Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#87536 06/22/12 08:59 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

A/N: The reason for my long drawn out disclaimer for the use of Prince's song lyric was that it took me forever to find a copy of the song online, because Prince won't let anyone use his music on YouTube. shock I didn't want to offend reigning music royality by using his lyric to demonstrate a point in my story. wink

Now that I've gotten that out of the way. Any comments, or have you all forgotten what was in this part?

Um... let's see, we learned Lucy thinks Clark is Lois' beau, about alt-Lois' family life, that Clark really doesn't know what happened to this dimension's Kal-El, Clark didn't stick around to investigate the Carlen Building explosion with Lois, and that Detective Henderson and Inspector Henderson are actually 16th cousins, 3 times removed, or not. laugh There was more fun stuff too, but you'll have to go back and re-read Part 15 to get it all. Enjoy.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/30/14 04:14 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Long FDK later, this thought couldn't wait.

Clark couldn’t shake that bad feeling from seeing that file. He never knew what had happened to his spaceship and globe. His parents had died before telling him. When he had started to be different they had told him about the day they had found him, about seeing the bright burning light crash into the woods on the way into town early one afternoon, but they never mentioned what they had done with the spaceship or anything about the globe. He had learned more about himself from that Lois from the other dimension than he had known before she had shown up. He wished he had remembered to ask that other Clark to show him the globe before he had returned home after that whole John Doe / Tempus incident, but he had been distracted.
I don't know why but I immediately had the thought of Canon Clark taking Alt-Clark out to Smallville to do some sort of sparring/training with regards to his heritage. A sort of Super Summer Camp.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Lots of interesting info here. Lois in the alt dimension had a very different upbringing, since her mother died giving birth to her sister. I half expected Clark to visit his parents then had to remind myself that his parents died when he was young. He has yet to meet this Jonathan and Martha.

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good chapter. Thanks. Looking forward to more soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Christina: Super Summer Camp? Nope, I have no recollection of that. I just remember that canon L&C were ready to send alt-Clark on his way so that they could celebrate properly Clark escaping from the time window (and Lois more than ready to let alt-Clark go so it wouldn't slip that she almost kissed him). Oh, you mean, my line made you think that. That you couldn't picture the two Clark's talking about their heritage. I don't know, I always picture the two Clarks like long lost twins, that they would want to know all about the other one, yet they never seem to do that.

Joan: Yes, alt-Lois grew up much different from canon Lois, so I'm guessing they ended up just the same, right? wink Clark did go to Smallville, but more checking for bad guys than talking to Mom and Dad. He doesn't have a relationship like that in this dimension (or in his home dimension) which is why Cat Grant is important. evil

Laura: Thank you. More posting tonight.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Sorry! Busy, busy, busy! Got my class schedule now and everything (supposedly) is on the up, and just got around to reading this and catching up. Good chapter! Loved the Prince reference, and the Detective Henderson/Inspector Henderson jokes. Also thought Lucy's intervention was wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
Sorry! Busy, busy, busy! Got my class schedule now and everything (supposedly) is on the up, and just got around to reading this and catching up. Good chapter! Loved the Prince reference, and the Detective Henderson/Inspector Henderson jokes. Also thought Lucy's intervention was wave
Thanks, Mouse. Sorry, your RL is still running you amuck.

It wasn't until I was looking at The Complete Guide to LnC Characters that I realized that the man who was showing them the bomb fragments was supposed to be the SAME Det. Henderson from the Pilot (because they put the WRONG picture up on the website), so in my crazy way that I need to make sense of all the changes the show made, I felt that this needed to addressed. laugh

Yes, just WHY does everyone THINK that Clark and Lois have a relationship? Poor Clark. He doesn't realize that the bus he threw Lois under a few parts ago (for accusing her for stealing his story) is about to make another pass. evil

VirginiaR.
---
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]Christina: Super Summer Camp? Nope, I have no recollection of that. I just remember that canon L&C were ready to send alt-Clark on his way so that they could celebrate properly Clark escaping from the time window (and Lois more than ready to let alt-Clark go so it wouldn't slip that she almost kissed him). Oh, you mean, my line made you think that. That you couldn't picture the two Clark's talking about their heritage. I don't know, I always picture the two Clarks like long lost twins, that they would want to know all about the other one, yet they never seem to do that.[/b]
My comment was just an imaginary what-if to "Lois and Clarks" not an actual thing. I guess I need to take the concept over to the challenge section. I'm not expecting it to pop up in your story here. I just figure "sparring/training" because of the drei. Then again, I'm reminded of Clark's admission that the most he learned about his culture the more he recognized himself as culturally "human." ("Trey, the more I try to be Kal El, the more I know I am Clark." comes to mind. I suspect that would put a damper on any interest in going through that sort of thing. His heritage resides in a nether background not to be addressed (to him, I guess.) IDK, the more I think about it, the more I realize it wouldn't have happened (and I'm not talking about your story but in general.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois looked at him with a glare, and he wondered what he had done now.
Breathed?

Maybe her anger had to do with being tired from working in the office all night more than the possibility of him sleeping with Cat.
Right.

“Try not to slip and fall accidentally into any other women while I’m gone,”
clap

A few more days like this, and Lois would have found a way to kill him without the use of Kryptonite.
He really doesn’t like a challenge, does he?

His Lois hadn’t had a sister.
Oh?

Ellen Lane and the baby had died in childbirth somewhere in the backwaters of South America when Lois had been about four.
Oh girl.

She had learned her dislike of following rules, her distrust of the official story, and her mean left hook during those years, according to Perry.
Oh boy. /imagines soldier-type mindset crossed with Lois Lane/ clap

You know, I always thought her more a brainy type, but I’m glad to see her base instincts still work.
clap

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lucy laughed. “Good for you. She needs to be knocked down a peg or two every once and while.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Michael: Time to play FDK catch-up!

Lois looked at him with a glare, and he wondered what he had done now.

Breathed?
Good guess. No, actually, it was "look so good after a night of working in the office" was what I was trying to imply. And why she goes off to "freshen up".

He really doesn’t like a challenge, does he?
He'd be with Cat otherwise.

Oh boy. /imagines soldier-type mindset crossed with Lois Lane/
clap

He could ask Jimmy out on a date in front of Lois?
And that would make his life easier, how?

Isn’t it the Carlin Building?
I don't know who this "Carlin" guy is but he seems to have more influence in Metropolis than either Joe or Jerry.

Arianna Carlin
Carlini's Restaurant (where Perry's trying to get lunch during his interview with Clark)
The Carlin Building (that Lex blows up with SM inside)
Professor Carlton (Clark's Journalism prof - close enough)
Dr. Alfred Carlton (Smart Kids - again close enough)

you get the picture. So, I changed the "i" to an "e". So sue me! (I'm stepping off my soap-box now.)

Okay, Tag you're it! [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Time to play FDK catch-up!
smile1

Good guess. No, actually, it was "look so good after a night of working in the office" was what I was trying to imply. And why she goes off to "freshen up".
Oops. Duh!

There could be a reason Wells didn't want him to go back and rescue his Lois.
clap

And that would make his life easier, how?
Lois would no longer accuse him of cheating on her with Cat?

So sue me! (I'm stepping off my soap-box now.)
laugh

Okay, Tag you're it!
/tags Virginia/

[Linked Image] Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
ME: And that would make his life easier, how?

MICHAEL: Lois would no longer accuse him of cheating on her with Cat?
But then he'd be dragging poor Jimmy into the fight! [Linked Image]

/Love your running guy./ Tag.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
But then he'd be dragging poor Jimmy into the fight!
/still tries to see point in order to have a reason to...

tag! Michael smile

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Alt-Clark would have been wise to get the low-down on Lois from the original Clark, but of course if he had this would be a much different story. Actually, if he had known Mad Dog was Lois, maybe he would have been scared off and not even tried this.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Alt-Clark would have been wise to get the low-down on Lois from the original Clark, but of course if he had this would be a much different story.
Apparently, the Loises, like the Clarkes, in the different dimensions are slightly different personality-wise, although the same in essentials. So, a little advice on Lois from Lois's husband might have ended up with alt-Clark with a piece of K shoved down his throat (after him asking "So, how's the best way to woo Lois?") and/or might not have helped at all. Also, may I recommend, my story: Lois Rules! - A Story where canon Clark actually did try to help alt-Clark out with his Lois. Also, helpful: Lois Lane - A Handbook (in case you want to see the rules without the story attached).

Actually, if he had known Mad Dog was Lois, maybe he would have been scared off and not even tried this.
Yes, that's probably true. Knowing that Lois was "Mad Dog" before he started this trip might have scared him off, leaving Lois to live the life she did in Another Lois (the prequel to this story... or Book 1).

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
OK, I just found Virginia's link to the complete guide to the L&C characters that explains who the other Henderson is.

I had totally forgotten about the guy who explains to them about what is going on with the explosion until I re-watched the episode last week, and even then I had no clue that that was Henderson. I knew TVtropes made comments about Henderson getting a race lift, but I had never understood them until just now.

Lois looked at him with a glare, and he wondered what he had done now. Was it just another echo from her anger about Cat? If she didn’t care if he slept with the whole MetNet cheer squad, why was she mad about Cat?
Clark needs to learn that most of Lois's claims are entirely false. Her claims to not care who he sleeps with are one of her forms of protesting too much. Although I guess since her protestations to having not slept with Superman were true, maybe protesting too much is not always a sign of guilt. However excessive claims of not caring are often a sign of really caring.

Now that I understand who Detective Henderson is things will make a little more sense.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well, she did. Mom was there… physically, but Lois took care me… both of us, really, since our dad left. Mom’s off getting sober, otherwise I’d be living with her this summer instead of big sis. They’re making me finish college,” she said with a roll of her eyes, and then grimaced. “You better not tell Lois, I told you that. She doesn’t like people knowing about Mom.”
I am pretty sure Lucy would say "Lois took care of me".

“Fidelity is very important her, Lois I mean, very. Dad cheated on Mom apparently…” Lucy rolled her eyes again, this time, it seemed, at the annoyance of probably having heard the story more times than she wished.
I am sure Lucy would say "important to her".

I knew I remembered this angle about Lois, I had just forgotten that it had been said so explicitly.

“Of course I forgave her,” Clark stammered. He doubted there was little, short of murder, for which he couldn’t forgive Lois.
I am surprised there is anything short of murder Clark will not forgive Lois for.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I am pretty sure Lucy would say "Lois took care of me".
Thanks. Fixed.

I am sure Lucy would say "important to her".
Thanks. Fixed. My future GE thanks you as well. LOL. wink You're making his/her job easier.

I knew I remembered this angle about Lois, I had just forgotten that it had been said so explicitly.
*Very* important. cool

Also, John, have you checked out this site: List of Characters on LnC by Episode . There's a few errors here and there, but it's pretty accurate. It's my go-to guide for checking spelling of names, who was there, and refreshing my memories and stuff.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Hmm, that site is the link I mentioned above. I had never looked at it before tonight though. Looking through it, it is informative, although it is sometimes funny in its mistakes. Such as identifying Christ Moskal as a major metropolis developer, when that tag should be on his father Mark Moskal.

Much more disturbing they did not list Ellen Lane as a character in "Never on a Sunday".

Clark was anxious to move into his new apartment, but he was still waiting to hear back from Floyd. He had given him his work number, since his current ‘home’ phone was a payphone in his room. Knowing it was way too soon to return to Lois and paper,
I am pretty sure that should be "and the paper". At least if you mean The Daily Planet.

John Pack Lambert
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard