Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#88180 07/19/12 04:40 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks to everyone who has left FDK. I will find the time to answer it.

Corrina. wave

#88181 07/19/12 06:10 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Aaaarg! Corrina, you are mean. Just. Plain. Mean. That was too cruel of you. You set me up! Got me thinking the worst was over. Things were taking a turn for the better. smile The police were off Clark's back and on the trail of the real murderer. smile1 Clark was going to stay with Lois in her place. hyper He was going to tell her the truth. clap She was going to tell him she loves him. shock

I so want to see what Lois's reaction to all this will be. She is sure Clark is innocent. But now, with his fingerprints on the murder weapon, PLUS Superman's cryptic message, I don't know. Will Lois's faith in Clark prevail? I'm betting it will. I can't wait to read more and find out if I'm right, and what happens next!

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#88182 07/19/12 06:50 AM
Blogger
Blogger
I have only one question, Corrina: how are you going to wrap this up in another five parts? eek You're killin' me!!! Great story!

#88183 07/19/12 07:28 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Corrina, you are killing us !! mecry mecry I knew Clark wouldn't destroy the murder weapon. eek Nothing short of Lana's confession can save him now. please, come back today and post part 11. Pretty please. grovel grovel grovel

KateB
#88184 07/19/12 12:44 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Argh! Henderson and company couldn't have waited another half a minute. grumble (Of course they couldn't; we're only two thirds of the way into the story.)

I had been afraid that Clark's fingerprints on the gun would come back to haunt him.

Time to step up your investigations, Lois.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., Well done, Corrina.

edit: I forgot to add that you fooled me. I had been sure it would be Lana at the door, not the police.

#88185 07/19/12 06:31 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Now that was just plain evil you tease. Get back here and fix it! wildguy

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#88186 07/20/12 04:24 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
URGHSS!!! wildguy

EVERYONE knows I have never put up the wildguy. Why would you do that to this readership!?! I can just imagine you sitting in front of your computer rubbing your hands in glee.

Get back here and fix this mess!!! Eek! eek

Please..... grovel

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#88187 07/20/12 05:59 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Took me a while to join in with the fdk to this story but I finally got around to it (and hope to stay until the end laugh )

With part 1 I wasn't sure what to expect; by 2 I was completely hooked!

I really like how Lois is so sure of his innocence and so focused on helping him that she even puts the Planet on hold.

But what you gave us in part 10 was worse than a Jimmy interreptus!! Here they are, about to come clean with each other and you throw in the cops! And to arrest Clark!!!

I hope you don't leave us hanging for too long! grovel

Cris
#88188 07/20/12 05:59 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I expect that the prints of Superman and Clark might make a difference. Although it also means a very difficult situation for Clark as it means his secret's out.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#88189 07/20/12 06:47 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Corrina,

You've just about succeeded in painting Clark into a corner. huh huh confused confused

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#88190 07/20/12 02:47 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Hi everyone

I don't have long, but I thought I'd begin to answer some of this lovely FDK.

Vicki

Aaaarg! Corrina, you are mean. Just. Plain. Mean.
Unlike Clark, I'm guilty as charged. laugh

And what is even worse is that I've left my computer and this story at home while I come to spend some time with my daughter. dance

Corrina.

#88191 07/20/12 03:49 PM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Enjoy the day off with your daughter, Corrina. smile1 Have fun.

KateB
#88192 07/20/12 04:29 PM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by Female Hawk:

[b]Christina
I realise now that I should have made it clear earlier in this story. When Superman was fingerprinted in the show, my assumption was always that he heat-smudged the prints immediately. Being Superman, no one was going to be overly surprised if the prints didn't look human. The fact that the show never followed up on Superman's prints being on file confirmed this to me. When I edit this for the archive, I'll make that clearer.
[/b]
Thanks for the clarification. I had not seen anything to suggest this so this does make a difference. Now I have no clue where he goes next. eek eek eek eek

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#88193 07/21/12 01:56 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A small crowd had gathered on the sidewalk near his apartment. From their midst, a voice called out, "There he is," and the group swivelled towards him.
Oh boy.

Lois nestled closer against his side. "It wasn't your fault," she said in a low voice. "Whatever the reasons for her being here, whatever happened, it wasn't your fault."
/waits for Clark to find fault/

"If I'd told her sooner, she wouldn't have been here," Clark said.
See?

"I didn't pull the trigger, but perhaps I deserve -"
[Linked Image]

But I do think the team of Lane and Kent needs to be together for a while. I've hardly seen you in a week."
Awwwwww

Lois suspected that every instinct within him was primed, ready to spring to Lana's defence.
Even the great Lois Lane can be not right once in a while.

"But he seems … OK?" Perry persisted.
clap

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#88194 07/21/12 01:57 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"I will," Clark said. "I figure I owe you that, at least."
[…]
"How about you start around the time you arrived home last night?"
grumble

"Open up," came the harsh cry from the other side of the door. "Police. Open up."
Oh boy. What is it *now*?

"Clark Kent," he said. "You're under arrest for the murder of Mayson Drake. You have the right to remain silent, but anything you say ..."
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#88195 07/22/12 11:50 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
ooh, ooh, ooh! I just thought of something! I had resigned myself to patiently waiting until Monday morning, on the assumption you were spending the weekend with your lovely daughter. (You never did say how long you'd be staying, but if it were more than a weekend, surely you would have said so?)

But I just remembered... you are half-way around the world. Your Sunday is over. You've had a good night's sleep and shortly it will be Monday morning. In just a few hours, you'll wake up and remember your loyal fans here on the boards, grab your computer, and post Part 11. Am I right? laugh

hyper

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#88196 07/28/12 02:23 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois's hand burrowed into Clark's again. She lifted her head high and marched them past the pointing, speculating crowd. She unlocked his door, hustled him inside, and shut it firmly.
Love how she's taking care of him.

"It's not because I think you're a flight risk; I don't. But I do think the team of Lane and Kent needs to be together for a while. I've hardly seen you in a week."
Awww!

But she hadn't expected the moment in the cab - the moment when he'd allowed her to glimpse his desperate need to know what she believed regarding Mayson's death. The last time he'd been so vulnerable, so open, so unguarded, she'd rejected him
frown

But, unless he stated outright that he wanted her to leave him, Lois was going to stick with him
Good girl, Lois!

"Not about whether you killed Mayson," Lois said quickly. "But I think we should use this opportunity to share what we know. I'm sure that, together, we'll be able to find answers."

"Lane and Kent," he muttered.
Precisely!

"And it seemed possible he was trying to say that ... that Clark ... He seemed to be hinting that Clark ... might not be himself exactly."
frown

"He said *Clark* might hurt me?" Lois hissed, trying to keep her voice down.
Yeah, I don't see this as swaying her at all.

Had the entire world lost its mind?
We're in Bizzaro World?

She'd investigated on his behalf. Wolfe had said he'd received 'new information'. Clark had no doubt it had been Lois who had uncovered that new information, brought it to Wolfe, and demanded he consider it.
Yup. Smart boy!

Would he have them for Lois?
That's what I'd like to know. :p

He had to tell her. He owed her that much.
Oooh!

But the time had come. He had to tell her he was Superman.
OOOOOOH!

What was Clark hiding?

How was Superman involved?
<snicker>

Clark was staring vacantly ahead. "They think I murdered her," he said. "They believe I could do that."
frown

Pregnant? The word resonated around Lois's mind as her heart gave up the tiny seed of hope it had been nurturing. Whatever his feelings, Clark would never abandon the woman carrying his child.
Oh, Lois!

"Because I don't love her. I will never love her."
<watches Lois' heart do a happy dance> dance

"About you. About what I said."
Oh no. Now he's going to think that she thinks he killed Mayson.

"Open up," came the harsh cry from the other side of the door. "Police. Open up."
eek

"The murder weapon," Henderson replied tightly. "With Clark's fingerprints."
eek

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#88197 08/05/12 01:56 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Kate Thanks, Kate. A bit of shopping, a nice walk, and a game of footy. Great day!

Christina Glad it finally makes sense!

Michael

About 15-20 years with good behavior. Say, given that he’s a foreign dignitary and everything, could he claim diplomatic immunity?
rotflol

Clark, you dolt! Or did Corrina, too, only just remember that he’s given the jacket *with* the gun to the police? Like us poor readers who kind of forgot about the gun stuck in the pocket?
How Clark dealt with the gun wasn't his finest moment, but he wasn't stupid enough to leave it in the jacket he gave to the police. cool

Vicki I think I posted the next part only a few hours after your post, Vicki!

DC You seem to approve of Lois and Clark crashing their way through some of the misunderstanding. smile

Thanks for reading and leaving such nice feedback, everyone.

Corrina.

#88198 11/09/12 12:49 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Okay, so I was all happy with this part until the very end. Where did he leave the gun that they would have been able to find it? How could they have fingerprinted it already? Or had they had it earlier and only matched what Clark gave them with what they had? So confused and worried...

But earlier on, I was loving everything that was happening. Especially the bit about him having shown her his vulnerability and how she had thought he would never show that to her again. Lois knows he wasn't in love with the other two women, she immediately recognized that he would hate having to reject someone when he knew how painful it was (and I LOVE that connection there), he was planning on telling her that he was Superman, and she was about to tell him she really loved him--

And then, he of course thinks she might be saying she does believe he killed Mayson, or at least that's the impression I was receiving, and then the police came.

And once again, I'm back to hoping things look up soon! smile

#88199 11/15/12 12:00 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
she immediately recognized that he would hate having to reject someone when he knew how painful it was (and I LOVE that connection there)
I always felt the scene in the park when Clark says he loves Lois and she says she loves him as a friend was pivotal in their relationship. It was so intense and so heart-wrenching. But then, it was basically dropped by the show.

Something that momentous can't be wiped away with a few lines (such as when Clark crossed his fingers and said he'd lied). In this story, I tried to address what I see as a lack in the show.

Thanks for your thoughts, Anti-K,

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard