Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#87011 05/31/12 08:35 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

This part used to include the scene with Jimmy and Lois investigating over at EPRAD, but then this morning while prepping it for posting, I noticed the scene hadn't added anything new or different from canon. So, I shifted a few things around and brought up this final scene (from the beginning of Part 5) to replace it.

If you think I should add the scene back in, please let me know.

My RL will be really busy next weekend, so instead of posting parts on 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 9th (or late the night before those dates), I'm going to post on the 3rd, 5th, 6th, and 7th instead. I'll return to posting every other day again on the 11th. My apologies in advance if this posting glitch causes any confusion with my readers. Feel free to read the parts every other day (as they would normally post) if that makes that space between the 7th and the 11th of June seem shorter. wink

Please, leave your comments here.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/30/14 04:44 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#87012 05/31/12 08:57 PM
Kerth
Kerth
/pumps fist/ Caught this before the link for FDK was uploaded. laugh

Yet another great chapter! I think it worked fine without Lois and Jimmy's investigation included, but maybe that's just me. huh I thought it was a funny conversation between Perry and Clark in the closet. (Is that from canon? It seems so familiar to me, but I don't remember precisely... so it probably is.) In which case, I'm impressed with how you're having AltClark follow Clark's bootsteps so carefully. Though I do wish he'd stuck around just a few minutes longer during Lois and Lucy's conversation... would have explained a lot. (I know what you're going to say- 'where's the fun in that, Mouse?' And then you'll give me an evil grin and I'll have to concede and say how true you are and that I appreciate the evilness, but it's not so fun when I'm reading it, and you'll say something else about how much more evilness you have planned, and I'll be stuck going shock in horror and excitement. That about wrap it up? :p )

Phew. Anywhosit. Great chapter, and can't wait for the 2nd(3rd)!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#87013 06/01/12 01:11 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm looking at the clock and realizing I don't have time to post an individual fdk for each part of "Wrong Clark." Maybe later I can go back and give more detail, but for now, let me just say I'm enjoying this story.

While reading "Wrong Lois," I kept hoping you'd find a way to bring Right Clark back. I didn't want Lois with Wrong Clark. I was concerned that would taint my enjoyment of this second part of the Trilogy, but I needn't have worried. I am *totally* on 'Wrong' Clark's side here, rooting for him all the way! hyper

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#87014 06/01/12 01:30 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Back again. I'm confused about something. Ok, I'm confused about a lot of things. But I'm expecting most of my confusion to clear up as I keep reading. There is one question I'm hoping you can answer now, though.

Are all of these Lois's different Lois's or are they the same one? I get that New (Alt-)Clark and dead (Alt-)Lois are from a different universe. But in this universe, is there one Lois going through different loops of time or are there two Lois's (canon - who we can now consider Alt2-Lois - and this one) or are there multiple Lois's? If the universe splits into different universes, with different Lois's, then why does "Another" Lois w/out Clark "remember" Canon-Lois's time with Clark? help

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#87015 06/01/12 04:29 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Virginia,

You are just being cruel. razz

Lucy is very perceptive where Lois is concerned. She had picked up on Lois' attraction to her new partner. dance

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#87016 06/01/12 07:43 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mouserocks: Thank you. laugh

I think it worked fine without Lois and Jimmy's investigation included, but maybe that's just me.
I thought so too, which is why I cut the scene (it was only a couple of pages anyway). I'll throw it back in for the Archive version, unless anyone BEGS me to add it to Part 4.

I thought it was a funny conversation between Perry and Clark in the closet. (Is that from canon? It seems so familiar to me, but I don't remember precisely... so it probably is.)
Let's just say that conversation is closely related to what happened in canon (except the whole Perry asking Clark about his intensions, that's all new.)

In which case, I'm impressed with how you're having AltClark follow Clark's bootsteps so carefully.
Thank you. This will happen less and less the more dominos that fall.

Though I do wish he'd stuck around just a few minutes longer during Lois and Lucy's conversation... would have explained a lot. (I know what you're going to say- 'where's the fun in that, Mouse?' And then you'll give me an evil grin and I'll have to concede and say how true you are and that I appreciate the evilness, but it's not so fun when I'm reading it, and you'll say something else about how much more evilness you have planned, and I'll be stuck going in horror and excitement. That about wrap it up? )
Yep. Now, I have nothing more to add, since you channeled my voice so perfectly. wink clap (See my comments to Ken).

Phew. Anywhosit. Great chapter, and can't wait for the 2nd(3rd)!
Thank you. blush Glad you're enjoying my little romp.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#87017 06/01/12 08:08 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Vicki:
I'm looking at the clock and realizing I don't have time to post an individual fdk for each part of "Wrong Clark." Maybe later I can go back and give more detail, but for now, let me just say I'm enjoying this story.
Oh, shucky darn you got so sucked in you didn't have time to comment. wink I'm okay with that kind of FDK. hyper </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's hard not to root for the sweet, loveable underdog that is alt-Clark. Of course, in an ideal world we would end up with our true soulmates, but alt-Clark isn't a bad substitute for canon Clark (so far). wink

Back again. I'm confused about something. Ok, I'm confused about a lot of things. But I'm expecting most of my confusion to clear up as I keep reading. There is one question I'm hoping you can answer now, though.
Yes, my thought process makes more sense the more you become absorbed into the collective... <<cough, cough>> I meant with more exposure to the story, of course. blush

Are all of these Lois's different Lois's or are they the same one? I get that New (Alt-)Clark and dead (Alt-)Lois are from a different universe. But in this universe, is there one Lois going through different loops of time or are there two Lois's (canon - who we can now consider Alt2-Lois - and this one) or are there multiple Lois's? If the universe splits into different universes, with different Lois's, then why does "Another" Lois w/out Clark "remember" Canon-Lois's time with Clark?
Shall I just re-post my explanation I gave at the Another Lois Epilogue FDK? <<ducking from a barrage of tomatoes>> Guess not.

For now, I'll explain it this way: There is canon Lois. There is alt-canon-Lois (which is this "Another" Lois - same person, only earlier in her life). And there is Alt-Lois who alt-Clark left dead (in the past) back in his alt-dimension.

This alt-canon-Lois (the LOIS in this story) is supposed to be identical to canon Lois at the beginning of this story. The only difference is that this Lois (as opposed to canon Lois) has lived this life before (as canon Lois, before her dimension got brought into being due to the events in Part 1 of Another Lois, and as canon Lois had Clark never come to Metropolis.)

I hope this helps (and isn't a case of the more she explains it the more confused I get). [Linked Image]

What Lois knows, remembers, feels from her "past" will become more clear in Part 5.

VirginiaR.
---
#87018 06/01/12 08:19 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
<strong>You are just being cruel. razz
This will teach him not to eavesdrop, right? [Linked Image] Nah, I didn't think so either. If you don't like what other might say about you, you shouldn't eavesdrop in the first place. I can't make it too easy for alt-Clark. It's more fun to torture my characters. dance </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, Lois did protest a bit much there. It was kind-of obvious to the casual observer. I would think having grown up with her sister, Lucy understands her quite well (possibly better than Lois understand Lucy). More on Lucy later.

VirginiaR.
---
#87019 06/01/12 08:26 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Virginia,

Quote:
---------------------------------------------
I'm cruel? Have you read the Matchmaker Chronicals? <<ducking>> I'm being nicer to alt-Clark than THAT author. <<nudge, nudge>>

----------------------------------------------
I'm nor so sure about that.

kj
#87020 06/01/12 08:53 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ken! shock <<cough, cough>> Spoiler Alert! <<cough>> You might want to edit that last post. wink

VirginiaR.
---
#87021 06/01/12 10:44 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Virginia,

Yes, quite correct. Done.

kj
#87022 06/02/12 08:16 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I like the series so far. I've always been a fan of Alt-Clark.

I will say, I really hope Superman doesn't make an appearance too soon here. I think Clark is getting somewhere with Lois and I think Superman showing up would ruin it all.

Looking forward to reading more.

~I Love this tragic sometimes magic awful beautiful life!~
#87023 06/02/12 11:38 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by tooaddicted2tv:
I like the series so far. I've always been a fan of Alt-Clark.
Hi, TooAddicted2TV. Welcome to my messed up world. smile1

I will say, I really hope Superman doesn't make an appearance too soon here. I think Clark is getting somewhere with Lois and I think Superman showing up would ruin it all.
So, you think Supes shouldn't save them from the Messenger warehouse / hanger? <<runs back to Wrong Clark file [Linked Image] type, type, type, edit, rewrite, edit>> [Linked Image] So, you think Clark and Lois should get together NOW? And live happily ever after? But... but... but... where's the fun in that? That would be too easy! Of course, if I did that, then I could bring back her Clark on about their second anniversary, when she's pregnant with their first child, just to spice things up and... No, wait, I think that happened in someone else's story. Oh, well. I'll just stick with what I have and torture my characters some more. I'm sorry. evil

Looking forward to reading more.
More posting in roughly 10 hours.

VirginiaR.
---
#87024 06/02/12 06:34 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
So, you think Supes shouldn't save them from the Messenger warehouse / hanger?
Actually I just hate for Superman to come and ruin the connection between Clark and Lois...

I guess you could say I prefer Clark and Lois and not necessarily Superman and Lois, well at least when Lois is completely infatuated with Supes, and not Clark...

Plus I was hoping to see a different outcome with the messenger, versus what happened with the Clark & Lois we know of...

~I Love this tragic sometimes magic awful beautiful life!~
#87025 06/02/12 06:43 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by tooaddicted2tv:
Actually I just hate for Superman to come and ruin the connection between Clark and Lois...

I guess you could say I prefer Clark and Lois and not necessarily Superman and Lois, well at least when Lois is completely infatuated with Supes, and not Clark...

Plus I was hoping to see a different outcome with the messenger, versus what happened with the Clark & Lois we know of...
Well, it wouldn't be much of a triangle with only two people in it? (Unless you include Lex, and well, I prefer the square in that case, because Clark has a 2/3 better chance wink Actually in this story the shape is actually closer to a... well, I better not spoil it for you. laugh ) No, I think we all agree that Lois and Clark are the ideal couple... the ultimate goal in all stories. I will have some twists and turns from canon on that front.

VirginiaR.
---
#87026 06/03/12 03:17 AM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Oh boy, Alt-Clark isn't off to a good start.

Joan

#87027 06/03/12 05:50 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
Oh boy, Alt-Clark isn't off to a good start.

Joan
Nah, where would be the fun in that? evil

VirginiaR.
---
#87028 06/06/12 07:18 AM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
“Or it could have been an invitation to spend the night,” Lucy warned. “Rich men have an expectation to get whatever they want from women, just like on ‘Ivory Tower’.”

“Lucy, this is real life not that stupid soap opera of yours
Lucy is addicted to Ivory Tower? Not Lois? I love the twist wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
#87029 06/06/12 07:20 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
“Or it could have been an invitation to spend the night,” Lucy warned. “Rich men have an expectation to get whatever they want from women, just like on ‘Ivory Tower’.”

“Lucy, this is real life not that stupid soap opera of yours
Lucy is addicted to Ivory Tower? Not Lois? I love the twist wave
Actually, they are both addicted to it, but Lois would never admit it. wink Lois was watching 'Ivory Tower' back in Part 2, when she burst into tears thinking she'd never find the love of her life.

VirginiaR.
---
#87030 06/11/12 11:05 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Even though he knew they were destined to be together, he also knew that they would never be together if he kept on antagonizing her.
help And you *are* evil that you let Clark leave so early.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard