Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#87289 06/12/12 08:10 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Well, now. I gave you lots to choose from in this Part to comment on.

Thank you for reading. Comments taken here.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/30/14 04:26 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh, dear! Just when it starts to get where Clark's heart is beginning to sing, Lois loses all sense of reason and makes it where she is on his list of people to avoid.

Then when you can begin to chuckle about poor Clark in Lois' hands, along comes Cat. She is not keeping Clark/Superman's best interests in mind. I hope that there is a bullet meant for her while they are flying (nothing fatal, but something to jog her memory and keep her in the hospital for a while.) Or Clark needs to learn the trick from the Superman II movies where he can kiss a girl so well that her memories are erased. I'm sure you have it all figured out, Virginia, but my poor weary brain in not able to think of how you are going to keep Clark's secret so he can live a life where he is just like everyone else in this universe. After all, he left one universe to escape that fate and now it is about to happen again? Poor Clark. Can't get a break.

Enjoying this.
Pat

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Love the descriptive bits about Lana and Alt-Clark. I can imagine with his upbringing that he's not as confident and might think he had to put up with such behavior. I worry a little this Clark might settle for a relationship between Superman and Lois.

How fun that Cat has noticed the similarities between Clark and Superman yet no one has the time for her. It will be fun to see how you develop this.

Joan

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
It's a very interesting chapter, Virginia. I specially love what you say about Cat:

Maybe her façade of unintelligent beauty worked too well at the office
Yes, she's very clever. And after all, if I remember correctly, canon Cat had a lot of books in her apartment... laugh

Looking forward (again) to the next part.

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow that was a well packed chapter! What will cat do? And will Clark cave and kiss Lois after all? More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Pat: Yes, this will be a roller coaster of emotions for our poor hero and heroine (don't worry, I torture her too). evil Oh, And Cat. I'll torture her too. laugh Actually, the only person I haven't tortured yet is Perry. Hmmmm. I'll have to think about that one. Of course, he's dealing with all these monkeys.

Then when you can begin to chuckle about poor Clark in Lois' hands, along comes Cat. She is not keeping Clark/Superman's best interests in mind.
Is there a reason that she should? huh That's not really in her job description as reporter.

I hope that there is a bullet meant for her while they are flying (nothing fatal, but something to jog her memory and keep her in the hospital for a while.) Or Clark needs to learn the trick from the Superman II movies where he can kiss a girl so well that her memories are erased.
Oh, no, we can't maime Cat. She has a larger role to play in my little <<cough>> for me <<cough>> story. Someone already gave Cat the memory wipe kiss in another story. wink So, no, that won't be used here. (And no, I won't mention the title, because I kind of just gave away the ending / plot twist.) Let's just say, looks may be deceiving.

I'm sure you have it all figured out, Virginia, but my poor weary brain in not able to think of how you are going to keep Clark's secret so he can live a life where he is just like everyone else in this universe.
Yep, all figured and outlined out. It's only the details and well, actual written story that needs to be filled in. laugh Just finished writing Part 28.

After all, he left one universe to escape that fate and now it is about to happen again? Poor Clark. Can't get a break.
A break? Well, *that* sounds boring. He moves to another dimension and girl instantly falls for him. Where's the conflict and plot in THAT?! Anyway, wouldn't that be like a one-parter? I don't do well with those.

Enjoying this.
Thanks, Pat. Glad you're enjoying my ride. Oh, dramamine and seatbelts needed for the next couple of parts.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
Love the descriptive bits about Lana and Alt-Clark. I can imagine with his upbringing that he's not as confident and might think he had to put up with such behavior.
I'm glad that worked, Joan. PHEW. I re-tweeked it yesterday afternoon before posting.

I worry a little this Clark might settle for a relationship between Superman and Lois.
Hmmm. That would be a twist.

How fun that Cat has noticed the similarities between Clark and Superman yet no one has the time for her. It will be fun to see how you develop this.
I always thought she knew more than she let on. I recommend rewatching S1 with this knowledge in mind, and you might find out that canon Cat knew as well. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sydney: I always thought (after watching 'Strange Visitor') that Cat was smarter than she let on. She's also much more observant. I always felt bad for her during "ASU", so I have given her a whole new motivation and outlook for life. laugh

Laura: Welcome back! Hope you had a good trip. Will Clark kiss Lois? Hmmm. Okay, YES. At some point in this story, Clark *will* kiss Lois. <<ducking>> Okay, more than once. <<ducking again>> Okay, fine, MORE than in canon. evil Oh, sorry, did you mean CLARK or SUPERMAN or combined? Actually, I just did a mental recount. Maybe not. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
The clock is ticking... my eyes are drooping... and still so much to do... so not much commentary for tonight. All in all, great chapter, yet again. Loved the look into Clark's mind with his relationship with Lana and even how much Lois just saying she likes flying with him really meant. Also- wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
The clock is ticking... my eyes are drooping... and still so much to do... so not much commentary for tonight. All in all, great chapter, yet again.
Thank you, Mouse. I know that feeling. It's usually that or the guilt that come with waking my hubby up at 2am that finally gets me to bed.

Loved the look into Clark's mind with his relationship with Lana and even how much Lois just saying she likes flying with him really meant.
Thanks. blush I just knew that I had to make him feel guilty for playing dirty.

Also- clap - loved that Cat knows! I wonder what she'll do with this knowledge... evil
Ooooh... She's going to have fun... lots and lots of fun... evil But first we have someone else to deal with...

And Trask is here already! My, my, things are moving fast! Can't wait for more!
Yea! Someone noticed him showing up. laugh

I'm glad it feels like it's moving fast.

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Yeah, the fifty cents is your toll. The seven dollars is the lady’s.”
Burn!

Lois owed him, big time and seven dollars.
razz

It didn’t help matters any when he had started to float the first time they made love. Clark hadn’t even realized he was doing it.
So, no floating with Rachel? Or was Rachel before he learned to float?

He had thought she was happy as well, until she screamed in fear and pushed him off her, falling the two feet back onto the bed.
confused Umm… the logistics…umm… That’s… huh

While she liked the presents, she didn’t like that he was flying about where anyone could see him.
yeah, couldn’t he buy them in Rome and Paris and London like a normal person. By sending his personal shopper over there while he keeps track of his business empire back home?

Seven months of no touching, then only hand holding, which led to a slow progression to kissing her cheek without her flinching, before she let him actually kiss her mouth.
I wonder if she had caught him in the stable, she probably would have allowed him to touch her again, sooner.

before he even brought up the idea of trying it again.
Really, Clark? Back then, you still thought having intercourse with Lana is a good idea? Marriage can also be without it. It’s called a political marriage and they do allow concubines. Say, a brunette Metropolite?

Then another nine months of begging Lana to allow him to prove that he had changed, of pleading for her to trust him, of promises to never let it happen again, and of agreeing to move to Metropolis, where he wouldn’t need to use his abilities and because she wanted to live in the big city, before Lana agreed to try making love to him again.
So, basically, Lana had him whipped.

The fact that what little there was of their sex life had dissolved into her using it against him, to get him to concede things he wanted in their wedding and marriage, but she didn't.
And Clark just stood by, the doofus that he is, and never mentioned that sex was meeeeehhh anyhow and he would like to invite Pete Ross to the wedding as his Best Man, even if Lana thought that he had too much contact with farm animals in the past.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I like flying with you, this Lois Lane had told him.
Awwwwwwww

. It had almost impossible to resist a come-on line like that.
goofy We’re talking about our Lois, right? Not Our Lois, v2.

If Superman became involved with Lois, he might as well tattoo a target on her chest
So, they’ll nix the El-crest body painting on her torso?

Hadn’t he made a vow to himself, just yesterday, that he would not flirt, or kiss, or… no, he wouldn’t even think those words… Make love… damn his independent mind… as Superman?
Ooooh! Nice. He did not exclude engaging in wild, passionate monkey sex with Lois.

The elevator dinged, and Clark sat upright, realizing he had wasted five precious minutes daydreaming.
Yeah, wouldn’t it be a bummer if he went through all this trouble and Lois still got there first?

A part of him felt like he should just give Lois the story. He felt guilty for using her crush on Superman to distract her from stealing his story.
[Linked Image]

They say “all’s fair in love and in war”, but he had to admit, what he had done to Lois certainly counted as cheating.
No, it doesn’t. Well, to Lois, it would. While what she did was perfectly legitimate.

Clark couldn’t believe what an idiot he had been, landing across a busy street from her. Of course, she’d risk her life to run across the street to Superman.
Duh! And here I thought that was part of the plan.

If she had gotten hit by a car, it would have been his fault.
Yeah, that would have been awkward. But it would have maybe cu- erm discou- erm show- okay, delayed Lois until she’s out of the stretch bed.

He remembered how back when he had started back at the Daily Planet in his dimension, he had heard stories of a mythical, boogeyman of a reporter – everyone called Mad Dog – who had loved to torture new hires by stealing stories from them.
DumDumDumDuuuum!

“Be careful, Kent. Mad Dog said ‘never to trust anyone’. You get too soft, and the ghost of Mad Dog will give you a life lesson you’ll never forget!”
Hehehehe. And Clark doesn’t yet know what they call this Lois, does he?

Perry had come out of his office and shooed them all away, telling Clark not to listen to them, that Mad Dog didn’t exist.
goofy

He stumbled back towards his desk, continuing to stare at her like she was a ghost.
Duh! The ghost of a rabid canine.

First Clark and now Eduardo? She was obsessed. Well, it was their fault. Superman was her story. They deserved what they got. Another life lesson, free of charge.
It’s like with the…creep…claiming that his victim deserved it?

Why wasn’t anyone else seeing it? Could she possibly be the only person looking Superman in the face?
Oh boy. Oh boy. And yes. Very likely. Lois is most definitely not looking at his face. Well, not as a whole.

She held up her magnifying glass once more, just as she had after the meeting that morning. There it was. She had been sure before, but now… she was positive. Proof conclusive.
The mole!

It would be an extra super bonus, if she got one before little Miss Investigative Reporter of the Year, two years running.
goofy

She didn’t really care about the sex; really, she didn’t. Sex was sex, fun and games. This was business. Only, this didn’t feel like business; it felt more like treason.
You did mention her getting extra time. And oh boy, does she. So, is that a prequel to the vignette where Cat said good bye after S1 and told Clark she knows?

She could tell her boss believed she was going to do some fluff piece, some report on the style of Superman’s suit or something trivial like that.
No, it’s about how Clark engages in sexual relations with Superman.

“Dammit! Lois! Clark!” Perry interrupted, grabbing two stories off his desk and standing up.
hyper

What would happen if she didn’t out Clark? Ooooh. The possibilities danced in her mind. “It’s okay, Chief. I’ll get back to you.”
hyper No wonder only Cat would ever notice such a thing. She’s the only one with enough cattish interest that she would look at them that way.

A large group of men in suits entered the newsroom; Cat’s radar was suddenly at attention.
Oh boy. You’re shoveling. *Why* are you shoveling? What’s changed?

Oh, crumb! Cat frowned.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: THREE FDKs in one weekend! clap

Oh, he’s going to steal the story that Lois stole from him.
I believe the phrase you're looking for is "take back".

You’re a mean one, Mr. Kent. Can we give him a Clarkie bear?
Clark: (choked up with emotion) A Clarkie Bear, for me? I... I... I had a bear like this before my parents died, but I had to leave it when I was put into fostercare. Thank you, Michael. I'll treasure it always.

But he *saved* her!
Details.

Duh! He could have just jumped to safety. Or walked on water. Or dove under the car and carried it to safety. But *noooooo*, he had to fly her. After she told him not to. He’s such a bad fiancée.
I think Tempus already established that Clark isn't much of a planner.

So, no floating with Rachel? Or was Rachel before he learned to float?
Nope, first flight was on Prom night after Lana paid him a compliment. Let's just say, he was too nervous about losing everything (first time, losing control, etc) to get to the flying stage with Rachel.

Umm… the logistics…umm… That’s…
She pushes him off, he goes up, she goes down, they are no longer touching, she falls. Again, not a science major here.

yeah, couldn’t he buy them in Rome and Paris and London like a normal person. By sending his personal shopper over there while he keeps track of his business empire back home?
Yes, Lana would have thought that an improvement.

I wonder if she had caught him in the stable, she probably would have allowed him to touch her again, sooner.
I'm thinking stable (with non-humans) would be grounds for a total and irrepairable break-up.

Really, Clark? Back then, you still thought having intercourse with Lana is a good idea? Marriage can also be without it. It’s called a political marriage and they do allow concubines. Say, a brunette Metropolite?
First of all, brunette Metropolite lost in the Congo. Second of all, he does want a normal life, with a wife and family, so that means political marriage is out. Third of all, he thought their love could be stronger if they worked past all of this. He was wrong, but that's what we like about him. His hope for the future.

So, basically, Lana had him whipped.
Yep. [Linked Image] I'm sorry, wasn't that obvious from 'Tempus, Anyone?'?

And Clark just stood by, the doofus that he is, and never mentioned that sex was meeeeehhh anyhow and he would like to invite Pete Ross to the wedding as his Best Man, even if Lana thought that he had too much contact with farm animals in the past.
Yes, telling Lana that her ploy to use sex as a means of control didn't work, would kind of back-fire on him wouldn't it? And Rachel was his best friend in high school, not Pete. Pete was just a foster brother. I'm missing something aren't I? clap her.

Duh! And here I thought that was part of the plan.
Nope, planning not his strong suit. "Plan" = distract Lois from phone call to Doris, Superman drops Lois off at top of building where it takes her a while to get back to a phone, giving Clark time to type up story.

Yeah, that would have been awkward. But it would have maybe cu- erm discou- erm show- okay, delayed Lois until she’s out of the stretch bed.
He prefers stretchable Lois to full-body-cast Lois.

And Clark doesn’t yet know what they call this Lois, does he?
No, why do you ask?

Duh! Clones are only viable for 14 days. So they have to be frozen until they’re needed.
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH... Cleveland was right? thud

I think that’s what one calls pathetically lovesick.
At least she's not obvious about it like SOME people.

I think the term Lois is looking for is ‘concubine’. And they take applications at the Superman Foundation every Tuesday from noon to six. Talk about the proverbial casting couch.
No Superman Foundation yet, so *that* must've taken place back in Alt-Dimension.

Umm…How about gene therapy. I also heard that crystal implants do wonders these days.
But she *likes* his super side!

She could offer to engage in sexual relations with him in return for his eating the potato chips.
It's still early in the game. Let's start with the easy stuff first.

It’s like with the…creep…claiming that his victim deserved it?
And? Let's see that would be...

Rule # 66 - Ethics according to Lois: It is acceptable for her to x-ray your butt to check out your underwear. It is not acceptable for you to x-ray her butt to check out hers.
The mole!
Two Points.

You did mention her getting extra time. And oh boy, does she. So, is that a prequel to the vignette where Cat said good bye after S1 and told Clark she knows?
That sounds like a funny story.

No, it’s about how Clark engages in sexual relations with Superman.
So, he's into role playing games? Or costumes?

No wonder only Cat would ever notice such a thing. She’s the only one with enough cattish interest that she would look at them that way.
It's all in the way you look at things. Lois, of course, for some reason, never questions her new found popularity.

Oh boy. You’re shoveling. *Why* are you shoveling? What’s changed?
Shoveling? Why am I piling all this stuff at the same time? I was trying to get further faster. It didn't work, but I'm getting better at it.

Loving the felinisms.
Oh, Cat-sayings. She IS a fun character.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
THREE FDKs in one weekend! [Thud] I've got ME some catching up to do. <<rubs hands together>>
You’ve got to ration them, Virginia! Not read them all in one session. Authors, never follow their own recommendations.

"Yeah, Lois, a real reporter wouldn't have let a metro cabbie hit her while she ran across 4 lanes of traffic!"
I’m sure Clark wouldn’t have.

No, but it really should be in there somewhere, shouldn't it?
You mean like ‘if you’re alone in a rented room with Lois, make love to her’?

quote: So, Lois should get an air horn?

Don't give her any ideas.
Wouldn’t it be fun, if Clark was just listening to something and Lois blasted the horn next to him?

. Maybe in another story.
hyper

Or geese. But on the plus side, hopefully Superman will hear it before it knocks into them.
10,000 foot geese droppings!

Sing, you mean?
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You’ve got to ration them, Virginia! Not read them all in one session. Authors, never follow their own recommendations.
Ration? What is this war-time? I ration your FDK, like Lois rations DCFB.

I’m sure Clark wouldn’t have.
Yes, but he's triple jointed.

You mean like ‘if you’re alone in a rented room with Lois, make love to her’?
Um... wouldn't that be a distraction from their <<cough>> DP assignment? Wouldn't that like be like Perry PAYING them to have fun, making them in essence Concubines for the DP?

Wouldn’t it be fun, if Clark was just listening to something and Lois blasted the horn next to him?
Doesn't Jimmy do that with the watch?

10,000 foot geese droppings!
So much for picnic in the clouds.

Hmm… No. And I think Lois agrees about him stealing her story.
Terribly sorry, I mixed up POVs.

You think if Clark found a crashed spaceship and shacked up with the wife he found in there would have permanently damaged his chances with Lana?
You mean, Sarah? Zara, that is. Yep, that probably would have damaged his chances with getting back with Lana too. I cannot agree she'd be big on cheaters.

Poor Clarkie. /asks Virginia to hug him/ Hmm… /Asks Virginia to send Clark to Sue’s cupboard for a night off/
WHAT?! I get him for a five second hug and Sue gets him ALL NIGHT? This is because she's writing Nfic, isn't it? [Linked Image] Well, let me tell you reading her story did inspire my Clark and Lois to... Never mind. [Linked Image]

Sue. Last Call Casualty.
Can't compete with the best. notworthy

She really wants to eat the cake, huh?
Just watched an episode of Smallville where a bunch of Sorority girls bake Clark a huge chocolate cake with his name over it in huge letters. I'm thinking YEAH, Lois wants a piece of that.

/imagines Clark posing as Superman in front of a full body mirror telling himself how super her is.
frown How sad. Role playing games for one.

Also, it’s twelve parts to dive into first bits of ep 3 and 4 of 22. So, say the total’s about 7 times that much for Season 1 alone?
blush Okay, there's this whole Chocolate bunny anology (or is it a metaphor?) I went into with my Betas... about the chocolate bunny of a story I started writing. It was only after writing this first story arc (eating the ears) did I realize it was a 2 ton 30 ft tall bunny. shock The story starts moves faster after that I promise. (Part 21, or was it 23?) grovel Please don't stop reading. I'm already into my third story arc (don't ask how many there are I haven't counted them), where I let my characters out to play. laugh [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ration? What is this war-time? I ration your FDK, like Lois rations DCFB.
help /starts worrying about getting jumped as soon as the new shipment is cut open/ Also, I'm working on my FDK backlog again. I'm up to 'One' now.

Um... wouldn't that be a distraction from their <<cough>> DP assignment? Wouldn't that like be like Perry PAYING them to have fun, making them in essence Concubines for the DP?
/tries valiantly to see point/

Doesn't Jimmy do that with the watch?
Yeah. But air horn is *much* louder.

Terribly sorry, I mixed up POVs.
hyper

Just watched an episode of Smallville where a bunch of Sorority girls bake Clark a huge chocolate cake with his name over it in huge letters. I'm thinking YEAH, Lois wants a piece of that.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/starts worrying about getting jumped as soon as the new shipment is cut open/
[Linked Image]

/tries valiantly to see point/
clap

Also, I wonder if there's any fics where Clark leaves Lana to go off with Zara only to come back and find Lana has married someone else, and THAT's when he moves to Metropolis... as a <<cough, cough>> divorcee. What would have happened if Clark had met Mayson before he met Lois? sad Poor fellow. He should come back here. It doesn't matter if my pacing is off. Currently only on what? 4 parts covering one day :rolleyes: due to being inspired by Sue's fic. Don't worry, I'm writing about a new day now...

Ooooooh! Cross-pollination already happened
Oh, what's that? [Linked Image] Hmmmm. My beta wants me to go back to the previous day and turn this "N". Sorry, ain't happening. PG-13 is as high as I'm going. I've got to get back to A-Plot. She's going to have to use her own imagination. wildguy Have no idea where you got that idea? [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Are you trying to kill the guy?
Why do you ask? And this story has only one dead Clark so far.
[Linked Image]

Okay, I'll stand back here and watch, and YOU put the leash on Lana.
I thought Clark could...? I mean, he would be able to reign in a Velociraptor, so...

The possiblities are endless. I hope LabRat has lots of server space.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Why do you ask? And this story has only one dead Clark so far.
Isn't one dead Clark enough? Or is it one too many? clap Good one.

Hey, I once took about 10 parts to cover one evening.
Did you ever finish that story? Or, wait, was that the other story you didn't finish?

Huh, just like Lois when she accidentally offered to share her byline...
[Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Isn't one dead Clark enough?
Does Tempus ever think that one is enough?

You really think Lana is tamer than a Velociraptor?! [Clap] Good one.
thumbsup But she *is* more concerned about what torn flesh would look like when it sticks to her nails or how a blood-smeared mouth might not be considered proper.

Did you ever finish that story? Or, wait, was that the other story you didn't finish?
Hey! I *did* finish Dare. I just never got to the intended squeeels.

wave Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard