Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/27/14 01:43 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I get to go first! hyper

Things are progressing slowly.

I hope she doesn't succumb to Lex's charm, the rat. evil

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
This was a great line for Cat:

The sexual tension in the newsroom is so thick we’re going to need a chainsaw soon to walk to our desks.”
Don't leave us hanging too long with such an ending there!

Joan

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi Virginia,

You CAN'T stop here! You have to post the next part soon: please? pretty please?

And my favorite quote:
Clark looked so happy, he would be floating if he could.
Very funny smile

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ditto. More soon! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ken: It's a slow burn. laugh Lex? Hmmm. We'll have to see what she thinks of Lex in Part 31. evil

Joan: Glad that Cat's line worked. Sometimes I worry about going too far. Part 31 should be posted by Monday, August 13th.

Sydney: Stop there? No, no. I'm currently writing Part 44. Plus, I'll be posting the epilogue of Fireworks tomorrow (which put me behind schedule a bit with WC. Sorry. blush ) I better get back to work. [Linked Image]

Per your favorite quote, one of my own. "There are none that are so blind as will not see." Don't remember who says it, but it works for Lois.

Laura: What? Don't like my cliffy? I thought it was a good one as cliffies go. No? wink

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Dr. Sam Lane looked Clark up and down, and asked, “What exactly is your relationship with my daughter?”
Does he *really* want to know? Sure, he’s a medicus, but still, some things might best be left to the unimagined.

“Awesome,” but the younger man had been gazing at Lucy at the time. Apparently he and his cousin’s ex had hit it off. Lucy was quite the Florence Nightingale.
Right. Telling the medicus that his nurse-volunteer daughter is hitting it off with his patient might also not be good for his patience.

“Lois would have made a damn fine surgeon. Her test scores were high enough, heaven knows she’s smart enough, and she doesn’t get squeamish at a little blood,” Dr. Lane said proudly and then shook his head. “It’s a shame.”
The lack of squeamishness does come in handy and she did make a fine field surgeon for Superman, but other than that [Linked Image]

He knew he should probably be more cordial to the father of the woman he loved, but this man squandered a lifetime of getting to know his daughters to build cyborgs.
Well, he can easily father more daughters, but cyborgs, those come around once, maybe twice, umm…three times in uuuu four years?

Clark knew he would give up his super powers in an instant to get his folks back.
Maybe he could strike a deal with Tempus? Wouldn’t he love to have a powerless Superman in a dimension? Of course, the powers would have to go somewhere… /points at teal and pink suit/

“It is when it affects our story,” Clark retorted. And her happiness.
He’d have issues with Lex then, too?

Clark pulled the photos out of his pocket and tossed them on the examining table. “No offense, Dr. Lane, but we know better. Lois was at your office last night.
Oooooh!

Dr. Lane went back to packing his bag. “If she doesn’t have the guts to march with the big boys…”
Oh boy.

“You aren’t one of her flunkies, are you?
Flunkies? Does he mean ‘boyfriends’?

It was almost as if he could sense someone watching him, but his casual glance proved that he and Dr. Lane were still alone. He shrugged the feeling away and continued through the door.
Menken?

Lois exhaled her held breath. Clark hadn’t seen her and didn’t know she was there.
hyper

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
refused to take any of the credit that she had given him on her story, was as if he had kissed down her neck. It was making her hot just thinking of it.
hyper

The best sex of my life? Lois swallowed. That’s some endorsement, Cat.
Oh boy. She should have maybe said ‘out of this world’? Let’s hope Clark won’t fizzle considering his past.

“If Clark looked at me the way he looks at you, there’s no way we’d be ‘just friends’.”
clap

“Including you. I mean the man wears his heart on his sleeve.
Lois: “Huh? What? I didn’t- I mean, of course, I knew. Do you think I’m galactically stupid or something?”

It’s quite obvious. I know he’s a reporter and a co-worker and that’s against your ‘rules’.
No, it’s only against her ‘don’t cheat on Superman’ rule. It superseded all the others. Maybe she should explain *that* one to Cat. evil

But I’m telling you, you might as well cave now, because you will eventually anyway, especially under those radiant brown eyes of his.
But it’s so much more fun on her birthday, and then a repeat performance during the pheromone situation, after a period of silence.

The sexual tension in the newsroom is so thick we’re going to need a chainsaw soon to walk to our desks.”
laugh Plus, the damage when it snaps inside the newsroom.

“You… You didn’t sleep with Clark?” Lois sputtered in disbelief.
Hellloooo…!

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Oh, we’re still back there, are we?” Cat said with a shake of her head.
Duh!

We haven’t had sexual relations of any kind.
Do cigars count?

I’m still hoping he will be, especially after you dump his butt for some asinine reason like you did before.”
wave Michael

Edit: I just realized: Lois most likely got shot in the rear end. That kind of injury is perfect for comedic relieve. /hopes Clark buys Lois a donut/

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: hyper Oh, dear, that means it's time to start prepping 31 and I haven't finished my latest part to send to betas because I've been catching up on my reading. Another sleepless night at the computer for me. [Linked Image]

Does he *really* want to know? Sure, he’s a medicus, but still, some things might best be left to the unimagined.
CLARK: Here, Dr. Lane. This is the diagram that Lois drew for me, if you could just explain this to me.

SAM: It's upside down, son. Lois goes on top. [Linked Image]

The lack of squeamishness does come in handy and she did make a fine field surgeon for Superman, but other than that
Yep, feeling the parental love.

Well, he can easily father more daughters, but cyborgs, those come around once, maybe twice, umm…three times in uuuu four years?
Yeah, the closest in S3 was the one with Lex's son Jaxon.

Maybe he could strike a deal with Tempus? Wouldn’t he love to have a powerless Superman in a dimension? Of course, the powers would have to go somewhere… /points at teal and pink suit/
Michael, you know it's not smart to make a deal with the devil. He's known to change his mind at the last second to get what HE wants. (although your loophole does leave some openings for negotiation)

Flunkies? Does he mean ‘boyfriends’?
Nope. He means gofers that carry camera and stupidly step into the ring with Garrison.

Bad Clark!
clap

Bad guys. Will they never learn that you always make it sound like the other guy did it and you’re the innocent victim of their schemes, just in case there’s a wire somewhere?
Especially good to drop the bomb on the big honcho BOSS when self-incriminating oneself as well.

I’ve heard a backbone can be both helpful and a hindrance when it comes to Lois Lane.
Because she's flexible?

“Since when?” /points at theater piece from a couple of months ago/
He expected it then too. He just never got it (by Lois). And see what she got instead? A love sick super hero protecting her assets.

/drags Lois off to x-ray machine/ Let’s see about that ankle. Now!
huh </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Roller derby elbow (plus, she just elbowed Superman <<cough>> Clark.)

So, he’s going to back down now, ease slowly back into it? Which means, considering she shared her byline, that they go for a weekend in the mountains, shared bedroom, clothing optional? That *is* more space than a shared byline, isn’t it?
I think they have to be protected witnesses for that to occur, don't they? wink

So, if he keeps helping but publicly denying to Perry, she’ll jump him faster than Cat in heat?
[Linked Image]

Umm… Lois? There’s only one way she’ll stop having those fantasies about him.
Get into a committed relationship with Superman?

That’s why Cat has a scratching post.
[Linked Image]

Ooooooh! Maybe she does need to reward herself on her birthday with some guilt free booty calling her best friend.
(Her birthday is still some weeks away. Currently in early August; her birthday isn't until the end of Sept.) [Linked Image]

Telepathy?
Wonder who could be sending those thoughts into her head? [Linked Image]

And what does she mean by get rid of them. /gets baaaaad feeling about this/
angel-devil

Oh, okay. And here I thought she would call Lex for some appetite suppressing. Five minutes of kissing him should about do it.
Yes, the third degree burns she'd get after her scalding hot shower from the experience would knock those desires right out of her.

Oh boy. She should have maybe said ‘out of this world’? Let’s hope Clark won’t fizzle considering his past.
Best sex in Lois's life. It's not like he could perform worse than the others. Well, he could but it's doubtful.

Only half of them. Unfortunately, they don’t consent. So, half she doesn’t, the other half, he doesn’t. Leaving Lois with no nookie at all.
And there's where the problem is.

Oops. Ran out of smilies again.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, she’s not married, so scratch ‘Wednesday’. She’s not a newlywed, so scratch ‘that look’. Hmm…leaves the ‘itch’
Cat also uses "Monday", "Tuesday", "Thursday", and "Friday" as well.

/wonders if that will get through Lois’s preconceptions/ Hmm… Nah…
Well, Clark defended Cat to Lois, so Cat felt like it was about time she spelled it out in small words to Lois.

Lois: “Huh? What? I didn’t- I mean, of course, I knew. Do you think I’m galactically stupid or something?”
That's what it says on the bathroom wall of the men's room.

No, it’s only against her ‘don’t cheat on Superman’ rule. It superseded all the others. Maybe she should explain *that* one to Cat.
Cat, of course, is only referring to Lois's 3 rules. Don't get involved with a story, get there first, and don't sleep with a co-worker.

But it’s so much more fun on her birthday, and then a repeat performance during the pheromone situation, after a period of silence.
I'm driving you crazy, aren't I? whinging But we're moving into the section inspired by Sue's story... actually, not the plot so much as the distraction from the plot... the plot was there BEFORE I started reading Sue's story.

I just realized: Lois most likely got shot in the rear end. That kind of injury is perfect for comedic relieve. /hopes Clark buys Lois a donut/
Not the foot, not the butt. Sorry, no Forrest Gump anologies. Strike two.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, dear, that means it's time to start prepping 31
blush My FDK causes this reaction? Hmm… evil

Another sleepless night at the computer for me.
[Linked Image]

CLARK: Here, Dr. Lane. This is the diagram that Lois drew for me, if you could just explain this to me.

SAM: It's upside down, son. Lois goes on top.
laugh Boy, will Lois be surprised the next time she comes on to Superman or Clark.

Yeah, the closest in S3 was the one with Lex's son Jaxon.
Also, where do you draw the line and does it have to be a cyborg or is robot already sufficient? What if the person only has some cybernetic implants?

Michael, you know it's not smart to make a deal with the devil. He's known to change his mind at the last second to get what HE wants.
You think Tempus is smarter than Lois and FF writers combined?

(although your loophole does leave some openings for negotiation)
See?

Especially good to drop the bomb on the big honcho BOSS when self-incriminating oneself as well.
Helps keeps the prison system lean?

quote: I’ve heard a backbone can be both helpful and a hindrance when it comes to Lois Lane.

Because she's flexible?
laugh /goes hunting down Mayson Drake/

Get into a committed relationship with Superman?
Okay, two ways. Actually, scratch that. She’ll call him ‘Clark’ in the heat of passion.

[Linked Image]
Oh dear, I think I broke Virginia.

(Her birthday is still some weeks away. Currently in early August; her birthday isn't until the end of Sept.)
It’s called build-up.

Wonder who could be sending those thoughts into her head?
Indeed. Lady Ca Tt?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oops?

Yes, the third degree burns she'd get after her scalding hot shower from the experience would knock those desires right out of her.
hyper

Cat, of course, is only referring to Lois's 3 rules. Don't get involved with a story, get there first, and don't sleep with a co-worker.
But those are so *last* year. Didn’t Cat get the memo with the update?

I'm driving you crazy, aren't I?
blush

You mean, during PML?
Nah, just a regular snap.

Hey! That's my line!
[Linked Image]
I didn’t read ahead. I promise.

Strange that was Clark's reaction to the words "window of time", too.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
My FDK causes this reaction? Hmm…
It might have had something to do with that Black SUV baking outside on my front lawn with this decal: razz

Hey! Umm… What happens on the third strike?
The next reader gets to guess? Or I post part 31.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It might have had something to do with that Black SUV baking outside on my front lawn with this decal: razz
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Sorry, I didn't answer sooner. I've been trying all day to get Part 44 to Beta. Finally got it done. razz . Characters? huh Whatcha gonna do? Shoot 'em? <<ducking>>

/votes for part 31/
Just posted.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Falling further and further behind on my cushion.
Oh dear.

Oh, wait, it wasn't *this* FDK I needed to do, but Fireworks Part 2. Ooops. That will have to wait until morning. - Brain currently fried.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, right. If she was meant as a Venus trap for Superman…
I don't think they ever mentioned *what* she was supposed to be. But Superman's Black Widow (no pun on the Marvel super heroine) makes sense.

Oh dear. It’s possibly you have another part’s worth of FDK to read when you wake up.
[Linked Image] I mean. Thanks. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
X
Blogger
Blogger
X
Dr. Sam Lane looked Clark up and down, and asked, “What exactly is your relationship with my daughter?”
He just jumps right in with the tough questions, eh?

“Lois would have made a damn fine surgeon. Her test scores were high enough, heaven knows she’s smart enough, and she doesn’t get squeamish at a little blood,” Dr. Lane said proudly and then shook his head. “It’s a shame.”
A shame that she followed her dream? What a nice dad xD

Dr. Lane went back to packing his bag. “If she doesn’t have the guts to march with the big boys…”
She’s trying to protect you!

He was working the story Perry had assigned him, but in a way where she’d still get all the credit. Damn him! Clark was making it all but impossible to stay angry at him.
Good!

Lois stared at Clark across the newsroom. He was busy on another story and didn’t notice her staring. His shirt sleeves were rolled up and a pencil was stuck studiously behind his right ear. On anyone else, she would have thought the look would be nerdish at best. On Clark it was particularly sexy. She closed her eyes and recalled his breath on her neck as he told her what a wonderful reporter she was and how he understood why she didn’t want him as a partner. The combined effect was like an aphrodisiac. Clark didn’t understand anything at all.
clap

She quickly glanced up and saw that Clark was looking at her once more. He had to stop doing that. She couldn’t concentrate. She couldn’t think. When he looked at her like that, it was all she could do to stop herself from jumping over his desk and knocking him to the floor, her mouth on his.
laugh

“Go and eat dinner together, celebrate your big coup story-wise, possibly your new partnership, and have the best sex of your life. You might as well end your misery, and his, and mine, and do it tonight,” Cat said, leaning up against the sinks. “No time like the present.”
clap

“If Clark looked at me the way he looks at you, there’s no way we’d be ‘just friends’.”
clap

“I’ve come to realize it’s not me who he wants. Clark is in love with you, and has been since the day he walked into the Planet, probably always will be,” Cat said, blotting her lipstick. She glanced at Lois via the mirror. “Don’t act shocked, Lois. Everyone knows this. Everyone.” She rolled her eyes. “Including you. I mean the man wears his heart on his sleeve. It’s quite obvious. I know he’s a reporter and a co-worker and that’s against your ‘rules’. But I’m telling you, you might as well cave now, because you will eventually anyway, especially under those radiant brown eyes of his. The sexual tension in the newsroom is so thick we’re going to need a chainsaw soon to walk to our desks.”

“You… You didn’t sleep with Clark?” Lois sputtered in disbelief.
It STILL hasn’t sunk in yet?! wink

“A girl has to have something to look forward to in life, doesn’t she?”
Yep.

Oh, God, she hoped it didn’t take that long.
evil

“Unhand her!” demanded a voice from the shadows.

“Clark!” Lois yelled, but it wasn’t Clark. It was Lex Luthor. “Lex?”
Oh, boy. If it’s up to Lex, she’s in trouble.

Lois turned and karate chopped Menken’s gun hand, just as an explosion ripped through the alley, echoing off the brick walls. A sharp, burning sensation penetrated her body, causing her to gasp and bump against Menken, who was caught off guard and stumbled backwards towards a pile trash.
shock

I didn’t mean she had to get shot! Just be in trouble!! Oh, Lois, how do these things always happen to you?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
X Phile: Well, Lois is Sam's daughter, even if he doesn't act like a father should.

A shame that she followed her dream? What a nice dad
Yeah, Clark pointed that out too.

She’s trying to protect you!
Blindness, a trait one gets from one's folks.

It STILL hasn’t sunk in yet?!
She's in shock.

Oh, no. Him again? What does he want?
To get Lois to the right spot at the right time to get kidnapped.

Even better than a no.
I'm glad you think so.

Isn’t it always? Although, she can get herself out of most of it
Men: Yes.

Lois: :rolleyes: I'm not a 'Damsel'!

WHO?! He obviously doesn’t read the Daily Planet
Actually, that was canon dialogue. And Menken doesn't seem like someone who reads anything but the sports pages to me.

3…2…1…
razz .

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard