Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Thank you Wendy for that beautiful story.

You even mentioned me, even though I'm very new here, and didn't give too much feedback so far. blush

I also learned to really appreciate feedback, since I posted my first story last week and got some myself. That really helps a lot and gives hints and ideas for future stories.

Thanks again

Julia thumbsup

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy, awwwww this was soooooo nice of you. blush

I was a long time reader until I realized how unfair I was being to all you amazing writers. thumbsup I absolutely rotflol at the reference to Jose/Cristina and the torture of Tank at Lois's hair length!!!! Perfect

S (who thinks the folc's on these boards are a terrific group!!! laugh )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
FANTASTIC - WONDERFUL - and soooooooooo SWEET!! jump

What a great idea! And as always, wonderfully written!! And thanks for the cameo! wink

Pelican smile

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very clever how you made it seem realistic, with fanfic appearing to be newspaper articles and fdk appearing as fan letters.

Thanks for the cameo!

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Merriwether
Merriwether
I got a cameo! thumbsup Nice tie-ins between the two "realities." wink

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
LOL!
You're welcome for the fdk and thank you for the fic. clap clap clap

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy,

Aww! What a neat idea! And what a nice Christmas gift to those of us who love to read great stories! hyper I loved reading Lois & Clark's comments about the various folcs made me smile. And rotflol about Tank.

Jana in Washington State, Liz and Wanda in New Jersey, Sherry and Joy and Laurie in New York, Jen in Florida - and another Jen in Ohio, Barb in Michigan, Linda in North Carolina, Blayne in Indiana, Malu from Texas. Breanna from... somewhere.
shock Oh, thank you! I certainly didn't expect a mention here!! I'm so happy to have one though! laugh I also thought it was cute the way you were sure to put not just Washington, but Washington state. <g> Just like I do. Can't have Lois thinking I'm in D.C.

Speaking as a reader, I appreciate so much the many talented writers who give us their time and their wonderfully diverse fics. FDK is so much fun because of the talent level here. And as a writer, well, I appreciate each and every person who takes the time to read the many fics here and post FDK. Writing is so much more when you have someone to comment on it!

Wendy, thanks for the lovely Christmas gift and for the unexpected but appreciated cameo. What a nice break from studying!

Jana (who is amazed at how many folcs Wendy managed to include)

"Don't you people have lives?!?" ~Joe on Wings

"An eternal, burning flame. Hope lives on and love remains." ~from Love Remains, by Collin Raye
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wendy, what a great story. I'm behind on my feedback, as you know, which is rather embarrassing for me to announce on a story where you are thanking those who give feedback...

I really like your emphasis that Clark would feel particularly honored to be complimented for his news articles, since that is a skill he had to work on, as opposed to something that he was born with.

The mentions of all the feedback-givers were great. Of course Tank's appearance was particularly memorable (although I'm not sure what he meant in his feedback when I was still a writer - does he think he's retired again?). And you worked in Lois' shoulder-length hair very nicely too. smile Poor Tank...

And then I came to this...
And then there’s KathyM - she’s from California too, and she writes these terrifically long and thoughtful letters of feedback.
Wow. blush Yep, that's me, why use 2 words when 50 will do just as well? smile1

Thanks, Wendy. It is totally my pleasure to offer whatever thoughts and words of praise that I can to so many of you wonderful authors whose stories provide me with so many hours of enjoyable reading time. And as Karen said at the top of the thread,
feedback is a labour of love for us, too. You keep writing, we'll keep responding!
Absolutely!

Kathy goofy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW, what a wonderful gesture! smile1 I love my cameo.

Thank you for sharing your incredible talents with us. It's always a pleasure to give feedback to the wonderful authors here. clap I'd like to have the time to make it more detailed. I have had many hours of enjoyable reading here and hopefully many more to come. smile

Thanks for sharing this fantastic story. It's a lovely Christmas present. jump

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey Wendy!

I was thrilled to find me in your fic. Thanks a lot!It's a great story (though now I'm feeling guilty for not leaving more fdk)And this time, I'm ceratinly better off than in my first cameo laugh

By the way, I have to admit soemthing... You were right; there IS something between Jose and I... A story :p (or at least there will be, as soon as my schedule and I start getting along)

Cris (still wondering however she became part of folcdom gossip dizzy )

Cris
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wendy,
this was wonderful

As a reader I appreciate your story for us.

And as always I appreciate all the writers.
You've given me many hours of reading enjoyment
merry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I've been intending to come back and respond to all your kind, wonderful comments for several days now. But then each time I'd see that more people had posted, so I thought I'd leave it just a bit longer, just in case... and now I have so many comments that I'm amazed! goofy </i>

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your cameos and even laughed at my little jokes. José, Cris, sorry for teasing you just a little - Cris, don't worry, José denied everything! wink

The serious point, however, is writers' gratitude to all of you who send us feedback, by whatever route. We can't always find the words to express what it means to us, and sometimes it may take us too long to say it. But, as Lois says in the story, you make everything we do worthwhile.

Thank you all. And, whatever festival you celebrate in the coming weeks, I wish you peace, happiness and a darned good rest! wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard