Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#87690 06/28/12 08:04 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

The scene you've all been waiting for! Sorry for the short part, I hate dividing up scenes between parts and try to avoid it whenever possible, unless there's a really good cliffy. laugh

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/30/14 04:09 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi, Virginia!

I'm first! hyper

Do you know who was behind Lois' trip to the Metropolis Sewage Rec. Facility? One hint, it wasn't Clark
it's Cat, of course! Here is what she said in the previous part:

Actually…” Cat paused as she concentrated on the cape for a moment, turning the fabric. “You didn’t happen to leave it at the Metropolis Sewage Reclamation Facility, did you?” Her expression seemed a tad too innocent as she avoided his gaze.

“What? No,” he scoffed. “Why?”

“No reason. I’m sure your new partner will eventually learn to never steal another story again,” Cat suggested with a slight giggle. “It would serve Miss Holier-Than-Thou to be taken down a peg or two.”

“Cat!” Clark rebuked. “I refuse to defend you to her if this attitude continues. If you and I are to be friends, you need to learn to be nicer to Lois.”

“Yeah, right, Clark. I don’t see that happening anytime soon,”
And Lois thinks it's Clark: too funny, after all it WAS him in the show! smile

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Ok, let's see...

“You can buy another one,” he suggested. “Are you ready to go back to your car?”

“Uh-huh,” she said with a nod a moment before she felt his arms surround her and lift her into the air. She closed her eyes and laid her head against his chest. “Thank you,” she murmured.

“Anytime,” he whispered, and Lois could have sworn that he kissed the top of her head. That little endearment was worth the hours out in the muck, and the swamp, and the mosquitoes, and the humiliation of being tricked by her partner.
Ok, one of my other muses is itching to comment so I'm going to let her have free reign for a moment:
Margot!Lois: Clark! What the... If you don't want a cheerleader you're certainly not helping yourself any. (Mind you, she's saying this to a Clark that she knows is Superman.)

Superman nodded and scooped her back into his arms, which was more than fine by her. “Where to?” he asked, shifting his cape so that it draped over her.

Soon, she felt the breeze of the cool morning air on her face, and she tucked her head into the nape of his neck. “Tahiti. I’ve always wanted to go to Tahiti.”

His warm and friendly voice, with just a hint of laughter, replied, “How about home? We’ll do Tahiti another day.”

“You know I’m going to hold you to that, don’t you?” Lois said, and she felt him adjust his hold on her so that she was closer to him, almost like a hug or an embrace. She would take that as a ‘yes’.
Only another reason to use her mad money for a "Super Date."

Lois laughed, a scoffing guffaw of surprise. “Uh, no. Do you think I’d have let myself get stuck out in the middle of the Metropolis Sewage Reclamation Facility if I was psychic?”

The line in his jaw hardened. “Is that where you were?” Superman spoke with hardness she had never heard from him previously, but it was gone the next he spoke. “Why were you there?”
All the more reason for her to believe it was Clark. Superman's reaction would make her think that a friend of Superman's caused it to happen and he was upset with him. Only the "friend of Superman" was a "her" instead.

“Could you stay? I’m tired of chasing you down.” She blushed at her directness. “I mean, you could come in and…” Lois searched for a plausible reason for him to stay. ‘Meet my sister’? No, that wasn’t important. ‘Have a coffee’? No, that was silly. She couldn’t picture this man sitting down for… well, anything. “We could finally get that interview done.” That was the most plausible reason, but on the romance scale tipped down at nada.

“Now?” He seemed surprised. “Don’t you want to…” He cleared his throat. “Clean up and get some rest?”

“Now,” she insisted, knocking on the window again and waving at her sister. “I’m too wound up to sleep. Please.”

Lucy opened the window. “You weren’t kidding me, Lois. Wow! You really do know Superman,” she gushed, backing away from the opening.
Well, at least they have a chaperone on sight.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
My money is on Cat too.

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

It is blatantly obvious that it was Cat. clap

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Kerth
Kerth
clap Cat! I love how clever you paint her in this.

Very interesting scene here. Jimmy's rambling and Lucy's retelling of their conversation was hilarious. Poor kid doesn't have a shot, does he? And interesting developments with Lois and Superman... wish things would move a bit faster though... can't wait for more!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very nice part! I like how she knows things about him even though she does not now how she knows. good job. More soon, Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, Lois thinks that Clark sent her on a wild goose chase. Clark thinks it's Cat. What will happen when Lois confronts Clark about it?

Sydney: One of the perks of being in Europe is that when I post at midnight here, it's close to your morning. hyper The story starts to move along faster soon (when I return from my vacation); I learned to summarize scenes instead of write them out in full. peep For the most part.

Laura: Yes, Lois knows Superman. Well, she knows HER Superman, she just doesn't realize that THIS Superman isn't the same one she "knows" about. It does make it darn confusing to Clark though.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by VirginiaR:
<strong> Yes, I was just trying to make it as frustrating as possible for Clark to get the information he needed to solve the problem. Well, Lucy DOES accept Jimmy's date offer in canon. You don't think he'll have as good a luck in this dimension? Poor fellow. hyper The story starts to move along faster soon (when I return from my vacation); I learned to summarize scenes instead of write them out in full. evil

By the by, when is your vacation happening again? Just so I know when to put down somewhere on my calander "head injury" due to doing this cat .

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
Wait-- summarize?! Not the important parts, right? Not the <<gasp>> love scenes?!? eek
Some of the canon plot points will happen as characters thinking back on things that had happened. (Kind of like Lois and Clark's discussion of the George Thompson interview was summarized instead of shown.) This will happen more often, and even with some of the new plot points for this new dimension. Actually, there was a whole entire part that started out as a few bantering lines in a flashback... then I said 'no', I should flesh this out more... and presto, a whole new LnC banter-filled part. (Oh, and Clark rewarded me for this fleshing out these two scenes by revealing a part of himself to the readers.) evil Actually, Lois is still kind of ticked off at Clark for not revealing this side to her. Anyway... it means that the second Plot arc (the Summer Arc) only took 10-ish parts, instead of the 21 parts of first arc. See, all good! Right. I'm currently finishing up Part 35 as I write this. I would be further along in my story, but my characters were inspired by a Sue S. story I happen to be reading cat . </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Um.... blush ... soon. Um... I was planning on taking off after the end of this plot arc, which finishes up around... um... Part 21, which will post just after the 4th. Oh, look, that's next week. Golly gee. laugh This will give me time to build my cushion back from 16 to 20 parts, possbily write that Summer fic-a-thon story that I've been thinking about, finally get my redline version of Missing Lois back to my G.E. (Sorry, Marcelle blush ), celebrate my son's 5th birthday, and travel to visit my sister. If everything works out the way I plan, I should start posting again every other day about July 23rd. Unless I get mad amounts of FDK insisting that I should post a part each week of my vacation to tide you all over. (Plus, I need to give Michael time to catch up. Poor fellow, he's back on Part 12.)

VirginiaR.
---
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]Christina: Thank you for the comments. Your muse is named "MargotLois"?

Clark! What the... If you don't want a cheerleader you're certainly not helping yourself any.
Hmmmm. No probably not, but you see he was worried about his lady love and he found her caught in a tree. sloppy He's a little overprotective since he lost his original Lois.

Only another reason to use her mad money for a "Super Date."
But he said he would take her someday... I guess "someday" isn't soon enough.[/b]
When I have a specific "voice" I can hear that's what I call the muse based upon it. "Margot!Lois" is the Lois Lane from the Superman movies with Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder as Clark and Lois. Occasionally one of my other character/muses has had a say in something I'm reading or writing (once or twice I've actually had to write the resulting "conversation" just so I can get a handle on the differences in characterization.)

Good point, sadly Margot!Lois doesn't know that Reeve!Superman is just about as protective of her considering nearly losing her in that earthquake.

Of course it won't be soon enough! Lois is impatient and considering the soon to be realized to-do over Superman she's going to be rather possessive, more than she already is.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Christina:
When I have a specific "voice" I can hear that's what I call the muse based upon it. "Margot!Lois" is the Lois Lane from the Superman movies with Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder as Clark and Lois. Occasionally one of my other character/muses has had a say in something I'm reading or writing (once or twice I've actually had to write the resulting "conversation" just so I can get a handle on the differences in characterization.)

Good point, sadly Margot!Lois doesn't know that Reeve!Superman is just about as protective of her considering nearly losing her in that earthquake.
That's pretty cool. I, somtimes, hear Tom:Clark or Michael:Lex (his name is Michael, isn't it?) from Smallville, but only when I let myself have a night off from writing to catch up on my Smallville (which I probably would do tonight, but sadly, I don't have the next disc to watch -- I'm only half way through S4. I got the disc 1 from S1 of the Adventures of Superman w/ George Reeves yesterday in the mail hyper from Netflix, but it had been struck by the Superman Curse whinging -- it had arrived broken mad )

Of course it won't be soon enough! Lois is impatient and considering the soon to be realized to-do over Superman she's going to be rather possessive, more than she already is.
evil

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He rubbed his eyes, climbed to his feet, and stumbled into the living room. He had no idea what time it was, sometime in the middle of the night, he supposed, as it was still pitch black outside.
Uh-oh…

“Jimmy?” Clark rubbed his eyes again. “What’s up? Emergency?”

“No. Well, I don’t know. I hope not.
Umm… Someone’s got stuck in the sewage?

“Glad to hear everything is working out for you and Lois’ sister…”

“Oh, no. I haven’t asked her out yet.
clap I’m thinking Jimmy missed a step there. Well, hasn’t found the staircase yet.

Two in the morning and Lucy called the office. Clark was swiftly wide awake. “Jimmy! Why did Lucy call the office? Is Lois okay?”
Ding Ding Ding!

“Did Lucy say why she was looking for me?”
Lois is out and Lucy wants to take the new hardware for a spin?

“Goodbye, Jimmy,” Clark said, not waiting for the man to respond before hanging up.
He’s much ruder than our Clark.

Because he was a proud prima donna, who didn’t want to have his biggest cheerleader see him with a giant bomb stain on the front of his Suit.
clap

“Well, it was a good thing I did, […] and would end up yelling at me for interrupting her.”
clap

Luckily, she had been holding the stuffed doll in her arms when she fell, otherwise she’d be harboring a bruise on her ribs as well. She shifted Godzilla to under her head and decided to try to get some sleep until dawn finally arrived and she could finally see.
[Linked Image]

She wasn’t quite sure who the prankster who had sent her out to the Metropolis Sewage Reclamation Facility was, but she had a really good idea.
I’m thinking *not* Cat.

Hadn’t he realized that being stuck with him as her partner had been punishment enough to deter her from ever doing that again?
Apparently it wasn’t?

“I dropped my flashlight,” she mumbled, although she didn’t know why.
Aww, she must look adorable, in a disheveled, dirty kind of fashion. Like a bum played by a Hollywood actress.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He was going to think that this was all their relationship was built upon.
But it *is*! wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: I'm Back! dance It's good to be home to my desktop. Lots of work to do before I catch up though. So, let me start with you.

Umm… Someone’s got stuck in the sewage?
Nah. Whatever gave you that idea? laugh

I’m thinking Jimmy missed a step there. Well, hasn’t found the staircase yet.
Let's just say that after his initial almost meet with her, things aren't looking well.

Lois is out and Lucy wants to take the new hardware for a spin?
laugh Jimmy may be dense at times, but let's hope I don't write him that dense. If that were the case, I doubt he'd be passing on the message.

He’s much ruder than our Clark.
Clark's missing a good 8+ live-in years with the Kents on manners and morals and stuff.

/am still going with Lois would have had him remove the garstly damaged outfit before allowing (read: having) him to lie down on her bed/
True. But wouldn't that be revealing... <<cough>>... in regards to his secret identity? Or do you think she wouldn't be looking at his face?

So, Jimmy’s not in good standing, huh? Also, I’m sensing a speechpattern.
No. And I'm going to go with Dr. Sam Lane being the original lunkhead, hence where the Lane women picked up the name.

So, orgy and she got home late?
I was going more for clubbing.

She could try gnawing it off?
She isn't to that stage yet. It hasn't even been a day yet. Let alone a half-day.

I’m thinking *not* Cat.
[Linked Image]

Apparently it wasn’t?
Lois' POV. You might notice she has selective memory on such things. [Linked Image]

Aww, she must look adorable, in a disheveled, dirty kind of fashion. Like a bum played by a Hollywood actress.
More like how she looked on the show, only still stuck in the swampland.

But it *is*!
This is technically only the second... oh, wait, third rescue.

Plus, she’s all dirty. And now Superman is, too. Wouldn’t it be nice to offer him a shower?
Her brain may be mushy at this point but not that dirty.

He didn’t recognize it?
Do they have a Sewage Rec. Facility in alt-dimension?

Ah, he put a rat and a dog together and got a cat.
Now, why would you think that? I know, I've got to work better at my subtlety.

Not a lie. Completely true. On so many different levels.
laugh

‘Have a coffee’? No, that was silly.

Why? It’s code for…well…getting to know the whole Superman.
He's from another planet; he might not understand the code. Plus, that would mean she'd have to get up and make coffee.

She couldn’t picture this man sitting down for… well, anything.

How about a lapdance from Lois?
Like he isn't offered one of those everyday (from other women). Plus, it would probably cause him to burst through a window as he tried to escape.

That’s right! She was at home. She could have dressed in jeans and sports shoes.
She's at home when she got the note in canon as well, because Clark had it sent to her at home.

Well, he’s not blushing red as a cape, so, I’m guessing ‘no’?
Maybe those kind of thoughts don't make him blush.

You mean, like with liquid nitrogen?
We're still in the 'getting to know you' phase.

Right. Shouldn’t he know that stuff from back home?
Yes, but he's a little distracted from the blood rushing from his head upon touching her foot.

/imagines Lois imagining Clark standing on a rooftop in a just-above-knee length skirt and a blouse, yelling ‘help, Superman’ to contact the hero/
Well, if that is what gets his attention...

Oooh! What if it beeped in his pants when Lucy calls him right now?
Hence why he's suddenly all in a hurry to leave the apartment, when he wasn't before.

Right. It’s not like he’s gay in any way, shape, or form. Really. He isn’t.
Exactly! He's just polite. A gentleman. Who likes chick flicks, make-overs, and shopping. Oh, wait, that's Clark. OMG! Is THAT why Clark can contact Superman and Lois can't?! laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm Back!
wave

Whatever gave you that idea?
/points at author/

If that were the case, I doubt he'd be passing on the message.
Lois would test her new cooking knife collection on him?

True. But wouldn't that be revealing... <<cough>>... in regards to his secret identity? Or do you think she wouldn't be looking at his face?
/imagines Lois/ “He’s got a face?” confused

Do they have a Sewage Rec. Facility in alt-dimension?
Probably. After all, Lex must be able to dump his bodies *somewhere*.

Plus, that would mean she'd have to get up and make coffee.
No, not really. /wonders if Virginia understands code correctly…/

Plus, it would probably cause him to burst through a window as he tried to escape.
The wrath of Lois? Or to protect his modesty?

Maybe those kind of thoughts don't make him blush.
Right.

Yes, but he's a little distracted from the blood rushing from his head upon touching her foot.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois would test her new cooking knife collection on him?
TJO is at the end of S2 and Jimmy took her unused cooking knife out on her. (Although, technically, she was using it to cut fruit at the time, so I guess she DID use it.) I'm lost on why you think that Lois would attack Jimmy for not passing on a message for a booty call with Lucy to Clark?

/imagines Lois/ “He’s got a face?”
clap

Probably. After all, Lex must be able to dump his bodies *somewhere*.
There's always Hobs Bay.

No, not really. /wonders if Virginia understands code correctly…/
Oh, I understand. But if Superman didn't and he expected coffee and only coffee...

The wrath of Lois? Or to protect his modesty?
The latter. The wrath of Lois only comes after she gets the bill for the repairs.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm lost on why you think that Lois would attack Jimmy for not passing on a message for a booty call with Lucy to Clark?
Because 'new hardware' referred to Clark. Not either Jimmy wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And Lois would so shoot the messenger. Well, slice and dice him.
Won't she be embarrassed when she discovers that Clark didn't go?

Yeah, but what about the environment?
And that matters to Lex how?

He would be very confused about some...things?
SUPERMAN: Are you sure, Lois? On Krypton we always make coffee in the kitchen, not the bedroom. <<shrugs>> Well, while on Earth...

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Won't she be embarrassed when she discovers that Clark didn't go?
/nods and imagines Lois: "Oops?" [Linked Image]

SUPERMAN: Are you sure, Lois? On Krypton we always make coffee in the kitchen, not the bedroom. <<shrugs>> Well, while on Earth...
...do the Earthans?

wave Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard