Summary: Clark makes a discovery while getting ready for the Forth of July picnic.

Disclaimer: I do not own these characters, though I'd like to have Martha for an aunt or something. I'm just borrowing them for, like, five minutes.

This is my first attempt at a fic. It was inspired by the summer ficathon challenge. Prompt was corn of the cob. I hope you like it.

Happy 4th for all American members.

Lonnie
==============

“Clark, can you butter those cornhusks for me while I finish up the apple pie?” Martha asked, her hands deep in pie dough.

“Sure, mom.” Clark was excited about the Fourth of July picnic in Smallville. It was the biggest celebration of the year. Better than Christmas, even. Clark, Pete, Rachel Harris, Adam and Marty were to meet in the central gazebo. Lana Lang would also be there.

Clark stared at the small pile of cornhusks without really seeing them, His mind was consumed with other images.

Yesterday afternoon the bunch of them went swimming in the pond. They were playing and splashing each other when suddenly he raised his eyes and she was there. She was wearing a two-piece red bikini and she looked… well, she looked nothing like Rach in her faded blue utilitarian swimsuit, that’s for sure. He could feel himself heating up at the memory.

Clark still hasn’t moved as he remembered how Lana raised her arms to pin her long blond hair up. The movement caused her –

Pop. Pop-pop.

He was startled out of his musing by a loud popping sound, followed closely by two more. He looked around. What –

His eyes were drawn to the pile of fresh cornhusks on the table. They did not look so fresh anymore and some white cloud-like puffs were sticking to them.

Pop. Pop-pop. Pop-pop-pop.

Before his eyes more puffs were popping on the corn. Martha turned at the sound and her stunned eyes met the horrified gaze of her son. “What –“

“I’m sorry, mom!” Clark rushed. “I was just staring at them and thinking about… something. It just happened.”

“I guess it’s another one of your powers.” Martha sighed. She didn’t seem too distressed. “Jonathan! I need more corn, please. And bring one of them plastic bags. It seems we’re bringing popcorn to the picnic.”