Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#87236 06/10/12 08:27 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Well, I'm back. Posting every other day again as usual.

Deposit comments here, please.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/30/14 04:28 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#87237 06/11/12 04:10 AM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I like the subtle differences such as Alt-Clark not liking junk food. It seems like he's going to have more trouble coping with Lois' infatuation with Superman.

Joan

#87238 06/11/12 07:37 AM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi Virginia

Welcome back: we missed you!

I LOVE this part, with all these subtle differences:

His eating habits were atrocious! No deep fried foods. No dessert. No pastries. No snack foods. Fruits and vegetables at every meal. He drank milk at dinner, because he didn’t drink soda pop. He drank his coffee black, no cream, no sugar, or even low-fat milk. Who was this man, and why was he treating his body like a temple? Sure, she could see people kneeling down to… No, she hadn’t meant that! She wouldn’t go there.

Yes, she would agree that Clark had a gorgeous body, but one had only one life to live, might as well give oneself a little pleasure, at least sometimes. Please! The man didn’t even eat chocolate! It wasn’t human.
Very funny wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
#87239 06/11/12 09:59 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
If this continues to follow canon, I see a tip to the Metropolis Sweage Reclamation facility in Lois' future.

If this is Alt Clark and this Lois made him into Superman and then her timeline was changed, how much of what happened between her and canon Clark did she relate to him when they were together in the Alt universe and now he's trying, deliberastely, to reconstruct and how much is just happening?

Another problem, dizzy if her timeline was changed by removing Clark and Tempus huh because "Tempus Fugative" predates "Tempus Anyone". peep

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#87240 06/11/12 05:02 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Alt-Clark's food preferences are canon, but the use of stairs and some of the other things I gave him are mine alone. laugh

It seems like he's going to have more trouble coping with Lois' infatuation with Superman.
Well, it 'tis a bit frustrating when one's substitute soul mate looks straight through you and only sees a man in a tight blue suit instead.

Sydney: Thank you. Yes, I did better with subtle here than in other places. I love how many meanings you can put to different lines of dialogue (this works especially well with Cat... [Linked Image])

Very funny So, because this Clark is Alt Clark, he doesn't like junk food. I know it's canon but I wonder why.
I didn't know why either. He just told me, so you'll have to wait until you catch up to where my Betas currently are. laugh

And another difference that I like: this Clark behaves differently with Lois when she wants to steal his story: Way to go Clark! I love that.
Thank you. Well, what WOULD canon Clark have done if he had heard Lois? wink

And for you, Virginia clap clap
Why, thank you. I'll take some double clapping anyday.

Ken: There are 3, count them THREE, dimensions involved this in this story.

Canon Dimension = Where Clark DIDN'T die as a baby, where Lois made alt-Clark Superman, and where she married her Clark.

Alt-Dimension = Where this current Clark came from, which is the same as Canon Dimension until roughtly the middle of the 1800's, where Lois from canon dimension came and made him Superman, and where his Lois died in the past.

This alt-Canon-Dimension = THIS dimension where this story takes place is basically a copy of canon up until May 17, 1966. This dimension is the LIKE canon dimension in EVERY WAY, except that the Kal-El of this dimension died when Tempus covered him with green rocks as a baby. This dimension is also a damaged dimension (see below).

If this continues to follow canon, I see a tip to the Metropolis Sweage Reclamation facility in Lois' future.
Or Not. Would this Clark do that to her?

If this is Alt Clark and this Lois made him into Superman...
Ahhh. See, this alt-Clark, but this isn't canon Lois. This is an exact copy of canon Lois as is this dimension (picture that alt-canon-dimension in Matchmaker where Lois didn't have the pendant). Everything that happened to canon Lois up until Clark joining the DP happened to this Lois. Kal-El's death in this dimension did change some things (Jonathan being in the wheelchair, some people who died who would otherwise would be alive per BOOK 1), but only the things that Clark Kent influenced in canon dimension that he wasn't around to influence in this dimension changed... until alt-Clark arrived to take over. Since nothing Clark Kent did influenced Lois' life until he arrived at the DP, her life is essentially the same (to that point) as canon Lois'.

It would seem that you have created a temporal anomaly or a parsdox of some sort here.
The only temporal paradox here is the one that Tempus created by erasing himself from time by killing off baby Clark. Tempus closed the doorway into the past, which is why HG Wells and this Lois couldn't go into the past (to before Tempus killed Kal-El) to save this dimension's Clark without first saving Tempus and "righting" time (undoing the paradox). evil

BUT as far as this Clark knows, this Lois and this dimension have NOTHING to do with canon dimension. It's just another dimension just as his dimension was another dimension.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#87241 06/11/12 10:40 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Hee-hee. Lots of laughs and evilness this chapter.
“I’ve already met Mr. Right,” Lois told her, and then bit her tongue. She pointed her index finger at her little sis. “That is just between you and me. You better not say anything to Mom."
How much should I bet that Lucy misinterprets 'Mr. Right' as being Mr. Kent, and not Mr. Superman?
“Oh, Lucy, I was as bad as Cat Grant the way I threw myself at him.”

“Isn’t she that slut you work with? Go, Lois! Good for you, embracing your inner feminine side.
thumbsup Kudos to you for being so detail-oriented.
and why in the hell was he always taking the stairs? Didn’t the man trust elevators?
Probably just another one of those annoying my-body-is-a-temple things. Nothing to be concerned about, Lois.
Had Clark just unintentionally admit to having a boyfriend? Well, he guessed, technically, he would be sharing the place with Superman. Clark chuckled.
How funny! I thought that too when I was rewatching the episode- if it weren't for Lois' storming in, I think Floyd would have believed the boyfriend bit. Although... meh, who knows.
Maybe he shouldn’t move in here, too many memories of Lana. Then again, Lois had made him Superman, had allowed him to hold her in his arms, and had almost kissed him in this apartment.
It's a give and a take.
Lois looked around the dump that would soon be his apartment, the anger vanished from her eyes as she froze, and an expression of pained discomfort crossed her face. “I know this place.” Her eyes opened wider. “Where am I?”
jawdrop The first openly admitted (semi-)memory?!
“I thought you said you don’t have a girlfriend,” Floyd said to him
"It's complicated. We're meant to be together, because we're soul mates, but my Lois died and her Clark is gone, so I'm here to fill the void and be acting soul mate barring something else going wrong. Which in all honesty, will probably happen."
Wow, that was really nice of her. Clark smiled. Maybe she wasn’t so cut-throat as he thought.
Danger! Danger! Red alert! Lois Lane? Nice? Come on, Clark! Use your noggin!
Clark turned and faced front, a determined grimace on his face. She had played him for a sucker, and he had fallen for it wrapper, candy, and stick. “No, this is war, Ms. Lane, and in war, there are winners and there are losers. I am not a loser.”
Mwah-ha-ha!!!

(Clark would make a great super villain.)

Excellent chapter, per usual! Can't wait for more- though things are only getting busier and busier, and I might have to cut down my comments a wee bit in the near future. Wonder if AltClark will take the same approach as canonClark did...

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#87242 06/12/12 09:16 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mouserocks: drool

/spews water/ Is that what you've been hiding down there?!?
clap Why Lex always gets away.

Nope. Just full of himself. And crazy. He also frequently holds conversations with himself and doesn't have the excuse of another identity to blame.
And his dog. Don't forget that poor therapy pooch who probably won't make it until the holidays.

There's the optimist we all know and love.
This Clark is more of an "at least there's some water in the glass" sort of guy.

Another thing I didn't consider. I didn't even think about how weird it would be for AltClark to live in his own old apartment and the deja vu that might come with it. Kudos to you for being so detail-oriented.
Thank you for not grabbing the other word that most people use to describe my attention to detail. laugh

Probably just another one of those annoying my-body-is-a-temple things. Nothing to be concerned about, Lois.
Possibly. Or maybe he doesn't like to wait. He can move faster down (or up) the stairs. Maybe he has closterphobia. Who knows?

How funny! I thought that too when I was rewatching the episode- if it weren't for Lois' storming in, I think Floyd would have believed the boyfriend bit. Although... meh, who knows.
Maybe it would stop Floyd from peeking at that security camera he installed.

The first openly admitted (semi-)memory?!
Nope. That would be "I know you! You're Chuck!"

"It's complicated. We're meant to be together, because we're soul mates, but my Lois died and her Clark is gone, so I'm here to fill the void and be acting soul mate barring something else going wrong. Which in all honesty, will probably happen."
clap Full disclosure policy at the fair housing office.

Danger! Danger! Red alert! Lois Lane? Nice? Come on, Clark! Use your noggin!
You've got to remember the only Lois he knows well is that post-Clark Lois from canon dimension and SHE's nice.

Mwah-ha-ha!!!

(Clark would make a great super villain.)
Nah, his sense of guilt gets in the way.

Excellent chapter, per usual! Can't wait for more- Wonder if AltClark will take the same approach as canonClark did...
[Linked Image] Or shall we just assume he does and not post Part 10 tonight? <<ducking>> AcK! More tomatoes! Well, then, I guess I will be posting tonight.

VirginiaR.
---
#87243 06/13/12 05:03 PM
K
Blogger
Blogger
K
Thank you so much for the best unexpected belly laugh I've had in a long time...metaphoric ten foot pole!

Humor is a rare and beautiful gift, and boy have you got it. rotflol rotflol

#87244 06/13/12 05:06 PM
K
Blogger
Blogger
K
I couldn't even finish reading the chapter. The ten foot pole demanded immediate feedback...In his pocket laugh

#87245 06/13/12 06:12 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Katie123: Glad you are enjoying my little funnies. laugh

Humor is a rare and beautiful gift, and boy have you got it.
blush Why, thank you. I do my best. [Linked Image]

I couldn't even finish reading the chapter. The ten foot pole demanded immediate feedback...In his pocket
Oh, dear. You couldn't finish the chapter? eek I hope you've recovered. wave

VirginiaR.
---
#87246 06/14/12 01:22 AM
K
Blogger
Blogger
K
Oh yes...rapid recovery AFTER giving feedback...happily read the rest of the chapter...now suffering withdrawl from the chapter ending grovel

But honestly, compelling character development, interesting plot twists, they keep me coming back. Clark's hotness is very diverting. But laugh out loud funny when you're not expecting it is a gift. That makes my day.

#87247 06/14/12 07:45 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by katie123:
<strong> Oh yes...rapid recovery AFTER giving feedback...happily read the rest of the chapter...now suffering withdrawl from the chapter ending smile1 dance Thanks for all the wonderful compliments. You are more than welcome to FDK anytime. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
#87248 06/20/12 10:18 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Dinner with Clark?” Lucy echoed suggestively, sounding as if she was in shock. “I thought you hated him?”
Lois misspoke. She had Clark for dinner.

Where was everyone getting this crazy idea that she ‘hated’ Clark?
I thought she *said* it two parts ago?

Hate was a passionate emotion, and she most certainly didn’t have any passion for Clark.
hyper

Firstly, because Superman could never be anybody’s sucker;
Eeeeehhh…

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#87249 06/20/12 10:19 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark had held up a hand, surrendering. “I won’t say a word.”
/cocks eyebrow/

She had bought herself a Rocky Road cone last week and had actually ended up throwing it out; it tasted so bad, like dirt. She doubted she’d ever buy one again.
Ooooh! Didn’t Doc Friskin use RR to describe Call-Me-Daniel?

Perry had told Clark that Luthor was a dangerous man, not one to make his enemy, but in this dimension nobody knew that Clark was Superman, therefore, the reporter part of himself, his friends, and loved ones were protected.
That’s all true. But nobody knows about his heat-vision either. So, couldn’t he kind of evaporate Lex? Or whisk him out of the penthouse and let him fall down a couple of stories. Say, a hundred?

Criminals hated not being recognized for their bad deeds.
That’s what mirrors are for. And executions of arch enemies.

The billionaire turned away from Superman, and Clark knew it was because the man could no longer face him, guilt written with every step he took away from him.
Right. Guilt.

He might not be admitting guilt with his words, but with every action, every movement, every ounce of body language, he screamed his confession out to the hero.
Ah, what if he is a…say…sociopath?

Was that why he reviewing his image in the mirror? Did he think that Superman was going to kill him? Did he want to look his best before he died for his crimes?
Am… I think it would genuinely surprise Lex.

“Like any other citizen of the planet, I must obey the law. I am not above it,”
But he hasn’t been naturalized yet. He’s still an illegal alien. And where did Clark get the social security number from, actually?

“All you have to do is look up.” He raised his fist into the air and disappeared into the night’s sky.
Wouldn’t it have been fun if that had given Superman away as Clark’s boytoy just like it gave Tony away as Lex’s?

She couldn’t believe the man. He was going out to meet Superman without her, lying to her about it,
laugh

Had Clark just unintentionally admit to having a boyfriend? Well, he guessed, technically, he would be sharing the place with Superman. Clark chuckled.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

#87250 06/21/12 10:31 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Michael: wave

Lois misspoke. She had Clark for dinner.
If that were true, do you think she would have mentioned it to her baby sister?

I thought she *said* it two parts ago?
Selective memory.

So, not registered to vote, then?
Of course, she's *registered* to vote. When she turned 18, her sister dragged her down to City Hall and made her fill out the form. Actually voting on the other hand...

That’s gonna fly with Perry.
And that's going to change their relationship, how?

Hmm…The first time I read this, I figured Superman. Still kinda think so, but…

Yep. Lucy’s definitely thinking Superman here.
Of course, Lucy is thinking Superman! Who else? clap

Huh. I just realized. This Clark, doesn’t he know that they *don’t* do that kind of thing? Or does he just figure that this dimension is much crappier that way?
"They" who? Doris? Lois? Yes, I was thinking about changing up that line, since Clark had spoken to Doris on the phone the other day.

VirginiaR.
---
#87251 06/22/12 10:46 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
If that were true, do you think she would have mentioned it to her baby sister?
To shut Lucy up? Although, it might backfire. Luckily, Lois never plans for the fact that she's jumping into a puddle instead of Loch Ness.

Of course, she's *registered* to vote. When she turned 18, her sister dragged her down to City Hall and made her fill out the form. Actually voting on the other hand...
hyper

Lucy's still in college. This is the summer between Sophomore and Junior year for her.
laugh Then why did she have a job interview that required a business outfit?

I'm sorry, how is Lois a picky eater again?
/points towards Dead Lois Walking/
I'd like the chicken breast
sandwich, on sourdough, with a
slice of Bermuda onion
Also no mayonnaise, but could
you bring some Dijon mustard? On
the side. And some dills. If
you're out of sourdough, a
seven-grain roll will be fine. I'd
like some iced camomile tea, slice
of lime not lemon, and boysenberry
pie, heated to room temperature.
Somebody is reading between the lines again.
Is that why the font was so small? [Linked Image]
On an unrelated subject: One just got to love those smileys.

Her mind sometimes takes a direction not of her choosing, poor girl.
That's what writing novels is for. And fanfic. Oh. Right. I think I just figured something out...

Tempus isn't a supervillian? He's tried so hard. He'll be so disappointed.
No no. It goes Supervillians < Men who eat little babies < Tempus

No, that would have been psych student Sarah.
Oh. Okay. Then it wasn't just Friskin Sub Sarah in AL, but also in Prime?

All in good time, Michael. If we get rid of the megalomaniac so soon, who would Superman party with?
Lois?

True. He's using his old SSN from alt-dimension and hoping it won't come back and bite him on the A$$.
Isn't that kind of a spoiler? wink Okay, not. Since those things *always* come back to haunt you. Just like you die once you lose your very patient status in a horror movie.

"They" who? Doris? Lois? Yes, I was thinking about changing up that line, since Clark had spoken to Doris on the phone the other day.
Doris. Since Clark knows calling stories in works since he likely didn't have problems in his own dimension before Superman. So, Lois telling him they re-write him would be completely out of the blue. Like Elvis not being divorced.

wave Michael

#87252 06/22/12 03:51 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
To shut Lucy up? Although, it might backfire. Luckily, Lois never plans for the fact that she's jumping into a puddle instead of Loch Ness.
No, no, no, Michael. Lois is trying to be a *positive* role model, not a Cat-like role model.

And I'm sure Lucy's response would have been along the lines of "Sqeeee! Tell me more!" So, no, not really shutting her up.

Yes, the man in tights is having a...difficult time.
Another reason we right fanfic. evil

So Lois can no longer deny that they're related.
The family resemblence is too strong.

And the painted leather catsuit?
Oh, she *was* wearing that under her business suit. She's the original Catwoman.

/points towards contrary evidence on boards. Both sides.
Sarcasim, my dear man.

Then why did she have a job interview that required a business outfit?
I don't spefically recall any mention of a job interview? And, though it is practiced rarely nowadays with the younger generation, some of us do appreciate when job applicants dress up for an interview (even for jobs outside of the office-sector).

/points towards Dead Lois Walking/
<Lois's Chicken Sandwich order>
I thought that had to do more of having to eat jail food for the last several months (or days, if you take the show literally) and dying for a good meal.

Is that why the font was so small?
I believe the smilie you were looking for was this one: [Linked Image]

That's what writing novels is for. And fanfic. Oh. Right. I think I just figured something out...
I real writer doesn't put words in his/her characters mouth, but let their characters speak through their fingers. (i.e. while writing / typing) wink

No no. It goes Supervillians < Men who eat little babies < Tempus
I think you've been watching too much Austin Powers, Part 2.

Oh. Okay. Then it wasn't just Friskin Sub Sarah in AL, but also in Prime?
Nope, always Sarah.

All in good time, Michael. If we get rid of the megalomaniac so soon, who would Superman party with?

Lois?
That would be the after party.

Isn't that kind of a spoiler? Okay, not. Since those things *always* come back to haunt you. Just like you die once you lose your very patient status in a horror movie.
Maybe it won't come back to haunt him at all. wink

And I want to see a horror movie where you have to have sex to be protected from the serial killer... You know, I'm betting that there are pornos with this theme. eek If so, please don't tell me. I don't want to know. :p

Doris. Since Clark knows calling stories in works since he likely didn't have problems in his own dimension before Superman. So, Lois telling him they re-write him would be completely out of the blue. Like Elvis not being divorced.
As I mentioned before, I was thinking of altering this line to something else. Not everything is transferrable from canon.Face slap:
[Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
#87253 06/23/12 09:08 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, Michael, per your request (suggestion) the phone booth scene now reads as follows:

“So, you were here,” Lois stated the obvious. “Good for you, Clark. That’s great.”

Really? Hmmm. Maybe he had misjudged her. “I better go phone it in,” he said, pointing over his shoulder to the payphone behind him.

Lois grabbed his arm. “Oh, don’t! They’ll just re-write you up. My advice is to get back to the office and get typing.”

Clark’s brow furrowed. “No, they don’t. Doris did a great job on the story I filed yesterday.”

She looked at him in shock that he hadn’t taken her words at face value. “No, you’re right, Clark. They usually don’t, especially Doris. I don’t know why I said that. I just thought you might get to the office and type it up, be able to hand the story directly to the Chief, bask in his praise directly,” Lois said, glancing over her shoulder to the man who had just walked up to the payphone. “Anyway, it looks like that guy is going to be on the phone for a while.”

Wow, that was really nice of her. Clark smiled sheepishly for his earlier assumption. Maybe she wasn’t so cut-throat as he thought. “Thanks, Lois.”

She turned and pointed behind her. “Look! Take my cab!” she insisted. “Go on.”

VirginiaR.
---
#87254 06/23/12 10:27 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No, no, no, Michael. Lois is trying to be a *positive* role model, not a Cat-like role model.

And I'm sure Lucy's response would have been along the lines of "Sqeeee! Tell me more!" So, no, not really shutting her up.
wave Michael

#87255 03/09/13 04:57 PM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Lois doesn't like Rocky Road?! Squee!!!!! I love it!! That definitely brought a smile to my face. Hmm.. I guess she's got repressed pseudo-memories of Dan and her conversations with Sarah, doesn't she?

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard