Summary: What happens when Lois and Clark eat ice cream cones together?

This story was inspired by a prompt from the Summer Ficathon Challenge. My prompt was ice cream cone.

Disclaimer: None of the characters are mine. I just borrowed them for this story.

This hasn’t been beta’d, was written in fifteen minutes. I don’t usually write fluff or anything remotely fun for that matter. So, I hope I did the prompt justice.

++++

“This has been the longest, hottest day this summer,” Lois complained as she and Clark walked down the sidewalk toward her apartment.

“I want something tall and cold to drink,” he said as he kept pace with her, his jacket hooked on his finger where it was flung across his shoulder. It wasn’t that the temperature really bothered him, but it was hot and normal people would whither in weather like this. It was important for him to keep up appearances.

“And a double ice cream cone,” Lois added.

“Chocolate?” he asked her.

“Is there any other kind?” she wanted to know with a grin.

He laughed softly as they turned the corner. “Why don’t we hop in your Jeep and head up to New Troy Lake? We could take a swim, buy an ice cream along the way.”

Her brow arched as she looked at him. For a second he was sure she was going to say no. When she answered, he grew hotter for an entirely different reason.

“I’ll grab my suit,” she tossed flippantly, as if she and Clark went swimming together every day.

Truth was they had never been swimming together… at least not intentionally.

Less than twenty minutes later they were headed out of town, swim suits and towels tucked into bags on the backseat. Clark had packed a small cooler with a few drinks at his place and with any luck, he might talk her into grabbing dinner on the way home.

Lois opted to head straight to the lake, foregoing her sweet treat for now. Oh, brilliant reporter that he is, Clark never once gave thought to what water could do. It transformed Lois into a glistening figure of femininity that made him so glad to be a man. He could barely enjoy the cool water for looking at his hot partner. And she was wearing a very modest one piece suit.

A sleek, form fitting suit…

That accentuated every curve.

They played for a while before leaving the refreshing water to trek to a concession stand near the entrance to the park they had chosen. With two large ice cream cones in hand, they settled on a bench to watch some children on a playground several feet away. Clark had chosen rocky road, while Lois ordered regular chocolate.

“So… this was nice,” Lois commented after a few moments. “I’m glad you suggested it.”

“Me, too,” Clark replied. It was all he could do to concentrate on his cool treat because Lois was still wearing her bathing suit. And she looked incredible.

“Why don’t you let me taste your ice cream cone?”

His brows shot toward his hair and he turned to stare at her. “What?”

“I want to taste yours,” she said with a grin.

“You want to… lick my ice cream cone?”

“Well, duh. How else would I taste it?”

He gulped at the thought of her tongue moving over his cone…

And his tongue moving over his cone…

To cover his stunned disbelief, and sudden desire, he grinned at her. “You’re not sticking your tongue on my ice cream.”

“Oh, please. You’ve had your tongue in my mouth.”

He nearly spit the ice cream in his mouth out when she said that. He gawked at her as if she had two heads. “Your memory is better than mine because I don’t recall that. And I’m pretty sure I would have.”

She grinned at him, as if she knew something he didn’t.

Then she reached out and grabbed his hand, pulling his cone toward her mouth. Without taking her eyes from his, she stuck her tongue out and drew it up the side of his ice cream. He nearly floated off the bench as she smacked her lips.

“Think about it, Clark.” She stood up and reached out to run her fingers through his hair on the side of his head. “Or should I say Superman?” she whispered before walking away.

Clark was left with his mouth hanging open. He had taken his glasses off earlier… and his hair had been slicked back from the water. He had been careless, his mind running on half a cylinder thinking about Lois in a bathing suit… and seeing Lois in a bathing suit…

Lois wet in a bathing suit.

But when had he had his tongue in her mouth? Obviously as Superman…

Like you could have forgotten that day? He had been stunned when she deepened the kiss.

‘The airport… after the pheromone incident,’ came the whisper from his partner to match the images he was recalling in his head. ‘And for the record, I’ve known for a while. Two men who kiss the same, even without tongue? Please. I’m the best in the business for a reason.’

Clark could only shake his head as he stood to head toward the path where his partner was ambling along. When he reached her side, she bumped his hip and grinned at him, causing him to laugh softly.

“So… you gonna give me another lick of your ice cream cone?” she asked playfully.

Clark’s soft laughter filled the air even as he held out his treat. “I’m glad we bought ice cream,” he told her. And even more thrilled she wasn’t mad at him. Just maybe that would help later… when he tried to put his tongue back in her mouth.