Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#87602 06/24/12 08:10 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

There's a reason this section is called "Apart". laugh Don't worry, I'll get them back together again soon.

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/30/14 04:12 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi Virginia,

I just read the last two chapters and I don't have a lot of time to comment (you know, this little thing called "work"...), but I wanted to tell you that I'm still reading and enjoying the story.

Oh! just an idea:
He was going to have to sew it himself, not having time to find a tailor he could trust in such short amount of time.
I'm sure that Cat can sew... She can make a new cape and a new suit for Clark. laugh

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I love Clark threatening to reveal that Cat is a warm and caring human being. And Cat even tried to do damage control with Lois.

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Still with ya. More soon!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Clark landed on the roof of the Daily Planet building and looked down at his tattered cape. Terrific, and he had only brought the one suit with him. Now, he was going to have to make himself a new cape before Superman could go out again. He was going to have to sew it himself, not having time to find a tailor he could trust in such short amount of time. He sighed and spun into his business suit.
Oh dear, this is going to be a big problem. Hope he learned to sew. And can you imagine what it might be like when he does get a tailor? I wonder if that guy's going to be as discreet as Clark's going to need.
“Badge of honor more like it,” Jimmy scoffed. “Normally she’s not this bad; I’ve never seen her this worked up. This Superman guy really pushes her buttons. You’re so smooth, CK. I really thought it would take Godzilla to knock Mad Dog down to size.”

“Godzilla? Good one, Jimmy!” Cat laughed as she walked by, eavesdropping of course. “Between the two of them who do you think has the bigger ego?”

“Hey, that’s my new partner you’re talking about. Let’s show her some respect,” Clark said, defending Lois in absentia, and shooting Cat a glare.

She responded by rolling her eyes. “Mama isn’t here, sweet cheeks. You don’t have to behave.”
Aww, how sweet of Clark! And Cat it doesn't matter if she's not there. She has spies everywhere (where do you think women get their sources after all)!
Clark rolled his eyes, tired of line of conversation already. “I’d appreciate it if you would fix this.”

Cat’s responding chuckle had a seductive quality to it. “And ruin my reputation?” She caressed his jaw with her fingertips.

He crossed his arms and leaned back in his seat. “If you don’t, I will. I know your dirty, little secret.” He swirled around his index finger and pointed it at her.

Her brow furrowed. “And what secret, pray tell, would that be?”

Clark looked her straight into the eyes. “That under this aloof, sex goddess façade there lies the well-rounded heart of a kind, sweet, intelligent human being with easily hurt feelings.”

She got to her feet, her eyes wide. “You wouldn’t dare,” she growled.
Heeheeheeeee.... Oh Cat, you may be something of a mistress interrogator/interviewer but I think Clark's got your inner self down pat.

While she watched him cross the room, she thought about the feeling of protection having his hand on the small of her back had given her. It had almost been like he was leading her in a dance: gentle, respectful, and damn romantic. No wonder Cat had wanted to bed the man; he had the softest touch. She shook that thought out of her mind.
Awww... I know the real Lois doesn't admit to her foibles but it's only a matter of time, isn't it? (And no, I don't expect an answer on that count.)

“It looks bad from where I’m standing,” Clark said, almost under his breath.

“What? Do you get nauseated at the sight of blood? Because if that’s true, we might as well break up the partnership right now. You’ll never survive,” Lois said with a chuckle.

Clark knelt down in front of her and tried to apply a wet paper towel to her forehead.

She grimaced at the pain, jumping to her feet. “I’ll take care of this myself.”

“Sit down, you big baby, and let me do this,” he countered, nudging her back to the seat. “Please, to ease my guilt.”

“What guilt would that be?” she asked, and he blanched. Yep, he was definitely hiding something. Was he not joking? Did he really get sick from the sight of a little blood?

“For not being there when you needed me,” he murmured. “For allowing you to get hurt, when I could have stopped it.”
Oh Clark you're throwing hints out there left, right and center. It'll be a miracle if you survive as "two men" until the canonical time frame.
Clark slowly set the bandage on her head, running his fingers over the flaps to smooth out any wrinkles. He really did have a light touch. His gaze dropped from her forehead to her eyes and with him there, hesitating less than a foot away from her, his breath tickling her cheeks and his fingers caressing her skin, it felt like he was going to kiss her.

Oh, no! She couldn’t let that happen!

Not in the newsroom.
And yet she wouldn't be averse to the kiss in the first place.

Lois smiled. She liked that Clark wasn’t a yes-man. Therefore when he did agree with her, he meant it. Oh, yes, she could get used to having Clark as a partner, especially since he had Superman’s unlisted phone number. She grabbed his arm. “Clark! Superman!”

He gulped and when she realized he was staring at her hand on his arm, she removed it. “What about him?” he inquired softly.

She looked at him as if he were an idiot. “Clark, Superman is the key, the glue to all these stories. We need to talk to him.” Lois lowered her voice to a whisper and leaned close to her partner. “Why don’t you give me his number and…?”

Clark started to laugh. “Not going to happen, Lois.”
rotflol rotflol rotflol Oh Lois, I love how you're trying to keep him off-guard on the off-chance that you'd get him to spill his phone number. His own phone number.

“But he wouldn’t mind if I had it,” she hissed.

“Why? Because you’re head cheerleader for team Super?” he replied.

Lois snarled at him. “It’s not like that, and you know it!”

Clark pressed his lips together and raised an eyebrow in disbelief.

“Don’t you think that should be his decision and not yours?” she snapped, pointing her finger at him.
Of course it's Superman's decision. Of course because Clark and Superman are the same person it [I]is[/is] Clark's decision too.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Kerth
Kerth
wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sydney: Work? razz Everybody should have a two-hour FDK break in the middle of the day, right? laugh Time to start petitioning the governments of the world! FanFic Readers Unite! Or, I guess, I could be patient. hyper Long FDK. Thank you. Let's see...

Oh dear, this is going to be a big problem. Hope he learned to sew. And can you imagine what it might be like when he does get a tailor? I wonder if that guy's going to be as discreet as Clark's going to need.
Well, he knows it's doable being that canon Lois did it, but I'm sure he could save a tailor somewhere who would be willing to be descrete.

Aww, how sweet of Clark! And Cat it doesn't matter if she's not there. She has spies everywhere (where do you think women get their sources after all)!
clap I wonder who Mad Dog's spies are.

Heeheeheeeee.... Oh Cat, you may be something of a mistress interrogator/interviewer but I think Clark's got your inner self down pat.
Everybody has their Kryptonite.

Awww... I know the real Lois doesn't admit to her foibles but it's only a matter of time, isn't it? (And no, I don't expect an answer on that count.)
How about a smilie? [Linked Image]

Oh Clark you're throwing hints out there left, right and center. It'll be a miracle if you survive as "two men" until the canonical time frame.
Yes, he's really bad at this secret identity thing, isn't he?

And yet she wouldn't be averse to the kiss in the first place.
Wanting something that one shouldn't have is different than actually accepting it when it's offered.

Oh Lois, I love how you're trying to keep him off-guard on the off-chance that you'd get him to spill his phone number. His own phone number.
evil

Of course it's Superman's decision. Of course because Clark and Superman are the same person it is Clark's decision too.
Yes, but she doesn't know that. It's the only power he has in their relationship at the moment, since he would do anything (within reason) for her.

Mouserocks: Yes, Cat not gloating is suspecious, very suspecious. Wonder what she could be up to? Other than boinking Lois' partner that is. Thanks for reading.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark landed on the roof of the Daily Planet building and looked down at his tattered cape. Terrific, and he had only brought the one suit with him.
Oops? Not thinking ahead much, are we? Right. Duh!

He was going to have to sew it himself, not having time to find a tailor he could trust in such short amount of time.
Umm…I wouldn’t recommend a tailor.

He sighed and spun into his business suit.
I’ve got an idea! He could always opt to change his uniform to a sky-blue leisure suit with a red silk shirt.

Not only had Lois thought that he had slept with Cat, but she also thought that he hit on her kid sister.
He’s going for the complete set?

He wondered what he was going to be hit with next; whatever it was, he wasn’t looking forward to it.
How about Tempus? Hasn’t he been dead long enough by now?

“Why don’t you talk to him? Tell him how you feel? Make him see…?”
So, how will this Jimmy get a spine, now that Lois doesn’t get taken down a notch in public?

Hey, I heard that you out mad-dogged Mad Dog yesterday; good for you.”
Ooooh!

“Between the two of them who do you think has the bigger ego?”
Lex?

She responded by rolling her eyes. “Mama isn’t here, sweet cheeks. You don’t have to behave.”
goofy

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois smiled. She liked that Clark wasn’t a yes-man. Therefore when he did agree with her, he meant it.
Awwwww

“Why? Because you’re head cheerleader for team Super?” he replied.

Lois snarled at him. “It’s not like that, and you know it!”
“I know. In truth, she wants to be head concubine.”

“Don’t you think that should be his decision and not yours?” she snapped, pointing her finger at him.
It is. /didn’t find the ‘whisper’ smiley/

Lois sat at the snack table, finally able to eat the lunch Lucy had brought her, after Clark left to cover some drive-by shooting.
‘cover’ goofy

Yet, he put it at the bottom of his to-do list.
Well, grabbing hold of Superman is not something Clark ventures to do during the day.

Between the two men, there was no contest.
But there *is*. Just ask Lex.

In truth, between Superman and any other man, her Man in Blue would always be the victor.
What about Tempus?

Sure, there were other stories, other leads she could be working on, but with Superman in the world, why would she want to?
Because Perry doesn’t pay her to doodle?

Really? Cat was going to act like she hadn’t humiliated the Dickens out of Lois the day before, and then seduced her partner after that.
goofy

Or had something awkward occurred? Something other than sexual? Something embarrassing to Cat?
Clark couldn’t…perform.

Nibbling on what? What was Cat saying? That she and Clark had only made out before they had beeped him?
Oh, Cat’s sooo bad.

Or that they had progressed further, but not to the point of completion? Lois swallowed and looked down at her sandwich. She hated to admit it, but that could have been encompassed in Clark’s ‘nothing happened’ explanation as well.
[Linked Image]

She didn’t even want to think what the ‘main course’ would have entailed.
Jimmy, Lucy, and a couple of guys form the local gym.

The EPRAD Satellite Tracking Station in Fairbanks, Alaska might have that information. She wondered if they would talk to her.
There she goes again.

Anyway, Lois wasn’t stealing Jimmy’s theory, she was borrowing it.
Yes, she can return it to him later.

Why would Superman put his trust in Chuck and not her?
Because Clark never stole from Superman. He didn’t even steal Lois.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooh. Some FDK to catch up on, before the heat wipes me out. Hi, Michael wave

His name is CLARK, not Lex, or Tempus, or any of those other evil guys who think three steps ahead. CLARK.

Umm…I wouldn’t recommend a tailor.
So, what? You're suggesting he MAKES his own replacement costumes? I'm betting once he took the time to search, he could find a professional tailor who family he could save from slave-traders or indentured servitude or something who would feel like they owed him enough to be quiet about making the suit. And, of course, he would pay for the work.

I’ve got an idea! He could always opt to change his uniform to a sky-blue leisure suit with a red silk shirt.
Wow! That would be hideous, but probably easy to find in all the thrift stores in Metropolis.

How about Tempus? Hasn’t he been dead long enough by now?
Technically, Tempus isn't dead, he's wiped himself out of existance. And the factors that would put him back into existance haven't been met yet.

So, how will this Jimmy get a spine, now that Lois doesn’t get taken down a notch in public?
[Linked Image]

“Between the two of them who do you think has the bigger ego?”

Lex?
Between Lois and Godzilla, Lex has the bigger ego? Is it so big its ghastly stink covers all other egos?

How about she *really* has him take care of her?
He'll take care of her later.

No-no, it’s all Clark.
That's right. EVERYTHING is Clark's fault.

Jealous?
Noooooo. Why would you think that? [Linked Image]

Ooooh! And sounds like an afterthought.
Not that she'd ever admit that.

Awww, Mad Dog has a puppy! And why wouldn’t she want that?

See?
clap

But there *is*. Just ask Lex.
That's right, just like Lois, everything to Lex is a challenge. They are perfect for one another that way. clap

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Weekend hyper Hope you’re enjoying your vacation smile
His name is CLARK, not Lex, or Tempus, or any of those other evil guys who think three steps ahead. CLARK.
My bad. So, not the evil twin from the other dimension?

I'm betting once he took the time to search, he could find a professional tailor who family he could save from slave-traders or indentured servitude or something who would feel like they owed him enough to be quiet about making the suit. And, of course, he would pay for the work.
/Imagines Clark sheltering a group of Far Eastern immigrants in the little room upstairs, sewing and washing away at his uniforms.

Wow! That would be hideous, but probably easy to find in all the thrift stores in Metropolis.
/nods/

And the factors that would put him back into existance haven't been met yet.
You mean, Lois making out with Clark in the office’s storage room until she’s preggers?

Between Lois and Godzilla, Lex has the bigger ego? Is it so big its ghastly stink covers all other egos?
/nods/ Now that Tempus is no longer in existence…

Oh, so you can read Clark's thoughts.
It’s kind of tattooed on his forehead with red, sparkly ink.

This guy? - I don't know which page he was on.
this one: [Linked Image] /found him in part 20’s FDK/

See, there lies the problem. Cat ASSUMES that Lois passed on Clark. Lois had Clark in her 'wait and see' pile, not her discard pile.
wave Michael, who’s now 4 read parts FDK behind. Plus other stories dizzy

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael Hi! wave I've got a few minutes before my day of beauty, so I'll try to catch up on my FDK.

Do I need to answer questions that you've already answered for yourself? wink Oops, my bad, I already did! Moving down the FDK...

Hope you’re enjoying your vacation
I am. And I got idea for another Summer Ficathon story, but I have to see if there's a prompt (theme) to link it to. I mean I could use it for "Water Fight" technically, but I have other <<darker>> ideas for that prompt. Of course, there's no rule that we can only write one story per prompt is there? clap I wouldn't say "evil"...

/Imagines Clark sheltering a group of Far Eastern immigrants in the little room upstairs, sewing and washing away at his uniforms.
Great. You're making him sound like a evil mastermind instead of Superman. Maybe his tailor is in another country (I know, I know, he should buy American, but hey! He's an International Man of Mystery.)

You mean, Lois making out with Clark in the office’s storage room until she’s preggers?
That's been done (and done well), so 'no'.

/nods/ Now that Tempus is no longer in existence…
Now, there's a battle of the egos. Lex Luthor vs. Tempus! That would be a fun story. Has anyone ever pitted those two against one another (of course with LnC stuck in the middle)?

So, what does that make readers who can see why Lois is ticked off?
Hopefully, entertained. If not, well informed.

Adorable twist. I was going with the much simpler ‘Lois stole from Clark, so she also stole from Superman’ route
That would imply that she knew that stealing from Clark would be stealing from Superman, which she doesn't... yet.

Michael, who’s now 4 read parts FDK behind. Plus other stories
Tell me about it. 6 Michael FDK, plus other stories. Such torture. <<sighs dramatically and attempts to look faint>> wink

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've got a few minutes before my day of beauty, so I'll try to catch up on my FDK.
So, spa for the outside *and* the inside? wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, spa for the outside *and* the inside?
Let's just say the FDK was the less painful of the two.

My first reaction was, why 'darker'? Why would *anyone* write a *dark* story for such a prompt. Then I realized... Oops, my bad. /goes switching off the lights/
Um... cause the power has been knocked out in Metropolis. There's that chunk of Nightfall hanging between the sun and Earth becoming a new satalite and it's casting a shadow over Metropolis. Duh! [Linked Image]

/shrugs in a hopefully adorable fashion/
clap

Very likely. There's definitely a Lex/Tempus prompt on the challenges board. Hmm... Exit Lex, oops two Lex
Nah, I was thinking more of two alive villians pitting it out, although that scenario could cause some trouble for Lex and I'm all for that! clap

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard