OP Offline
Kerth
Comments go here!

Corrina. wave

#88334 07/26/12 01:44 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes! dance

This is something I'm going to savor reading tonight! Thanks Corinna!!!!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#88335 07/26/12 02:36 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Corrina,

Marvelous, brilliant, excellently done. There just are not enough superlatives for this chapter. party

Now Lois has to fess up and Clark has to come clean and all will be right with the world. love

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#88336 07/26/12 03:59 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow I love all the deductions! You are a regular Sherlock Homes you are! Loved it! And also I am glad you gave us a clue as to why Lana went nuts. Great job. I can't wait for the next chapter!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#88337 07/26/12 04:15 AM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Henderson and Wolfe are totally full of it. Any good cop will agree that talking to the Police can not help you. Period.

Never talk to the Police part 1 Never talk to the Police part 2

Framework4
#88338 07/26/12 11:57 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Henderson and Wolfe are totally full of it. Any good cop will agree that talking to the Police can not help you. Period.
This is very true. Law enforcement looooves people who don't "lawyer up", but only because the people who don't have a tendancy to sell themselves up the creek, just as Clark & Superman both managed to do. Also, I'd like to mention that anybody who isn't under arrest cannot be detained -- if they ask to leave, they can leave. Technically, Superman/Clark never had to come into the station, never had to answer questions, and never had to stay, so he really did dig his own grave both as Superman & as Clark.

I'd also like to add that though Wolfe seemed to want to force McCreadie to come into the station, he'd be more likely to try and work out a time more amenable for her to come in. Witnesses can sometimes be arrested, but if they are cooperating, there's not much reason for it.

I'm a little surprised Superman's fingerprints never came up. They have his prints in the system, so it should have caused a match to come up when the murder weapon prints were run, and a problem when Clark's prints matched Superman's.

That all being said, I'm absolutely loving the Lois/Clark aspects of this story and can't wait to see what happens next. Will Lois discover that Clark is Superman? I can't wait for more smile

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
#88339 07/26/12 05:08 PM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
just letting you know that i am lurking around, waiting for the conclusion before I start reading again! soooooo excited for this!

#88340 07/27/12 12:39 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I'm very much enjoying the story, and eager for the next part.

Joy,
Lynn

#88341 07/27/12 01:31 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
hyper

Regarding "talk or don't talk to police" - I agree it's never a good idea. Can't help, very likely to hurt. Don't do it. I also agree that even cops recognize the truth of this statement.

On the other hand, Henderson's and Wolfe's frustrated "Why didn't Clark just tell us where he was?" rings true. I would have been surprised to hear either of them confess to Lois, "Because Clark wisely chose not to volunteer information about his whereabouts, I wasted several days pursuing false leads. But that's really my own fault for not being a better detective. Tell Clark he did the right thing; it's never a good idea to talk to the police." huh

ETA: Were you able to go back and watch the show again to see what happened with the fingerprints? Was it as I remembered?

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#88342 07/27/12 01:40 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The deduction conversations were all done in a logical, precise order. Something that would make a certain vulcan or Victorian detective immensely proud.

Clark should be happy he has such a sharp cookie for a neighbor. How is sweet Pannikin? frown

Lana pregnant by an Italian police officer and she was forced into it? I don't think so. That woman is TOTALLY delusional.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#88343 07/27/12 02:03 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lana pregnant by an Italian police officer and she was forced into it? I don't think so. That woman is TOTALLY delusional.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I wasn't sure if crazy Lana invented the whole rape scenario, or if being raped by a policeman is what sent Lana off the deep end.

Speaking of pregnant Lana, I can't help but wonder what will happen to the baby. As I said above, I'm looking forward to reading more...
wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#88344 07/27/12 03:13 AM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Vicki:
Speaking of pregnant Lana, I can't help but wonder what will happen to the baby.
If the author has been watching Smallville it will turn out that Lana was never pregnant.

Framework4
#88345 07/27/12 09:17 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
On the other hand, Henderson's and Wolfe's frustrated "Why didn't Clark just tell us where he was?" rings true. I would have been surprised to hear either of them confess to Lois, "Because Clark wisely chose not to volunteer information about his whereabouts, I wasted several days pursuing false leads. But that's really my own fault for not being a better detective. Tell Clark he did the right thing; it's never a good idea to talk to the police."
I agree! I hope it didn't seem like I was advocating that Wolfe/Henderson dialog be changed. They are full of it, as Framework said, but that's what they would probably say. I'm a little surprised Clark didn't know better about talking to the police, given all of his dealings with the police and with the judicial system, but it's understandable he would fall into the trap of talking to them given the kind of stress he was under.

I also want to add that I really appreciate how this story has connected with me and made me think. I work in forensics, so there's a personal connection with what I do.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
#88346 07/27/12 12:24 PM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
I loved it. smile1 Now I'm waiting for L&C reunion and some fluff. love
Please, post soon. grovel

KateB
#88347 07/27/12 04:26 PM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Come back here and post another part!! smile Completely loving this story especially this last part.
Sarah

#88348 07/27/12 07:38 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Aria:
I hope it didn't seem like I was advocating that Wolfe/Henderson dialog be changed...that's what they would probably say.
Nor was I suggesting it be changed. I do hope Lois and Clark write a series on dealing with the Police pointing out the value of taking the fifth.

Framework4
#88349 07/28/12 02:20 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"My husband was the only cop in Mount Bethel, Pennsylvania for over thirty years,"
Aaaahhhh…that’s why you needed to find a small town.

That explained a few things - the detail and clarity of her evidence for starters.
clap

Lana groaned from the floor. "I feel sick," she said. "Can I sit up?"
huh

"It was one of you who got me knocked up and -"
Okay? She fell for a charming French officer in uniform?

"Why? You want to make sure someone covers for him?"
Okay?

"It wasn't here. It was in Rome. A dirty lying Italian cop forced me and now I'm pregnant with his brat."
jawdrop

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#88350 07/28/12 02:22 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"I tried to," she said bitterly. "But they wouldn't listen to me. They told me they weren't going to allow my lies to destroy the career of a fine cop."
How exactly did Lana manage that feat? The big tourist centers, they must be taking extra good care to avoid any hint of impropriety. So, did she poke around some really backwater place? Or is that whole tale something she made up in her mind and was bonkers beforehand? Plus, it sounded like she came more or less straight to Metropolis so what did she do in the weeks between? Just go on with her life and go more and more bonkers while shopping in Paris? She really should talk to Dr. Maxwell.

He stopped at the open suitcase and sprawling clothes. "All part of the ruse?"
laugh

Lois slipped into Clark's bedroom and quickly changed into the jeans, sweater, and sneakers she had left in his closet.
Umm… The bedroom’s really pretty open. She’d have to go into the bathroom or Henderson would need to promise to look the other way.

Henderson glared at Lois and shook his head. "You could have been k-"

"But I wasn't."
Maybe Clark, Henderson, and Perry should form a support group?

"So after determining that Lana was jealous enough to kill a rival for Clark's attention, you decided to provide her with another victim?" Henderson said sourly.
Duh!

"But I have a theory."
I’m guessing it has nothing to do with a clothing fetish, does it?

"I think she had it right the first time," Henderson said grimly.
hyper

Can’t wait for part 13. Wait, 13? Uh-oh!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#88351 07/30/12 12:06 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wahoo! Finally getting up to date on this one!

"My husband was the only cop in Mount Bethel, Pennsylvania for over thirty years," Clark's neighbour replied. "When we moved there, he said he couldn't be everywhere at once, so he insisted I learn how to handle a gun. I practised until I was the best shot in the entire town."
clap

"You can sit up," Mrs McCreadie said. "But if you make one move towards the gun or Ms Lane, I will shoot. And the last time I missed what I was aiming for, it was 1979."
clap

"Will you tell him that I didn't mean to get him into trouble?"
You can tell him too. He'll forgive you and probably invite you in to share a celebratory cake.

Lois shrugged an admission. "But I didn't know you are so proficient with a gun."
Yup. Which makes it still a HUGE risk.

"He does," Lois said. Fearing she had been too transparent, she quickly added, "He's my partner, and I don't like to see anyone accused of something he didn't do."
Yes, we save confessions for Clark first.

"When your partner looks like Mr Kent."
clap laugh

"I think that would be a very good idea," Henderson said dryly.
laugh

"I think she had it right the first time," Henderson said grimly.
rotflol

"I suppose you have a theory as to how Clark's fingerprints got on the murder weapon?"
Yes? Because she has an answer for everything.

"Actually, by then, he was probably trying to protect Superman."
That's half right!

He suffers from Clark Kent Martyr Syndrome.
rotflol

"No. He was protecting someone else he cares about."

"Who?"

"You."
Awww! Yay, Henderson!

"Was he *trying* to make things worse for Clark?"
<snicker>

That they were friends?

Partners?

Or that he wished they could be something more?
Yes. Yes. And...look at that! Yes.

Oooh! More soon? Pleeeeease?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#88352 08/19/12 02:27 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Morgana Thanks!

Ken Your comment re Lois and Clark is apt - they've spent very little time together so far.

Laura

And also I am glad you gave us a clue as to why Lana went nuts.
The Lana we saw in the alt-universe was possessive and demanding. I took her a bit further, so I felt I had to give some reason for her irrational behaviour.

Patrick There are those who believe the cops are always out to get you and should never be trusted. I don't believe that, and I don't think Clark would either. I think that if he hadn't had to hide the Secret, he would have been honest and trusted the system to prove his innocence. Plus, in this case, Clark and Henderson know each other.

Sure, most of my (limited) knowledge comes from the Australian system, but from what we saw of Henderson in the show, he was a good guy and would have genuinely wanted to help Clark.

Aria Thanks for your thoughts. I'm probably a little naive (Clark might be, too), but it was never my intention to disparage police officers in this fic. I felt bad enough that they misread the evidence, but if they hadn't, Lois wouldn't have had the opportunity to swoop in and save Clark.

I'd also like to add that though Wolfe seemed to want to force McCreadie to come into the station, he'd be more likely to try and work out a time more amenable for her to come in. Witnesses can sometimes be arrested, but if they are cooperating, there's not much reason for it.
Which is why Wolfe backed down very quickly. He knew he couldn't force her to come. At that stage, he probably didn't realise that she knew it too!

Sarah Hope you got the chance to finish reading.

Thanks, Lynn.

Vicki If a person were guilty of a crime, absolutely, say nothing.

But what if you're innocent? Does the average American have so little trust for the justice system and police officers that he/she would refuse to give information (that could help in solving the case) even when innocent?

Again, I'm probably naive, but if I were being questioned by police about something I hadn't done, I would think that speaking out could only help my cause.

Clark was innocent - his difficulties arose because of his unique situation in trying to be two people.

Morgana Whether or not Lana is lying about what happened in Europe is for the reader to decide.

Patrick I've never watched a single episode of Smallville.

Aria The strength of the belief, 'never talk to police' has surprised me.

But then, as well as being naive, I'm also willing to admit that my view of police officers has been coloured by a very cute Sergeant Tom Newman, a character in an Aussie show in the early '90s.

Kate You're right - at this stage, it was set up for some fluff. smile

Sarah Thanks for letting me know you're reading.

Michael

Aaaahhhh…that’s why you needed to find a small town.
Yep.

Something tells me that Wolfe’s gonna get to attend a how-to-treat-people-courteously seminar.
Good cop/bad cop?

DC

Yes, that's why it's totally acceptable to allow lies to destroy the career/life of a fine human being/reporter.
Good point. smile

Thanks for commenting, everyone.

Corrina.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard