Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

love Ah, our love birds have met.

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/30/14 04:47 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#86946 05/28/12 05:46 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Interesting, all the little differences so far. We'll see if they are meant to be love birds. Looking forward to more of this twisted tale. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#86947 05/28/12 07:07 AM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
It will be fun to see this Clark take different steps than the original.

"Chuck" rotflol

Joan

#86948 05/28/12 07:29 AM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Very interesting chapter!

Lois thinks that Clark seems familiar? Why? Because of DreamClark? But in 1993, it's too early. At least I think so... confused

And what about the first Jimmy (Michael Landes)? He is in the newsroom in 1993 because we are in Season 1. Okay. But will Clark save him this time? Because in Another Lois, we had his cousin, Season 2 Jimmy. confused

And a question: Lois is calling Clark " Chuck". It's funny but did you choose this name on purpose? I'd hate to miss something because English is not my first language. wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
#86949 05/28/12 07:46 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Laura: Thank you. I'm twisted? [Linked Image] Oh, my tale. Yeah, that's possible. laugh

Joan: [Linked Image] You change one thing and lots of little things along with it. smile1

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#86950 05/28/12 04:45 PM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
He had to change his resume to fit his reference. He added this new lie to all the others for which he would have to atone.
Oh dear, I'm realizing that his "real self" is all Clark, Lois will see him as "all Superman" if he's not careful when she finds out the truth.

“Good. Let’s take a look.” He paused at the first one. “The Borneo Gazette: ‘Mating Rituals of the Knob-Tailed Gecko’?” He swallowed. “Kent, I’m sure these are fascinating stories, but you see, son, this is the Daily Planet…” he started to say
I'm guessing Lana probably made him take more practical stories at one time. (And I'll admit that just a wild guess as to why he had other more practical stories that would be too identifiable while Canon Clark wouldn't besides the fact that Alt-Clark's experience at the Alt-DP.)

when a woman with a dark brunette bob burst into his office. “Lois! Can’t you see I’m in the middle of something here?” He indicated Clark.

Without knowing he did so, Clark levitated out of his seat. Quickly, he set his feet on the floor so it appeared that he had only stood up as courtesy to her. His eyes sought out hers for the brief half a partial second she allowed, before she returned her focus to her boss.

Lois Lane.

Clark had been thinking about this interview so completely he had forgotten that he might actually see her. He was completely unprepared in how this chance meeting slammed him in the chest like a wrecking ball.

Lois nodded to Clark, immediately dismissing him.
Wow, attraction on his end at least. I don't remember if there was more than a passing glance from Lois in the Pilot, either.

Clark’s heart which had rose with anticipation of this meeting thudded into his shoes as he sat himself back down. He wasn’t even worth a second glance from the woman of his dreams. What was he doing here? Maybe Wells was right. Maybe the connection wasn’t with every Lois.

“Lois, can’t you see I’m in the middle of something here?”

Then her eyes darted back to Clark as Perry introduced them and Clark got to his feet again. “Lois Lane… Cl…”

“Chuck, isn’t it?” she asked.

Chuck? Clark held out his hand. “Clark,” he corrected. “Clark Kent.”
*snort* I guess Lois letting him introduce himself is something limited to soulmate pairings and not near-soulmates. And Lois "almost" knowing??? Something's off here. I'm sure we'll find out in time.

She ignored his hand as she studied him with more interest than her earlier brush off had implied she ever would. “I know you,” she said, pointing at him. “I don’t know from where, but you seem awfully familiar.”
Wait... what?? shock thud I guess because her timeline is in a loop some things just stuck in her subconscious.

Clark blanched. They didn’t know each other. He had never met this Lois before. He smiled to cover this guffaw. “Perhaps in a previous life,” he teased.

“A previous life where you were named Chuck?” She laughed.
Oh yes you have... you just don't (and won't?) know it. For some reason it sounds like there's a better connection between these two than the original. Probably because there isn't the pesky soul-connection gumming up the works. Sometimes it can be more trouble than it's worth.

He loved her already. How could he not? She was more beautiful than he remembered the other Lois looking. Her hair was styled differently, longer. Fortunately, that instantaneous connection he had felt before, was still there.
Well, it's not a soul-connection but it is full on attraction. I guess that counts for something.

“So, Chief, are you hiring Chuck?” she asked Perry. “’Cause I could use him on my team, like an hour ago. I have a lot of research to wade through.”
*snort* Sounds like she's always going to call this Clark "Chuck."

His eyes returned to Lois in time to see her nod to Jimmy to acknowledge that she understood that she had a telephone call. “I’ve got to go. Nice meeting you, Chuck,” she said with a wave to Clark. “Again.” She shut the door on her exit.
Huh, is she just joking or does she seriously believe they've met before?

“I tell ya, if that woman wasn’t the best damn investigative reporter I’ve ever seen, I’d…” Mr. White went back to checking his heart rate, before remembering why Clark was there. “Look, Kent, I’m sure you’re an intelligent guy, but you can’t just walk in here with this kind of resume and expect a job.”

Clark realized that this interview wasn’t going in the direction he expected. “Mr. White, I know those aren’t the best samples, but I’m a good writer, a hard worker, and I do have experience…” He had been doing the job for the past four years.

“Kent,” Mr. White interrupted him. “Kent, I just don’t have anything for you, son.”

He hadn’t been hired?
Just the way the other one went. Unfortunately the introduction to Lois went differently and as a result hasn't learned about the theater being torn down.

What was he supposed to do now? The Daily Planet had been Clark’s life – his home – for the past four years. Did he really want to be in this dimension working somewhere else? Was there anyplace else nearby – so as to keep him close to Lois – where Clark Kent could work? Would she even talk to him, let alone date him, if he worked for the Gotham Gazette or The New York Times? Probably not. The Metropolis Star was closest newspaper, but he hoped never to be that desperate for a paycheck.
This is one spot where CanonClark and AltClark seem to have differing motivations. While CanonClark was disappointed in not getting the position it didn't really seem to faze him (probably because he believed he had other options even though he really did hope to make Metropolis his home.)

Clark started moving towards the exit. He spied Lois at her desk on the telephone and his reluctant steps slowed. At least he could salvage something from today. She hung up the phone. It was now or never.

“Yes?” Lois asked as she noticed him standing there.

“Would you like to have lunch with me?” he asked.

She hesitated less than a brief moment, enough only for him to perceive, but not anyone else, before swinging around to go through the files on her desk. “Rule number one: I don’t date people I work with.”
Boy, does he have the gumption to try and take her out when he doesn't have a job. I can't fault him for his assertiveness, though. I do find it interesting that she paused. I suspect there was a moment in the back of her mind where she was going, "yes!!!" before pulling back.

Ahhh.... so HERE'S where he finds out about the "mood" piece Lois refused to do.

Lois groaned and then noticed that Clark was still next to her desk, waiting for an answer. He knew by how distracted she was what her reply would be, but he couldn’t leave. Not if he had a one out of a million shot that she would say ‘yes’, he couldn’t leave.

“I brought my lunch,” she informed him. “Anyway, how are you going to afford to take me out without a job?”

“Kick a man while he’s down, why don’t you, Lois?” Jimmy mumbled, passing by and dropping a file on her desk.
Good Job, Jimmy. Poor Clark, though. He so wants to make her a part of his life and she keeps stomping on his hopes.

Lois looked up at him again. “I’m sorry, Chuck. I’m sure you’re a nice guy and all, but I really don’t date reporters – employed or not.”
He really should have thought about this one a little more seriously. I mean, the CanonLois did get engaged to a reporter (her partner, no less) so that's rather obvious that's not the case.

Suddenly, Clark was curious what her answer would have been if he had asked her while in the blue Suit, before remembering that nobody in this dimension knew about Superman. Her answer probably would have been the same; it was a ridiculous skintight blue Suit, cape, outfit with shorts! She would never want to date a man dressed like that.
Hmmmm.... For a second I was thinking there might be a possibility that he would consider the idea of dating her as Superman but thought about that again. I don't know whether he was thinking it was a possibility here or not.

She had been asked on a date. This very morning, some man had been interested in her and had asked her out to lunch. She had wanted to tell Lucy, when her younger sister had once more started in on Lois’ lack of a social life, but for some reason Lois hadn’t mentioned the handsome man with dark hair and glasses who had shown no fear of her and actually asked her on a date.

If she hadn’t been distracted by the Platt story about the Messenger sabotage… If he had asked her out for dinner and not lunch… If he hadn’t been another blood-sucking reporter… If he hadn’t been unemployed… Lois sighed. If she hadn’t been tempted to say yes…
Lois, Lois, Lois, you've really got to think about letting loose some of these stipulations from time to time. You'll never find your "prince charming" otherwise.

Lois had no idea why she had been tempted. She knew nothing about the man, but there was something there, something intangible, something distinctive, something familiar.

He had claimed that they had never met. He had joked that she had known him in a past life. Had she?
Ah, yes they have... sort of.

That was what Lois wanted: to love so deeply that even if her true love died, she would still love him until the end of time, even if another man came along who wanted her. Tears came to her eyes and, for a reason Lois didn’t understand, she began to cry. It was at that moment, she realized the reason.

She would never love that deeply.

Never find a man she could love like that.

Never find a man to love her like that.
*exasperated sigh*

“Thank you for the offer, Cat. I’ll keep it under consideration,” he replied.

Cat’s face fell, knowing a brush off when she heard one. She glanced over her shoulder at Lois who was back on the phone and then back at Clark. “I guess some worms prefer early birds to night owls.”
Ah, yah.

“Nine o’clock, Luthor Towers, and we’ll see who’s right,” she told him. “And who’s buying me coffee tomorrow.”

Now, that sounded like a date. Clark couldn’t help but smile. “I thought you didn’t date co-workers? Rule number one, wasn’t it?”

Lois stood up, strode the four steps to his desk, and stuck a finger in his face. “This…” She pointed between them. “— isn’t a date. This is business.”

Was that what it was called in this dimension? Sounded like a date to him.
Not sure if it's a date, really but it certainly sounds like a bet at least.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#86951 05/28/12 08:06 PM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
2) Chuck is a nickname for Charles (another nickname would be Charlie)
Thank you, Virginia, I didn't know that Chuck was another nickname for Charles. wave

Sydney

(Edmond Rostand)
#86952 05/28/12 08:09 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
thumbsup

For some reason it sounds like there's a better connection between these two than the original. Probably because there isn't the pesky soul-connection gumming up the works. Sometimes it can be more trouble than it's worth.
Don't you know it. It's much better to fall for someone who isn't your soulmate. laugh

Well, it's not a soul-connection but it is full on attraction. I guess that counts for something.
Not 100% soulmate, but 95% soulmate counts for something too, doesn't it?

*snort* Sounds like she's always going to call this Clark "Chuck."
At first, until she learns it's not really his name.

Huh, is she just joking or does she seriously believe they've met before?
Here, she's joking.

This is one spot where CanonClark and AltClark seem to have differing motivations. While CanonClark was disappointed in not getting the position it didn't really seem to faze him (probably because he believed he had other options even though he really did hope to make Metropolis his home.)
Here alt-Clark assumes he'll get the job. Canon Clark knew it was a long shot.

Boy, does he have the gumption to try and take her out when he doesn't have a job. I can't fault him for his assertiveness, though. I do find it interesting that she paused. I suspect there was a moment in the back of her mind where she was going, "yes!!!" before pulling back.
Possbily.

Good Job, Jimmy. Poor Clark, though. He so wants to make her a part of his life and she keeps stomping on his hopes.
Yep, that describes their relationship in a nutshell.

He really should have thought about this one a little more seriously. I mean, the CanonLois did get engaged to a reporter (her partner, no less) so that's rather obvious that's not the case.
But Clark doesn't know that she's the same Lois (essentially) that made him Superman. Maybe in this dimension she sticks to that rule.

For a second I was thinking there might be a possibility that he would consider the idea of dating her as Superman but thought about that again. I don't know whether he was thinking it was a possibility here or not.
It wasn't a serious thought.

Lois, Lois, Lois, you've really got to think about letting loose some of these stipulations from time to time. You'll never find your "prince charming" otherwise.
But soon every man in Metropolis will be after her!

Not sure if it's a date, really but it certainly sounds like a bet at least.
laugh True, but as this is Clark's POV, he's going to go with "date".

VirginiaR.
---
#86953 05/28/12 08:14 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
Thank you, [b]Virginia
, I didn't know that Chuck was another nickname for Charles. wave [/b]
You're welcome, Sydney. "Charlie" fits Clark's personality better than "Chuck" as Chuck has more of a blue-collar, construction worker feel to it (in my opinion, I could be wrong.)

VirginiaR.
---
#86954 05/28/12 08:30 PM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
"Charlie" fits Clark's personality better than "Chuck" as Chuck has more of a blue-collar, construction worker feel to it (in my opinion, I could be wrong.)
Yes, I remember now. Did you read Alison Lurie's Foreign Affairs ? It's a very good book. I read it a long time ago, in a French translation, but I'm sure that one very unsophisticated character was called Chuck. For Clark, Charlie is better! wave

Sydney

(Edmond Rostand)
#86955 05/29/12 02:34 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by Sydney:
[b]
Thank you, [b]Virginia
, I didn't know that Chuck was another nickname for Charles. wave [/b]
You're welcome, Sydney. "Charlie" fits Clark's personality better than "Chuck" as Chuck has more of a blue-collar, construction worker feel to it (in my opinion, I could be wrong.) [/b]
I think the reason I find "Chuck" so funny is because of "Charles Bartowski/Carmichael" also known as "Chuck" in the TV series of the same name. He's a nerdy type of character so my mental impression of the name is a geeky-type of person. You do have to admit that Clark fits that profile on occasion (although Jimmy from this series WAY more so.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#86956 05/29/12 04:00 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
So we begin, huh?

Poor old Clark. In any universe, Lois seems to knock him off his foundations. This time he floated up, but he lost control because of her. It amazes me that regardless of the story, regardless of the setting, or regardless of the set-up, Clark loves Lois instantly. Lois in this story seems to have passing interest too! Good place to start!

Happy story-telling, Virginia! I'm here for the ride.
Pat

#86957 05/29/12 04:42 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Vitginia,

Okay, you have me moderately confused. Are you talking about the same universe as in Another Lois? confused

Are you changing the history of the universe from Another Lois by bringing in Alt Clark when Clark should have arrived as in canon universe? confused

And this is occurring after the Clark of that universe was killed by Tempus as a child and there is a history already established beyond this point. help

With Jonathan injured it looks like the same universe as Another Lois. huh

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#86958 05/29/12 04:49 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Christina:
I think the reason I find "Chuck" so funny is because of "Charles Bartowski/Carmichael" also known as "Chuck" in the TV series of the same name. He's a nerdy type of character so my mental impression of the name is a geeky-type of person. You do have to admit that Clark fits that profile on occasion (although Jimmy from this series WAY more so.)
I always thought that what was so funny about Chuck's name from that show, was that he sooooooooo not a "Chuck". It instantly showed the audience that it would be dramedy as opposed to a full-on drama. Just like with "Buffy" - the audience knew just from the name that there would be some funny stuff as well. (Please, keep in mind I've only seen a couple of episodes of Chuck, and I LOVE Buffy. laugh It was my first obsession before L&C.)

VirginiaR.
---
#86959 05/29/12 04:58 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by angelsgmaw:
So we begin, huh?
Well, actually Pat we began back in Part one... <<ducking>>. laugh

Poor old Clark. In any universe, Lois seems to knock him off his foundations. This time he floated up, but he lost control because of her. It amazes me that regardless of the story, regardless of the setting, or regardless of the set-up, Clark loves Lois instantly.
Well, since technically, this is the same Lois he fell in love with back in his dimension, it would be quite surprising if he didn't fall instantly for her younger self. (Of course, Tank would probably blame it on the longer hair wink Of course, if that were the reason, it would mean Clark was quite the shallow man, wouldn't it?)

Lois in this story seems to have passing interest too! Good place to start!
Thank you. There's a reason for her interest in dear ol' Chuck. wink

Happy story-telling, Virginia! I'm here for the ride.
Thanks, Pat. hyper We'll always keep a seat open for you.

VirginiaR.
---
#86960 05/29/12 05:58 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
SPOILER WARNING FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T Another Lois (and would like to in the future) DON'T READ BELOW AS THERE WILL BE SPOILERS!

Originally posted by KenJ:
Okay, you have me moderately confused. Are you talking about the same universe as in Another Lois? confused
Yep. I'm sorry about the confusion. This is explained in the Epilogue from Another Lois and from Part 1 of Wrong Clark

Are you changing the history of the universe from Another Lois by bringing in Alt Clark when Clark should have arrived as in canon universe? confused
Yep.

And this is occurring after the Clark of that universe was killed by Tempus as a child and there is a history already established beyond this point. help
Being that 1993 is after 1966, it could only happen afterwards. wink Do you mean that there HAD been the history from Another Lois established already? Yep, by bringing Alt-Clark to this point and time, Herb is trying to change that previous unhappy ending to this dimension. (Do remember Wells didn't know that Lois was in contact with her Clark; he thought she had gone mad.) Let me see if I can diagram it out for you.

History 1: Same as Canon until they go back in time in 'Tempus Fugitive'.

History 2: Same as Another Lois only it technically began where 'Tempus Fugitive' ended, which is why Lois was able to have memories of her previous life with her Clark. Because it was as if everything else in the universe changed to fit this new history which had been implanted into her mind. As if she had been brainwashed to believe that this was the way it was supposed to be, but since Lois technically hadn't really lived it, the pre-history (pre-'Tempus Fugitive' history) didn't become real until it had been accessed -- in this case, by Herb bringing Alt-Clark and dropping him into it pre-March 17th, 1994 (Perry's B-day when 'Tempus Fugitive' takes place). This dimension / this ending could not change until alt-Clark arrived to change it.

History 3: Now. Same as Another Lois only Pre-'Tempus Fugitive'. Do remember that this new dimension is a damaged timeline. It is the same as canon dimension up until the point when baby Clark is killed. It was at that point that this dimension was created (it created the short arm off from canon dimension, making that timeline look like a "Y"). Everything before that point is still unaccessable because Tempus screwed everything up by erasing himself from the timeline by going into the past to kill Clark. This problem will remain until they fix (if they can fix) the timeline by making it possible for Tempus to exist again in the future at which point this new dimension will be like an "X" with canon dimension with its own past which will parallel canon dimension (unless someone goes even further into the past and changes stuff). The two dimensions timelines will cross at the point where baby Clark is killed (this dimension) or survives (canon dimension). [Alt-Clark and canon Herb at this point don't realize this about this dimension. Herb has an inkling that this might be an alt-canon-dimension, due to similarities to his dimension, but not more than an inkling at this point.] Did I make this more clear, or are you more confused? dizzy My apologies if it is the latter.

With Jonathan injured it looks like the same universe as Another Lois. huh
It is.

VirginiaR.
---
#86961 05/29/12 08:28 PM
Kerth
Kerth
clap Fantastic! I love how AltClark is still managing to do things the same way Clark did in the original canon universe. Almost makes you wonder about canon Clark... hmm... evil And rotflol on Lois thinking Clark's name was 'Chuck'- hilarious!

Can't wait for more! Though I forget- you did mention your posting schedule somewhere, didn't you? Something like you were going to go on break for a while... but anyways. You're posting every other day still other than that, right? Just checking. wink

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#86962 05/29/12 08:46 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
<strong> smile1

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Can't wait for more! Though I forget- you did mention your posting schedule somewhere, didn't you? Something like you were going to go on break for a while... but anyways. You're posting every other day still other than that, right? Just checking. wink
Just posted Part 3. Will be posting every other day through the first week of July. Then I'm sad

VirginiaR.
---
#86963 06/07/12 08:36 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The Daily Planet
First day on the job!

At least, with the delay, Clark had been able to contact his old professor and implant the false memory of his former student, Clark Kent, should his reference be checked by personnel.
clap

“The Yolngu tribe in New Guinea eat paava leaves to relieve stress. It puts them in a meditative state.
Still am wondering if they show up as coca on the drug test.

Clark suggested, just as he had to the Mr. White over in his dimension. Small universe.
Why did his own PW have blood pressure issues with Lois already dead for a quite some time?

Quickly, he set his feet on the floor so it appeared that he had only stood up as courtesy to her.
Huh, look at.

He was completely unprepared in how this chance meeting slammed him in the chest like a wrecking ball.
evil

He wasn’t even worth a second glance from the woman of his dreams.
Duh!

Maybe the connection wasn’t with every Lois.
Eeehhh…

“Chuck, isn’t it?” she asked.
Okay, that’s new. Something bled over? Either that, or they’re airing Chuck 15 years early.

“I know you,” she said, pointing at him. “I don’t know from where, but you seem awfully familiar.”
Another time. Another place.

“So, Chief, are you hiring Chuck?” she asked Perry. “’Cause I could use him on my team, like an hour ago. I have a lot of research to wade through.”
evil Miss the job, get the girl?

Did he really want to be in this dimension working somewhere else?
How about the Star? Also, I hear Love Fortress is still looking for a male model for their new series.

The Metropolis Star was closest newspaper, but he hoped never to be that desperate for a paycheck.
But it got sure thing headlines and a sure thing blonde ‘reporter’ chick. confused

“Would you like to have lunch with me?” he asked.
laugh

Perry’s door flew open. “Lois! Where’s that mood piece on the razing of that old theatre on 42nd Street that I assigned you?”
OoooH! There you are!

She beamed at him. “I wasn’t in the mood.”

“Lois, honey, this is a newspaper. You may be my star reporter, but you don’t get to pick and choose your stories!” Perry slammed his door.
That oddly reminds me of what a Madame might say in a Vegas cathouse. You just need to replace a couple of nouns.

“Anyway, how are you going to afford to take me out without a job?”
We go dutch?

“Kick a man while he’s down, why don’t you, Lois?” Jimmy mumbled, passing by and dropping a file on her desk.
laugh

“I’m sorry, Chuck. I’m sure you’re a nice guy and all, but I really don’t date reporters – employed or not.”
So, if he were a gopher or a photographer or an editor…?

Suddenly, Clark was curious what her answer would have been if he had asked her while in the blue Suit,
Really? He never heard of ‘be careful what you wish for’ has he? Then again, losing the steady stream of floozies that helped ruffle his sheets must be a bummer…

Her answer probably would have been the same; it was a ridiculous skintight blue Suit, cape, outfit with shorts!
Aaahhhmmmm…It’s a *skintight* suit with an focal point.

Had his confidence come off as cocky?
No. We’re right on schedule.

Lois Lane! That had been the difference. In his dimension, his Daily Planet had been short of reporters because Lois Lane had disappeared.
Right! He really should have kidnapped her, posted an anonymous note in the classifieds section and later sent a picture of her chloroformed body, liberally decorated with ketchup so it looks like she had a red smile. Then he could have asked Perry for a job.

What he needed to do was find a way to make himself indispensable to this Perry and the Daily Planet.
/points to above suggestion/

He would worry about changing Lois’ mind about him another time.
He could romance her while she’s locked up in his Apollo hotel room?

She had been asked on a date. This very morning, some man had been interested in her and had asked her out to lunch.
Yeah. What’s wrong with the fiend?

She had wanted to tell Lucy, when her younger sister had once more started in on Lois’ lack of a social life,
But she turned said guy down, so wouldn’t have helped her cause, really.

who had shown no fear of her and actually asked her on a date.
He didn’t know about the lit fuse?

If he had asked her out for dinner and not lunch…
jawdrop

If he hadn’t been another blood-sucking reporter…
/waits for her to say ‘if he hadn’t been a guy…’

If she hadn’t been tempted to say yes…
She would have gone out with him? Right. Lois Lane. /wonders if we ever had a story where her nickname was Lois, the fast Lane/

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#86964 06/07/12 08:37 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The blonde woman was telling the man she would sleep with him, but not give him her heart.
Shouldn’t she be addressing them by name, given she watches it rather consistently?

She sighed in envy.
/hands her a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide/ Being a blonde is no longer an unreachable goal.

She sighed in envy.

That was what Lois wanted:
She would sell her body to help him?

She would never love that deeply.

Never find a man she could love like that.

Never find a man to love her like that.
What about Chuck?

Chuck, or whatever his name was – had stolen from her.
Oh dear!

Okay, it was a story she hadn’t wanted to write, when she had Platt’s papers and then possible, now definite, Messenger sabotage story to focus on.
Which would all be beside the point. Her story. Her territory.

Like she would ever admit to such a fact. Not that it was a fact. It wasn’t.
goofy Uh-huh.

Kent? What was this guy’s name? How many names did he have, anyway?
Only one. Well, two. But it’s up to her not to confuse them.

He better not steal Jimmy away from her too.
goofy

“Who?” she asked and then she realized he meant the new guy who had just walked out of his office.
She really does have selective perception, doesn’t she? Sure thing, she’s no Sherlock Holmes to Jimmy’s Watson.

“He asked me out,” she explained.
Which would interest Perry why?

“Or really stupid. I’m sure once he gets to know you, that won’t happen again.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard