Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#88076 07/13/12 10:29 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

I'm caving from FDK withdrawl. I know many of my readers are off on their own vacations... but I'll take what I can get. wink I'll try to respond to comments this week, but RL (and my family) is dragging my away from my computer, so no promises. Part 24 should be posted on July 23rd as promised.

Many apologies to Tank, but, well, this development was foreshadowed in Another Lois. Rest assured it is only a minor, and temporary, subplot. laugh

So, what do you think of my two Jimmy solution?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/27/14 01:58 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
“Lois,” he said, his voice still quiet, so their conversation wouldn’t be overheard by Alan Morris and his body unmoving. “You were angry, in pain, and you were drunk.” He pushed a wayward lock of hair behind her ear. “I didn’t want to take advantage of you.”
Awww, that's so sweet! Too bad Lois is sick of it.

“Well, who asked you to protect me? Mr. Love-‘em-and-Leave-‘em? Maybe I wanted… needed some escape from my life for one night, to know that someone found me attractive, and wanted me, and you weren’t there for me,” Lois defended her bruised ego, still shoving on the door to get it closed. “I can’t believe I thought you cared.”

“Fine. I give up, Lois,” Clark said, throwing his hands into the air. “The next time you get inebriated and beg me to sleep with you, I’ll turn off my morals and cave. Is that what you want?”
Oh I just know this is going to come back and bite them in the patootie!

clap clap clap clap I'm just waiting with baited breath for the PML Chapter. It's going to be a lot of fun to see how they're different there.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
X
Blogger
Blogger
X
Asking Cat to bid against Lois, so that Lois wouldn’t have had a chance at winning a date with Superman, had not helped matters any. Cat had said she would be happy to oblige as she’d like nothing more than a date with Superman. Clark had felt like banging his head against a concrete wall in frustration; not as if that would have done him, or the concrete wall, any good.
Not your brightest idea of the day.

It wouldn’t do any good for his reputation or for Lois’ safety for Superman to go off half-cocked and punch Luthor for talking to the woman he loved, no matter how tempting the desire had been.
Maybe not, but it would be fun to watch!

“How could he not like you, Lois?” Clark asked her, digging himself deeper into that hole he had hoped to avoid by telling her that she and Superman could only be friends. “Someone as wonderful, funny, intelligent, beautiful, and determined as you. I know if you felt for me what you do for him, there wouldn’t be anything stopping me from taking you into my arms and whisking you away to the stars. So, he must have a darn good reason.
Awww, how cute!

“Come on, Chuck, whisk me to the stars. Be my own personal super man. Make me forget him.”
This can't end well...

Two Jimmys!? Didn't see that coming.

“Lois,” he said, his voice still quiet, so their conversation wouldn’t be overheard by Alan Morris and his body unmoving. “You were angry, in pain, and you were drunk.” He pushed a wayward lock of hair behind her ear. “I didn’t want to take advantage of you.”

“Well, who asked you to protect me? Mr. Love-‘em-and-Leave-‘em? Maybe I wanted… needed some escape from my life for one night, to know that someone found me attractive, and wanted me, and you weren’t there for me,” Lois defended her bruised ego, still shoving on the door to get it closed. “I can’t believe I thought you cared.”

“Fine. I give up, Lois,” Clark said, throwing his hands into the air. “The next time you get inebriated and beg me to sleep with you, I’ll turn off my morals and cave. Is that what you want?”
Ooooh, I wouldn't have said that if I were you...

I wouldn’t beg you to sleep with me if my life depended on it. So, don’t hold your breath, Chuck
I bet you will.

Can't wait for the 23rd!

X

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois is a bit confused in this story and she is confusing the heck out of Clark. Maybe it is all because he is the wrong Clark, but he should be the right Clark. It seems like a long way already to take them together. I am not sure how and where you are going to get them to their right mates. Clark needs a Lois and Lois needs a Clark. But dead Clark needs to be saved. And dead Lois needs to be saved, unless she is not really dead and hiding in an alt dimension. Maybe you can get dead Lois and dead Clark together? LOL Ok it is late and I am rambling. More soon!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Cat sashayed up to him before Clark entered the Monday morning meeting. “I told you jealousy works. Did she even thank you for rescuing her from Luthor at the bar?”
Oh. And goofy

Luthor had moved on to more interested pastures.
Ooooh! Nice phrase!

. “I tried to make him jealous, Clark, by bidding on Luthor,”
clap

“Did you ever think that this was as hard for him as it is for you?”
Not helping.

I know if you felt for me what you do for him, there wouldn’t be anything stopping me from taking you into my arms and whisking you away to the stars. So, he must have a darn good reason.”
He really likes to roundabout and around again, huh?

No matter how hard I try not to, I can’t help liking you, even if you are totally wrong.”
Awww… Especially when you add an inebriated slur to it.

“Come on, Chuck, get me out of this place, and take me home.”
eek

“Come on, Chuck, whisk me to the stars. Be my own personal super man. Make me forget him.”
evil

He knew that since he wanted to have a serious life-long relationship with Lois, he couldn’t start it off with a drunken one night stand. She never would have forgiven him, and he would never have forgiven himself.
Actually. It worked out great in Pam Jernigan’s Hubris series. And of course, Wendy Richards’ Faux Pas. Okay, both where not really out-of-their-mind drunk, but still probably a tad mellowed.

Yes, Lois Lane regretted her actions on Saturday night and was blaming him again for some reason. He didn’t know why. He had acted like a perfect gentleman.
/raises hand with suggestion/

A young man with tawny hair falling into his eyes and wearing a retro styled bowling shirt entered the conference room. “You wanted me?”
laugh Plus, the female interns had better watch out.

The brunette Jimmy answered, “Michael.”
laugh

“Bartholomew,” replied the blonde Jimmy.
Not ‘Justin’? Oh, they used B. on the show?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
but if he could fly, who was to say that another man couldn’t be invisible?
Because it’s physically improbable.

“Jimbo, this is Clark Kent, whom I call CK. He is the King when it comes to women.”
/waits for Lois to break a fork on Clark’s thigh/

and said she could picture his name written across the sky.
clap

Trust me. Anyway, CK’s still pining for her, so it could get messy, work wise,” James told his cousin.
clap

Clark bolted straight up in bed. Well, not in bed, per se, as he was hovering above it. He could have sworn he heard Lois scream.
Oh boy.

“Hello?”

“Clark?” It was Lois. Thank God! “Get over here,” she demanded.
clap

Lois opened the door to see Clark, dressed in a denim blue long sleeve polo and faded jeans, looking sexy as hell and standing in her hall.
laugh

Her eyes widened and she ran to her sister’s room. It was empty; her bed unslept in.
confused

“I’m going to kill him!” she screamed.
huh

“Jimmy,” she growled in response to the question with whom her sister had gone out.
Ooooh! Does older Jimmy run away with Lucy?

“From a fluorescent light bulb. A fluorescent light bulb turns invisible light into visible light. I reversed the process.
Umm… I think he’s just a mass-hypnotist or something because the opposite of visible light is blackness, not transparency. Yeah. There are some experiments with metamaterials that can bend light around an object. But it’s not that portable right now. Not something you build from a couple of fluorescent lightbulbs you got at LexCo.

“Oh, really? What do you call the other night, then? I practically threw myself at you, and you didn’t want to have anything to do with me! Whisk me away to the stars, my fat fanny! What? I’m not good enough for you, Chuck, is that it? Just because I don’t have as much experience as Cat Grant… The entire MetNet cheer squad doesn’t have as much experience as Cat…”
She really does have an easily bruised ego, doesn’t she?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Lois! I have never slept with Cat Grant,” Clark told her once more.

“Yeah, right. Fine. Had sex with. Whatever. Just get out,” she said, pushing on her front door again.
hyper

“Yeah, well, the last time I got drunk before last Saturday night, was when Claude stole my story, and I wouldn’t beg you to sleep with me if my life depended on it. So, don’t hold your breath, Chuck,” she said, finally getting him to move into the hall and slamming the door in his face.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
/starts doing happy dance/ [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Yes, so I interpreted this as the necessary setup for them consummating during PML. So sue me.

She knew it was a double standard, but there it was.
wave Michael

PS: Please? Pretty please? [Linked Image] And am hoping you’re enjoying your vacation. Well, that you kids give you a chance to have some vacation?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oops. Double posted. Since this was the shorter of the two, I'll delete this one. grumble Laptop. I miss my desktop. frown

Okay, full responses are below. wave

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sneaking onto the laptop to try to answer FDK quickly while everyone is busy at the pool. thumbsup

Not your brightest idea of the day.
No, probably not. But as a hero, planning isn't his strongsuit.

Maybe not, but it would be fun to watch!
True, but the aftermath to Superman's reputation wouldn't be.

Awww, how cute!
blush Thank you.

This can't end well...
No?

Two Jimmys!? Didn't see that coming.
Just trying to answer some of the questions the show left us with.

Ooooh, I wouldn't have said that if I were you...
hee hee hee <<whistles innocently>>

I bet you will.
Think Lois is going to cave, huh? wave

VirginiaR.
---
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Love your solution to the two Jimmy problem. I still think Lois craving chocolate is linked to Men in Black III. (PM if you want details, I don't want to spoil anything.)

Poor Clark can't win with Lois. But it wasn't always easy for the Clark in this dimension either.

Enjoy that vacation!

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
Love your solution to the two Jimmy problem. I still think Lois craving chocolate is linked to Men in Black III. (PM if you want details, I don't want to spoil anything.)

Poor Clark can't win with Lois. But it wasn't always easy for the Clark in this dimension either.

Enjoy that vacation!

Joan
Thanks, Joan. I hope you had fun on your vacation, too. I'm happy not to be Krispy Kreme (aka lobster red). Horse riding lesson got post-poned until tomorrow, so I have a few minutes before I go off on my next spa treatment. (My sister likes to play dress up with me. I don't care. I know there's a hotty under this mom facade, but for some people it's important that they can see it. huh I personally think what's under the skin that matters more.)

NO! Please, no spoilers on MIB 3. I'll catch it on DVD (as I do for most movies). <<Need to add to Netflix wishlist. Thanks for the reminder!>> Although, I'm pretty tempted to catch the new Total Recall.

The two Jimmys idea came to me after I finished writing Another Lois but before I finished posting it. I thought S1 Jimmy is so different from S2-4 Jimmy how am I going to make this work. My apologies for killing off Michael Landes Jimmy in alt-dimension and Lois' 2nd life in this alt-canon-dimension. More fun with the Jimmys during this summer arc. Let me know if I don't make it clear which Jimmy is talking.

S1 Lois never makes it easy for S1 Clark. That's what we loved about this show. Plus, she promised Old Clark she wouldn't fall for New Clark. Let's just say their road is a little bumpier than in canon. wink

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Where is the next post?

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's still at least 48 hours away. Possibly as many as 64.

help Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
23! I'm caught up! smile1

Michael: wave

Oh. And How did drunk! Lois react to Clark?
Flashback, baby!

Grape juice. Apple juice. Apple cider. Whatever. I’m sure Lois trained during her formatting years in college.
Unlike the Lois from Smallville I'm assuming that this Lois doesn't like to lose control (ever) and doesn't like to drink her problems away because that did her mother so much good (NOT!). So, I'm thinking no, she was too busy investigating the football team to go out drinking in college.

Luthor had moved on to more interested pastures.

Ooooh! Nice phrase!
blush Thank you. Unfortunately for Clark... Oh, wait, maybe I didn't... never mind. Let's just say, he could be wrong. laugh Okay, it was in this part. Lois DID say 'yes' to a future date, because she was at an emotionally weak place in her life and two glasses of champagne too many.

Not helping.
As with canon Clark, it's difficult for him to watch an out-of-control Lois in pain.

He really likes to roundabout and around again, huh?
He did mention the "utter failure" Saturday night had been, right?

I thought that’s what copious amounts of alcohol were for?
She didn't drink that much. She was after tipsy, before blind drunk.

Actually. It worked out great in Pam Jernigan’s Hubris series. And of course, Wendy Richards’ Faux Pas. Okay, both where not really out-of-their-mind drunk, but still probably a tad mellowed.
Ooooh. Goodie! More recommendations.

I did not see that one coming.
clap Luckily she was out of the room by that point.

So, she not only remembers her last life but the one before that, too?
Hello, Luthor House for the Mentally Unstable? I'd like to book a suite, under the name of Lane. Lois Lane, please.

Looks like he really was in a relationship.
clap All the crap of a relationship with none of the good stuff.

Too late, Lois.
Yep, she's hooked.

Sounds like she needs to ‘work out’ (read: have lots of sex with Clark) to burn the calories off again.
Don't worry, she comes up with another type of exercise program.

Ooooh! Does older Jimmy run away with Lucy?
[Linked Image] /pst. Older James made it through to the next summer in canon/

Umm… I think he’s just a mass-hypnotist or something because the opposite of visible light is blackness, not transparency. Yeah. There are some experiments with metamaterials that can bend light around an object. But it’s not that portable right now. Not something you build from a couple of fluorescent lightbulbs you got at LexCo.
Sorry, canon dialogue. My apologies if the original doesn't hold up in the real world. I was a classics major.

She really does have an easily bruised ego, doesn’t she?
She was rejected by Superman and then rejected by a man who said he wanted to 'whisk her away to the stars'. Yep, she's feeling bruised.

/starts doing happy dance/
Yes, so I interpreted this as the necessary setup for them consummating during PML. So sue me.
clap

How about two million?
She'll get back to you... just kidding. That would also be a 'no'.

Oh dear. That’s foreshadowing, isn’t it? Her being stuck with two Jimmy Olsens…

/smells a rat/
Is it? <<bats eyelashes innocently>>

Hey! Where’s part 24? Hmm… /taps foot in exasperation/
Coming up when I finish this FDK.

And am hoping you’re enjoying your vacation. Well, that you kids give you a chance to have some vacation?
Yes. And, no, not really.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
23! I'm caught up!
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And he didn’t get any break-up sex and later pity-sex either. And he wasn’t interested in the rebound sex with Cat. Wait. Maybe he and Superman really do live and sleep and shower together.
Ummm. Yeah, they do. Same person. Kind of hard not to. laugh

Kicking Clark? Chasing after Superman? Climbing the Jaws of Death? (It’s the name of the mountain cliff up north of Metropolis)
[Linked Image]

One has learned to suffer. More or less graciously.
Oh, the suffering! <<swoons dramatically>>

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
<<innocent Virginia>>
Okay, it can't just be what's in the next part, can it? It's got to be her using the sex-diet with Clark, right? Since she figures out his figure is because of his nocturnal activities. Right?

wave Michael

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
It seems no matter what Clark does he loses. Hopefully he will see that Lois' temporary anger is better than her permanent anger. She may yell at him now, but she will move past it.

Lois exploding at Clark for not taking advantage of her while she was drunk does seem a bit much, but at some level makes sense.

In the end though I think he has not learned the right lessons from dealing with Lana. He needs to know that he cannot control Lois. He should just accept that Lois loves Superman truly and deeply, and tell her the truth. Of course if he did this would be a short story.

On the other hand, I may be underestimating both the hurt and the hallowness. He has seen unending hallowness in his other demension. Still, his noble rejection of Lois as Superman is unwisely putting her at risk. What Clark needs to realize is that the only way to protect Lois is to stand between her and the bad guys. Nothing he does can make it so they stop hunting her.

I am liking this story, but have to say it is much more emotionally high strung than the L&C TV show. It probably does not help that this Clark loved Lois before he saw her, and thus had a higher level of need for self control when he first flew with her. His lack of parents to turn to is also causing him to do a little more stupid things. On the other hand in the show the real Clark shot himself in the foot a lot, so this is not much worse.

In fact, he has laid down the law to Lois on the impossibility of a relationship much sooner. It seems to not have worked at all. Of course in the TV show it was not his laying down the law but Lois deciding that Clark was really the guy for her. In fact in the second season Superman and Clark were both courting Lois, although once in a while Superman would try to point Lois to Clark. The real dancing with Lois, especially when Lois thought Clark loved Mayson, was not in any way an attempt by Clark to move Lois away from Superman and towards Clark.

So I guess I should be patient. Still, the fact that this is the wrong Clark should make me not root for him at all I try to tell myself. Well, I try to tell myself that, but another part of me say, let this Clark hook up with this Lois, and if they get the right Clark back, we can just take him to Alt-Clark's dimension and have him save that Lois and hide out with her until after when that Clark left. Probably not going to happen, but it is a possibility.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
It seems no matter what Clark does he loses. Hopefully he will see that Lois' temporary anger is better than her permanent anger. She may yell at him now, but she will move past it.

Lois exploding at Clark for not taking advantage of her while she was drunk does seem a bit much, but at some level makes sense.
It's not as bad of an explosion than it would have been if he HAD taken advantage.

In the end though I think he has not learned the right lessons from dealing with Lana. He needs to know that he cannot control Lois. He should just accept that Lois loves Superman truly and deeply, and tell her the truth. Of course if he did this would be a short story.
He's having trouble with this. He's trying to nudge her towards his Clark self, but then she basically wants nothing to do with him, so to get any time with her at all Superman shows back up. Yes, it's a vicious circle.

On the other hand, I may be underestimating both the hurt and the hallowness. He has seen unending hallowness in his other demension. Still, his noble rejection of Lois as Superman is unwisely putting her at risk.
How does it put Lois at risk? It doesn't mean he's going to ignore her.

What Clark needs to realize is that the only way to protect Lois is to stand between her and the bad guys. Nothing he does can make it so they stop hunting her.
CLARK: I'm trying!

I am liking this story, but have to say it is much more emotionally high strung than the L&C TV show. It probably does not help that this Clark loved Lois before he saw her, and thus had a higher level of need for self control when he first flew with her. His lack of parents to turn to is also causing him to do a little more stupid things. On the other hand in the show the real Clark shot himself in the foot a lot, so this is not much worse.
Yeah. Emotional high strung. Yep, that's this story all right. clap I always found Clark a very emotional character.

In fact, he has laid down the law to Lois on the impossibility of a relationship much sooner. It seems to not have worked at all.
CLARK: I did try.

YODA: Do or not do. There is no try.

CLARK: Yeah, yeah. Easier said than done, there green guy.

Of course in the TV show it was not his laying down the law but Lois deciding that Clark was really the guy for her.
Yes, Clark hasn't quite learned that he can't force her hand in this, but that it has to be her decision.

In fact in the second season Superman and Clark were both courting Lois, although once in a while Superman would try to point Lois to Clark. The real dancing with Lois, especially when Lois thought Clark loved Mayson, was not in any way an attempt by Clark to move Lois away from Superman and towards Clark.
clap Good Point.

So I guess I should be patient.
Always recommend for my epics.

Still, the fact that this is the wrong Clark should make me not root for him at all I try to tell myself.
CLARK: Great. There's no way for me to win, is there?

Well, I try to tell myself that, but another part of me say, let this Clark hook up with this Lois, and if they get the right Clark back, we can just take him to Alt-Clark's dimension and have him save that Lois and hide out with her until after when that Clark left. Probably not going to happen, but it is a possibility.
[Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard