Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#89330 08/30/12 08:27 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Now, this was what you all expected, right?

Another Cliffy! blush Yeah, sorry about that. I, normally, don't like breaking scenes in the middle, but if I moved the whole scene over it would have made Part 38 too short, so... Oh, look, another shiny thing.... [Linked Image]

I promise, no cliffy ending at the end of Part 38. [Linked Image]

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/23/14 03:40 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
How funny that Clark is telling the truth but Lois thinks he's joking around! I like that Lois is slowly coming around and that Clark hasn't spilled the beans yet. But I'm a little worried he may have waited too long. This Clark and Lois have been through more intense experiences than the original. I don't think she'll react well. (Well...of course not. Just even worse than canon).

Joan

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
“Miss Lane, I warned you not to open the door,” said a dark haired man in a suit from beside Lucy. He was holding a gun.
What did you do, Virginia? Do you really want to be the new queen of all cliffhangers?

So, a dark haired man with a gun? Who is he?

Luthor? I don't think so: he is more subtile....

Trask? May be. But I think that they know him.

A new Kryptonian? Why not? Or is it too soon?

Tempus? But is he dark haired? I don't remember.

Or? Or? confused

I don't know. Please, post soon hyper hyper

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I am glad that Clark did not cave into Lois. I am more glad that Lois finally managed to understand why he didn't by the end.

Considering that Lois says she can't marry him, he made the right decision in not doing anything with her in my opinion. Call me old fashioned, but I think his being smart. Lois would hate him a long time if his secret got revealed if he had sex with her when she was reeling from his alter-ego rejecting her. Also, I do not think he could have avoided floating while having sex, so the secret would have been revealed that night, which would have been several times worse.

I am really wondering who this gun carrying guy at the end is. I also am afraid Clark's secret might be revealed. Losi is going to be awfully mad at him about it.

I am also surprsied that he managed to not answer Lois' question about whether Superman was bragging about her throwing herself at him.

Lastly, how did Clark forget about Lois throwing herself at him before.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
How funny that Clark is telling the truth but Lois thinks he's joking around! I like that Lois is slowly coming around and that Clark hasn't spilled the beans yet. But I'm a little worried he may have waited too long. This Clark and Lois have been through more intense experiences than the original. I don't think she'll react well. (Well...of course not. Just even worse than canon).

Joan
It reminds me of when in the Superman cartoon TV show Clark tells Lois he really is superman to explain his scooping her, and she does not believe him. If things are ludicrous enough just saying them does not let the secret out.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Lois told him to tell her his deepest, darkest secret, which he did... kind of. There's a lot he hasn't told her. Yes, Lois's resistance to the collective... <<cough>> I mean, to Clark is starting to fail. Ah, shucks. Does there ever come a time when it becomes too late to tell the truth? (And no, I don't mean when the kids start flying around the house and freezing the fishtank.)

I don't think she'll react well. (Well...of course not. Just even worse than canon).
Will Lois be angry, nuclear bomb angry, at Clark for not telling her? Hmmmm. [Linked Image] I've not yet posted a story where she's *not* angry at Clark for not telling. Maybe "Just a Little Note" ... no, wait, mad Lois makes an appearance there too. But, then again, I like mad Lois. smile1

Sydney: blush Oh, dear, that one line has totally distracted you from all that good fluffy stuff earlier in the part. Yes, my Betas slammed me for the double cliffy too. My apologies.

So, a dark haired man with a gun? Who is he?

Luthor? I don't think so: he is more subtile....
The characters would have recognized Luthor, if it was him, don't you think?

Trask? May be. But I think that they know him.
Yep, they've met. (Remember plane, kiss, Lois jumped.)

A new Kryptonian? Why not? Or is it too soon?
hyper Someone who agrees with me.

Considering that Lois says she can't marry him, he made the right decision in not doing anything with her in my opinion. Call me old fashioned, but I think his being smart. Lois would hate him a long time if his secret got revealed if he had sex with her when she was reeling from his alter-ego rejecting her. Also, I do not think he could have avoided floating while having sex, so the secret would have been revealed that night, which would have been several times worse.
Yep, I'm thinking that would have been a "worse than Claude" moment, too.

I am really wondering who this gun carrying guy at the end is. I also am afraid Clark's secret might be revealed.
Hmmmm. [Linked Image]

Losi is going to be awfully mad at him about it.
I'm thinking there's no way for Clark to reveal himself now without Lois getting mad at him.

I am also surprsied that he managed to not answer Lois' question about whether Superman was bragging about her throwing herself at him.
He's managed it every time she's accused him of talking about her with Superman behind her back, except I think that one time when Superman originally dumped her.

Lastly, how did Clark forget about Lois throwing herself at him before.
He didn't see it as Lois throwing herself at him, more as drunk flirting that wasn't serious. Plus, he was seriously distracted during this conversation.

It reminds me of when in the Superman cartoon TV show Clark tells Lois he really is superman to explain his scooping her, and she does not believe him. If things are ludicrous enough just saying them does not let the secret out.
Clark reveals secret identity to Lois That's hillarious! Is that the one you mean, John?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I'd post a longer FDk if I was at a better computer for typing (hubby got an IPad for this trip/vacation and I didn't bring my laptop) so the longer post will have to wait. Loved this!

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Yes,” he said, and she pressed her lips to his before he could clarify. “But not tonight.”
ER: [Linked Image]
EW: [Linked Image]

For those of you who want to yell at me (and/or throw tomatoes) for not having Clark cave at this point and time, please do so here, on the comments page.
You mean, like this: [Linked Image] ?

Lois sat back and stared at him. “Pardon?”
LOIS: clap She can do this with one arm tied in front of her. Literally. But Cat could do it with both hands tied above her head. Also literally.

He didn’t doubt that, but he needed to convince her otherwise. “But you said once… that you like it on top… You really need two arms for that,”
Not necessarily.

Lois raised a brow. “I’m on top now.”
Point Lois.

Okay, she had won that argument, too. He didn’t want to voice the real reason he was saying no, but she was leaving him no choice.
He’s married to a Kryptonian Lady?

“It’s beginning to sound like you don’t want to make love to me after all,” Lois said, squeezing her thighs together and confirming her suspicions that he indeed did want her.
Naughty, naughty, naughty, *naughty* girl.

Clark moved his hand up to her jaw. “This… this isn’t making love, Lois. This is sex, and I don’t want to have sex with you.”
Pishawwww…

“We could pretend we were making love,” she countered, her voice growing harder, more recognizable. “I know you want me.”
Oh dear. Now she’s going into stubborn hurt mode.

“If we were to have sex, you would hate me and you would hate yourself, and I don’t want that. I don’t want our joining to be something you regret.”
Maybe she would. Wouldn’t stop her from coming back for more, though.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“No, you don’t. You’re angry at him, and you’re angry at yourself. You want to punish the both of you for what can’t be,” Clark said, wishing with all his might that it weren’t true.
hyper

she said in all earnestness, before throwing back her head and laughing at the ridiculousness of the idea.
wallbash

He had thought that a very good suggestion, as a matter of fact. “I accept.”

“W…what?!” Lois stammered, her laughter fading fast.

“Your marriage proposal. I accept,” he repeated.
Oops? Once again, Lois jumped without checking that this is a ten meter board and below it’s the toddler pool?

“But marriage to save the world still isn’t love,” he said, bobbing his head back and forth. “— so we’d still have to wait for you to catch up to me on that front, before we could consummate the marriage.
So, all the bad parts without the fun stuff? Lois is so going to go for that. At least she’ll get a decent meal a day and someone to do the cleaning chores. Even if he steps out at night and returns in the wee hours after what’s obviously an extra marital relation. There’s been fic about last that scenario. It’s on your to-read list. [Linked Image]

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois got to her feet. “I can’t believe we’ve been sitting around your apartment all night. Come on, we’ve got a story to write.”
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Christina:
I'd post a longer FDk if I was at a better computer for typing (hubby got an IPad for this trip/vacation and I didn't bring my laptop) so the longer post will have to wait. Loved this!
hyper Oooooh. A new toy! I completely understand. Nook is good for reading e-mail and checking out early morning FDK, but not good for responding. clap Have a good vacation!

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: You're caught up. Now, I need to. I got distracted by my new ficathon story(s), the fair, parade, and canning. But now I'm back with enough green slime jelly to last me a year. (Green slime is how my son describes my green grape jelly.)

You mean, like this: <tomato in face>
Yep. And this: [Linked Image] and this: [Linked Image]. I'm thinking I deserved those.

Neither is this.
This isn't ready?

This can be either very good or very bad. I’m going with him trying to keep the blood in his brain and fulfill the excess fluid requirement in a different way.
Or it could be very bad in a very good way?

She just put Cat out of business.
evil

Maybe he could pick a fight? Tell her that he thinks her shot-up arm is a turnoff? She has bad breath?
He wants her to like Clark, not hate him. And he does pick a fight... sort of.

Girl Scout Badge #237
[Linked Image]

/goes checking/ No, it’s right there next to the can of mace.
Why would she bring a can of mace with her on her Superman date?

He’s contradicting himself. I’m thinking the crossed leg interrogation is proving fruitful.
Brain doesn't work well without blood flow.

She can do this with one arm tied in front of her. Literally. But Cat could do it with both hands tied above her head. Also literally.
True.

Not necessarily.
My guess is that he doesn't have much experience with what he's trying to talk about.

He’s married to a Kryptonian Lady?
LOIS: The only Kryptoinian around is Superman and he's... shock NO! [Linked Image]

Naughty, naughty, naughty, *naughty* girl.
And nobody thought Clark would be punished for Superman breaking Lois's heart.

Oh dear. Now she’s going into stubborn hurt mode.
Which is why he didn't want to have this conversation.

Maybe she would. Wouldn’t stop her from coming back for more, though.
Possibly.

Yep. She’s angry.
He just turned her down. Of course she's angry.

It looks like it from where she’s sitting. It also sounds like it.
It's a parenting technique (which I'm not good at). Where you don't say "no", you just say, "yes" so that it sounds like no. "Yes, you can have TV. Tomorrow, after you clean up your room." "Yes, you can go out with your friends. Next week, after you've been grounded for lying to me."

Yes, but by then she’ll have been touched indecently by Lex and be boinking Call-Me-Daniel.
CLARK: What? Luthor shot her! Huh? Who's that other guy? You mean, I should have said 'yes', now! And whisked her into the bedroom? wallbash

That’s so twisted it makes sense again.
CLARK: Thank you. I think.

They have Kryptonite for such an occasion. It is taste neutral when ground up and goes great with while or rice. Thick spaghetti sauce works, too.
LOIS: I'll pick some up the next time I'm at "Evil-R-Us" next to LexMart Drugs.

Sadly, true. I’m sure he can make it worse.
CLARK: I may be a stupid lunkhead, but at least, I recognize this about about myself.

/points at Cat and the girls in the secretarial pool. Which reminds me, does Lex actually *have* a pool where his secretaries are lounging about, naked and waiting to be called for a steno session?
MRS. COX: He, most certainly, does not! I'm all the assistance he needs.

Glutton for punishment? He lives for the chase?
Yep. Yep. Soul mate works too. Kryptonian DNA works. Lunkhead, too.

Sad, but also true.
He's trying to be honest.

Did they get an exorcist?
CLARK: I don't really want to talk about it.

they do say that a guy has to give the woman he tries to pick up a cold shoulder. Of course, I’m thinking nobody told poor Clark here that, once she comes on to you with what’s basically a lapdance, it’s time to invite her into the bedroom.
CLARK: Not the same day you've broken her heart while wearing a skin tight blue suit and red cape.

CLARK: I’m attracted to men in black combat suits who wear cowls and capes.
LOIS: If that were true you wouldn't have moved to Metropolis.

No, it’s a bet, actually.
Yep, can he screw up his life more than canon Clark?

How's he doing?

Oops? Once again, Lois jumped without checking that this is a ten meter board and below it’s the toddler pool?
Well, Clark did warn her that he'd make her hate him by the end of the night.

So, all the bad parts without the fun stuff? Lois is so going to go for that. At least she’ll get a decent meal a day and someone to do the cleaning chores. Even if he steps out at night and returns in the wee hours after what’s obviously an extra marital relation.
LOIS: Or I could just make him my partner and get the same benefits without the legal stuff.

There’s been fic about last that scenario. It’s on your to-read list.
I'll have to check those out one of these days.

Maybe her father could take it off?
I don't think she's ready to be Darth Lois.

That’s not going to fly well.
What? You think that she only is going to want a partner with benefits?

Is this where he learns to flirt with every blonde bimbo that crosses their paths?
Well, there is one coming up...

So, sex with Monique was the sport and the hunt that followed the relaxation?
Details supplied later.

Do we *have* to like him?
Lex = Evil. So, no, you don't have to like him. But you can love to hate him, if you like.

He really has trouble understanding women, does he?
Lex or Clark? And, yes.

Like that would help now. Asabi sure is not the most competent one, is he?
Poor man. He should have suggested the stone for use on Clark Kent instead.

What’s the matter? Was she worried when Lois didn’t show up all night?
No, she'd figure she was just sleeping at Clark's. It was that she wanted to yell at Lois for the men in her apartment.

Not. Funny.
EW: <<note to self>> No more double cliffies. Gotcha. Again, no cliffy at the end of 38.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Clark reveals secret identity to Lois That's hillarious! Is that the one you mean, John? [/QB]
Yep, that is the one I mean. Watching that lone clip a few motns ago got me into watching more Superman stuff, and then to watching Lois and Clark.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Yep, that is the one I mean. Watching that lone clip a few motns ago got me into watching more Superman stuff, and then to watching Lois and Clark.
hyper Well, you're more than welcome here!

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
(Green slime is how my son describes my green grape jelly.)
wave Michael

X
Blogger
Blogger
X
I just moved across the state for school. I'm almost done! One more semester at Western Michigan and I'm free! ...Until I get my big girl job... I'm staying with a couple from my friends church and their 10 year old foster child. We clicked right away and instead of reviewing this afternoon like I had planned, I was out playing volleyball and soccer. Looks like I'm going to have an active semester, but I will get all the chapters reviewed!

Anyway...on to the review!

“Yes,” he said
hyper

“But not tonight.”
hyper

Lois smacked him lightly with the back of her hand. “So, why are you here, really, Mr. Kent?” she teased. “You can’t have traveled across time and space only to capture my heart.”
Well, actually...

“Well, Chuck, you might not care, but I do. If the future of the world and Utopia is at stake, and our love is the only thing that will save it, we should go rush off and get married,” she said in all earnestness, before throwing back her head and laughing at the ridiculousness of the idea.
Accept! Accept!

He had thought that a very good suggestion, as a matter of fact. “I accept.”
laugh

She touched his jaw and tilted his head so that he was looking at her instead of her foot. “You don’t have to wait for me, you know. The world won’t end.”

Mine would. He decided to go with the joke to ease out of this moment. “I’m sure, if I’m lucky, Cat Grant would throw me another offer.” Luck had nothing to do with it. It had become almost a form of greeting from the gossip columnist.

“On the other hand, there is something to be said about patience,” Lois replied, rescinding her previous advice.
rotflol

------------
Ugh, Lex. What a creep!

“Can you…?” she started to ask before the door was pulled open in front of them and they were facing Lucy.

“Finally!” she gasped at them.

“Miss Lane, I warned you not to open the door,” said a dark haired man in a suit from beside Lucy. He was holding a gun.
Oh, no! Who is it!? Lucy isn't tied up/held hostage/dead so they can't be that bad right?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Since I made both green and red grape jellies, my hubby thinks I should nickname them Kryptonite Jelly from their color alone (gives you an idea on their shade).

Well, some people post much worse cliffies. And far more regularly. Well, not anymore, but still…
Yes, but that cliffy seemed to be heading in one direction, but then turned the other way. whinging

Isn’t that kind of counterproductive ‘punishment’?
EW: Entertainment value for the ER is never counterproductive.

And he thinks that’s helpful. Oh. Right. He’s slow. Lack of oxygen when he was stuck in a capsule as a baby.
Poor Clark.

/imagines some *really* twisted priest who wasn’t allowed near school yards ever since *that* incident several years earlier.
CLARK: Not *that* twisted.

CLARK: Beard. I can fly and visit my boyfriend whenever I want to.
EW: whinging

Good. I think Canon Clark would have to freeze his Lois and not be able to revive her to beat him at this point.
CLARK: <<sarcastic>> Terrific.

No, that was three years later. When he leaves for Krypton.
Oh, dear. Is *that* what really happened to Ralph?

You know, the resolution <spoiler>
evil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
X Phile: Good luck with your studies!

You're killing me
Terribly sorry.

girl scout?
According to "Ordinary People" she was.

She's creative, she can work around that
hyper Phew.

Ugh, Lex. What a creep!
EW: Sorry, he's a baddy.

LEX: It's a requirement to get into the Evil League of Villians.

Oh, no! Who is it!? Lucy isn't tied up/held hostage/dead so they can't be that bad right?
Yeah. What's up with that? wink

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Since I made both green and red grape jellies, my hubby thinks I should nickname them Kryptonite Jelly from their color alone (gives you an idea on their shade).
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Now you need to put a small light source beneath them.
But they already glow on their own. hyper Two for the price of one!

/whispers/ That’s happened at least once in the multi-verse.
I'm not taking on freezing Lois in the fic. Been there. Done that.

You mean, is he Nute Gunray?
I was thinking one of those poor admirals from the asteroid chase in Empire. Or maybe that guy he chokes in the boardroom meeting in SW.

Hey, I just thought of a funnier ending to NH. Hee hee. What if instead of the tinkling noise of coins, he heard a raspy breathing apperatice? LOL. Okay, I got to get my head out of the mud and back on my fic. Trying to get the next part to the Betas before next part posts tonight. shock

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard