Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#89374 09/02/12 08:03 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

See, no cliffy, just a nice little joke.

And, yes, I apologize for the "Wolfe" in sheep's clothing cliffy. laugh It was just too tempting, and if I had posted the rest of the scene in Part 37, it would have made 38 quite short indeed.

If any of you are still talking / writing to me, please leave your feedback here.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/23/14 03:38 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi Virginia,

I'm first! hyper

“Sorry, Ms. Lane. Detective Wolfe,” he replied, flashing his badge and holstering his gun. “Henderson sent me and an electronics team here to make sure Superman had removed all the spyware from your apartment.”
Wolfe: wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

Alright!!! They caught the installation team in the act! Maybe now they will get a lead back to Luthor, I hope. That is, of course, unless you are going to continue to be evil and allow him to continue his schemes.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's moving right along. More soon please!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, the people putting the cameras in the bedrooms and bathrooms of Lois and Clark are stuck in show and tell. They need to step back and find a new game to play. Superman has the number of that one. And even Lois, with her bum wing knows that a camera is not an innocent installation.

As soon as Lois gets her arm mended, I expect to see these dumb guys flying around the room like they are an examination to be passed in karate. Do they realize who they are messing with?

I also like that Lois is comparing Clark and Superman mentally when she notices something that she likes or wants to happen again.

Keep up the good work.
Pat

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lois exhaled, although she hadn’t doubted Superman’s thoroughness.
Although maybe the electronics had been replaced, frequent sweeps cannot hurt.

“I’ll see you tomorrow morning, Clark.”
She doesn't say "here", but hey she doen't say "at the office", so Clark should just make the best assumption. smile1

Lois set her hand on his arm, stopping him. “Thank you for…” saving me from myself, she wanted to say. “— everything.”
Better this way, Clark knows she is thanking her for not having sex, but Lucy does not learn anything special.

“Call me if you need anything.” This he said to Lois.

She raised an eyebrow. “Anything?”

He paled slightly, luckily outside of Lucy’s view. Her sister didn’t need to know what had almost happened between them. “Third time’s the charm,” he said with a wink
So now he has basically given himself no more out from Lois' advances. He just needs to hope the next time she propositions him she is not drunk, or really distraught from a breakup. Oh no, what if it happens when she is under the influence of a perfume that removes all inhibitions. Hmm, this does not seem to have been wise.

“We’ve decided to take it slow this time.” So slow, they weren’t even dating.
Of course, she was going to go on a date with him, that he had not even asked for, before Mencken kidnapped her. So even that is only technically true, they reached an agreement to go on a date, irregularly, and it was interrupted, but still. Anyway, their lunch together probably counts as a date.

“Slow with kisses sounds hot!”

Lois blushed and stood up. “I’m not talking about this,”
She does not even try to deny it. Things are good for Clark. Of course, she was doing a lot more than kissing him.

“Oh,” he said modestly, knowing full well that was her way of saying ‘thank you’.
She, Clark is learning. He know understands Lois speak.

After last night’s thank-you-for-not-sleeping-with-me goodnight kiss,
See, I knew he made the right decision. She is not angry at him right now, if he had caved she would be either a-because she would feel just horrible for having sex to spite someone or b- because she would be made at him for not telling her his secret c- she would be made at him for rejecting her so often as his alter ego d- all of the above, and some other items as well.

he decided he would do anything and everything possible to earn her gratitude, include make her a healthy breakfast.
When did making breakfast becomes so exceptional. I though it was part of basic partner of Lois behavior.

“Well, I thought you might be hungry since we didn’t finish dinner.”
Well they definantly did not get to desert.

John Pack Lambert
X
Blogger
Blogger
X
“Sorry, Ms. Lane. Detective Wolfe,” he replied
Phew, a good guy for once.

“So, Kent, you and Ms. Lane, huh?” Wolfe said with a grin that matched his name, shaking Clark’s hand. “Gutsy! I’ve heard about her.”
Uh oh, did she hear that?

“Thank you for…” saving me from myself, she wanted to say. “— everything.”

Clark smiled sheepishly. “It was…” He cleared his throat. “— nothing,” he said, but she knew that it hadn’t been.

“Not to me, Clark,” Lois said, leaning over and lightly brushing a kiss across his mouth. She didn’t know why she had done it, and it appeared that Clark was shocked by the move as she was.
smile

He hadn’t meant to eavesdrop, honestly he hadn’t, especially after the last conversation he had listened in on between the Lane sisters, but he heard it just the same. He had practically floated down the stairs after she had kissed him goodbye.
smile

“You didn’t need to buy me food, Clark. I can make myself breakfast,” Lois said after she let him in.
Since when?

“Well, I thought you might be hungry since we didn’t finish dinner.” Oh, why did I have to bring that up? One of the reasons he preferred guard duty to going back to his apartment was the lack of free time to think. He didn’t look at Lois after saying this, but he could hear her emotional response. “I figured we’d be busy working on Menken’s death and looking into your stalker, and you really should have a good breakfast to keep up your energy and help you regrow your muscle. Breakfast is the most important meal of…” he rambled on until she set her hand on his arm and squeezed.
Is babbling contagious?

“Why didn’t I just bring bacon?” Clark grumbled, refusing to move away from the counter or face the Lane sisters.
Hahaha, poor Clark.

“Do you think they have magma lamps?”
Like a lava lamp? Is that a different dimension thing?

Lois giggled in a most un-Lois like way and turned to face Clark. “Really, Clark, by lava lamp? I’ve heard of doing it by candlelight, and by moonlight, but by lava lamp? Didn’t you fulfill that fantasy back in college?”
clap

“You named your hero after me,” Clark said with a beaming smile.
She stopped at the door of his building and faced him. “No, Clark. My hero came first, then came you.”

“So, you named me after your hero?” he stated more than asked. “Your romantic hero.”
laugh

This chapter was great! And no cliffhanger smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sydney: Who? What? Me? smile1 Thank you.

Ken: <<checks outline>> Nope. Luthor doesn't get caught yet. He's currently dipped in snake oil so everything slides right off him. (Anyway, where's the fun in that? wink ) And if I get rid of Lex, I'd have to come up with another bad guy.

Laura: Thanks. Just trying to keep things fun and interesting. Posting again by Thursday. Now that I've finished my Summer/Fall ficathon(s), I'll concentrate more on WC again.

Pat: Lois *never* thought of the cameras as "innocent". Lucy certainly didn't. Clark didn't think it was an innocent prank. Good thing the Pranster is currently in jail wink or they'd have another suspect.

As soon as Lois gets her arm mended, I expect to see these dumb guys flying around the room like they are an examination to be passed in karate. Do they realize who they are messing with?
Luckily for them, they'll be nice and safe in jail before Lois is healed.

I also like that Lois is comparing Clark and Superman mentally when she notices something that she likes or wants to happen again.
Hmmmm. Wonder why that is? [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: I'm sure that Clark will oblidge Lois in the sweeps without her even needing to ask Superman.

She doesn't say "here", but hey she doen't say "at the office", so Clark should just make the best assumption.
He does. "Here" it is, then. wink

Better this way, Clark knows she is thanking her for not having sex, but Lucy does not learn anything special.
Poor Lois and Clark regulated to a relationship in everyone else's dirty minds.

So now he has basically given himself no more out from Lois' advances. He just needs to hope the next time she propositions him she is not drunk, or really distraught from a breakup. Oh no, what if it happens when she is under the influence of a perfume that removes all inhibitions. Hmm, this does not seem to have been wise.
Oh, no! Poor Clark. What will he do? [Linked Image]

Of course, she was going to go on a date with him, that he had not even asked for, before Mencken kidnapped her. So even that is only technically true, they reached an agreement to go on a date, irregularly, and it was interrupted, but still. Anyway, their lunch together probably counts as a date.
Technically, the pre-kidnapping dinner wasn't a date date, but a dinner between co-workers and partners. Lunch might have counted as a date, except that Lois thought it would be with Superman.

She does not even try to deny it. Things are good for Clark. Of course, she was doing a lot more than kissing him.
Why should she deny it? Lucy thinks they've done more... more than what they've actually done, that is.

She, Clark is learning. He know understands Lois speak.
He's still in the learning phase.

See, I knew he made the right decision. She is not angry at him right now, if he had caved she would be either a-because she would feel just horrible for having sex to spite someone or b- because she would be made at him for not telling her his secret c- she would be made at him for rejecting her so often as his alter ego d- all of the above, and some other items as well.
Yes, all of the above, probably.

When did making breakfast becomes so exceptional. I though it was part of basic partner of Lois behavior.
They've only been "partners" for a few days. He's got to start somewhere.

Well they definantly did not get to desert.
LOIS: It's not *my* fault! Although, I should have remembered Clark doesn't like sweets.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
X Phile: You were the only one who was suspecious of the Guy With Gun's bad guy status. 2 points. clap

Uh oh, did she hear that?
LOIS: mad I was standing right there.

Since when?
clap His definition of breakfast is slighty different than Lois's.

Is babbling contagious?
Possibly.

Hahaha, poor Clark.
Glad you enjoyed my little DE fun fest.

Like a lava lamp? Is that a different dimension thing?
Yes, on both accounts.

This chapter was great! And no cliffhanger
Thank you. And, yes, no more "Wolfe's" in sheep... er... mountain lion? clothes.

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOIS: It's not *my* fault! Although, I should have remembered Clark doesn't like sweets.
Drive-by FDK: So, Lois should have dressed in black leather and carried a whip to have some success? Since Cat already failed with the frumpy farmgirl outfit?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Drive-by FDK: So, Lois should have dressed in black leather and carried a whip to have some success? Since Cat already failed with the frumpy farmgirl outfit?

wave Michael
LOIS: Black leather is difficult to get into one handed. And I whip with my right arm, so that will have to wait until I'm healed. What was this about Cat's farm girl outfit? I need to talk to her about keeping her mitts off my partner! <<really need cat-fight smilie>>

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
On the other hand Lois can succeed at things where Cat will fail.

It does look like Clark does not like Lois acting too much like Cat. Still, what will he do with the lava lamps?

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
On the other hand Lois can succeed at things where Cat will fail.

It does look like Clark does not like Lois acting too much like Cat. Still, what will he do with the lava lamps?
evil [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“I told you it was Lois. Hello? Keys!” Lucy complained to the man, before turning on her sister. “Where have you been?”
That was evil.

Would she really know if it was fake or stolen?
Maybe if Clark held him out the window until Henderson shows up and verifies his identity?

“So, Kent, you and Ms. Lane, huh?” Wolfe said with a grin that matched his name, shaking Clark’s hand. “Gutsy! I’ve heard about her.”
[Linked Image]

Lois knew this was going to be a long night, and not the kind of one she had been hoping for earlier.
She’s really going for Clark, isn’t she?

Lucy crossed her arms and waited impatiently for Lois to explain.
Yeah, why is Lois getting all the royalties when Lucy is doing most of the heavy lifting? It’s almost like Lois is the grey madam behind the scenes.

She didn’t want him to go but it was better than having him witness the loving Lane sisters go at it like wildcats.
Ooooh! Lex would like that.

“Thank you for…” saving me from myself, she wanted to say. “— everything.”
Awwwwwww…

“It was…” He cleared his throat. “— nothing,” he said, but she knew that it hadn’t been.
No, ‘nothing’ hit’s it pretty closely to home.

“Not to me, Clark,” Lois said, leaning over and lightly brushing a kiss across his mouth. She didn’t know why she had done it, and it appeared that Clark was shocked by the move as she was.
/raises hand/

“Lois! Clark’s not staying? No! He has to stay,” demanded Lucy, pushing the door shut with Clark still inside the apartment.
Yes. Clark has to stay. Lois is much more balanced when she’s sexually satisfied. At least, Lucy assumes as much. There’s hasn’t really ever been any sort of proof to that regard.

“Some wacko out there has been filming us, and you want to leave us unprotected,” Lucy hollered.
That’s why? And is it really so much different than staring on Big Brother or College Girls Nightly?

“Isn’t your sister a black belt or something?”
Handicapped at the moment.

She raised an eyebrow. “Anything?”
Ooooh!

. “Third time’s the charm,” he said with a wink,
hyper

“I told you, Lucy, I… What?! In our shower?
Duh!

He said that there was one in the bathroom, but I had thought…”
What? Embedded in the wall opposite the toilet?

She plopped herself down on the sofa with a thud. She really needed to get softer furniture. Clark’s couch was much more comfortable than this. Clark was like his couch as Superman was to her sofa.
clap

“You are?” Clark asked, glancing over at her. She had said she’d see him in the morning. Had he come too early? Or had she meant at work? Perhaps coming with breakfast fixings…
/shakes head/

“I didn’t sleep well last night.” Or at all.

Lois smiled at him. “I bet.”

Clark flushed and glanced away. She believed it was the thought of her sitting on his lap at dinner that had kept him awake.
Oh boy. How is he going to handle thinking that Lois thinks she’s the fuel for his private time?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
After last night’s interrupted dinner, he had a whole slew of possibilities that involved Lois and food.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Has arrived at last! I really should be writing tonight, trying to get that next part to Betas, but my hubby is watching the "Tudors" in the next room and it's difficult to write clearly with the distraction.

That was evil.
Who? What? Me? drool

What? Embedded in the wall opposite the toilet?
In medicine cabinet not pointed at either the toilet or in the shower. Why would anyone be looking for sex with Superman in either of those places?

Oh dear! /settles in for loooong haul.
[Linked Image] Um... yes... this is one of my longish stories.

Nah, there’s always cover stories. Like the one in a couple of days when she’s playing a three-legged bunny at the Metro-Club.
rotflol I didn't know the Metro Club was a drag show! Won't Lex and Lois be in for a surprise.

LOIS: Now, I don't know whether to be flattered or insulted that I was chosen.

Interesting form of punishment. Like eating chocolate when she’s been a naughty girl. Hmm… no wonder Perry and Henderson have such a hard time with her.
Women's logic: Eating boatload of chocolate = punishment (more work to make the pounds come off).

So, they take an hour or two instead of a quick fifteen minutes before the sports show?
That's what Lucy's thinking, yes. Hmmmm. She needs to talk to Jimmy about that.

Oh dear. Is it going to suffer from a freak gas tank explosion?
No. It could be a random homeless person sleeping in his car. Needs to double check it first.

I went Smilie crazy again, so 2-Part FDK-FDK

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh boy. How is he going to handle thinking that Lois thinks she’s the fuel for his private time?
CLARK: I find a lack of private time to think about Lois thinking about me thinking about Lois works best.

LOIS: Huh? Again, I don't know whether to be flattered or insulted.

CLARK: Just go with flattered.

Lucy! The sausage is only for your sister. You can go and have James prep some for you.
LUCY: Jimmy's at work, and I'm sure Clark brought enough breakfast sausage to share, right?

LOIS: [Linked Image] Mine!

There, does that help?
CLARK: I didn't say I wasn't *thinking* about other possibilities, just wasn't considering them.

He did, didn’t he?
He brought pork, yes, but not bacon.

All he needs to do is Cat once and tell Lois. Then he will be maybe not save from caving but Lois would gladly help him out with not actually following through on his caving.
CLARK: That could work...

LOIS: [Linked Image]

CLARK: <<groan>> Patience, yes, patience sounds good.

There was a vignette where Bernie Klein put a bit of Kryptonite into the lamp and when they turned it on, they could consummate safely without any danger of Clark hurting Lois in his vigor. Until Ellen got rid of it because it didn’t fit the rest of the furniture. Lois was not a happy camper.
clap Bravo!

She’s ‘acting’.
Yep.

/waits for her Stormtrooper immitation/
Oh! Clones! [Linked Image] Duh! I almost missed that one. Good one! laugh

Where did he pull that name out?
Coincidence?

/draws diagram for Lois/
LOIS: <<looks at picture. Turns it over. Hands to Clark.>> I think you need this more than I do.

CLARK: Thanks. What's this? <<stares at diagram>> blush Funny thing, Lois. I keep getting sent one of these every week from a guy named Michael. I keep printing them out and putting them in my drawer. I think I almost have enough to wallpaper my bedroom.

LOIS: :rolleyes:

Clark? Or Charlie?
Not Clark.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
but my hubby is watching the "Tudors" in the next room and it's difficult to write clearly with the distraction.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/recommends headphones for watching TV/
He's usually in bed asleep early, so it's typically a problem.

Oh, *that* kind of cat fight. No, Lex isn’t expecting that kind. He also doesn’t understand the concept of them being sisters. He doesn’t read the bio on the characters, just watches them and fast-forwards over the talking parts.
But... but... but... He sent Asabi out to look for Kent's bio! You're telling me he's not going to even read it?

No-no, the ‘nothing’ referred to nothing happening.
They made out. Sort of.

That was a ‘me too’. Totally shocked.
That's why we love Lois. She's unpredictable.

That’s very material of them.
Well, you said that Lucy was arguing about Lois getting the higher royalties for less work.

I was thinking about holding her balance, not getting enough momentum, and, possibly, falling short due to a sudden movement causing a sharp pain in her biceps.
<<cough, cough>> Jump first Lane. Anyway, Clark isn't really going anywhere. You know that right?

Maybe be Lex wasn’t just looking for sex? Who knows how these old creeps tick?
But Lois thinks it's Trask.

She wouldn’t be much good on the stage or as a cocktail waitress with just three working limbs. Dancing’s awkward and she wouldn’t have a hand available to slap patrons who get too handsy.
Then we better give her a part or two to recover first.

So, thinking ahead and/or back to the last incident when new gratification would be in order?
No comment.

She doesn’t the concept of sisterly sharing, does she?
From my experience sisterly sharing consists of: What's your is mine, whether you like it or not, and I might not give it back if I like how it looks on me.

Hey, it could have been possible that they call it other things back in his home dimension.
Nope, a sausage is a sausage and bacon is bacon back in alt-dimension. Remember that dimension only changed from canon dimension starting 150 years prior.

Lois is sending lots of mixed signals, isn’t she?
LOIS: Don't be ridiuclous! <<unbuttons top button of her blouse>> I don't send mixed messages <<sits on Clark's desk and shows him her leg>> Whatever gives you that idea?

Oooooh! I didn’t actually go *that* whole circle. Stupid me. I was just thinking of Smallville-Lois dressing up as a Storm Trooper and Barnie’s remarks on girls dressed up as Storm Troopers in the last season of How I Met Your Mother.
Sounds good. But I'm painfully behind on my HIMYM viewing, no cable.

Hey, they’re not *that* detailed. Can’t he be a normal guy from the sticks and put up Playboy centerfolds? Or is he using them as the best available material he has of Lois? Poor guy.
CLARK: I figure if I have enough of them, when I do my spin in the morning to get dressed it will look like animation!

Maybe he should watch and use his artistic skills to draw life-like pictures of her naked?
LOIS: Who do I look like? Rose from Titanic?

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard