Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

How do you like them potatoes? evil

[Linked Image] Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/27/14 01:41 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Are you all right?” he asked, panic in his eyes only for her.
“No, Doofus. I’ve been *shot*!”

Lois looked down at Menken and saw blood splatter across his grey jacket. Menken wasn’t looking at her, but at Superman.
Is he scared? Or is he shot, too?

Had Menken fallen into a puddle? His pants were all wet.
Hmm… [Linked Image]

She went to raise her arm to point at Menken and tell Superman that he had been shot, but her arm felt stiff as if she had worked out too hard.
Yeah, what about that?
She shifted her eyes to see why it ached and saw that some of Menken’s blood had stained her brown coat.
She got shot in the arm! I’m actually somewhat relieved.

As soon as her hand touched her bicep, a dull pain radiated throughout her arm. “Ow!” she yelped,
Oops/

She wondered why her arm stung from Menken’s blood.
It’s poisonous.

Superman gulped, and appeared to be trying not to breathe.
[Linked Image]

Lois glanced down at Menken. No wonder Superman was holding his breath; Menken and the rest of the trash smelled to high heaven.
I don’t think it’s the trash that’s smelling. There’s even a graemlin for that on the site, but I don’t really want to link it here.

“It’s a through and through shot, Lois,” Superman told her. “The bullet missed the bone and your artery, but…”
So, Menken could be hit, too? And had a reflexive bowl movement before he went to visit [Linked Image]

She spun around and focused her intense gaze on Lex. “You shot me?”
clap

“What?! No, Lois!” Lex tried to correct her. “I shot Menken. I saved you.”
Umm… Mr. Luthor, sir?

“I wasn’t in any danger until you shot me!” Lois repeated.
He’d better think of something quickly, otherwise his dating days might be over. Well, dating Lois, at least.

“If you hadn’t moved...” Lex said.
Aaaamm…

“So, it’s my fault that you shot me?”
See?

“I… I …” sputtered Lex at a loss for words, which was quite unusual for him. He glanced between Lois’s arm and Superman.
clap Does he realize that Superman is physically able to hurt him?

Lex glanced down at his gun and, tossing it on the ground,
“What gun? *I* didn’t have a gun. Ugh-Uh. I was just trying to distract the bad guy. Uh-huh.”

A moment later Superman had pinned him against a brick wall, his arm under Lex’s jaw. “Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t pulverize you?” he demanded.
laugh

Lois knew that if she let this go on, Superman would hurt Lex, or worse.
Actually, if he disintegrated Luthor and has Max fall off a roof after chasing him, only Superman and Lois would have to know. [Linked Image]

She set her left hand on Superman’s arm and said, “Because you’re better than that.”
Aaargh, that old bit…

“I…” Lex said, rasping, as he picked himself up and dusted off his suit. “I should have you arrested for that.”
[Linked Image]
Possession of a concealed weapon. Hazardous discharge of a weapon. Willful endangerment of the public. Negligence. Indecency in public (aka relieving his B&B). Do I need to go on?

“You shot Lois. I’d keep my mouth shut if I were you,”
The real problem is, that now Lex knows for a fact just how much Lois means to Superman. It would have been much better had Superman landed, calmly inspected the scene, uttered a “You’ve been hurt, Ms. Lane. I should call an ambulance.” And to Lex: “Thank you, Mr. Luthor, for trying to apprehend a criminal. May I suggest you leave it to the vigilantes the next time?” And then pulled out a cellphone to call said ambulance before flying off with Max Menken.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Why was she dating him again?
[Linked Image]

That game obviously wasn’t working and was unfair to Lex.
That last bit is the least of what she should worry about.

Of course, if she stopped dating him now she would seem petty for blaming him for shooting her. Ugh. Well, he did shoot her.
Oh, Lois…

Where was he?
At the police station, filing a report. Also, I keep worrying she might pick up the gun and either fall down and not able to get up or shoot herself, again.

Well, he had finally made Lois want to have nothing to do with Superman.
[Linked Image] Can we just send these two to therapy already?

It only took her being shot and him being late by three seconds.
Five. But who’s counting.

It was his idea to use Ms. Lane as leverage against her father.”
In here, too? [Linked Image]

He’s trying to throw guilt off himself by blaming the man who almost shot him.”

Yes, the ocean was looking more and more tempting.
hyper

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Luthor stepped away from the indignity of being carried by Superman like a sack of potatoes and straightened his suit.
hyper

My gun discharged accidentally...”
uh-huh.

Only Lois didn’t want Superman to take her to the hospital. She wanted Clark, and Clark couldn’t super speed anyone, anywhere.
clap

“Lois!” he called again, approaching her. She didn’t move. He knew she should be able to hear him, so he guessed she was going into shock.
Oh bugger.

but it was evidence, evidence against Luthor.
/nods/

He should have dropped Luthor into the Pacific.
[Linked Image]
Atlantic. Pacific is too far away. Would have had to leave Lois alone for a much longer time.

“You could’ve been shot,” Lois said, her voice hoarse.
It wouldn’t have been the first time.

“A bullet train?” he suggested, and then bit his tongue. That had been in poor taste.
clap

He could hear Tommy Garrison’s magnified voice echoing through the air as the boxer continued to call to him. “Superman! Suuuuuppp-eeeer-man!” Garrison scoffed.
Can *somebody* just finally pull his plug?

They only relented when Lois said that if they wanted to take her to the hospital, Clark was coming too.
So, how will he get around the next-of-kin hurdle? And will Lucy take as good care of her sister as she did of her new boyfriend?

Frankly, at this moment, she felt like being pampered, loved, and held. Superman couldn’t do that, not in public anyway. Lois knew that was a job for Clark Kent.
Awwwww… But if she’s not careful, she’ll give Clark a major dizzy spell when she drops him again once she’s healed up enough to go to work. So, in ten hours or so?

Guilt washed over her for using Clark in this manner. He deserved so much more, especially from a woman who would never love him like he loved her.
Clark doesn’t mind being used. He would vote for even more using, though.

ignored you, and avoided you, and, yet, here you are, still here, still wanting to be with me. Why?”
Glutton for punishment?

“Glutton for punishment, I guess,” Clark answered with a shrug.
clap Too bad that the double meaning will be lost on her.

“I’m not the best; well, okay, I am the best, but not for you.” She was a perfect fit for Superman, not Clark.
clap

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Me too,” she admitted wryly.
laugh

Lois’s eyes widened with panic. God forbid he call her mother.
But she’s a nurse. And her father’s a surgeon. They could come rushing in and patch her up in no time. She’d be hunky-dory when they transfer her to the asylum.

“I guess you should call Lucy, so she’ll know when I don’t come home.
“Lucy? It’s Clark. Kent. Yes, the ‘hunk’. No. Yes. Lois is staying with me tonight. No, she has only lost a little bit of blood after being punctured by- What do you mean ‘finally’ and ‘that’s great’? Lucy? Lucy, why are you giggling. That’s *not* fu- Lucy? ‘Have fun’? Lucy, did you just hang up? Lucy?”

If Lois didn’t come home, Lucy’s first thought would be that she was at Clark’s.
[Linked Image]

I can’t write this. I’m too biased,”
/imagines headline/ “Lex Luthor questioned after attempted shooting of Lois Lane” And the blub “Ms. Lane, after having been shot in cold blood by Lex Luthor using his own weapon, has been hospitalized and is currently recovering from her injuries. Lex Luthor is being questioned by police inspector Henderson, who declined comment on the subject at this time.”

His eyes hardened. “It was Lex Luthor’s fault.”
See, he’s learning!

“I can’t believe you!” Clark said, letting go of her to stand up. “He shot you and you’re still letting him off the hook. What is it going to take, Lois, for you to see the guy as he really is?”
wave Michael

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Great twist on the original. Love to see Lex's true colors showing through.

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well it makes more sense then the way it happened in the series but still...You had Lois shot! More soon!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi Virginia,

I agree with Laura. Lois wanting to defend herself and fighting against Menken, it makes more sense than the original plot.

And I love the twist : Lex shooting Lois! No more dates now! At least, I hope so...
Just tell me that she's not too seriously wounded.But I'm sure she appreciates Clark staying with her.

And Lex
carried by Superman like a sack of potatoes
I love that. wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Lois turned and karate chopped Menken’s gun hand, just as an explosion ripped through the alley, echoing off the brick walls. A sharp, burning sensation penetrated her body, causing her to gasp and bump against Menken, who was caught off guard and stumbled backwards towards a pile trash.
I like that in this Version Lois' residual memories are subconsciously goading her to action.

Did she aggravate her Roller Derby elbow? She shifted her eyes to see why it ached and saw that some of Menken’s blood had stained her brown coat.
Roller Derby Elbow??? Is there some backstory here that you're not telling? Denial is a river in Egypt, dear Lois.

“Great,” she grumbled, lifting her left hand to try to brush it away. As soon as her hand touched her bicep, a dull pain radiated throughout her arm. “Ow!” she yelped, more from surprise than anything and probably louder than she should have. She wondered why her arm stung from Menken’s blood.
Now that I think on it though, I suppose she's in shock.

“It’s a through and through shot, Lois,” Superman told her. “The bullet missed the bone and your artery, but…” He closed his eyes. “We need to get you to the hospital.”

She spun around and focused her intense gaze on Lex. “You shot me?”
Ooooooh boy. Things most certainly are NOT going well for Lex.

A moment later Superman had pinned him against a brick wall, his arm under Lex’s jaw. “Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t pulverize you?” he demanded.

Lex gasped for air, trying to speak. “Accident,” was the only word he could get out.

Lois knew that if she let this go on, Superman would hurt Lex, or worse. She set her left hand on Superman’s arm and said, “Because you’re better than that.”
I love this. Lois has always been a good reminder to Clark/Superman of what he stands for. I almost want to call her defender of Superman's Principles.

The Man of Steel disappeared from one side of her and reappeared less than a second later on her other side. He set a boot onto Menken’s back, as the man tried to crawl away unnoticed, knocking him flat on the ground. “I’ll take you to the hospital, Lois,” he said as if their conversation hadn’t been interrupted and dismissing Lex’s suggestion out of hand. He shook his head. “Why are we even discussing this?”

“Because you know you can’t leave Menken under the watchful eyes of John Wayne over there,” Lois said, letting go of her arm to gesture to Lex with her left hand, only to have the pain double when she let go. She immediately returned her hand to her damaged arm. It really wasn’t that bad as long as she kept it still.
Ah yes, the itchy trigger finger.

“You aren’t leaving me alone in this alley with that double crossing louse!” Menken insisted, lifting his head from the pavement. “He’s trying to kill me!”
And the truth is beginning to trickle free! Let's hope either Lois or Clark picked up on that.

She took a couple of steps down the alley and stopped. She took a wavering breath, letting a groan escape, more from the annoyance of being shot than the pain. Actually, she was surprised it didn’t hurt worse.
Artery or no, a through and through still loses a lot of blood if not promptly cared for. I suspect Lois is going to find herself fainting and Clark finding this a little too close for comfort. Shock is not a pretty thing.

Lois had seen that Superman was teetering on the edge already. If Clark was right, and Superman had believed that he was partially to blame for Allie’s death, who only knew what he was thinking now? The woman he loved had been shot, been shot by Lex Luthor. Maybe it hadn’t been the best idea to allow him to fly off with Lex.
He probably needed reassurances that everything would be ok and this situation doesn't lend itself to that.

Though he had apologized – Lex had apologized, hadn’t he? – he hadn’t seemed all that sorry by what he had done. He seemed more concerned by the appearance of doing the right thing as opposed to actually doing the right thing. At one point, she had thought Lex had been more concerned that he wouldn’t get blamed for shooting her than he was for actually shooting her.
Ah, picking up on those things, are we now? Hope it leads to some serious questioning on her part.

She shook her head. No, that couldn’t be right. He was probably just in shock. He couldn’t really be that cold, could he?
wallbash

Superman may have been moving up into the sky, but Clark’s eyes stayed focused on Lois, standing alone in the alley by herself, in pain, bleeding.
*does double-take* "but Clark's eyes stayed focused on Lois" was this a slip on her part or yours?

Oh wait, this is Clark's POV. Nevermind, carryon!

Superman shook his hand with a thankful nod. With a fist into the air, he disappeared into the darkness. He landed in an abandoned portion of the alley between the two crime scenes, spun into his Clark clothes, and jogged towards where Superman had left Lois.
I know this would undermine Lois' interest in Clark but time is of the essence. Unless you're going to hint at the fact you and Superman are the same I wouldn't recommend staying "Clark" for long, Clark.

“I want to step on it and smash it. I want to kick it into the next state, Clark. I want to pick it up and throw it at someone,” Lois growled. “But I can’t. I can’t. Clark?” The last was spoken in realization that it was him standing next to her. “You’re here. You’ve come. I didn’t think you’d come.” Tears ran down her face as she leaned against him. “It’s starting to hurt, Clark. It burns. Help me.”
I can almost see the pain in Clark's face over this.

Clark couldn’t believe she cared anymore what Superman thought or felt, and his love for her doubled again only to be sandwiched by his guilt.
Putting Superman's feelings above her own needs. Sweet. Probably not very wise, but sweet.

“I bet he’s feeling like I do, like he wished that he had been shot instead of you,” he said, silently adding, With a Kryptonite bullet. Or better yet, that Menken and Luthor had shot each other.

Lois grimaced. “Don’t make me laugh.”

Laugh?

“Bullets can’t hurt him,” she murmured.
Not physically of course physical pain rarely hurts Clark/Superman. Now emotional pain... that can be the hardest hurt of all for him.

They were as alone as they would ever be here. Lois watched as Clark put a reassuring smile on his face, trying to make her feel better, but she could see something in his eyes, fear maybe, that they were even here at all. With Superman she felt like she needed to act strong. Around Clark, she felt safe enough to let go of the façade of Lois Lane, strong no-nonsense career woman, and just be herself.
I don't know why but that kinda feels like the reverse of canon... but then again things like "Witness" make that a tenuous statement.

“Nope. That’s not it,” she corrected him with a shake of her head. “I’m not the best; well, okay, I am the best, but not for you.” She was a perfect fit for Superman, not Clark.

A wistful smile graced his lips. “Then the next best woman for me.”

“What happened to number one?” Lois asked.

He shrugged. “She ran off and married some other guy.”
Wait... what? Oh right, Canon-Lois. I know it had to have hurt but he knew her all of what... a couple of weeks, a month total? That's a hard fall if he fell for her the same way Canon-Clark did.

He glanced away. Lois was afraid that she had said the wrong thing, but then he returned his gaze to hers and she briefly saw laughter in them.

Her brow furrowed in confusion. “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. Otherwise I wouldn’t have come here and met you,” Clark said, caressing her cheek.

“So, I caught you on the rebound. Great,” she mumbled. She knew she shouldn’t be leading him on, but it felt good to laugh and tease him so. Sometimes, it felt like all she and Superman did was argue. She knew it would be bliss once he let her behind that stone wall of his, but until then she would keep cracking away at it one chip at a time.
Probably thinking, If she knew that she WAS the woman who married someone else... Of course even a "rebound" can be for life. You just have to work at it. And boy does Clark have to work on Lois (no matter the version.)

“Distract me,” Lois whispered, trying to push her anger away. She could feel his warm breath on her cheek, and if he kissed her at this moment, she wouldn’t have the power to resist.

Clark moved so that his cheek brushed against hers. She could feel his lips moving across her face. “Any ideas?”
So close. So very close. I guess her blood loss is making her want more than usual (or at least her inhibitions are lower.)

Lois’s heart skipped a beat and her breath hitched. She wanted him. She wanted him to kiss her. She wanted his lips to go up her neck, to kiss along her jaw line, to touch hers. She wanted him to tug on her lips with his and to feel the tingle of his tongue gliding across her teeth. She could feel her heart racing and her breath go ragged in anticipation. She was getting dizzy from want. “I want…”

No! She couldn’t do that to Superman.
*growls* Quit doing that, Lois!!

“It happened a long time ago,” Clark murmured as if he had described the events as such many times before, but she could tell that wasn’t how he really felt.

Lois reached up and caressed his cheek, turning his face back to hers. “It will never be a long time ago, Clark.”

His bottom lip started to tremble and he nodded. “I miss them so much.”

“Them?”

“My folks were together when…” His eyes closed from the agony of the thought. “I can remember the fire, and the smell…” He covered up his mouth and nose as if trying to forget. “It was sweet and smoky like burning sugar…”

A tear dislodged from Lois’s eye dripped down her cheek. She reached over and awkwardly wrapped her left arm around his neck pulling his face towards hers.
Is she realizing what the burnt sugar means? Probably not in her state.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: At first I thought this was another 4-Part FDK! clap True.

Naughty Virginia!
What?! <<bats eyelashes innocently>> You just hate it when I slip in canon dialogue, don't you? clap

Maybe they should go and find a private room and see if he actually fits before she discounts it out of hand?
She's trying! Oh, you mean Clark. Nevermind.

Ouch. And hey! Did he just diss Lois for canon Lois?
He was making a joke, since he figures Lois will never know about the other Lois. He'll always have a soft spot in his heart for canon Lois.

But she’s a nurse. And her father’s a surgeon. They could come rushing in and patch her up in no time. She’d be hunky-dory when they transfer her to the asylum.
Her father's in hiding, so they can't contact him. Her mom's a pain, so recovery wouldn't be faster than with Clark as her nurse.

“Lucy? It’s Clark. Kent. Yes, the ‘hunk’. No. Yes. Lois is staying with me tonight. No, she has only lost a little bit of blood after being punctured by- What do you mean ‘finally’ and ‘that’s great’? Lucy? Lucy, why are you giggling. That’s *not* fu- Lucy? ‘Have fun’? Lucy, did you just hang up? Lucy?”
clap

/imagines headline/ “Lex Luthor questioned after attempted shooting of Lois Lane” And the blub “Ms. Lane, after having been shot in cold blood by Lex Luthor using his own weapon, has been hospitalized and is currently recovering from her injuries. Lex Luthor is being questioned by police inspector Henderson, who declined comment on the subject at this time.”
Okay, it wouldn't be *that* hard to write.

See, he’s learning!
95% Lex's fault. 4% Superman's. 1% Clarks'.

And we’ve had made such fine progress…
The night's still young.

I’m not sure she’s up for that ATM.
A machine that gives you money from your bank? Do you mean PDA?

Must be the loss of blood. Say, is Kryptonian blood compatible with hers?
Well, she *was* horny for him earlier in the evening but Lex interrupted. And, been there, done that.

That’s called ‘secretary’ not ‘partner’. Although, the boss-secretary liaison is a time-honored tradition.
Which is why Clark's isn't balking.

Now she’s playing *that* card? So, what happens when Clark gets shot?
Um... bullets bounce off him?

She’s going to think *that’s* where his aversion to caramel comes from.
If they hadn't had nurse interruptus.

they won’t let him in.
He'd need to have some super skills to sneak in you're saying?

It’s over? Why is it over? Hmm? Hmm? Also, I’m sorry if the FDK went a bit long again… Was this part longer than usual?
22 pages double spaced, so yes, a bit longer than my usual 15-20 D.S. pages per part, but I didn't want to leave off without this scene at the hospital. Originally I was going to have him tell her about his folk's death in the ambulence, but then I figured too many people around.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Lex's true colors will soon be crystal clear. evil Lex winning by doing something so stupid always annoyed me. It's hard for him to keep up the facade with his carefully laid plans falling apart so.

Laura: Yeah. I'm bad. devil But it's not fatal.

Sydney: Lois not fighting (hello, karate expert supposedly) against Menken always bothered me.

And I love the twist : Lex shooting Lois! No more dates now! At least, I hope so...
But it was an accident! No, since she'll be in pain every time she moves her arm for a while, Lex is currently on the outs.

Looking forward to the next part ... and to Herb's return?
Umm... We've got a few bumps to iron out first. We're still at the beginning of August, so Herb's a good two weeks away. Let's just say my characters got a bit distracted (from the plot) during the next few parts. But he WILL show up. It has been written!

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Christina: More Long FDK! hyper Is it my half-birthday?

I like that in this Version Lois' residual memories are subconsciously goading her to action.
She was a little too damsel in distress for my tastes in canon.

Roller Derby Elbow??? Is there some backstory here that you're not telling? Denial is a river in Egypt, dear Lois.
Back in Part 26 Lois and Perry discuss some of the stories she and Clark worked on separately (since they weren't partners)...

“He (Clark) never would have been able to infiltrate the Roller Derby Girls theft ring that had stymied the feds for months,” she argued with a smile, trying and failing to picture Clark in roller derby drag. He was just too much of a man. Don’t let your mind go there, Lane. Her arm still acted up whenever she felt like giving someone a good elbow in the gut.
Now that I think on it though, I suppose she's in shock.
A little bit of shock. My medical advisors told me that if shot in a non-critical part of one's body with a small caliber gun, it's possible for a person to NOT realize they've been shot.

Ooooooh boy. Things most certainly are NOT going well for Lex.
Yes, Lex is about to have a few bad days.

I love this. Lois has always been a good reminder to Clark/Superman of what he stands for. I almost want to call her defender of Superman's Principles.
It's always good to have someone remind you that you're doing something you shouldn't. It's the sign of a true friend.

Ah yes, the itchy trigger finger.
I had to explain why Clark shouldn't just fly away with Lois leaving Lex and Menken to duke it out in the alley.

And the truth is beginning to trickle free! Let's hope either Lois or Clark picked up on that.
What people say and mean, and what others hear and believe are often two different realities.

Artery or no, a through and through still loses a lot of blood if not promptly cared for. I suspect Lois is going to find herself fainting and Clark finding this a little too close for comfort. Shock is not a pretty thing.
My medical experts told me that she'd be fine and actually in not too much pain for that first hour. It's less than 20 minutes between when she's shot and the EMTs show.

He probably needed reassurances that everything would be ok and this situation doesn't lend itself to that.
Nope. This is a life altering event for him as much as it is for her.

Ah, picking up on those things, are we now? Hope it leads to some serious questioning on her part.
Some questioning. Let's say Lex is no longer completely trustworthy in Lois's opinion.

I know this would undermine Lois' interest in Clark but time is of the essence. Unless you're going to hint at the fact you and Superman are the same I wouldn't recommend staying "Clark" for long, Clark.
She's not mortally wounded.

I can almost see the pain in Clark's face over this.
Wow. Thanks.

Putting Superman's feelings above her own needs. Sweet. Probably not very wise, but sweet.
Lois is currently not thinking straight.

Not physically of course physical pain rarely hurts Clark/Superman. Now emotional pain... that can be the hardest hurt of all for him.
Which is why the line after this (which you didn't quote) is one of my favorites. "This one did."

I don't know why but that kinda feels like the reverse of canon... but then again things like "Witness" make that a tenuous statement.
You think how canon Lois acted around Superman was her real self? dizzy She's feeling what she felt towards Clark in "Witness", earlier here.

Wait... what? Oh right, Canon-Lois. I know it had to have hurt but he knew her all of what... a couple of weeks, a month total? That's a hard fall if he fell for her the same way Canon-Clark did.
I always thought canon Lois went to alt-dimension for only a few days in "Tempus, Anyone?" and then he pined for her for almost 9 months before heading over to help her out with John Doe (for a week or two).

Alt-Clark fell harder, faster for canon Lois than canon Clark did, because not only did Alt-Clark FEEL the soul mate bond like canon Clark did, but from the first moment canon Lois looked at him as if he were the man she loved, plus she believed in him and accepted him from the first instant and he hadn't had that in 20 years.

Probably thinking, If she knew that she WAS the woman who married someone else... Of course even a "rebound" can be for life. You just have to work at it. And boy does Clark have to work on Lois (no matter the version.)
He doesn't know that she's an exact copy of the woman he fell in love with (the woman who made him Superman). Anyway, she promised Ghost Clark she wouldn't fall too easily for Wrong Clark. wink

So close. So very close. I guess her blood loss is making her want more than usual (or at least her inhibitions are lower.)
Well, she desired him before Lex showed up (in Part 30) and she has just been shot, so that can kind of change the way one looks at life in the short term.

*growls* Quit doing that, Lois!!
evil

Is she realizing what the burnt sugar means? Probably not in her state.
She probably would have but they got interrupted.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
At first I thought this was another 4-Part FDK! [Thud] Then, I realized you accidently double posted.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I had thought it was! 9 pages in Word and I knew I did 4 posting. Of course, then I freaked, and worried that I had accidently misposted and lost a quarter of my FDK. On careful examination it looks like I only had the first post re-posted in the second post with more staff at the bottom. So, it’s fixed now and I think I didn’t lose anything. /takes calming breaths/ I really need to find the umph to pm Labby about just removing the 15 graemlin restriction. And the wait-a-minute-after-posting one. Of course, this would result in verrrrry looooong single-part FDKs
It looked complete to me. laugh

It still counts as an epic, even if it’s just 2.5 looooooong parts.
Actually, it was one normal length part, one LONG part, and one short part... which averages out to 3 parts, and not at all EPIC (unless my name is Lynn -- just teasing, Lynn).

Especially when shock comes in.
Yes, the shock is most certainly there even before the realization is. The few times I've hurt my hands (kitchen accidents mostly) I was like, "Wow, look at all that blood. Wonder where that came from?"

wouldn’t that be more in the neck?
clap

That would be dishonest.
Hey! Superman's the honest one, not Clark.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
quote: wouldn’t that be more in the neck?

[Dizzy] Lex is a vampire? Have I missed a new installment of Nan's The Vampire Murders? Gee, that would explain a lot.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooh! I just realized. Part 32 is only 9-10 hours away. And since I'm on vacation, I'll get to wake up to a shiny new part instead of having to wait till the commute home to enjoy the evil goodness.

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Oooh! I just realized. Part 32 is only 9-10 hours away. And since I'm on vacation, I'll get to wake up to a shiny new part instead of having to wait till the commute home to enjoy the evil goodness.
Thanks for reminding me to prep this. I was busy writing and answering FDK. I should get to 32, shouldn't I? laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper

wave Michael, who can now go to sleep, satisfied that it was a good day's work (well, vacation)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Finally, Michael's asleep and I can sneak in and answer this final FDK, catching me up. <<Bwaahahahaha>> Hmmmm. I finished prepping 32. I wonder if I should issue a Lex being Lex warning? Nah.

And I was just saying that draft from an air condition, wouldn’t that give you neck pain instead of arm pain?
[Linked Image] Oh, that kind of neck pain.

Explains the erratic behavior?
A bit.

/nods/ Certain Lexes did make me consider just how and how long Superman could torture him without actually killing him.
Well, hopefully, I've suitably distracted Clark from going after Lex. [Linked Image]

It thought it’s frequently called mental-health-time?
Depends on where ones brain is located.

She might have taken issue with that and given her powers…?
Yep. Martians beware.

If he doesn’t tell Superman that that’s Lois’s blood, Superman won’t know and thus not hurt.
This would have to be a Superman dosed with Green K so he couldn't smell it coming from a mile away.

/pst/ Your Obi Wan needs a beard.
[Linked Image]Ewan McGregor didn't have one.

/Allows Lex to do the honors/
Better him than you.

Oops? And here he thought it only applied to real and perceived slights inflicted upon her.
Well, at least, he has the rest of his life to (try and ) make it up to her.

Then why does Clark refrain from cheating at poker after Lois tells the crowd that Superman never would?
Because it's early enough in S1 that he doesn't realize just how separate and different Superman and CK can be.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Finally, Michael's asleep and I can sneak in and answer this final FDK, catching me up. <<Bwaahahahaha>>
wave Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard