Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Well, there you have it. wave

Comments appreciated below. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/30/14 04:30 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#87182 06/06/12 09:02 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hah! I got here first. Actually I started reading before the FDK post went up.

Okay, I was correct about Martha tumbling to the (super)gremlin.

Now they are looking forward to him showing up.

Looks like a dinner date to me and she may be softening toward Clark.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#87183 06/06/12 11:08 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I LOVED this installment!

Clark is a rival of Superman's on a different level than most of the canon stories. Lois just has the same instincts about Superman that saved him from being discovered before in other stories. This time, though, the Clark-part of him seems to be more lovable to Lois. She not only wants to be his friend, but she acknowledges that he is a good writer and a good guy. Clark is being a guardian angel to Lois as well as the Kents. And he is enjoying the part. The fact that he has had a serious relationship with other females also rounds out his personality differently than most canon stories. He knows enough to help Lois through all of her insecurities, but he isn't "Claude" savy enough to scare her off.

Hurry back, Virginia. I'm enjoying this story more than I can put into words.
Pat

#87184 06/07/12 03:30 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Really cute part. I will be away for a few days. When I get back I hope there is more. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#87185 06/07/12 04:40 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
When does Lois start connecting the dots that Clark just isn't from around there? Not knowing about Hoffa or Gibson? shock party

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#87186 06/07/12 07:41 AM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
“Or…” Martha finished for him. “We’ve got us one heck of a guardian angel.”

Both of them turned and stared at the television screen once more.
I hope Clark will go to Smallville now and tell them everything. They really are able to understand. At least, I think so! And they would be wonderful "parents" for him.

“And for the record, I don’t hate you.”
Do you know a French drama by Pierre Corneille, "le Cid" (1636 or 1637)? When Chimène says "Je ne te hais point" (I don't hate you) to Rodrigue, it means "Je t'aime" (I love you).

Is it the same for Lois? May be ... or not?

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
#87187 06/07/12 09:25 AM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Love Alt-Clark's cultural cluelessness - a Mel Gibson concert. smile That was neat to have Martha and Jonathan recognize the S on Superman's chest.

Joan

#87188 06/07/12 11:09 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks to everyone who is reading and enjoying my story. smile1

Ken: I thought at first you were talking dinner with Martha, and I got all confused. Don't worry, he'll make her hard again... um... I didn't mean it like that. blush

Pat: hyper Thanks. I'll take "Love". laugh

This time, though, the Clark-part of him seems to be more lovable to Lois.
Good thing there isn't anyone else she'd rather have. wink

Laura: Thank you. Glad you're enjoying it. This fight was fun to write.

Dandello: Well, he is a hick from Smallville after all. :rolleyes: And therefore not as cultured as a big city girl like her.

Sydney: As far as Clark knows, the Kents don't know anything more about Superman than anyone else. Wells told him that Kal-El died when the spaceship crashed. Clark doesn't even know that the Kents found baby Kal-El and renamed him Clark Kent. Otherwise, I agree with you.

Do you know a French drama by Pierre Corneille, "le Cid" (1636 or 1637)? When Chimène says "Je ne te hais point" (I don't hate you) to Rodrigue, it means "Je t'aime" (I love you).

Is it the same for Lois? May be ... or not?
I've heard of the movie "El Cid", but haven't see it. It *could* mean the same in a "The lady doth protest too much" sort of way, not in a way that she recognizes.

Joan: /Pst. I named a character after you./ wink Yes, well, Kal-El / Clark Kent was the son they never had, so they haven't really forgotten anything about finding him. Yes, I do need to get Clark enrolled in some Modern World Culture classes, don't I? laugh

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#87189 06/07/12 11:25 AM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I've heard of the movie "El Cid", but haven't see it. It *could* mean the same in a "The lady doth protest too much" sort of way, not in a way that she recognizes.
Virginia, I don't know this movie. "Le Cid' is a tragicomedy written by Pierre Corneille in 1636 or 1637. And in "Le Cid", "I don't hate you" is a figure of speech: in rhetoric, it's a litote. And it REALLY means "I love you".

So, what about Lois?
wave

Sydney

(Edmond Rostand)
#87190 06/07/12 12:50 PM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Joan: /Pst. I named a character after you./ wink
I was wondering about that smile

Joan

#87191 06/07/12 08:37 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
El Cid is a story about a Spanish General/conqueror from the 1600a or earlier I believe. Lots of horses and swords. When he was killed in battle his troops tied him to his horse with a framework to keep him upright and he led the final charge that way.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#87192 06/07/12 09:23 PM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
El Cid is a story about a Spanish General/conqueror from the 1600a or earlier I believe. Lots of horses and swords. When he was killed in battle his troops tied him to his horse with a framework to keep him upright and he led the final charge that way.
Thanks, Ken: the movie is probably inspired by the French tragicomedy from the 1600a : Rodrigue ("le Cid") is a Spanish conqueror who is in love with a girl (Chimène). And Chimène loves him. But Chimène's father slaps Rodrigue's father in the face... and Rodrigue kills him. What a dilemma for Rodrigue and Chimène !

Imagine Clark killing Sam Lane! wave

Sydney

(Edmond Rostand)
#87193 06/08/12 09:51 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Is it wrong of me to hope that Lois feels really really stupid and somewhat ashamed for her actions against Clark, when she finds out the truth?

I hope she finds out a lot sooner, and I really hope Superman doesn't encourage her crush.

~I Love this tragic sometimes magic awful beautiful life!~
#87194 06/10/12 07:23 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
Thanks, [b]Ken
: the movie is probably inspired by the French tragicomedy from the 1600a : Rodrigue ("le Cid") is a Spanish conqueror who is in love with a girl (Chimène). And Chimène loves him. But Chimène's father slaps Rodrigue's father in the face... and Rodrigue kills him. What a dilemma for Rodrigue and Chimène !

Imagine Clark killing Sam Lane! wave [/b]
Sounds very Shakespearian. Um... Sam Lane will be alive at the end of this story (as far as I know. I haven't written the end yet, so you never know.)

VirginiaR.
---
#87195 06/10/12 07:25 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by tooaddicted2tv:
Is it wrong of me to hope that Lois feels really really stupid and somewhat ashamed for her actions against Clark, when she finds out the truth?
Nope. Hope away. laugh Don't worry, I'll torture both of them equally. evil

I hope she finds out a lot sooner, and I really hope Superman doesn't encourage her crush.
Sorry, I can't say. Spoiler police don't like it when I say too much about the future. Define "encourage".

VirginiaR.
---
#87196 06/10/12 10:21 PM
Kerth
Kerth
A-ha! Now we're getting to this. Sorry it's so late. Been super busy lately. Hoping I won't drown in all the madness in the near future. blush
LNN’s assumptions during the initial reports had been mostly negative. The reporters had said that the flying man had something to do with an explosion over the shuttle that was supposed to take off to the space station that morning. When he had flown off with the shuttle, they assumed he had kidnapped the colonists, until told otherwise by EPRAD. Sensationalists!
Well, what can you expect from a man who ranges from such extremes as killing himself to destroying a superhero?
“Did you see this?” Jonathan asked, breaking Martha out of her reverie and passing her the newspaper. His finger pointed to a column under the fold, next to the main article on Superman, which was taking up most of the front page.

Martha took the paper and read, “Superman Confirms Rescue of City Worker.” She set down the paper. “So, he didn’t just arrive this morning. No, I hadn’t heard that. They haven’t mentioned that on LNN.”
Hmm. So he went out about that, eh?
“No, Martha, this…” Jonathan pointed to the article again.

Her brow furrowed as she scanned the article quickly. “I don’t…”

“Written by ‘Clark Kent’,” her husband explained.
clap Best laugh of my day.
What if he really was different? What if he wasn’t as good as a human man? What if Lana had had a viable reason to complain? Maybe he should have taken hours with her.
Time for some research, Clarkie! peep
“Like Clark?” asked the artist.
Hey. Someone's catching on.
And another thing, Lois, if he really is from another planet, how could he possibly be a prime example of human evolution?”
Ooh, burn.
“What are you talking about? Why wouldn’t he want to be found?”

“What if all this frenzy isn’t what this guy expected? Maybe he’s gun-shy,” Lois suggested.
Interesting role-reversal here. Lois understanding(remembering?) more about Superman than AltClark (who has never been in the position).
“Oh, Clark. He reads my work. He remembered my name! He asked you to look after me. Don’t you see what this means?”
"He loves me, Clark. He really loves me!!"
His eyes opened wide as a horrified expression came to his face, “No!”
Oh, yes. And frankly, you encouraged it. So don't be a spoilsport.
A Mel Gibson concert? A movie premiere, yes, she could see that, but a music concert? Lois raised a brow and studied him. “You’re a weird one, Chuck.”
Hee-hee. You know, one of these days she's going to wonder at the reason why Clark is so socially inept...
“I don’t know, I thought Superman, me, Jimmy Hoffa, and the Easter Bunny might go and get something to eat,” he said with a perfect deadpan.
Sounds like the start of a bad joke. laugh "Superman, his alter ego, Hoffa and a giant invisible Easter bunny walk into a bar..."
“No!” Lois nudged him sharply with her elbow. “Get this straight right now, Clark, I am never wrong. On occasion, other people, besides myself, do tend to be right, though.”
A lesson for all men everywhere. wink
As long as he didn’t beat her out of any Superman stories, they would get along just fine.
Umm... about that...

Great chapter! Too tired to read the next chapter tonight (as I see you've already updated it) but hopefully I can get to it tomorrow. And hey! Turns out I was busy enough this week to not have to complain about the late postings anyways, so I guess that's a plus. No tomatos for you!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#87197 06/11/12 08:51 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mouserocks: wave Sorry to hear about you drowning. [Linked Image] (This was the closest to a life preserver smilie as I could find.)

Well, what can you expect from a man who ranges from such extremes as killing himself to destroying a superhero?
Ah, so you suspect Luthor has some influence over the content of the Luthor News Network?

Hmm. So he went out about that, eh?
Since Superman admitted the rescue so freely to Lois, he figured he should probably admit it to Clark as well. wink

Did not see that coming! Should have, maybe, but I guess it slipped my mind...
As Tempus at one time mentioned, Superheroes aren't planners.

You're right. It makes more sense that he took your son's name and then disguised himself as Superman, out for revenge.
It's just a coincidence, of course. [Linked Image]

Yeah, he's the best, ain't he?
The Super son that they never had. He has some time to make up for.

His jaw dropped. “Hours?” Good sex took hours?
Best laugh of my day.
Thanks. blush Just one more thing for him to stress about.

Time for some research, Clarkie!
Oh, so he should take Cat up on her offer? She'll be so pleased you think so. Oh, there she is now. wave

VirginiaR.
---
#87198 06/19/12 10:39 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He actually took that shuttle up to the space station himself, under his own power, no jets or anything.”
Well, he did eat a bowl of chili beans that morning for breakfast.

That was why she and Jonathan hated getting their news from LNN; everything always had a negative tilt to it.
I’m sure that’s not correct.

For instance: “Our Great Benefactor, Lex Luthor, has graciously agreed to establish a privately funded space program which will be used to develop new kinds of medical products.”

Or: “In a tragic outburst of unforeseeable violence, a group of orphans tried to crash Our Great Benefactor Lex Luthor’s car by jumping in front of it. Fortunately, Our Great Benefactor is still alive and well and has promised to take the orphan problem under advisement. It is said, that he will establish a new orphanage that will provide secure housing, education, and future employment options for boys and girls.”

And lastly: “In a nearly unprecedented display of faith, Our Great Benefactor has chosen to rise from his balcony into the heavens. He will be resurrected on the 313th day.”

LNN had changed their commentary by the afternoon, citing the Daily Planet’s article, for the basis of their switch.
Yet another reason for Lex to acquire the DP. That way, it’s can’t refute his legitimate news service with such preposterous drivel.

They might have a newspaper to fill, but they at least didn’t have to try to entertain people 24/7. Print journalists had time to verify facts before they rushed to print.
You know, I never got why LnC where in *that* much of a rush to get the news into the newsroom. Sure, there’s a deadline. But unless you’re getting close, it doesn’t really matter since they can’t beat anyone, anyway.

“Just because Smallville is out in the sticks doesn’t mean people aren’t interested in what’s going on in the world,” Joan had told her.
Tell that to Lois.

“Did you see this?” Jonathan asked,
[…]
Martha took the paper and read, “Superman Confirms Rescue of City Worker.”
goofy

“Ugh,” Lois groaned.
Lois: “I have to have sex with him for *hours*? Why would I want to do that for *hours*?”

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#87199 06/19/12 10:41 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lana, on the other hand… well, Lana complained about everything. What if he really was different? What if he wasn’t as good as a human man? What if Lana had had a viable reason to complain?
Yeah, right. Uh-huh. They just might not have been compatible, through.
Something according to this here:
[Linked Image]
Or this:
[Linked Image]
Maybe he should have taken hours with her. His stomach churned at this thought. Fifteen minutes with Lana had seemed like eternity.
thumbsup Will you also show us how she actually got her third Kerth in October 1993?

“Right, Clark,” she scoffed. “And when you run across Jimmy Hoffa and the Easter Bunny, why don’t you reel them in too?”

Clark stopped and looked back at her with a blank expression on his face as if he had no idea who she was talking about.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#87200 06/19/12 07:33 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
New FDK wave

Well, he did eat a bowl of chili beans that morning for breakfast.
clap I stand corrected. clap

You know, I never got why LnC where in *that* much of a rush to get the news into the newsroom. Sure, there’s a deadline. But unless you’re getting close, it doesn’t really matter since they can’t beat anyone, anyway.
In this case the afternoon edition beat out LNN, hence the rush before other news organizations got wind of the truth.

“Just because Smallville is out in the sticks doesn’t mean people aren’t interested in what’s going on in the world,” Joan had told her.

Tell that to Lois.
Lois, see above quote.

Eeeehhhh… Clark is actually not that common a first name.
Okay, maybe not 1000s. Hundreds. Maybe it's a more popular baby name in this dimension, because of the popular comic book hero "Gutter Man" who knocks his foes into the gutter and walks around by day as a construction worker named Michael D. [Linked Image]

I like the name Clark, especially after it was worn so well by Dean Cain. [Linked Image] I could be tempted to name a child Clark (both my kids were named during my Harry Potter obsession, so no Clark's... although, one did get the middle name Oliver.)

Well, that’s understandable, little misses, now that the man of the house is back on his wheels.
Men are used to talking shop with men. Thomas is next generation, so he's learning to look sheepish when he does this.

Eeeeehhh… weirder things have happened.
You mean like the tights-wearing weirdo on LNN's new action scifi show?

/waits for Martha to start setting highspeed phototraps on their premises/
What? To sell to the National Whisper to help pay off Jonathan's mounting doctor and hospital bills? clap Let's hope Amelia Bedilia doesn't work there.

No, she’d have to recognize him as a viable human being to consider it an offense instead of just a description. No offense, Clark.
She does recognize Clark as a human being, possibly not a viable one, but after Superman NO man is viable anymore.

Maybe he needs to ask Lois to…scratch it?
I'm sure she'd comply. With her knee!

Oops. Right. My bad. And Lois’s bed. With Clark, that is.
Clark (and/or Superman) have yet to see Lois' bed.

Lois: “I have to have sex with him for *hours*? Why would I want to do that for *hours*?”
My, it has been a long time, Lois.

Yeah, right. Uh-huh. They just might not have been compatible, through.
Sorry, no square pegs in this story.

Maybe he should not have taken several moments to check the clock every couple of minutes.
You mean you wanted him to look at HER?

I think it was Dandello, or was it Rac, who explained that with showing that Kryptonians where evolved humans thanks to some external influences a 10,000 years ago or so.
I thought it was Bobbart. Truth or Consquenses series?

Will you also show us how she actually got her third Kerth in October 1993?
[Linked Image] /Psst. Here's another 2 points to your FDK pointbank. Mouse wants to keep track and cash them in for spoilers, but I told her she'd have to check my WHAM warning for spoilers as I'm not allowed to post them on the boards. Although, it might be fun to come up with spoilers written as if by Star. evil I suggested cashing them in for an early peek at Part 1 of Book 3 - which hasn't been written yet./

Well, Cat, at least, knows to dress homey for Clark.
Silver jumpsuit with Deely Boppers?

“Somewhere, very incredibly deep inside me, is some eensy weensy microcosmic, although highly unlikely possibility, that I feel professionally threatened by you in some sort of unmotivated, completely unrealistic way.”
rotflol

It means that he’s interested in her as a woman. That he wants to kiss her. Make love to her. Have her cook him dinner. Carry and raise his children.
Oh, well, in that case. Forget him!

It’s called Rule #9.
Alt-Clark makes a notation in his blank rule book. "Lois is never wrong. Even when she's not right."

Oh boy. That’s gonna be a bummer, then.
Why would he compete for Superman stories, Michael? He IS Superman. He can walk across the street and write a story about. Geez! :rolleyes:

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard