Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
To make up for my two short ones, apparently my muse decided I had to write a longer one.

Thoughts? smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Columnist
Columnist
What a smart muse!

Poor Clark. Everyone always wants to kill him. <3 Can't wait to see how this plays out!

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
shock I was worried when Lex started talking about the fireworks at the beginning... and yep, he was still evil!

What's going to happen to poor Clark? Kryptonite poisoning? Drowning? Metropolis polluted with K-dust that Superman will have to move out of town? What's Lois going to do when she discovers that Clark is nowhere to be found?

You can't leave us here! <<bites fingernails>> At least, let us know your posting schedule.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Ooh! You've got me hooked. I like that Lois and Clark just decided to start dating (YAY!) and the climictic ending. Can't wait to find out what Lois thinks in the next chapter when Clark stands her up at Antonio's...

(Also, liked the subtle jabs at Luthor throughout this. Makes you realize how much simpler life would be for Lois and Clark if Lex were simply not a factor in it. laugh Of course, I still love Lex, so I guess he's a necessary evil at this point.)

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yummy! You had me at the first line! As per usual I don't have time to read this right now. clap

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
What a smart muse!

Poor Clark. Everyone always wants to kill him. <3 Can't wait to see how this plays out!
wave Hi, MrsLuthor!

Yup. Poor guy. That bright red cape of his makes him an excellent target, doesn't it? evil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by VirginiaR:
<strong> evil

I'll probably post every other day or so, depending on how quickly I can get the rest polished and prepped for the boards, plus some personal stuff going one, *especially* this week.

Yup, Lex is always, always, always evil. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
Ooh! You've got me hooked. I like that Lois and Clark just decided to start dating (YAY!) and the climictic ending. Can't wait to find out what Lois thinks in the next chapter when Clark stands her up at Antonio's...

(Also, liked the subtle jabs at Luthor throughout this. Makes you realize how much simpler life would be for Lois and Clark if Lex were simply not a factor in it. laugh Of course, I still love Lex, so I guess he's a necessary evil at this point.)
Hi Mouse! wave

YAY! Glad I could hook you in. And I'm *very* glad you like the way I ended it. I think you'll appreciate the way I ended chapter 2 as well...

Yes, Luthor really is a necessary evil. But that's okay, because life for Superman without villains would be boring and make for very short fics indeed! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Morgana:
Yummy! You had me at the first line! As per usual I don't have time to read this right now. clap
evil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
What a cliffhanger!

Poor Clark!

What did you do to him? Yes, yes, I know, it's not you, it's Lex...

One chapter and I'm already hooked!

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"Beautiful, isn't it, Asabi?" Lex Luthor asked, turning to his faithful man-servant.
Okay?

He put his back to the large window in his office that afforded him a stunning view of the bustling city of Metropolis.
Ah yes.

"One simple firework," Lex replied, smiling at the brightly colored paper of the tube.
Huh.

Lex smiled, an evil light in his eyes. "Very good, Asabi. No, it's not. It's not ordinary at all."
Oh dear. It’s filled with Kryptonite.

Make sure it's mixed in with those to be shot off during the grand finale."
wave Michael

Edit:

Yes, Luthor really is a necessary evil. But that's okay, because life for Superman without villains would be boring and make for very short fics indeed!
/points at long nfics that have no bad guys at all. Or at least, not in any story-supporting fashion but rather as seasoning/

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
What a cliffhanger!

Poor Clark!

What did you do to him? Yes, yes, I know, it's not you, it's Lex...

One chapter and I'm already hooked!

wave
rotflol Sorry, this author can't resist being evil. laugh

Poor Clark indeed! Thanks for stopping in! More soon, I promise!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh dear. It’s filled with Kryptonite.
evil

Right. Purely coincidental. But it does have a beautiful, green glow when it explodes.
Yes, quite shiny too.

Bill Church Sr. /deadpans/
laugh

Awwwww
laugh

Naughty Clark!
But, but, but...he told the truth! wink

I’ll bet.
And somehow didn't hit any red lights.

Let’s hope none of them like fish.
"Fish are friends, not food!" Although, maybe one has developed a taste for sushi?

Awww, her piranha?
Baby shark. wink

Duh!
Tempus? wink

Like Garfield!
laugh

/points at Garfield/
He stalks lasanga.

I just realized, it’s past May and Lex is still alive Is that a side-effect of his not dating Lois? Or is that all because Clark arrived in Metropolis in September instead of in May?
Dating Lois was hazardous to his health.

Ummm Oh, right. She said *little* details.
Glad someone caught that!

Okay? /starts chewing at nails/
Oooh, that's a bad habit. Of course, I don't blame you...

“No”?...See?
laugh

Dum Dum DumDum!
So is Lex. evil

Hey! That’s that’s *EVIL*!
<points to evil author membership card and jacket>

Just how big is it? Because originally, I thought, maybe the size of a soda can, tops. /goes back and rereads/ Oh, the size is not mentioned.
It's not. But I thought the big display rockets were a decent size, at least as long as a roll of paper towels.

/taps foot/
Soon. Very soon. I promise.

/points at long nfics that have no bad guys at all. Or at least, not in any story-supporting fashion but rather as seasoning/
True. Got me on that point.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And somehow didn't hit any red lights.
No, he only does that when his mind is inside Lois. [Linked Image]

"Fish are friends, not food!" Although, maybe one has developed a taste for sushi?
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No, he only does that when his mind is inside Lois.
clap

Also, quite easy to catch. And when it’s no longer easy to catch, it might not be worth the effort anyway.
rotflol

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Top Banana
Top Banana
Great start. You got my interest right from the intro.

"Sorry to intrude on sacred ground," he teased.
Lol. That was a cute line. smile

Would they ever be one of the happy couples - or, better yet, happy families - sitting in the park one day?
Awwww....

And yet, it did not fall straight down into the small lake where the fireworks were being shot from an unmanned boat. Instead, it arced over the crowd, heading for the thick of the gathered families.
Oh, right, this makes more sense. The need for a Superman rescue. I had assumed kryptonite in Lex's stick, but for some reason had envisioned the firework exploding as part of the display, then raining K down on the ground. Which, when you think about it, makes no sense, as what would make Lex think Superman would be in the picnic area watching fireworks? blush

Then he dropped like a stone, his powers utterly abandoning him.
Quite a cliff-hanger here! Please post more soon!

wave

PS - I think the setting sun's rays would have been horizontal, not vertical. No?

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great start. You got my interest right from the intro.
Excellent! evil

Lol. That was a cute line.
Thanks. It made me smile when I wrote it.

Oh, right, this makes more sense. The need for a Superman rescue. I had assumed kryptonite in Lex's stick, but for some reason had envisioned the firework exploding as part of the display, then raining K down on the ground. Which, when you think about it, makes no sense, as what would make Lex think Superman would be in the picnic area watching fireworks?
Exactly. It's all about the insurance policy. Making sure Superman gets there to be exposed. How do you do that? Create an emergency. laugh

Quite a cliff-hanger here! Please post more soon!
Thanks! Probably more tomorrow!

PS - I think the setting sun's rays would have been horizontal, not vertical. No?
Oh, right. Duh! peep Thanks for pointing that out.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
OOHH NOOO! Not the cliffhanger ending! What's going to happen next!?!?!

Please post more soon.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
OOHH NOOO! Not the cliffhanger ending! What's going to happen next!?!?!

Please post more soon.
rotflol I couldn't resist! Arguing with my muse is an excercise in futility. laugh

More is definitely coming soon!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Has it been two days yet? Is Part 2 coming tonight? hyper

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard