Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#88602 08/06/12 02:12 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
There's still an Epilogue to come, but I haven't sent it to Iolanthe yet, so it won't be posted for at least a few days.

Thanks to everyone who read this story and left comments.

Corrina.

#88603 08/06/12 03:09 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
<Happy sigh> What a wonderful part. I loved every word of it, but I think my favourite passage was:
You uncovered the real me - which made me feel vulnerable and scared, so I ran away. Now, I've uncovered the real you. Maybe that makes you feel vulnerable and scared. Maybe you need time to realise that I'm not going to use what I know to hurt you." Her hand inched forward, and her fingertips pressed into the skin of his forearm. "But I'm really hoping you won't run away."
Well done. smile

Joy,
Lynn

#88604 08/06/12 03:42 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved this story, Corrina. But Clark is wrong about Lois not saying she loves him. This:

"I might borrow some lines from you. Something like …'I have been in love with you for a long time. You must have known.'"

is an admission of love. Saying that you plan to tell a man you love him *is* telling him you love him.

In any case, well done!

This *is* my happily ever after.
#88605 08/06/12 03:59 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
New part! New part! thumbsup

It was a plea for information. And understanding. And mercy.
Chocolate might have been an appropriate bribe. wink

"Please. Please don't -" Please don't hate me. Please don't reject me.
Awwww.

"You're babbling," she said, her mouth twitching.
clap

"What I don't understand is how you thought you could continue to be two people and not eventually face something like this."
At least, not without a cohort.

When she sat down on the couch, the normalcy of two friends sharing a meal felt like fate taunting him.
Awwww.

"You won't have to make up lame excuses whenever someone needs Superman. At least, not to me. You can just disappear and leave me to make up the lame excuses."
clap

"You *must* be angry," he said. "You've just put your life in danger because of your strength of belief about who I am, only to discover that you didn't know me at all."
Awwww!

She looked a bit surprised at his outburst. "I knew the important things," she said, sounding just a little defensive. "I knew you would never kill. I knew you would never run away from trouble."
Awwww!

"Why would you tell me anything about yourself when the time you did open your heart, I trampled all over it?"
Awwwww! (Ummm, sorry to get repetitive here)

"But when you've had some time …" She gave him a little smile. "I think that what you need most of all now is a friend."

"Sometimes I hate that word," he said bitterly.
We've all been there.

Her smile flickered. "Would you like me to give you a glimpse of the future as I see it?" she said.
Yes, please!

Lois smiled softly. "I might borrow some lines from you. Something like …'I have been in love with you for a long time. You must have known.'"
clap

"So you think Lana's parents might be willing to look after him?"
Yay for the poor baby with the psycho momma!

"Oh, she spilled your secret all right," Lois said, still smiling. "And it's on the tape."
clap

"I love you, Lois," he whispered. "Thank you for rescuing me."
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

What a sweet ending to this tale! So glad that Clark and Lois both got their happy endings!

Can't wait to see what you dish up in the epilogue!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#88606 08/06/12 04:08 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww what a sweet ending. I am looking forward to the last bit. Thanks. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#88607 08/06/12 04:39 PM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
can i read it now!!!! yay!!!! maybe i should wait for the epilogue, hmmm

#88608 08/06/12 07:57 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Corrina,

Personally I don't see how an epilog will wrap this up. It is crying for a sequel.

Woderful story.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#88609 08/06/12 11:41 PM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Thanks Corrina for this incredible story. clap
More soon, please. sloppy grovel

KateB
#88610 08/08/12 03:57 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was again a great story!

Bring on the epilogue!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#88611 08/10/12 02:54 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She knew that, despite having declared his love for her, he hadn't been willing to tell her the whole truth about himself.
Yeah, I’m starting to see why he should be considering a detour to the Himalaya…

Were those differences now going to rob him of everything - real and hoped for - he had with Lois?
No, but I would go back to worrying about the lying.

Or should he just appear in his living room?
hyper

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#88612 08/10/12 06:49 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awww, this was sweet. wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#88613 08/10/12 04:29 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
This is an outstanding story, Corrina, and my only complaint is that it's over! You sustained the level of tension for Clark very well the entire time, both with the murder mystery and the general suspicion that Clark, against all logic and knowledge of the man, had shot a woman in the back of the head, along with the question of when Lois would learn/realize/be told The Secret. And you handled Lana's situation with as much gentleness as you could, too.

I can totally imagine Clark suggesting that he be Lana's advocate and root for her to get easy treatment because of her "situation." I'm not sure I could get on board with that, because taking a human life is not something "normal" people do well - reference the number of post traumatic stress disorder patients who return physically whole from combat. She will surely need to be watched for the rest of her life, because the news of Lois getting together with Clark for real isn't something she'd take lightly.

Like so many others, I loved the reverse reveal ("Go on, Clark, fly your parents home so we can talk.") Lois pulled on Clark. And I'm glad she was able to work out both that he had been trying to tell her the secret and that the delay in the reveal was partly (but not totally!) her responsibility. I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more than an epilogue from this retelling of Mayson's passing, but I understand if the muses are nudging you in a different direction.

Definitely a Kerth-worthy tale, Corinna! You are to be congratulated. I wish I could write WAFFy stuff as easily as you seem to. Well done!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#88614 08/10/12 09:09 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Ah-ha-ha! Finally! I have done it! I've caught up (after being behind about ten parts or so...) and I'm now done with your fantastic story!! Minus the epilogue...

WOW! When I say fantastic, I mean fantastic! This was absolutely excellent! I mean, wow! I agree, definitely Kerth-worthy fic! I wish I had time to comment extensively on every part of every chapter... but I'm fortunate enough to have found the spare time to read it, so I'm just going to have to say how impressed I am and leave it at that. You had me on the edge of my seat to the end. thumbsup hyper

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#88615 09/01/12 09:45 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Lynn Thanks for sticking with the rather erratic posting schedule. I'm glad you enjoyed the ending.

Happy Agree with your comment, but Clark is the type of guy who likes to dot the i's and cross the t's - particularly when it's something he *really* wants.

DC The 'awws' are never too repetitive - not when I'm trying to write WAFF!

Laura Thanks for being such a consistent reader, Laura.

Sarah If you got around to reading it, you might have discovered that it wasn't as bad as you'd feared. I got Clark out of trouble reasonably quickly. laugh

Ken No sequel. I wanted to get them over the impasse in their relationship. I'll leave the rest up to your imagination. cool

Kate Vulnerability and strength - nice combination!

Thanks, Morgana.

Michael Re the epilogue - when I was about 2/3rds through the story, I realised I needed some time to pass before tying up all the ends.

Vicki You raise the issue that I tussled with for quite a while - I wanted a happy ending, but serious stuff happened earlier in the fic. A woman died. I thought it would be out of character for Clark to just shrug it off.

Glad you liked it!

Terry

This is an outstanding story, Corrina, and my only complaint is that it's over!
As a writer, they're my favourite complaints!

And you handled Lana's situation with as much gentleness as you could, too.
Thank you. I wanted Clark to face a difficult situation, forced upon him because he's trying to live as two people. But then, I couldn't just drop the fact that someone had died.

Mouserocks Thanks for taking the time to catch up. Glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks to everyone for reading and leaving such lovely FDK,

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard