OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

smile1

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/27/14 01:59 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I was a little confused bu the Cat kiss thing, until you cleared it up in this thread, I thought it was imagined by Lois. I am still hoping this Clark gets Lois's real Clark back and then goes home to get his Lois. It seems that it is going to take a very long time to get there. Are you going to get this LnC together first or just torture Clark for a long time. You have Luthor in this too and it seems as if a whole story line is developing with him. I have a feeling this is going to take as long as the series did :-) Whatever you decide to do, I will be along for the ride, no matter how frustrating. I do like Cat it this story. Jimmy is cute too, but I hope you don't spend a lot of time on him. More sooner then later if possible. I hate waiting weeks for a story to post, it makes you lose the momentum. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Lois swore that the first chance she got, she was going to insist that Superman tell her how to contact him directly, so she could cut out this middle man. “Where in the world? What things? Who did he talk to? What did they discuss? This only goes to prove that you don’t have what it takes to be a reporter, Clark, let alone my partner,” she snapped.
Whoa, taking out on the messenger much?

Lois harrumphed and shot a scowl at her former partner. He looked different today. She pressed her lips together and studied him, trying to figure out what it was. She took a sip of the coffee he had brought her – perfect, of course – and stiffened as the difference hit her straight in the chest, causing it to ache.

Clark wasn’t wearing a tie at all, just a black Oxford, buttoned all the way up to his neck, which was wrong, a completely wrong look for him. He had styled his hair in another way, too. It was no longer parted down the middle with a curl coming down on either side of his forehead. Now, it was more on top of his head, fluffier, but one curl still trying to sneak down on the right side, more like the style she given him the other night, when she realized he was lying about who he was. It was all wrong. This new look made him seem sexier somehow.
*snort* Make up your mind, girl! Do you think he's sexy (and you know it) or not???

He reached into his back pocket to pull out his wallet to look at his folks’ photo, when he remembered he had locked it in the safety deposit box with the remainder of his gold.
Awwww... It's time's like this I remember that this Clark doesn't exactly have his parents to vent things to, unlike the original (canon) Clark. Lois can help sometimes but I'm sure there are times (like situations involving Lois) that he would love to be fully turthful with her.

He saw Jonathan lean over and kiss Martha’s cheek for no reason at all, except that he loved her. He watched as Martha squeezed Jonathan’s hand reassuringly in return. It had given Clark hope to see that these people, who were essentially his folks, were still in love; hope that his folks, had they not died, would have still been just in love; hope that he himself might succeed in his romantic endeavors with Lois.
Looks like he still has his role-models in love. And at least this time it's going to be obvious that they survived as a couple through adverse times.

Friday night, he hadn’t slept well, and he didn’t think it was because he was lying on a pile of blankets on a hard wood floor. When he had finally allowed himself to go to “bed,” he had ended up dwelling on what Lois had told him before storming out of his apartment, about how he wasn’t really living there.
While part of her reaction was due to the fact that canon Clark could furnish his room with travel mementos in seconds flat (my head-canon is that he had stashed it all up in the barn until he had his own place.) That sort of thing makes a difference.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi Virginia!

A bonus! Just a few days before my vacation: it's great! wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I'm with Syndey, love Clark secretly helping the Kents.

How interesting - that Alt-Clark is trying not to get too attached to this dimension. In a way, I can't blame him. I love that Lois catches on that this Superman knows how to speak to a crowd.

How like Lex to rig the auction. And Lois does become more attractive to Lex, if it's a way to get to Superman too.

Have a great vacation!

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Laura: I address what Cat's doing in 23, but since that's not posting for a while, I didn't want you all going "What's going on? Clark's hooked up with Cat over the course of the last week?" laugh

I am still hoping this Clark gets Lois's real Clark back and then goes home to get his Lois. It seems that it is going to take a very long time to get there.
The fate of this dimension's original Clark will be in the balance until the end... and yes, it will take a while to get there.

Are you going to get this LnC together first or just torture Clark for a long time.
So, you're saying I can't do both? help Oh, the spoiler police say I can't say anymore about Jimmy. laugh

I hate waiting weeks for a story to post, it makes you lose the momentum.
Hmmm. Well, I could post 23 on Friday, before I head out of town... then it would only be like 10 days until my next posting. We'll see... if I do that then I'd have to prep 24 for a quick posting when I get back and I guess that's possible.

Thanks for the long FDK, Laura. wave

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Christina: Messenger? What "Messenger"? Clark enacted the guy code with Superman so he couldn't date Lois because Clark wanted her. THAT'S why she's dumping her faux boyfriend, Clark! wink

*snort* Make up your mind, girl! Do you think he's sexy (and you know it) or not???
clap Can she think he's sexy, but that it's wrong to find a man who's not her soul mate (Superman) attractive? And, therefore, be in total denial about it?

Awwww... It's time's like this I remember that this Clark doesn't exactly have his parents to vent things to, unlike the original (canon) Clark. Lois can help sometimes but I'm sure there are times (like situations involving Lois) that he would love to be fully turthful with her.
See, this is why Clark needs Cat to be his friend and confidant with. Not quite the same as Mom and Dad (or wholesome), but at least she's someone.

Looks like he still has his role-models in love. And at least this time it's going to be obvious that they survived as a couple through adverse times.
M&J are great role models for love, which is why they are necessary for the story. More on them later. Plus a trip down memory S1 lane without the Kents would be sad.

he had ended up dwelling on what Lois had told him before storming out of his apartment, about how he wasn’t really living there.

While part of her reaction was due to the fact that canon Clark could furnish his room with travel mementos in seconds flat (my head-canon is that he had stashed it all up in the barn until he had his own place.) That sort of thing makes a difference.
This is actually Clark misunderstanding Lois' "wrong" comment, and putting his own interpretation on it. Yes, that seems like a good explaination on how Clark furnished his apartment so quickly when he only came to Metropolis with one old beat up suitcase (unless of course that suitcase was a relation to Mary Poppins' old carpet bag or had once been owned by Heromine Granger).

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sydney:
<strong> Hi Virginia!

A bonus! Just a few days before my vacation: it's great! wave

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
I'm with Syndey, love Clark secretly helping the Kents.
That's what he does when he feels guilty about his relationship with Lois. So, in other words, they won't really be needing that extra farmhand this summer.

How interesting - that Alt-Clark is trying not to get too attached to this dimension. In a way, I can't blame him.
He's been busy, that's all, but he's trying to find meaning in Lois' strange rant at his apartment.

I love that Lois catches on that this Superman knows how to speak to a crowd.
Well, he's had a year more experience as Superman than canon Clark did at this point.

How like Lex to rig the auction. And Lois does become more attractive to Lex, if it's a way to get to Superman too.
Who says he didn't rig it in canon too? evil

Have a great vacation!
You too, Joan!

VirginiaR.
---
X
Blogger
Blogger
X
I was so excited when I read this yesterday! I didn't have enough time to review though, my day got kinda crazy. But I was on time to work! smile

I liked that Clark was back in Smallville helping out on the farm. Especially liked him fixing up the garden. Are the Kents going to be in it more soon?

Cat laughed. “Come on, Clark. She’s delusional if she thought that there was anything between…” The joy slid off her face as she stared at CK and her eyes bugged. He must have been sending her some kind of signals that Jimmy couldn’t read, because she understood something in Clark’s expression that he couldn’t. “No! You… Her?... But… How?... When?... She… ” This was the first time, he had ever seen Cat stunned by gossip. “Really?”
Cat, speechless? smile I liked Jimmy here too.

“Oh, hi, Lois, I didn’t see you there,” Cat said, insinuating that Lois was invisible. “Don’t get your knickers in a twist, Lois. I’m just here for the view.”
I'd be there too...

As the bidding reached closer to ten thousand dollars Lex knew it must be coming to an end; he was sure no one would bid higher for the newcomer Superman than they would probably pay for well-known billionaire Lex Luthor, without a little help from himself, that was. He nodded to his plant, the diamond obsessed heiress he had slept with the night before who had happily promised to do this favor for Lex in exchange for his little token of his regard currently draped around her neck. She would offer such an exorbitant amount of money, donated to her coffers thanks to Lex Luthor, she was sure to win.
Way to rig the auction, Lex. Doesn't surprise me though.

Can't wait for the next part! What do I have to do to have you post on Friday??

Enjoy your vacation!

X

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
X Phile: Thanks for the long FDK! hyper

I liked that Clark was back in Smallville helping out on the farm. Especially liked him fixing up the garden. Are the Kents going to be in it more soon?
Yes. Define "soon". laugh

Cat, speechless?
Cat can't believe that Clark's claiming that he had an actual relationship with Lois before she dumped him. But he refuses to make Lois look bad, so he's claiming they did.

I liked Jimmy here too.
More on Jimmy in Part 23.

I'd be there too...
wave

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Less than Partners Again
So, who gets custody of the Godzilla doll?

Please let me know if any of the missing scenes should be written and included, because you got lost without them. Thanks.
Good question. I definitely don’t mind a recap of the regular stuff that’s boilerplated from the show. I did miss the new bits though and would love to see those shown instead of told. Especially the LnC stuff blush The…edgier bits.

Most of the weekend though, he had spent in Smallville, helping out on the Kent family farm as a drifter by the name of Jerome.
Oooooh!

He had given Thomas the same drifter-named-Jerome story he had given the men working on the ramp.
I wonder when they’ll start to notice things for real instead of just attributing it to a ‘Guardian Kryptonian’.

He landed in the small plot of land beside the house that Martha used for her own personal garden.
clap

“No, Jimmy, I screwed that up all on my own,” CK admitted.

If knowledge of CK’s transgression with Cat hadn’t heated Lois’ coils, what had?
Jimmy really doesn’t realize that if Clark had done that with Cat, he might be faulting himself for it instead of the guy who revealed said indiscretion, huh?

Cat sidled up beside him. “What Clark is too much of a gentleman to admit is that there was no relationship to break up,” she announced.
Whoa, there! Look at that left field! [Linked Image]

“No! You… Her?... But… How?... When?... She… ” This was the first time, he had ever seen Cat stunned by gossip. “Really?”
clap

. Man, CK was the king.
First Lord of Krypton, actually.

He not only had Cat Grant still wanting more, but he had caught the elusive Lois Lane as well. He had let her slip through his fingers, but still…
laugh If he brings chocolate? And/or waits a couple more days?

ut I wouldn’t hold your breath. Lois tends to go over Niagara Falls in the barrel rather than ever admit a mistake.”
laugh Yes, but she could always say that she forgives him and graciously accept his groveling?

Lois’ jaw dropped as she scrambled to write down everything he said. For some reason, she had more than half expected a brief wave and a shy ‘thank you’. This actually sounded like a prepared speech.
Yeah, I do think he mumbled more on the show laugh

Kent had been too mesmerized by Cat’s tongue down his throat to care anyway.
Hey! What’s with that kiss? When was that? spider

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ugh. She couldn’t believe him. The ink was hardly dry on the break-up of their fake relationship, and he was already making out with Cat again.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: wave

So, who gets custody of the Godzilla doll?
Trask. As he already has Godzilla's spaceship.

I did miss the new bits though and would love to see those shown instead of told. Especially the LnC stuff The…edgier bits.
I'll work on those for the Archive version. Let's see, I have a deleted scene where Cat comes into a morning meeting and much to LnC's suprise sits in Clark's lap and promptly sticks her tongue in his mouth in a big slobbery kiss (as she does in canon BTW), but other than that the scene was about Perry dividing the Superman stories between Lois and Clark, which I felt worked better in summary fashion. Trying to move the story along faster to the juicer episodes. rotflol

Big game hunter.
No, that's Lex.

If he brings chocolate? And/or waits a couple more days?
No, that won't work this time.

Yes, but she could always say that she forgives him and graciously accept his groveling?
She could, but with her history, not likely.

Yeah, I do think he mumbled more on the show
He did. Just trying to point out more of the differences between this Clark and canon Clark at this point.

Hey! What’s with that kiss? When was that?
See above about deleted scene. This is addressed again in a later part.

As opposed to Lois who’d also like to crack the lollipop to get at the gooey center.
Again, I believe Rule #66 applies here.

He brought some corn from Kansas
Sorry, my speechwriting skills come from the farmcountry.

Citizens, fellow Kryptonians! It is an honor to be announce today my betrothal to the lady Zara…
Doubting he'd mention that speech to Lois, though.

He’s fast. Faster than he was with Cat.
Well, Lois did dump him...

So, they truly only work for the check and even the board either has to volunteer or be employed.
Canon line.

Now, Superman. That’s not very courteous of you.
He said "Thank you."

Flashback? Or just a reputation?
Also, deleted was the scene when Murray Brown visited (per canon) only this time Lois recognized him and threw away his business card after he left.

Which would make lots of good money. So…?
<<cough>> Sell out <<cough>>

Plus, Cat’s not tax-refundable.
How exactly is hiring a hooker a business expense?

You’re Lex is not a very nice guy. Reminds me of the one from one of Carol’s stories.
Lex's personality, as it came to women, was already described in Another Lois.

Naughty Virginia!
Who me? [Linked Image]

/eyes part count with appropriate worry/
Yeah, this is a long one.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Trask. As he already has Godzilla's spaceship.
hyper

Sleeping with Cat doesn't count, doesn't it?
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
When was that one?
Since we're in Invisible Man territory, I'm going to guess "ILTY" (I believe at the beginning of the morning meeting scene where Jimmy brings in the National Whisper article on Invisible Man.

It’s like looking at any other woman?
According to some men.

It would get her off his back? Until she learns of the concubine loophole?
True, but at this point and time Alt-Clark doesn't know about them or his birth-wife.

If he uses her, it’s prepping for a business transaction. If he’s gifting her to a business partner, it’s supporting a business transaction. Like going into a fancy restaurant to try it out before visiting with the client.
I don't think the IRS accepts those deductions.

And I was going for the fact that there was only one more part around at that time.
Ooops. I'll post another one tonight... oh, wait, tomorrow night. Shucks! I already promised one tonight, didn't I? Smacks head. I meant for the 26th, I'm not caught up part cushion wise. Got to get back to writing.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Since we're in Invisible Man territory, I'm going to guess "ILTY" (I believe at the beginning of the morning meeting scene where Jimmy brings in the National Whisper article on Invisible Man.
Thanks. There it is. But it wasn't all that slobbery. Maybe a bit open lipped lock. Then again, LnC's in HiM was just longer but just as tame.

True, but at this point and time Alt-Clark doesn't know about them or his birth-wife.
/spoilsport/

I don't think the IRS accepts those deductions.
They don't. Oh dear. Poor business magnates.

Ooops. I'll post another one tonight... oh, wait, tomorrow night. Shucks! I already promised one tonight, didn't I? Smacks head. I meant for the 26th, I'm not caught up part cushion wise. Got to get back to writing.
/appears heartbroken before remembering this solves the MMC cliffhanger conundrum. I'm just before the part with the sunbath.

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks. There it is. But it wasn't all that slobbery. Maybe a bit open lipped lock. Then again, LnC's in HiM was just longer but just as tame.
See, the problem is that you're not looking at it through Lois-colored glasses. From her POV...

They don't. Oh dear. Poor business magnates.
Don't worry, they always find a way... or a loophole.

/appears heartbroken before remembering this solves the MMC cliffhanger conundrum. I'm just before the part with the sunbath.
evil (fasten your seatbelt so you don't get whiplash)

I finished typing up what I wrote during my vacation and it only was 2.5 parts (if that). frown So, after tonight's posting I'll still be roughly 5 parts behind (depending on whether or not I can finish this .5 part today). So, it looks like I'll be sticking to the every 3 days posting schedule until I catch up. Luckily, it shouldn't take too long as we're getting to the section that has been mapped out in my brain for weeks and should be written quickly. It was these transistion scenes that slowed me down. Now, on to the fun parts! [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
See, the problem is that you're not looking at it through Lois-colored glasses. From her POV...
...Clark enjoyed a Cat-nip on the conference room table?

It was these transistion scenes that slowed me down. Now, on to the fun parts!
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
...Clark enjoyed a Cat-nip on the conference room table?
That's what it appeared like to her. Not that she's jealous or anything, 'cause she's not. She's in love with Superman, and she doesn't think of Clark like that... in public.

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard