Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#87480 06/20/12 08:02 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Why lookie there. 12 - Midnight on the dot. I even amaze myself sometimes. laugh Happy First Day of Summer!

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/30/14 04:18 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Woo-hoo! Summertime and a new chapter! Life is good... except for the massive amount of things to take on and, oh yeah, summer semester starting up soon... huh )

And how long is Lois going to keep up the bit about dating Clark? At some point Clark's going to catch on or Perry's going to find out the truth... and either way, it's gonna hit the fan.

Can't wait to read more!!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I knew Cat wouldn't tell Clark's secret! It sounds like she could be a potentially useful ally helping Clark to win over Lois.

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So far so good. I like Cat! More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey, Mouse: Sorry, Summer's beating you down already and turning you into Bill the Cat.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> While reading it, though, I must admit that I did wonder that if Cat knowing Clark's secret might prompt them to grow closer together and smile1 Lots more Cat coming up.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
It's summer, the sky is blue, the sun is shining and I have a new chapter to read. smile

Great part (again). I think Cat could become a good friend to Clark. He needs one!

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
It's summer, the sky is blue, the sun is shining and I have a new chapter to read. smile

Great part (again). I think Cat could become a good friend to Clark. He needs one!

wave
Thanks, Sydney. [Linked Image] I think Clark needs a friend and confidant, too. evil

And for all of you who posted FDK, here's a virtual ice cream for you. [Linked Image]

Rocky Road. [Linked Image]

peep Just kidding. It's chocolate! Pure chocolate ice cream with chocolate chunks.

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“No man has ever looked at me the way you look at her. Trust me, Clark, if they did, I’d be a one-man woman… well, I mean, within reason.”
Trust Cat to put in that last qualifying phrase!
laugh

Again, there were *so many* good lines in this chapter, I was laughing throughout. Keep up the good work!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
“No man has ever looked at me the way you look at her. Trust me, Clark, if they did, I’d be a one-man woman… well, I mean, within reason.”
Trust Cat to put in that last qualifying phrase!
laugh
Of course! I mean, Cat wouldn't cave to someone like Applegate, now would she? He's no copier repairman.

Again, there were *so many* good lines in this chapter, I was laughing throughout. Keep up the good work!
Thank you. blush Just trying to keep the readers coming back for more. 'Cause trust me, more I can do. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just trying to keep the readers coming back for more.
Oh, you definitely keep me coming back for more. I thoroughly enjoy your sense of humor and your story-telling abilities.
I want Lois to fall in love with Clark, and you’re going to help me with that,” he said, pointing at her. “You.”

“Clark, I’m good, but I’m not that good. Nobody is that good.”
rotflol

Fun story. I'm looking forward to more...

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Vicki:
Oh, you definitely keep me coming back for more. I thoroughly enjoy your sense of humor and your story-telling abilities.
Thank you, Vicki. blush It won't be all fun and games... well, okay, it will be... but the games will be at night, and therefore darker... and I'm making this sound dirtier than I mean to. So, I'm going to shut up now. laugh

Fun story. I'm looking forward to more...
More posting in approx. 10 hours... sorry, 9.5 hours. Uh-oh. Back to prepping the next part.

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It won't be all fun and games... well, okay, it will be...
Check this out:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne..._226839817327703_1635880_374910706_n.jpg

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
It won't be all fun and games... well, okay, it will be...
Check this out:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne..._226839817327703_1635880_374910706_n.jpg
rotflol No cones planned as yet. Although, Lex could probably use one as some point. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“So, you’ve got the ability to fly. You can hear really well. You’re incredibly strong and fast. What else can you do?” Cat asked Clark.
He can let Lois win. A lot.

“I can heat stuff up with my eyes and cool stuff down with my breath.
[Linked Image]

“So…” she said, appearing to consider all the implications of that skill. “It really wouldn’t matter what I was wearing, if you wanted to see me naked, you could?”
Yes. But would he want to?

“Hummm,” Cat murmured, a contemplative expression coming her face. After a minute of thought, she blinked her eyes and came back. She took a cracker off the tray and said, “I’m right about you, aren’t I? You’re one fantastic lover, aren’t you?”
clap Are they about a farmer’s boy and the orphaned fawn?

Trust me, Clark, if they did, I’d be a one-man woman… well, I mean, within reason.”
clap

Then she gulped and looked down. “Ah… Clark?”

They were hovering a good two feet above the floor.

He lowered them back down and he let go of her. “Oh, sorry, that happens when I get excited sometimes.”
clap

Cat rolled her eyes. “Clark, she’s already madly in love with you. There is nothing you could do to lose the woman.
clap

“I don’t care if it ruins your reputation of lioness of the asphalt jungle,”
I think they call mountain lions ‘cougar’.

She glanced up at his entrance and looked at him as if he were a sorry piece of trash. “Well, look at what the Cat dragged in.”
clap

Clark shut the door behind himself. “Lois, Cat and I had about as much sex as you and Superman did.”
clap

The pity in her eyes disappeared as her focus became sharper, fierier. “Is that what you think?”
Oh, look. Bugs Bunny jammed a stone into Yosemite Sam’s gun.

“How many times do I have to repeat myself, Chuck? Superman and I do not have a sexual relationship. We have never had sex. It has never entered the conversation as a possibility…”
Only because he wouldn’t take a hint.

“Nor has it between Cat and I,” Clark said softly.
/whispers ‘me’/

Lois flung out her hand. “But you were at her apartment!”
Lois: Duh!
Clark: Aaaand?

“Yes.” And Superman went to yours, he was tempted to add, but didn’t, since Clark shouldn’t know that detail.
Also, that.

“And what sort of man do you think I am if I am unable to say ‘no’ to a sexually forward woman?”

Lois sputtered and sat back down. “An alive one.”
clap A very astute observation of the average male stereotype.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“That you distrust men so thoroughly that you actually believe that there isn’t a man out there that Cat Grant couldn’t seduce out from under you,” Clark replied.
No, she doesn’t distrust men, she just thinks that Cat has far more to offer than Lois herself. Like VD. And syphilis. Crabs.

“That’s not true!” Lois said sharply, and then lowered her eyes and her voice, “I know of one man.”

“Who?” Clark asked, even though he thought he knew to whom she referred.

Lois looked at him with an expression that read “duh!”
Oh boy.

Clark stared at her, sorely tempted to reveal himself as Superman to her just to win this argument, but with her belief that he slept with Cat, it would than more likely backfire on him.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hello, Michael. See doling out the FDK, one day at a time. wink

He can let Lois win. A lot.
Well, she plays to win. He just plays to play. It works for him, because his way he might not win, but he gets to play more often.

Yes. But would he want to?
Depends on the woman.

You know, I actually managed to miss the ‘t’ on the first read. Talk about preconceptions during reading.
Actually, this started out as a "Ken" doll but my fingers were used to typing "Kent" and I thought, "lookie there, another way to torture alt-Clark." evil

Are they about a farmer’s boy and the orphaned fawn?
Wrong Bambi.

[Linked Image]

Clark makes things rise up when he gets excited!
Strange, that's exactly what Cat was thinking.

Just to make sure it’s safe for Lois to use. She’d even put a Cat Stamp on the equipment to certify its correct working order.
But, you see, that's where the problem lies. Lois doesn't go where Cat's gone, which is why she hasn't gone anywhere in several years.

/goes, draws diagram, and mails it to Clinton St. 344
Clark: [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Oh dear. Lana really did a number on him. Wouldn’t it be fun if Clark actually had issues once he started to beyond-date Lois?
Lana did so many numbers on him he's lost count.

I can’t help it if I’m the best reporter at the Daily Planet.” She stared at him and dared him to deny her that title.

Maybe we should have a Tempus tell Lois this story?
Has Tempus been spying on him... oh, wait, Tempus doesn't exist in this dimension unless... evil

I think they call mountain lions ‘cougar’.
Yes, they do. I thought the nickname "cougars" developed in the late 90's. Oh, and Cat wanted to say something to you. Cat?

CAT: [Linked Image]

Hmmmm, I don't think she likes the implication that she's an older woman praying on a younger man.

Only because he wouldn’t take a hint.
huh Jewelry, not recommended. Good thing she's not the bling type.

They’re quite simple, really. Find woman. Like woman. Fall in love with woman. Pine for woman. Mope. Steps One to Three can happen within the same second. Steps Four and Five can last for years.
LOIS: No, Michael, they can't be that easy to understand. They have to be more complex than my VCR. It's not like you can just plug them in and they're ready to go, right? That would be... like... Boring. You must be telling me another one of those male lines that gets a woman to lower her guard... and then WHAMO she gets hit over the head with their complexity. Best not to trust any of their motivations, ever. <<marches off>>

CAT: Sorry, Michael. Lois has been like that for YEARS, for some reason. <<Cat looks through drawer>> Her birthday's coming up, maybe I should hand-me-down to her one of my older toys. You know, to start her off slow.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hello, Michael. See doling out the FDK, one day at a time.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She really wants to go where no woman has gone before, doesn't she?
Which is why in canon it works perfectly for her.

But she is. Let the record show that Cat is 13 years older than Clark. But Clark's still inside her dating pool, so...
Michael, all men over the age of 18 are in her pool.

Oooohhhh! Lois, Lex smokes, too.
Oh, then he's out too!

You use air guns to pepper your opponents with little plastic balls filled with color. It's sometimes used for teambuilding events. You know, gang up, hunt, and paint your fellow co-workers.
Yes, I *know* what it is. I was just wondering how it applied to our conversation. As part of "teambuilding". Got it. Thanks.

MICHAEL: I've tried, Clark. Maybe you should try Lucy.
Clark: Thanks, Michael. If I wanted easy, I'd be dating Cat.

Lex: Me, too.

MICHAEL: Hmm... I'm not sure Lois would want one of those. She needs something more complicated than her VCR. Do you happen to have any novellas written under a pseudonym about your outings?
Cat: Well, in a little under 20 years from now I do write a series of novels under a pseudonym about a Grey guy, but until then... Maybe I should just send over my harness and bar. It's more complicated than a VCR, especially all the straps and hook-ups. Oh, and Claaaaark, still willing and able for that test drive. [Linked Image]

Clark: Oh, look! What's that?

Cat: <looks around> Where?

Clark: [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Which is why in canon it works perfectly for her.
/nods gravely/

Michael, all men over the age of 18 are in her pool.
Right. Duh!

I was just wondering how it applied to our conversation. As part of "teambuilding". Got it. Thanks.
blush I'm still stuck on that one episode from Las Vegas where Dean Cain's character took his employees paintballing.

I thought Lex liked a challenge. Also...ewwww

Maybe I should just send over my harness and bar. It's more complicated than a VCR, especially all the straps and hook-ups.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm still stuck on that one episode from Las Vegas where Dean Cain's character took his employees paintballing.
Never watched that show.

MICHAEL: I've tried, Clark. Maybe you should try Lucy.

Clark: Thanks, Michael. If I wanted easy, I'd be dating Cat.

Micahel: I thought Lex liked a challenge. Also...ewwww
LEX: So, Clark, it's down to just you, me, and Superman battling over Lois. Who do you think she's going to choose: a nerd in glasses, a sauve billionaire or a flying freak in tights?

CLARK: (aside to Michael) Is this guy for real? (Looks around) Wait. Where did Michael go?

LEX: He volunteered to help set up Cat's harness contraption in a new locale and give it a test run.

CLARK: Um... I got to go.

Only, why would Clark run, well, fly? Away form a harnessed Lois, that is.
He's running away from Cat's offer to still take him on a test drive.

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard