Pulitzer
Comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Cute story.

Lois & Clark sure do have a large brood of children and they have super-genes long before they have super powers. Good for them.

Pat

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Pat,

Thanks for reading my little fic and leaving a comment.

Both of my summer fics I placed in my Matchmaker universe since that is the one I am most familiar with and it has so many possibilities.

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
Another cute story. I enjoyed the scenes of Martha and Jonathan enjoying their grandkids. smile Thanks for posting.

And Lois, still wearing a bikini after 7 kids! Boy, am I jealous! laugh

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Vicki,

Thanks for the FDK.

There are actually eight children. The reason she is so slim and trim and can wear a bikini can be attributed to the fact that her physiology has been modified by exposure to Clark's Kryptonian aura and she in now more than half Kryptonian herself. Also, since her rate of aging has slowed, physically she is only about thirty years of age, Earth years that is. Her rate of aging matches Kal-El's. That is all explained in my Matchmaker set. If you will notice I have given this a volume number so thay you will know just where it falls within that canon.

Links to the series both g-fic and n-fic can be found in the TOC section. Just look for Matchmaker in thé series title.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for a lovely story. Kids. Flying vans. Campfires. Grandparents and of course superpowers! Who could ask for more? thumbsup

This is an extension of your awesome Matchmaker series but I am curious about one thing: why so many children?

Oh yes, the explanation about Lois' half Kryptonian physical makeup is perfect!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Flying vans! thumbsup

Grandparents – I have always loved the Kents. I am working them into my stories whenever I can. You’ll see them a lot in Volumes 4 and 5. dance

Why so many kids, Mmmmmmmm, if you recall waaaaayyyyy back in Volume 1 the explanation is that because Lois' body was sensitized to the Kryptonian aura when she was pregnant, the aura of the child in her womb slowed her rate of aging the same way being within Clark’s aura did so the more children she had the more her life was going to be extended. (Volume 1 post 3) laugh

I was tempted to say more, but, if I did it would be a spoiler for some one who had only read this short story and not the original stories. evil peep

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A week ago Ultra Woman and Superman had dealt with a tropical storm in the Gulf which had been threatening Pensacola, Florida.
So, just after Hurricane then.

house hurricane named Lucy.
laugh

Thirteen year old Jon and eleven year old Lara were both in on the family secret and were both too excited by the upcoming trip to be able to sleep.
So, they will be free to work on powers, then?

Clark said, “Okay, Jon and Lara the two of you need to keep an eye on things while we are away. We should be back in just a few minutes.”
Because that went *so* well last time. laugh

“Aww Sis, you’re just like Mom, correcting me the same way she does Dad.”
clap Usually I think of it the other way around, with Clark correcting Lois. Didn't she tell him not to edit her rants once? wink

With each pair of their siblings that were moved to Smallville the level of excitement that Jon and Lara were experiencing mounted. They tried to watch some TV but that wasn’t even enough of a distraction.
So, why the van then? Just keeping up appearances?

When they exited Clark let the kids into the van. He said, “Okay, Jon, you can sit in the driver’s seat. Lara, you ride shotgun.”
eek

Lara said, “Wow! Just like in ‘The Incredibles’! Will we do a high speed landing like them?”
Ah! Love the tie in too.

A flying van would show up like a small plane and would draw undue attention, but, by staying below five hundred feet they would be below the radar sweep.
It's Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's big brother?

Tongue firmly planted in cheek Lois said, “I just don’t know what these kids see in that movie. It’s so unrealistic. A super strong man, a woman that can stretch like a rubber band, a little boy that is super fast and a girl that can turn invisible. Gimme a break. Now, a super strong man, or woman, for that matter who can fly, look through solid objects, freeze things with super cold breath and start fires with heat vision, that I can believe.”
clap

Unknown to campers and councilors alike some of the sparks that had flown up from the fire had still been alight when they landed in the woods which surrounded the camp and several small fires were started.
Oh dear. Superkids to the rescue then?

She ran off, careful not to use her superspeed until she was out of sight.
Good girl!

A little out of breath, but quickly recovering
Hmm...interesting. Because his powers are still developing, or because he's half human?

They flew so fast that their slipstream sucked up water from the lake and pulled it along behind them.
And here I was thinking super breath.

Clark had a hard time hiding the pride in his voice
Awww!

Clark noted that Jon hung there in the air a fraction longer than Lara
Well, he *is* the child of Lois, so of course he'll be an overachiever and beat his dad's flying age.

Fun story!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi DC,

Thanks for the FDK! thumbsup

Correcting copy, yeah she griped about him doing that, but she did it to him as well, he was just too polite to say anything. thumbsup

I’m glad you liked my little story. dance

kj
Kerth
Kerth
clap Cute! They're chips off the old block, all right. Well done! I really enjoyed this.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Mouse,

Thanks for the FDK!

It was fun to write. I'm very happy that you liked it.

kj
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Summer Camp - Matchmaker Chronicles Volume 1C
Ooooh! Another one wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Michael,

Since you asked for it I put in a request for my muse to come up with another short story.

Shortly after that I was impelled to put in a request for "First Love". Let's see what he comes up with.

Thanks for the FDK and the encouragement.

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
At first I wondered if "Summer Camp" was a euphemism for "going to grandparents". hyper Mini Supers! Love it. They're just like Dad. (Well, except for Lucy, that is). Lucky Lois.

Oh, you never mentioned (and you can reply in the Matchmaker FDK, if you don't want any spoilers here, since it's kind of off topic) if UW is vulnerable to Kryptonite. Or do I have to read on and find out?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

Thanks for the FDK.

RE: the kids falling asleep in Metropolis and waking up in Smallville - this is a routine occurance for them and as little kids they don't even question it. It isn't until their powers start to come on that they are brought in on the 'family secret'. Young kids are very accepting.

Green K and how does it affect Ultra Woman - I'm afraid I'll have to say - stick with the series. We will be returning to Clark and Lois and Clark and Lori in volume 6. There will be a complete discussion about the search for a green K antidote there.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard