Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8924 12/06/03 01:54 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hi FoLCs,
If you're here, you probably just read "Nine"--and you've probably gathered what I'm doing for the next nine months! wink
I'm writing a vignette for each month of Lois' pregnancy... in REAL TIME. Yep, that means you will have to wait until August for the baby to be born. (Sorry! Please don't get mad!) :p
I hope you enjoy it!
-Wanda Detroit
PS: I refer a little to my previous story, so if you want to read that first, it's available here: Love Thy Neighbor

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
#8925 12/06/03 02:15 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awwwwwww..how romantic and sweet!

I don't know if I can hang in there for 8 more months?! wink Well, ok..since I did it in real life I guess I can wait until August to find out what Lois and Clark have!!

Nice start! thumbsup

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#8926 12/06/03 02:30 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
What a delightful idea for a series, Wanda. Sweet and creative. smile And "Nine" itself is well written, romantic and fun ... good job!

The only part I'm a bit unsure about -- though I realize now that I've read your opening post to this comment folder that you are a little stuck here, since it's a sequel to your other story -- is having this be Lois's second pregnancy. If you hadn't added in the part about the miscarriage, I would have no problems believing her response, but given that she's had one already (albeit through a somewhat -- though not completely -- unusual circumstance), I'm not sure they'd be ready to break out the champagne this early. Many women who have lost a baby so late (and 3 months is right when you are starting to feel "safe") find it hard to get completely excited about the next one and tend to walk on eggshells a fair bit, emotionally, until they are well past the point where they lost their earlier child. So, for example, Lois's certainty that next Christmas they would have a baby in the house seemed a bit bittersweet for me, since I think in the back of her mind -- or maybe even the front of her mind -- she knows that is by no means a given.

In any case, this is not a criticism of your writing by any means -- I think you did a wonderful job of creating this romantic Christmas story. smile But I wanted to point out the plot point since it might be something you'd want to incorporate into the rest of your series, or alternatively, if you decided you wanted to take this story out of your existing universe and make it a new one where there was no miscarriage.

Kathy

#8927 12/06/03 02:33 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Awwwww, Wanda that was a so sweet and lovely story. It warmed my heart. It will be really good to have a story for each month of Lois's pregnancy. Cool idea! smile

I can't wait for January then wink

Raquel smile

"It's not the years that count, it's the moments, right now as they happen." (Clark Kent to Lois Lane - Brutal Youth - S4)
#8928 12/06/03 02:42 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story. drool

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#8929 12/07/03 04:54 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Cute story!! smile

Jose (waiting the next month laugh )

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#8930 12/07/03 05:19 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I think this is a really nice story, but I agree with Kathy... I think it's a little unusual that Lois would be so excited about the baby without being a little worried. It's still a great story though and I'm looking forward to "Eight"!

*Blayne*

Clark: You are really high maintenance, you know it?
Lois: But I'm worth it.

Clark: Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?
Lois: Let's see. So far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this.
#8931 12/07/03 06:54 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Kathy & Blayne,
Thanks for your suggestions! I have been planning on addressing those concerns throughout the series--you're right, as I look back on it, I should not have had Lois go jumping for joy so soon in the game... I will be making changes and putting the final vignettes together under one title eventually, and when I do that, I'll be sure to address Lois' emotions more thoroughly and realistically. Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for reading!
-Wanda blush

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
#8932 12/07/03 07:06 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, what a sweet idea! smile And thank you for letting Lois be suspicious about being pregnant! laugh So often people write her as clueless, the better to shock her for effect... so this was just a nice change. Look forward to the next eight or so stories <g>

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#8933 12/07/03 09:37 AM
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Wanda,

loved it, can't wait to read "Eight". Please post on January, 1, ok? I'll be there, waiting...

Julia

#8934 12/11/03 04:51 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wanda,
wonderful and sweet
ditto others
merry

#8935 12/11/03 10:08 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
This is great, Wanda!

Looking forward to the next stories.
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#8936 12/11/03 02:39 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well I'll be tuning in to ride the next nine months with Lois and Clark.

Regarding the potential for problems, maybe you could deal with their fears in then next installment. Kind of after the initial excitement and thrill wears off, they both start to get nervous and act a little hesitant.

Overall, though, great start to what I'm sure is going to be an "eventful" pregnancy.
thumbsup
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
#8937 12/13/03 08:28 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wanda

What a wonderful idea! smile1
This is so romantic and WAFFy! clap

Tricia cool

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard