Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
T
And now Lois and the Beast meet properly, so to speak. Hope everyone liked the introduction. All comments welcome.

I've never felt so accepted in all my life. These people look deep within my soul and assign me a number based on the order in which I joined.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yea! Lois and Clark meet! smile1

She cursed herself for being so stubborn, and began to look around the woods a tad fearfully, wondering what creatures night might bring. Lois decided it was time to turn back, and hoped she would not get lost or worse in the dark.
Does Lois know how her mother was killed? I'm surprised that Sam isn't a tad more overprotective of her especailly with her beauty and what happened to Ellen (and men like Lex about).

Hoping that it was a sign of friendliness, Lois entered the castle grounds. Upon entering, she gasped at the lovely garden she found herself in. Roses of every type, including several she had never seen before, bloomed everywhere she looked, including the one her father had brought.
I love the juxaposition of Lois' view of Clark's castle and her father's. Sam saw it as abandoned and run down on the outside. Lois saw friendly and beautiful (because of the roses).

Peering inside, she asked "Hello? Is anybody home?"

Her voice echoed loudly in the silence and Lois cringed. After a few moments without a reply, she let herself in.
For someone who gets annoyed easily of unannounced visitors, he sure doesn't lock up his castle (as Lois later mentions) nor does he spend much time at home.

As the sun began to rise, he went to the top of a nearby mountain. He loved watching the sunrise, it was always so beautiful and invigorating. He always felt better when the first rays of the sun hit him, stronger somehow. The world was so beautiful from here, he felt so peaceful.
Awwww. There's our Clark. hyper

He woke early the next morning and immediately realized something was out of place with his castle. At first he could not place the feeling, but then he realized he was hearing a soft, steady thumping noise.
Wow, how sad; he really doesn't spend much time with others when the sound of another heartbeat is noticable in his house.

"How dare you invade my castle?" Clark growled loudly. "What gives you the right to...?" He trailed off as the woman turned on him quickly, startled. She started backing away and tripped back onto the couch. As he looked into her terrified doe eyes, sudden recognition flooded him. It was the woman he had rescued the other day.
Open mouth, insert paw.

There was a horrible looking monster growling at her.
Oh, dear, Clark let her see his beast self.

The creature just stared at her. She was not sure what it was doing, but suddenly it seemed less threatening than before. Emboldened by this behavior, Lois jumped up and started yelling back.
See, Clark, you let your defenses down and she knows she can defeat you. Lunkhead. wink

"How dare *you* come storming in here, yelling at me, after you left the gate and door open. If you really don't want anyone entering, why don't you keep it locked up tight? Really, you think you'd at least find out *why* before you jump down my throat about it. Did it ever occur to you I might have a good reason? I didn't want to be trapped out in the forest after dark. I just wanted shelter for the night. Honestly, it's not like I was going to cause any harm." Lois said quickly, hardly pausing to breathe.
Yea, Lois, for standing up for herself!

"You're right. I don't know what I was thinking. I... I let my temper take control of me and I shouldn't. It was wrong. Please, go, leave before my control slips again."
Oh, Clark, <<shakes head>> that's not the way into a young woman's heart.

"Hi, I'm Lois. I was out in the woods and night was coming, so I sought refuge in your castle. The gate was open so I hoped you wouldn't mind."
The beast faints.

"Are you the Beast that killed the prince?" She asked hesitantly, hoping not to anger him again.
No, his name was Tempus and he was burned alive by the villagers. I'm the other beast, now living in Clark's castle.

"You're from the nearby village aren't you?"

Lois nodded and he continued, "I can show you the path, it's a bit overgrown but you should be able to follow it. It's a several hours walk..."
How exactly is that "nearby"? Well, yes, nearby for those who can fly, but several hours walk? Wow, his castle really was out in the middle of nowhere.

He trailed off and appeared to be pondering something. "Before you go, let me show you something. Follow me."
See, here, I thought he was going to offer her food, but since he really doesn't need it, I guess he forgets that his guests do.

"These horses are some of my few companions. I feed them, treat them well, show them a little attention, and they don't judge me by my appearance. I wish more people were like that," the Beast said, a tad wistfully.
What a great reporter Lois is. She says one nice thing to him and he's opening up like a sunflower.

"Well, you seem to have made a friend," the Beast said, brightening. "She seems to have taken quite a shying to you. Why don't you take her?"
And not just the horse.

"I have plenty of horses, besides it's not like I ride them. This way you will be able to get home much faster. And I want to give you something, because you're the first person who..." he paused for a moment, "hasn't seen me as just a monster."
<<cough, cough>> Star <<cough>>... oh, wait, he meant, the "first person whom I've ever loved," but he couldn't say that. Okay, I get it.

"Alright, but I really should give you something in return."

"That's not necessary," he protested.
That's Clark, all right. He's such a giver. Awwwwwwwwww.

"I'd love that," the Beast replied, grinning. "You're welcome here any time."
Oh, Lois, now you've done it. You've befriended the Beast. You'll have a friend for life now. Hey, maybe he could get rid of the pesky Lex problem you have.

Ever since he had been changed into his present form, he seemed to have a hard time keeping it under control. And of all the times for it to happen, it had to be with Lois.
Present palm, insert face. Like this: [Linked Image]

Not that anything could ever come of it, she was too beautiful to be with a monster like him. She probably had someone back home anyway. Women like that did *not* stay single for long.
Great, Clark. You don't want her to judge you by your appearance but here you are judging her!

Then the most amazing thing had happened. He had not thought anything could be better than what had already occurred, but she had actually asked if she could visit him again. It was all Clark could do to keep his composure and not break out in tears.
Instead he broke into his happy dance, from which she ran in terror.

He had never imagined she would want to see him again. He agreed, and wondered when she would return. He hoped it would not be too long.
How about tomorrow? That sounds good to me. laugh Lots of fun!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
T
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
T
Thanks for the comments VirginiaR.

What, with all her reading she never figured out the editable foods in the forest? So, she hasn't eatten all day, through the night, and then leaves the next morning without eatting as well? Don't you think Clark would have heard her stomach growling and offered her some food?
I never really thought about that lol. It's a Fairytale don't they gloss over that stuff a lot? wink . I'll have to think about it.

Does Lois know how her mother was killed? I'm surprised that Sam isn't a tad more overprotective of her especailly with her beauty and what happened to Ellen (and men like Lex about).
Not much about it, it's not a subject he talks about. As to being overprotective, well we know how well that'd go over with Lois so maybe he just gave up? laugh

Yea, Lois, for standing up for herself!
She's not much for backing down, even if it seems incredibly dangerous is she? wink

How exactly is that "nearby"? Well, yes, nearby for those who can fly, but several hours walk? Wow, his castle really was out in the middle of nowhere.
Well I'd ay around 10-15 miles or so, which of course in our day is no time at all. However, I may need to change it to half a days walk or something. Stupid modern perspective coloring things wink .

What a great reporter Lois is. She says one nice thing to him and he's opening up like a sunflower.
Or one very lonely man.

<<cough, cough>> Star <<cough>>... oh, wait, he meant, the "first person whom I've ever loved," but he couldn't say that. Okay, I get it.
Well we know how often he does things like that wink . And Star never really *saw* him so even if she knew he was the Beast did she *really* know? At least that's what Clark thinks.

Present palm, insert face.
It's almost like that was one of his super powers isn't it? evil

Instead he broke into his happy dance, from which she ran in terror.
Lol, for some reason this made me think of Angel and Pylea. Do the dance of Joy laugh .

Here comes the next part.

I've never felt so accepted in all my life. These people look deep within my soul and assign me a number based on the order in which I joined.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Awww, what a sweet and beautiful chapter! I'm not surprised at all that he has a hard time keeping his temper, what with no human interaction and then them just invading and taking the few things he has left to remind him of who he is. And yeah, abandoned or not, it is kind of presumptuous to just come in and spend the night like it's a public service. I wonder if Sam and Lois lock THEIR door every night or every time they go out?

I love how quickly Lois sees to the heart of him, and how desperate he is for companionship. I almost cried at the line where he thinks helping people is the only good he is, even if he is a monster. frown So glad he now has her visits to look forward to!

And love the inclusion of the horses! I knew Clark had to have something to be taking care of! So nice that he gave her one--though it didn't sound at all like Phillipe! wink

Very interesting developments! Will she bring him a copy of her book?

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
What a sad, bittersweet chapter. My heart is breaking for poor Clark!

Thank goodness Lois is around to help him!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
T
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
T
Again thank you for the comments AntiKryptonite and Morgana

AntiKryptonite

I'm not surprised at all that he has a hard time keeping his temper, what with no human interaction and then them just invading and taking the few things he has left to remind him of who he is.
Yeah I know. I'm glad you think it works, I was a little worried about it but I figured his isolation, plus the tendency to act as people expect one to, would help lead to a shorter temper than normal.

I love how quickly Lois sees to the heart of him, and how desperate he is for companionship. I almost cried at the line where he thinks helping people is the only good he is, even if he is a monster.
Yeah, I put a lot of that in Clark. He has such a poor view of himself all because of what Tempus did to him.

And love the inclusion of the horses! I knew Clark had to have something to be taking care of! So nice that he gave her one--though it didn't sound at all like Phillipe!
I don't quite remember how I came up with that, it was about a decade ago, but I'm glad you liked the addition. I thought it highlighted both how lonely he was and how smitten he was with Lois. And it made it easier for her to visit. laugh

Morgana

What a sad, bittersweet chapter. My heart is breaking for poor Clark!
Yes his life has also gotten very bittersweet at this point. But he does have something more to live for now. laugh

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard