Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Part 22

Part 23

Not Seeing Double

Cat sashayed up to him before Clark entered the Monday morning meeting. “I told you jealousy works. Did she even thank you for rescuing her from Luthor at the bar?”

“Can we talk about this later?” Clark grumbled, not wanting to discuss what an utter failure Saturday night had been on all fronts.

True, his participation in the auction had garnered fifty thousand dollars for blind children, but to what expense? Not only had Lois bid on Lex Luthor after him, but when she didn’t win that bid either she had gone to the bar and started drinking champagne like it was apple juice. When he saw Luthor approach Lois at the bar as Superman was leaving, Clark almost went into blind panic mode. What if Superman’s aloof behavior had caused Lois to go into the arms of someone like Luthor? And it all would be Clark’s fault for not telling Lois the truth about who he was, how he really truly loved her with his entire being, or, at least, for not telling Lois why he was ignoring her.

Asking Cat to bid against Lois, so that Lois wouldn’t have had a chance at winning a date with Superman, had not helped matters any. Cat had said she would be happy to oblige as she’d like nothing more than a date with Superman. Clark had felt like banging his head against a concrete wall in frustration; not as if that would have done him, or the concrete wall, any good.

As soon as Superman flew off, he returned to the function as Clark Kent. It wouldn’t do any good for his reputation or for Lois’ safety for Superman to go off half-cocked and punch Luthor for talking to the woman he loved, no matter how tempting the desire had been. Luckily, by the time Clark had walked into the function, Luthor had moved on to more interested pastures. Clark had only wished he had witnessed Lois blowing Luthor off. She hadn’t been thrilled to see Clark, but fortunately, in her depressive state, she hadn’t questioned his reasons for showing up at the charity auction.

Instead she had scoffed at her actions and poured herself another glass of champagne. “I tried to make him jealous, Clark, by bidding on Luthor,” Lois said, holding up her hand so he wouldn’t interrupt with another negative opinion of the billionaire. “It was pathetic. He didn’t even notice.” She had buried her head in her arms. “I really thought there was something between us, Clark. Perhaps I was wrong. Maybe I am no better than all those other obsessed women out there.” She sighed.

“Did you ever think that this was as hard for him as it is for you?” Clark had asked her softly, brushing a lock of her hair off her face.

Lois had gazed up at him, listening, so he had to go on.

“How could he not like you, Lois?” Clark asked her, digging himself deeper into that hole he had hoped to avoid by telling her that she and Superman could only be friends. “Someone as wonderful, funny, intelligent, beautiful, and determined as you. I know if you felt for me what you do for him, there wouldn’t be anything stopping me from taking you into my arms and whisking you away to the stars. So, he must have a darn good reason.”

She stared at him for a minute before resting her head upon his shoulder. He had actually thought she was going to open up and tell him what that reason was, but she didn’t. “You know for being one odd duck, Chuck, you sure are sweet. No matter how hard I try not to, I can’t help liking you, even if you are totally wrong.”

He hadn’t known how exactly to take that backwards compliment.

She wrapped her arm around his waist and murmured, “Come on, Chuck, get me out of this place, and take me home.”

Clark gulped. What had she just said? “I’ll get you a cab.”

She leaned her whole body against him, obviously worse the wear from the bubbly, her lips pressed to his ear, “Come on, Chuck, whisk me to the stars. Be my own personal super man. Make me forget him.”

He winced over her shoulder, knowing that was the last thing in the world their relationship needed, or what she really wanted. He hated that he had hurt her so badly that she would even consider this option.

So, he did the only thing he could do.

Clark took her down to the street, caught them a cab, taken her up to her apartment, unlocked all of her locks, walked her inside, handed her back her keys, and shut the door with him standing outside of it.

Lois hadn’t said one word to him all morning. She hadn’t even looked in his direction. Once again, he wasn’t surprised by this behavior. He had almost expected it. That, or a punch in the face. He was sure that she was mortified by her actions from the other night, humiliated that she had begged him to sleep with her to make her forget Superman. She probably wished she could forget the entire event had ever happened.

Clark knew he wished he could forget it. He wished there could have been a way for the two of them to make love and forget Superman, but since he was Superman, that really wasn’t an option. He wished that she had begged him to make love to her, because she had wanted to be with him, Clark; even that would have been more acceptable, if she hadn’t been drunk, if she hadn’t been hurting over Superman’s rejection, if he hadn’t been the one to cause that pain in the first place. Mostly, he wished she hadn’t put the idea into his head.

He knew that since he wanted to have a serious life-long relationship with Lois, he couldn’t start it off with a drunken one night stand. She never would have forgiven him, and he would never have forgiven himself.

“Cat,” Perry said, bringing the meeting back to order. “Now, anything new on Councilman Addison’s arrest last night?”

“I’m on my way to the house of ill repute to interview the lady in question,” Cat replied.

“Aren’t those also known as cathouses?” Lois asked, feigning innocence. She was sitting down on the other side of the table this morning, next to Eduardo Friaz, instead of her usual spot next to Clark.

Clark leaned forward to smile at her and catching his gaze, she returned a glower. He sat back in his chair and started tapping his pencil. Yes, Lois Lane regretted her actions on Saturday night and was blaming him again for some reason. He didn’t know why. He had acted like a perfect gentleman.

Cat gasped in faux surprise. “Lois made a joke.”

Clark looked up to the ceiling. Why did he agree to Cat’s condition to referee between the two of them? World peace seemed like an easier goal.

“All right, let’s see… Friaz, are you doing a follow-up on that armed robber who escaped from the state penitentiary?” Perry asked. “What’s his name?”

“Barnes,” Eduardo replied. “Big manhunt started last night. They think he may be headed for Metropolis.” He flipped through his papers, but ended up shaking his head. “Sorry, I thought I had copies of the flier here.”

“Jimmy, why don’t you…?” Perry started only to realize that Jimmy wasn’t in the room. “Jimmy! Drat, where is that kid? Olsen!” he yelled.

A young man with tawny hair falling into his eyes and wearing a retro styled bowling shirt entered the conference room. “You wanted me?”

“What the…?” their boss sputtered. “Who in the hell are you?”

Clark clamored to his feet, surprised to see his old boss coming into the room. “Mr. Olsen!”

Lois looked at Clark, staring at him in disbelief. “Mr. Olsen?” she asked with a raised brow as Clark dropped back down into his chair with reddened cheeks. “When have you ever called Jimmy ‘Mr. Olsen’?”

“That’s not Jimmy Olsen!” Perry said, pointing at the young man in question, and thankfully pulling the attention away from Clark’s error.

“Yes, I am,” this new Jimmy replied at the same time Lois and Clark both said, “Yes, he is.”

“He is?” Cat said equally confused as their boss, as she looked between the new Jimmy and Perry.

“Aw, shucks,” the dark haired Jimmy said as he walked into the conference room and wrapped an arm around the younger, blonder Jimmy’s shoulders. “I really hoped to pull a fast one on all of you. Man, that was smooth, but I couldn’t fool Lois or CK. How did you guys know?”

“What’s going on here?!” Perry asked, double finger pointing at the two Jimmy Olsens.

“Oh, right,” the dark haired Jimmy replied. “Everyone, this is Jimmy Olsen, one of our new summer interns, and my cousin.”

“Cousin?” Perry echoed.

“Well, first cousin, actually. We were both named after our grandpop, James Olsen. Anyway, Chief, you know how you wish you could clone me, so I could always be around when you needed me? Well, this summer, whenever you call Jimmy Olsen, one of the two of us, if not both, will show up,” said the dark haired Jimmy.

Eduardo chuckled and shook his head.

Clark still stared at the two Jimmys in shock. He had never seen the two of them together. In his dimension the older, dark haired Jimmy had died before the younger, if only by six months, blonder James Olsen had been convinced by Perry White to buy the Daily Planet, after the editor had been disgusted at the previous publisher’s desire to bury Lois Lane, despite her body having never been found. Clark and Perry had met James Olsen at Jimmy’s funeral and the three of them had bonded, mostly Perry and Mr. Olsen though as Clark had still been a fledgling reporter at the time, over their mutual desire to catch the elusive “Boss” who had been behind Jimmy’s murder. Clark had forgotten that when he had been in that other Clark’s dimension, this Jimmy hadn’t been owner of the paper, but that Clark’s researcher and photographer. That Jimmy Olsen had helped him find the old bomb shelters where Tempus had hidden Lois and Wells, and the computer with the key codes to the nuclear bombs. It was strange coincidence that in this dimension he was a lowly researcher as well.

“No, no, no. This won’t do. What if I want to get hold of a specific Jimmy?” Perry said, rubbing his brow. “I can’t keep calling for Jimmy Olsens until the correct one shows up. What are your middle names?”

The brunette Jimmy answered, “Michael.”

“Bartholomew,” replied the blonde Jimmy.

“Well, I could call you JM…” Perry said, pointing to his permanent employee. Then he moved his finger to the other Jimmy. “And you, JB.”

Jimmy B. Olsen’s top lip raised in obvious dislike of this suggestion. “JB? Jimmy B.? That’s not much better than all those B.O. jokes I heard in school.”

“What do you call your cousin?” Clark asked to the first Jimmy.

“Jimbo,” Jimmy said with a chortle.

“Personally, I liked Mr. Olsen,” Jimbo said with a grin, and Clark sunk lower into his chair and covered his face with his hand.

“JB. Jimbo. Yeah, works for me,” agreed Perry. “Okay, everybody, if you want the new kid, he’s ‘Jimbo’. If you want our old Jimmy, call ‘JM’. If it doesn’t matter, call for ‘Jimmy’.”

“How about just ‘James’?” Lois suggested, causing brunette Jimmy Michael Olsen to stand up straighter.

“I could be James for the summer,” the old Jimmy said with a nod.

Clark could see this turning into a comedy of errors with him calling the wrong Jimmy ‘James’. Luckily, he really had never gotten on a first name basis with his old boss.

“Okay, Jimbo, go get Friaz’s fliers off the copier. James, sit your butt down, you’re late,” Perry said, pointing at each man in turn.

“Yes, Chief,” both men said in unison.

James sat down next to Clark and held up a copy of a tabloid in which the headline read Invisible Robin Hood Strikes Again. “Hey, did anybody get a load of today’s National Whisper?”

“Oh, come on, Jimmy, don’t bring that trash in here. It’s a sorry excuse for a newspaper,” griped Perry.

Lois grabbed that tabloid out of James’ hand.

“Chief, it’s really smooth,” James went on. “This invisible guy breaks into the safe of the city’s most notorious slum lord, takes the cash, and then he hands it out to the tenants in one of his buildings.”

“Did you happen to notice the headline right next to it?” Lois asked him. “’Benjamin Franklin is alive and living in my electric blender’.” She tossed the tabloid into the center of the conference room table.

Clark reached over and took the paper to read about the invisible man. He normally didn’t pay much credence to such drivel since he knew ninety-five percent of the tabloid headlines about Superman had been pure fairy tales, but if he could fly, who was to say that another man couldn’t be invisible?

“Come on, kids,” Perry said, grabbing the paper out of Clark’s hands and tossing it aside. “Come on, let’s settle down now.”

Jimbo returned with the fliers and Eduardo waved for him to pass them out. “These ‘wanted’ posters go up today,” Eduardo told the Chief.

Perry nodded and stared down at the flier. “Okay, if there isn’t anything else. Let’s scoot and find me some news stories.”

Clark looked down at the flier in his hand. He hadn’t seen the guy, but he would be sure to keep an extra sharp lookout for him.

The newest Jimmy walked over to Clark and James.

“Hey, CK, this is my cousin, Jimmy,” James said to Clark. “Jimbo, this is Clark Kent, whom I call CK. He is the King when it comes to women.”

Clark’s jaw dropped and he shook his head. Where in the world had James gotten that idea? “No, I’m not, Jimmy.”

Cat walked behind him on the way out of the conference room, sliding her fingers across his shoulders, and ending with a kiss on his cheek. “Don’t sell yourself short, Clark,” she purred.

“Cat,” Clark warned, but it was too late. Lois had overheard the entire conversation, and she looked doubly ticked off at him.

“Lois!” James called to her before she had made it out the door. “How did you two know my cousin’s name?”

Lois shot a dagger from her eyes at Clark across the room, then turned to the two Jimmys, and shrugged. “Don’t know. I just did.”

Both Jimmys’ eyes went wide.

“You just did?” Jimbo said incredulously.

“It’s something she does at parties,” Clark clarified, covering for her.

She had been pretty good at guessing names since he met her: his, although Chuck was certainly no ‘Clark’, Superman’s, and Murray Brown’s. She had known his new entertainment broker’s name as soon as the man had accosted her the day he had walked into the bullpen. When Clark had asked her about it after Murray had left, she had just shrugged, and said she could picture his name written across the sky.

Lois sent Clark another cold stare, before agreeing with him. “Yeah. Parties.” She turned and marched out of the room.

“CK?” James asked, his eyes following Lois.

“I heard you two talking earlier,” Clark lied. Well, it was more of a misdirection than an actual lie. He had heard them talking, just not in private, not about their names, and not before the meeting.

“No, what’s up with Lois? Did you guys get into another fight?” James asked.

“Another fight?” Jimbo asked, confused.

“CK and Lois were secretly dating until she dumped his ass, no offense, CK, but she did, on the newsroom floor,” James clarified.

Terrific, thought Clark. He picked up his copy of the Barnes’ flier and stood up. “It seems that I crossed a line that she had drawn in the sand, which she neither informed me about nor what it represented.” Clark shrugged and headed out to his desk.

“Wow, she’s hot!” he overheard Jimbo say to his cousin after Clark was apparently out of earshot.

“Oh, yeah, that’s Cat Grant, steamiest woman in the office. She won’t give you the time of day. CK – the King – has gotten her too,” James explained.

Clark wanted to bury his head through the center of his desk. Would this torture never end? He had inadvertently tuned his super hearing into their conversation, and now he couldn’t turn it off.

“No… What? I thought you said her name was Lois?” Jimbo replied.

“What? Lois? No, it is better for your health if you think of Cat as sexy and hot. Lois… don’t even go there. Trust me. Anyway, CK’s still pining for her, so it could get messy, work wise,” James told his cousin.

Clark decided that it was a good time for Superman to fly to the Sahara desert and bury his head in the sand. Maybe then, he wouldn’t be able to hear the gossip floating around the office involving Clark’s many conquests and his unrequited love for Lois.

Clark bolted straight up in bed. Well, not in bed, per se, as he was hovering above it. He could have sworn he heard Lois scream. He fell back down onto his mattress as he concentrated on the nighttime sounds, searching for Lois. He didn’t hear anything more. Had it just been a dream? He couldn’t take that chance. Two seconds later he had spun into his blue Suit and was heading for the door to his balcony, when his phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Clark?” It was Lois. Thank God! “Get over here,” she demanded.

He exhaled and tried to slow down his racing heart.

“There’s an invisible man in my living room,” Lois continued.

“Huh? What? Are you sure?” he sputtered, quite sure he sounded like an idiot.

“Yes, I’m sure. The head talking to me without a body gave him away. Just because the Chief tied your invisible man story to my invisible robber story doesn’t mean strange invisible men are allowed to break into my apartment and wake me up. Either you pick this guy up or I’m calling ‘Help, Superman’ to have him arrested,” Lois told her temporary partner in no uncertain terms. She was definitely nervous. He noticed that she had a tendency to be long winded when she got flustered.

“Lois,” Clark reiterated, trying to calm her down. “Are you saying that Alan Morris is at your apartment?”

“Yes!” she growled. Okay, she was now back to normal.

“I’ll be right there,” Clark said, hanging up. He spun out of the blue Suit and into the clothes he had been wearing earlier that night. He opened his front door to a downpour. Great. In a flash, he retrieved his raincoat and threw it on over his clothes. Good thing he had heat vision or his clothes would be constantly soaked with all the rain they had been getting this week.

“You’re not going to hurt me, are you?” Lois asked, setting down her receiver and eyeing her unwelcome visitor.

“No, Ms. Lane, I would never hurt you or anyone. I’m sorry to have disturbed you. I couldn’t find Mr. Kent’s address in the phone book,” Mr. Morris said, moving towards her sofa. He had turned off his invisibility suit when she had screamed and was now standing there in a shiny white suit. “I didn’t mean to scare you. I just want to clear my name.”

“Stay right there,” she commanded and walked into her kitchen to retrieve a carton of chocolate ice cream from her freezer. For some strange reason, she had started craving it from the moment the invisible man appeared, or not appeared as this case dictated.

“I’m not the man who has been hurting and robbing people. That isn’t me,” said Mr. Morris.

“So, you didn’t steal the cash and hand it out to the tenants of that slum lord’s apartment house? You didn’t steal that catering truck and give the food to the homeless?” Lois asked, digging her spoon into the chocolaty goodness.

As the cool, rich ice cream filled her mouth, she closed her eyes and moaned. It was just what she needed; it was calming, soothing, relaxing, and made her feel like everything would be all right. It was almost as good as kissing Clark.

Her eyes popped open. What, no! That was not what she meant. Lois had not enjoyed kissing… okay, she had enjoyed kissing Clark, but only because she had been pretending she had been kissing Superman.

“Well, yes, Ms. Lane, I was the invisible Robin Hood,” Mr. Morris confessed, unsnapping his white invisibility suit and pulling it off. He was fully dressed in a quite innocent looking sweater vest and khakis underneath. “But I wouldn’t have hurt that mother in the robbery, and I certainly wouldn’t have vandalized the store. Someone has been impersonating me.”

“Uh-huh,” Lois mumbled, gazing down at her chocolate ice cream.

She had always loved chocolate ice cream, but recently her obsession had taken on a life of its own. She automatically went to the cool treat as her go-to stress buster. With everything between her on-again-off-again partnership with Clark to Superman’s distant behavior to her throwing herself at Clark the other night and him rejecting her, she felt like she was eating the stuff constantly. It was just withdrawal from missing Superman. Yes, that must be what was making her think of kissing Clark, of how his lips had felt against hers, of how he had held her gently, yet strongly, and how she hadn’t wanted the kiss to end. Oh, God, what was the matter with her? She had heard that chocolate was an aphrodisiac, but this was ridiculous.

She was happy to have these thoughts interrupted by a knock on her door a few minutes later. Lois opened the door to see Clark, dressed in a denim blue long sleeve polo and faded jeans, looking sexy as hell and standing in her hall.

“Clark,” she breathed. She dug her spoon back into her ice cream and stuck it into her mouth, stepping away from the door to show him her visitor. For some reason the combination of chocolate ice cream and Clark Kent made her life feel complete, as if the two of them went hand in hand. That was just plain crazy talk; Clark didn’t even like ice cream. She must be going insane or needed more sleep.

“Where’s Lucy?” Clark asked, coming into her apartment and shaking the rain off his coat. “Wasn’t she woken up?”

Lois glanced around, just remembering her sister. “I don’t know. I’m not her keeper. She had a date.” Her eyes widened and she ran to her sister’s room. It was empty; her bed unslept in. “I’m going to kill him!” she screamed.

“Who?” Clark asked, his brow furrowing. He glanced down at her carton of chocolate ice cream in disapproval.

Lois glared at him. Would he be so critical of her junk food craving if he knew she only ate chocolate ice cream whenever she missed him? Superman, not Clark. Superman! she corrected her wayward thoughts. She marched into her kitchen and dumped her ice cream back into her freezer. “Jimmy,” she growled in response to the question with whom her sister had gone out.

Clark was surprised. “Jimmy? Really?” He shook his head. “Well, good for…” He coughed, wisely stopping the rest of that thought. “Mr. Morris, I presume?” he said, moving over to her visitor with his hand extended. “Clark Kent.”

“Mr. Kent? Am I ever glad to see you,” said Mr. Morris. “Please, call me Alan. I was just telling Ms. Lane here, that I was the invisible Robin Hood, but I’m not the one doing these bad things. There’s another invisible man out there.”

“Let’s just start at the beginning,” Lois said, leaning against the arm of her sofa next to Clark. She didn’t feel like she had the willpower to sit down next to him at the moment. “Why?”

“It’s very simple, Ms. Lane. I became invisible to become visible again,” explained Alan Morris.

Lois shook her head, definitely sleep deprivation. “I’m not following.”

“At some point, I don’t remember exactly when, years ago, I just disappeared. I went to work every day, did the same thing, I drifted apart from my friends, Helene and I stopped talking,” Alan said with a sigh. “I guess she just lost interest in me. I became so invisible in my own life, I decided to do it for real. So, I started experimenting.”

“Where did you get the idea for the suit?” Clark asked.

“From a fluorescent light bulb. A fluorescent light bulb turns invisible light into visible light. I reversed the process. It took me fifteen years to build this suit,” said Alan, lifting up the paper light suit in his hand.

“Well, how come I can see it?” Lois asked.

“Because it isn’t activated,” explained Alan. “It has switches in the interior lining. Here…” He handed her a part of his suit. “Try on the hood.”

Lois put on the hood and pressed her lips together. She felt ridiculous and couldn’t see a difference. “See, I told you it wouldn’t work,” she told the men.

They just looked at her and chuckled, so she pulled it off again.

“Someone must have stolen my other suits. I made several back-ups.”

“Well, somebody did break into the basement,” Lois told him.

Alan Morris looked alarmed. “Is Helene…?”

“Don’t worry; she’s fine,” Lois reassured him, and watched as he relaxed. Despite his marital troubles with Helene, it was clear that he still cared for his wife.

“Will you help me stop whoever’s doing these things?” Alan asked her and Clark.

“Well, it’s not going to be easy. Invisibility is an incredible advantage,” Clark pointed out.

“And the person who could really help, Superman, is probably off signing a deal to start hawking cereal or some toy endorsement deal by now,” Lois grumbled.

Clark looked at her sadly. “Superman hawking cereal and toys, Lois? No,” he said with a shake of his head. “I don’t think so.”

“Well, you’re the one who introduced him to Murray Brown,” she snapped at her temporary partner. She stood up and started to pace. “That guy probably ate him for breakfast and spit out his bones. I wanted to warn Superman about that charlatan, but he won’t speak to me. He needs someone out there protecting him from the evils of this world, Clark, and you just fed him to the sharks.”

Clark held up a hand, and glanced over at Alan Morris. “Lois, we’ll talk about this later. Look, Alan, maybe you better stay at my place until this whole thing is resolved,” Clark suggested, standing up.

Alan nodded, grabbed his suits and coat, and stood up.

“Terrific idea,” Lois said, swinging open her apartment door to let them out. “And if you see Jimmy, tell him I’m no longer speaking with him.”

Clark paused at the door and looked at her, touching his mouth. “You’ve got chocolate on your lip, Lois.”

“Well, I’m not letting you kiss it off, buster, if that’s what you’re insinuating,” she scoffed at him. “I’ve had enough of your rejection to last a lifetime.” She pushed on the door to get him to leave faster, but Clark wouldn’t budge.

“Whoa, there, Lois, what are you talking about?” he asked softly. “I’ve never rejected you. You broke up with me, remember.”

“Oh, really? What do you call the other night, then? I practically threw myself at you, and you didn’t want to have anything to do with me! Whisk me away to the stars, my fat fanny! What? I’m not good enough for you, Chuck, is that it? Just because I don’t have as much experience as Cat Grant… The entire MetNet cheer squad doesn’t have as much experience as Cat…”

“Lois! I have never slept with Cat Grant,” Clark told her once more.

“Yeah, right. Fine. Had sex with. Whatever. Just get out,” she said, pushing on her front door again.

“Lois,” he said, his voice still quiet, so their conversation wouldn’t be overheard by Alan Morris and his body unmoving. “You were angry, in pain, and you were drunk.” He pushed a wayward lock of hair behind her ear. “I didn’t want to take advantage of you.”

“Well, who asked you to protect me? Mr. Love-‘em-and-Leave-‘em? Maybe I wanted… needed some escape from my life for one night, to know that someone found me attractive, and wanted me, and you weren’t there for me,” Lois defended her bruised ego, still shoving on the door to get it closed. “I can’t believe I thought you cared.”

“Fine. I give up, Lois,” Clark said, throwing his hands into the air. “The next time you get inebriated and beg me to sleep with you, I’ll turn off my morals and cave. Is that what you want?”

“Yeah, well, the last time I got drunk before last Saturday night, was when Claude stole my story, and I wouldn’t beg you to sleep with me if my life depended on it. So, don’t hold your breath, Chuck,” she said, finally getting him to move into the hall and slamming the door in his face.

Lois slid down the door and let the silent tears run down her face. She had no idea where that outburst had come from. If Clark had taken advantage of her when she had been drunk, he had been right, she never would’ve spoken with him again. Still his rejection of her had hurt, especially after Superman had ignored her. She knew it was a double standard, but there it was. Superman didn’t want her. Clark didn’t want her. Hey, at least, she still had that make-up date with Lex Luthor she had arranged. Not that she would sleep with that man for a million dollars, but it had been nice to have been asked out. Truthfully, there was only one man Lois wanted to be with. “Oh, Superman,” she murmured. “Why?”

Her sister Lucy was lucky not to be stuck with her problems.

***End of Part 23***

Part 24

Let me know what you think of this new plot development. Don't delay, post your Comments today. Or tomorrow. Or whenever. Just post them.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/27/14 01:57 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.