Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Bob!
So great to see a new story from you smile1

Prelude: The Pub - Elsewhere
/Intrigued/

Everything here told the story of a gathering place that had been welcoming guests for many years. If this was going to work, it had to feel right.
goofy

I promise that if you don’t know by then, I’ll tell you who they are myself.”
goofy

“I guess I can live with that,” Lois said with a resigned shrug.
evil

“I thought that when a guy met a pretty girl in a bar, one of his goals was to encourage her to drink too much.”
Oh…Lois.

“No. That isn’t what all guys do,” he said in a noticeably less friendly tone.
Yes. Some also use GHB. *SCNR*

“I’d have to guess that the ones in gold are Lex Luthor.
Still would have sworn they also stand of Lois Lane. But a golden Lex makes more sense.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#86894 06/03/12 06:41 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Who’s Lex Luthor?”
confused

. Clearly, she’d walked into a gathering for Metropolis crazies.
laugh

“Those women seem to be from 2008. They were talking about a vigilante that goes around in a green suit with a bow and arrow. They were also talking about some other mysterious person they called the Blur.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

#86895 06/04/12 04:10 PM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi, Michael smile1

Hmm…the closest I can think of is The Bakery.
I knew that many would recognize The Bakery in the roots of this story. That's why I didn't feel I could write it unless I had explicit permission from Dandello.

Just good camouflage?
Obviously there is more than that. Once that door was closed, it was gone from that universe. That was why Clark couldn't see through the wall. The instant that the door was closed, the other side ceased being "wired" to ANY universe. In effect, there was no other side.

So, they finally got a new donut girl!
clap

On the plus side, they had a steady supply of various meat products?
jawdrop

Did he walk to close to a bomb? Got blown off his penthouse balcony?
Believe it or not, it REALLY was an accident. I figured Lex would be too smart and careful to fall for any kind of trap.

And so do we. *Sequel!*
*Sequel!*
*Sequel!*
*Sequel!*
*Sequel!*
*Sequel!*
Well, actually, LnC reboot. It would just a tiny story, Bob. 60 parts, tops? Also, the dating service premise is tons of fun, too!
No promises, but I have some notes.

Bob

#86896 06/05/12 10:06 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So much feedback!!!
You're welcome!

That was why Clark couldn't see through the wall. The instant that the door was closed, the other side ceased being "wired" to ANY universe. In effect, there was no other side.
/nods/ So, they set up the corridor as part of the ambience setting for Fallen Sky Clark?

Lex, yes. Scardino, NO!
wave Michael

#86897 06/10/12 03:52 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
While I was looking at your stories in the Archive, I went ahead and converted them all to epub.
So cool! Thank you! smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#86898 07/24/12 03:21 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! Totally brilliant story! What can I say that others haven't already said?

However, I have one question? Since this is a time displaced pairing, what about earlier Clark?

It is 1988 in Lois' world. Nightfall arrives in 1994. Clark arrives in 2001. What happens when 2001 Clark arrives?

I suppose they could adopt him and raise him, but that would lead to a really strange Oedipus loop thingy. confused shock

Sorry, but my mind just will not let that go.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#86899 07/29/12 07:53 AM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi, James. wave

I am SO sorry that I've taken so long to get back to you. I saw your note last week and should have responded immediately. However, I didn't and then life happened...

I'm glad you thought about what was going to happen when Clark arrived. I was surprised that more people didn't bring up that "problem." I did spend some time trying to visualize how that would turn out.

Re: Lois and Clark raising Clark as their son.
-> Lois as Clark's mom.... Oedipus indeed. However, this has to be the most likely path. One idea that came to mind as I pondered this problem one was something like this:
1. LnC raise young Clark as Clark Jr.
2. When he starts to reach adulthood - and notices that he is an identical twin to his "dad" - they tell him his origins.
3. Then Clark Sr. gets killed.
4. Now both Lois and Clark Jr. are having to deal with the combination of the loss of older Clark and the knowledge that young Clark is Clark.

You can get really crazy when you start messing with timelines.

Anyway, thank you for the feedback. I'm so happy that you enjoyed the story.

Bob

#86900 07/29/12 09:11 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wouldn't that cause some kind of time paradox if Clark is taken from an alternate future of his own universe and stuck into the past, thereby erasing the future from which he was removed? dizzy

I had assumed two different dimensions: Clark's: he arrives late and Lois had married Lex. Lois': there was no Clark (he never arrived).

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#86901 07/29/12 09:55 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm not touching that one because of the paradoxical Oedipus issue with a Kryptonian soulmate bond connecting him to his mother after his father died. I'm getting a splitting headache just reading the scenario.

wave Michael

#86902 07/29/12 12:37 PM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Wouldn't that cause some kind of time paradox if Clark is taken from an alternate future of his own universe and stuck into the past, thereby erasing the future from which he was removed?
Yes. That was the point of this exercise. Clark's original timeline was replaced with whatever comes out of Clark moving into the past.

One thing I thought of was that since "Clark" was already present in this timeline, then baby Clark's ship would be forced into another timeline.

Another thought was something along the lines of this...

=====
As Clark stepped into the past, a ripple tore through spacetime. Since, as everyone knows, temporal shockwaves moved backwards through time, it reached the planet Krypton 63 years before the birth of Kal El. As the shockwave passed through Krypton it caused a subtle but critical shift in the fluid dynamics near the planet's core. As a result of this shift, a swirling eddy of molten iron deep in the core had it’s pattern disrupted and dissipated. This eddy had been destined to grow into the core instability that would have destroyed the planet Krypton. Sixty three years later Kal El was born to a healthy and stable home world.
=====
That doesn't really solve the paradox problem, but at lease we don't have the Oedipus issue to deal with.

As I said, you can get really crazy when you start messing with timelines.

I'm not touching that one because of the paradoxical Oedipus issue with a Kryptonian soulmate bond connecting him to his mother after his father died. I'm getting a splitting headache just reading the scenario.
smile I'm not writing it. I just thought it was an interesting variant of that problem. evil

Bob

#86903 07/29/12 02:21 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just to follow up on this can of worms, my daughter the amateur psychologist tells me that Clark Jr. wouldn't be attracted to Lois because our minds automatically reject potential pairings with people that we grew up with. It usually applies to siblings (i.e. if Lois and Clark had been raised as siblings they wouldn't be attracted to each other), but I guess it would work with parents, too. And Clark Jr. is not Clark, Sr. any more than any pair of identical twins are the same person. Genetics is only part of what makes us who we are--Clark is Clark partly because he was raised by Martha and Jonathan, or, in this Clark's case, by an orphanage started by them. But that's a whole nother topic.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard