Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#89056 08/18/12 08:20 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

See, distraction. [Linked Image]

Hope you enjoyed this little rest pit from A-Plot. We'll get back to that in Part 34, which will post by Wednesday.

I would like to thank Sue S. and her Second Honeymoon for inspiring my characters to take this detour from what my outline said they should be doing at this point.

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/27/14 01:38 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
He realized that he had done this all wrong. Clark couldn’t tell Lois that Superman didn’t exist anymore because she had gotten hurt, and he couldn’t tell Lois that he had been Superman, not like this. He couldn’t tell her during a conversation about cheating or moving on, not tonight, the night she had been shot. There had to be a better way.
Sounds like classic procrastination if you ask me. Then again, it's very likely that canon Clark did the same thing in the night before "And the Answer Is."

“Can’t we just be friends?” Lois continued.

Friends with benefits? He shook that thought out of his head.
lol. Oh Clark, it's only a matter of time before you cave. Something tells me that while Cat would be disappointed but willing to wait in the wings, she's going to remind him that FWB isn't a great idea.

“I thought you might be hungry, but – the Dickens – if I can find your food.”
*Snort* But then again it's unlikely ANY Clark would truly curse. It reminds me of when my friends and I used to say Goodness instead of what we were actually thinking.

“I once had a foster brother with a broken wrist. There’s an adjustment period, but you’ll learn.”
Oh this should be new information to her. I know Cat knows he's an orphan but does Lois?

He patted the bed next to him. “When I was fifteen, I had a foster sister, Marbella.” He smiled sweetly at the memory. “She was seven, and I was put in charge of brushing her hair every day before school. I’m very gentle.”

Clark had put himself in charge of it. If he hadn’t done so, Bella’s hair would still have been a rat’s nest when she left the house. He sighed. Bella had been put into foster care when her mother’s boyfriend had abused her. If it hadn’t been for Clark, he was sure someone else would have picked up where that man had left off. In the six months he knew her, Clark taught her to say ‘No’ and to stand up for herself. At least, he hoped he had.

“What happened to her?” Lois asked, sitting down next to him.

“She was able to go home,” he whispered, slowly running the brush through Lois’s brown hair. “Not everyone who ends up in foster care stays in foster care.”
More new information. Clark, it's only a matter of time before she starts wondering.

Goodness, they have a long way to PML.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark could feel the electric current running through them, pulling them closer, joining them.
Oh dear. He shouldn’t kiss Lois underneath a high-voltage powerline. It might screw up the timeline. On the plus side, instant-healing for Lois.

“No, Clark,” Lois murmured against his lips. “I can’t. Don’t.”
What? Oh. Right. Protection.

“Don’t make me cheat on him,” she requested, as if it were Clark’s decision and not hers.
hyper

“I’ll be whatever you want me to be, do whatever you need, for as long as you need me to do it.”
/gets naughty thoughts/

She put a hand on his arm. “Can you help me? Or should I wake Lucy?”
Ooooh! Say, what exactly will that involve?

Neither of them could expect more than that.
Lois can. And so can Yoda.

She paused and glanced over at him. “Turn around.
So, still not over her modesty issues despite her nightly starring on Lex-Girls?

I don’t want you looking in my underwear drawer.”
Oh. wave Hi there, Tank. No, I’m sorry. Lucy volunteered.

At least, he hoped he had.
mecry

“She was able to go home,” he whispered,
The boyfriend met an alien in a dark alley and was never seen again?

or do pony tails. I’m quite the expert,”
I’ve heard Lex goes for the schoolgirl look with pigtails and a lollypop.

He drew in a breath as he realized how beautiful the curve of her neck was.
Lois: What, do I have blood spatter up there, too? *Great*! :rolleyes:

It was a crazy thing to say, but he was losing his brain function.
It’s from the blood loss to his brain.

“You can have more pain medication at six a.m.,” he reminded her.
What Clark says: “Not any sooner! They’re not candy, you hear?”
What Lois hears: “They’re chocolates.”

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“I should go. Let you get your sleep,”
confused Shouldn’t he be sleeping in her bed, allowing her to rest comfortably on him?

“What if I needed chocolate chip cookies?”
[Linked Image]

“Would you eat one if I offered it to you?” she asked.
Ooooh! Eeeeeevil.

“No, Lois. The great thing about me is that I’ll never eat your cookies.”
Yes, he’ll never ‘eat her cookie’ if he keeps that up.

Lois shook her head. “No, I have something more awkward to ask of you.”
“Could you maybe remove that surveillance camera up there?”

“Could you…”
The bra?

“— sit and keep me company a while. While I’m tired, I don’t think I could sleep. I’m too wound up by all that’s happened today.”
Awwwwww hyper

For a moment there, he had thought she was going to ask him to unhook her bra.
hyper

“Some bedside manner you got there, doc.”
It’s par for the course in Metropolis.

He had seen Clark kiss her. Clark was her Superman.
hyper

“He’s MPD’s best, but don’t let him know it.” She realized that Henderson could hear her.
Quite loopy.

Maybe he was right, maybe she was acting half-baked from the pain meds.
Uh-huh.

“Definitely drugs. I’m not going to get a clear statement out of you, am I, Lane?”
“It was Lex. It’s always been Lex. He blew up the shuttle and the Planet and killed Jimmy.”

Clark was her Superman. She wondered if he flew.
Only if you ask nicely. Or wear little.

tingled, and it wasn’t tingling for Superman. It was more than tingling, it was buzzing, and it was buzzing for Clark.
hyper

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He had only done so in her dream.
drool

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Clark,” she moaned his name again. “Lie down,” she whispered, then closed her eyes again to feign sleep.
hyper

Anymore and she was sure he would wake.
He’s probably already scared stiff.

Her eyes closed as she allowed herself to dream of all the possibilities those lips could fulfill.
cool

***End of Part 33***

Comments?
Awwwwwww

I would like to thank Sue S. and her Second Honeymoon for inspiring my characters to take this detour from what my outline said they should be doing at this point.
Aaaahhh... I should have known. wave Michael

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
You continue to tease us Virginia! Lois rejects Clark's kiss at the last moment. Then we get her recollection of her time with Clark in the ER. Has she figured out Clark is Superman? Or will she put it down to the drugs?

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Christina: Thanks you!

Sounds like classic procrastination if you ask me. Then again, it's very likely that canon Clark did the same thing in the night before "And the Answer Is."
And plus, I didn't want to get into that at this juncture. Both Lex and Lois finding out at the same time could spell disaster for our hero.

lol. Oh Clark, it's only a matter of time before you cave. Something tells me that while Cat would be disappointed but willing to wait in the wings, she's going to remind him that FWB isn't a great idea.
[Linked Image]

*Snort* But then again it's unlikely ANY Clark would truly curse. It reminds me of when my friends and I used to say Goodness instead of what we were actually thinking.
evil

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Another 4-Parter! hyper Sorry, about the delay, I figured I should send the next Part to Beta before answering my FDK (and my kids insisted on breakfast). laugh

Oh dear. He shouldn’t kiss Lois underneath a high-voltage powerline. It might screw up the timeline. On the plus side, instant-healing for Lois.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

EW: Um, Lois. No.

LOIS: Aw, shucks. [Linked Image]

What? Oh. Right. Protection.
Nope, sorry, that will be addressed later.

He’s going to tell her?
He's thinking about it.

That should tell Lex all he needs to know. Now he can move on to Taiwanese triplets.
LEX: A good general doesn't rush into battle. He's patient and waits for the opportune time to launch his next attack.

What? *That’s* where he was coming from?
Well, he thinks that Lois is a bit angry at Superman at the moment for well, NOT saving her after saving her all those times she didn't need it. So, maybe this isn't the best time to mention that he once was Superman. Maybe later, after five years of marriage or so, when Superman is a distant memory. /psst. lunkhead logic/

To tell her she killed off Superman?
<<cough>> Technically, that would have been Lex.

But she would be more capable of fending him off when she’s 150%, wouldn’t she? So, it’s perfectly reasonable he…
But he likes a woman with vitality.

Like he could do– oh, right.
Yep, Herb should be coming along sometime soon, so it is a possibility.

/gets naughty thoughts/
So does Lois, hence her moan.

Ooooh! Say, what exactly will that involve?
[Linked Image]

Lois can. And so can Yoda.
clap

So, still not over her modesty issues despite her nightly starring on Lex-Girls?
Lucy might be on the next Lex-Girls video, but Lois doesn't stretch and dance around the apartment, so no. (Sorry, Lois, you were cut).

Enough? What does he mean by ‘enough’? And how is there such a thing as ‘enough’?
For now.

Ooooh! More fantasy stuff.
Okay, maybe not enough.

Ooooh! She’s going to sleep like Clark does. With just sleepshorts on.
[Linked Image]

LOIS: <<one hand on her hip, other still in sling>> What do you mean? [Linked Image]? I most certainly will not! Correct that image in Michael's head right now! Thank you very much! [Linked Image]

EW: [Linked Image]

“Why?” and “No.” are both valid responses to this since her slapping arm is currently tied up.
Probably not the best time to test her ire.

That’s what icebergs are for.
And snow banks.

Getting changed? Or resisting the lure?
Yes.

/Has very funny flashback to a different Lois eye peeking out a different door while she was nursing a bullet wound at a different spot on her body/
She did? Oh, yes, before the whole soldering incident. Got it. I had forgotten about that. No, this is a different kind of request.

She *is* trusting. How about she has him use a blindfold. Oh, and what if he accidently brushes things with the back of his hand?
LOIS: [Linked Image] Um... that would feel really good... I mean, Clark's a good guy, he wouldn't do that!

CLARK: I wouldn't? <<clears throat>> I mean, I wouldn't!

Nono, it’s all right. I’ll just use that UV-lamp over there and we’re good to go.
huh Why does Clark need to be rejuiced?

Huh. How did she manage to fasten it?
Nurses, very helpful, figured she wouldn't want to leave hospital sans bottoms.

That should give him something to think about. Let’s hope her bra doesn’t fasten in the front.
LOIS: If it unfastened in the front, don't you think I'd be able to reach it?

Which is, had they started to consummate, he would be able to undress and later redress her using superspeed and all in the name of moving things along.
Well, where's the fun in that? That's part of the pre-event activities.

I went a little crazy on smilies, so 3 part replay. Thus Endith part 1.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Going through your stuff. Why do you ask?”
clap Duh, it's what she'd do.

Umm… Clark. It in that small plastic apparatus hanging on the wall over there. You pull that part off, speak into it, and a little while later the food appears in the front door.
clap

Shouldn’t he be sleeping in her bed, allowing her to rest comfortably on him?
<Points to above loss of brain function.>

<Superman rushing off to buy cookies>
clap

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Because she’s expecting his oral impersonation of her not-so-secret crush?
Pretty much.

And does Clark know how much she’s confused? And does it matter when it’s all just a dream, anyway?
No, it doesn't matter, technically. In the first draft of this scene, it was from Clark's POV. The "breeze" was Clark exhaling, trying to steel his nerves for this stupid thing he was doing.

Would she really be crushed if it turned out that Clark was her Superman?

Nobody knows.
Only if he drops out of the sky and hits her. <<ducking>>

Or is it a dream? Is it Lois remembering Superman saying good bye to her for good? Well, until she finds him and drags his bespectacled heiney back into the air?
Yes, that was Superman saying goodbye for good. Is it a memory? A reinterpretation of what happened through a drug filled mind? Hmmmm.

Hush, Lois. That’s just the drugs talking.
So, you *don't* want her to give up on Superman?

Still not sure if that’s a dream or a memory.
Or her memory talking to her via a dream?

It’s par for the course in Metropolis.
[Linked Image] No wonder Lois doesn't like hospitals.

“It was Lex. It’s always been Lex. He blew up the shuttle and the Planet and killed Jimmy.”
HENDERSON: Yep, loopy. Jimmy's still alive Lois. Actually, last I heard there are two of them now.

Only if you ask nicely. Or wear little.
clap

Just a dream, then? She’s going to run and hide from that.
Is it a dream? Or was it her memory talking to her, trying to nudge her in the correct direction? Or was it a drugged memory in the guise of dream? Or was it just another Evil Writer having fun?

How about Lex? He’s not creepy, is he?
LOIS: Creepy!

LUCY: Creepy!

LEX: Hey, I resemble that remark! <Coughs and then points at Clark> He wears glasses, and grew up on a farm.

CLARK: <shrugs sheepishly> I look better in (and out of) a towel. Easily forgivable.

See? Told him. Wouldn’t listen.
CLARK: <pouting> Well, nobody (except Michael, who I couldn't hear at the time) told me!

Still in recovery. No more kissing.
LOIS: [Linked Image] But... But... But I got shot!

Bad Lois. That is *not* approved activity in your bedroom.
Fantasizing? Thinking? Or moaning? Or d) All of the above?

And she’s influencing his dreams
[Linked Image]

Also, Lex would also give her the time of the day if she asked. He’d also give her a golden watch if she ‘asked’.
Why? Is she retiring?

It’s called a ‘loophole’.
clap

Well, all she needs to do is listen if he’s going ‘yes, Lois, yes’ or ‘no, Lois, no’.
Um... Actually, that could go either way.

She doesn’t always have to be a active part. There’s also options where she basically enjoys herself passively.
Lois? Passive?

so, 11.5 more days. Hmm… Her birthday is in 6 weeks? And Wells shows up in 3? Or, 5 weeks and 2 weeks, respectively? Actually… Hmm…
Yes, in other words, she's caving.

Bad skirt. That’s why she needs to switch to mid-thigh ones.
Bad S1 wardrobe.

Ooooh! She’s trying to lure him into her bed by moaning. Sneaky!
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Lois! Does she have no modesty? Lex will be so pleased when he reviews the tapes.
Will he pause long enough to notice, or just think she's asleep the whole time? And Clark fell onto the bed by himself?

Very small. Lex would consider it a defeat, actually.
Well, good thing that Lex doesn't know about it, then. Oh, right. Never mind. Probably best for Clark's safety that it was a defeat though.

He’s probably already scared stiff.
He's asleep, and not scared at all.

Aaaahhh... I should have known.
Lois being shot in my outline. Clark taking such good care of her and Lois playing with Clark, inspired by Sue., among other things not yet shown. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
You continue to tease us Virginia!
Who me? Tease? evil

Lois rejects Clark's kiss at the last moment.
Actually, she DOES kiss him, but then stops it before it went very far.

Then we get her recollection of her time with Clark in the ER. Has she figured out Clark is Superman? Or will she put it down to the drugs?
Was it a dream? Was it a memory? Was it the drugs? Was it her subconscious trying to hit her over the head with a clue? Was it a little of all of those things? Was it an evil writer just out having fun? laugh

Thanks for the comments, Joan!

VirginiaR.
---
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
laugh I find it funny that everyone (you and Betas) thinks is strange. I say this all the time. And, no, my Clarks never swear... well, REALLY swear -- they do swear more than S:Chris but, well, I couldn't have him going around saying "Golly" all the time or this Lois would slug him. Lois on the other hand.... She swears, but she does it off page. laugh
Well, it is in character but it doesn't mean that it's any less funny. My friends and I did use that from time to time but it was generally fairly rare (and most of the time we all found it funny.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Was it a dream? Was it a memory? Was it the drugs? Was it her subconscious trying to hit her over the head with a clue? Was it a little of all of those things? Was it an evil writer just out having fun? laugh
I swear you have too much fun tormenting us. wink

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I swear you have too much fun tormenting us. wink

Joan
[Linked Image] rotflol [Linked Image] rotflol [Linked Image] rotflol [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
X
Blogger
Blogger
X
“Oh!” Lois gasped, her hand pressing on the back of his head, her mouth opening for him.

Clark could feel the electric current running through them, pulling them closer, joining them. He wondered if she could feel it as well, when she moaned. It wasn’t a groan from pain, or discomfort. It was certainly a moan of longing and yearning, of acceptance. Her legs relaxed and separated, allowing him on his knees to slip between them.
hyper
“No, Clark,” Lois murmured against his lips. “I can’t. Don’t.”
frown
She loved Superman but desired Clark. He could work with that. “Oh, Lois,” Clark said, moving closer and resting his head against hers again. “You wouldn’t be cheating on him…”
Gasp. Is he going to tell her!?
He realized that he had done this all wrong. Clark couldn’t tell Lois that Superman didn’t exist anymore because she had gotten hurt, and he couldn’t tell Lois that he had been Superman, not like this. He couldn’t tell her during a conversation about cheating or moving on, not tonight, the night she had been shot. There had to be a better way. “No, Lois. You’re right. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have pushed you.” He stood up. “I’m sorry, Lois. I’ll leave.”
Of course he’s not xD
“Can’t we just be friends?” Lois continued.

Friends with benefits?
hyper Yay! He admitted it! Why do I have the feeling he’s going to backtrack and mess it up…
Clark gulped and blushed. “He loves you, Lois. He… him.”
You’re killing me, Clark!
“You know, Lois, I do a great impersonation,” Clark jumped in. “You should really hear it.”
shock Say what!?
Her giggles continued, because she knew. Even if she couldn’t have Superman, she could have Clark. Clark loved her and treasured her and best of all, Clark would kiss her any damn well time she wanted him to.
laugh
“Some bedside manner you got there, doc.”
Only the best for Lois.
He was in her dreams, and it meant nothing, right? It just meant that she was horny for a man, a super man, who wouldn’t give her the time of day, so she was fantasizing about one who would. Fantasizing that Clark was impersonating Superman so as to be able to kiss her. How crazy was that?
Pretty crazy
Lois moaned. This time it was just a fraction of decibel louder than last time. She cracked her eyes in time to see Clark shift his position in his sleep, as if reacting to her moan. She waited another minute and moaned again. This time, she heard a similar moan escape his lips. Well, at least, she had given Clark a happy dream as opposed to a Lois-got-shot dream.

She waited another minute and then half-whispered, half-moaned his name. “Clark…”

“Mmmmm,” he responded, and she watched as he shifted his position in the chair again. She loved playing him like her own little marionette.
Oh, Lex is going to love this!
She felt the mattress dip under his weight and chanced another glimpse. Clark hadn’t laid down next to her, instead he stretched his hands out on the bed and then rested his head on his hands. His butt was still firmly planted in the dining room chair. Oh, well, it was a small victory at least.
So close!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sweet!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
X Phile: Look at all those smilies. smile1 Glad to entertain you. dance

Gasp. Is he going to tell her!?
Clark?

CLARK: Yes. <<dramatic pause>> Someday.

Of course he’s not
CLARK: <<stomps foot>> Yes, I will! I promise. I'll tell her... um... Tuesday's not good... let's see... soon, really, really, soon... This year! Probably. I'm just a little nervous about it because the last time I ALMOST told her it turned out it wasn't me she liked but that crazy flying guy in tights. Okay, I guess technially, that's me too. But it really wouldn't be fair to tell Lois that I'm Superman, or was him until she's all the way healed and can embrace me with all the love and support... Why are you laughing? You don't think she'll be happy about this announcement? Really? But she loves Superman and she wants me, so totally win-win for her, right? Okay, you're shaking your head now. That's not a good sign. You're making me nervous. Maybe I should just sleep on this. I haven't been sleeping well lately, you know. First Lois interrupted my sleep twice the other night when Allie died, not that I'm complaining because I'm not, and then she wanted me to hold her so she could sleep. Like I could sleep while doing that. Yeah, right! And now that Lex shot her, I doubt I'll ever sleep again. What was your question?

Way to keep it PG Clark
So, I'm like the only person left who still says this? Hmmmm. Golly, how embarrassing.

Yay! He admitted it! Why do I have the feeling he’s going to backtrack and mess it up…
/Psst. Large blocks of italics indicate dream/

You’re killing me, Clark!
Don't worry, he'll stick his foot back in there. It really does taste good.

Say what!?
Hee-hee.

Only the best for Lois.
LEX: I'm the best! So, that means I'm for Lois.

CLARK: You've got to be kidding, right?

DAN: Hey, I look good in a Hawaiian shirt.

PATRICK: I have a Irish accent. That makes me the best.

CLARK: I can't believe you guys. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

LOIS: I choose Superman.

LEX: :rolleyes:

PATRICK & DAN: Oh, man. How are we supposed to compete against that guy?!

Oh, Lex is going to love this!
LEX: Hey, they didn't have sex. dance Maybe I still have a chance!

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Laurach:
Sweet!
Thank you. smile1

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sorry, about the delay, I figured I should send the next Part to Beta before answering my FDK (and my kids insisted on breakfast).
clap

What do you mean? - ? I most certainly will not! Correct that image in Michael's head right now! Thank you very much!
EW2EW: Did you ever tell Lois that she’s particularly cute when she’s mad?

Oh, yes, before the whole soldering incident.
clap Could we just lock those two away in a secluded cabin in the woods for a weekend?

Why does Clark need to be rejuiced?
/whispers/ UV light blinds him, IR light restores his vision. /points at The Eyes Have It/

Nurses, very helpful, figured she wouldn't want to leave hospital sans bottoms.
Clark wouldn’t have minded.

LOIS: If it unfastened in the front, don't you think I'd be able to reach it?
clap

Do you really think Lucy considered it fun?
Lex would.

No, the official haircut doesn't appear until later.
clap

LOIS: Clark? Clark! Why do you need to jump in the shower to get a washcloth?
laugh I don’t think she’ll want to use that washcloth later on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard