Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
T
Hope you guys liked this part and it explained some more things. Next part should be posted on Monday. All comments are welcome.

I've never felt so accepted in all my life. These people look deep within my soul and assign me a number based on the order in which I joined.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper Star is there! I love Star. I did get a little confused by yet another woman falling off a cliff, it made it sound like the countryside was littered with them (cliffs that is).

"To break the curse, you must find your one true love. When she confesses her love for you of her own free will, the curse shall be broken and you will return to your natural form."
Well, at least she doesn't have to kiss him, he was really worried about that with his fangs and all.

He remembered that at the time, one of his parents' former advisers, a shady man named Tempus had tried to become regent. But since Clark had never trusted him, he managed to convince the council that he could rule without a regent, even though his coming of age birthday would be some time later. He had not really thought anything at the time, but after his transformation, and learning the true cause of it, he realized that this Tempus had probably also killed his parents. Clark felt a bit of guilt that he enjoyed the fact Tempus was now dead, at least he would not have to worry about Tempus interfering in his life again.
So, Clark has figured it out that Tempus, the advisor, was who killed his parents. A little redemption, but still not a happy one. Tempus may now be dead, but his parents are too. mecry Poor Clark. He doesn't have any friends because nobody likes how he looks under the curse and people are always breaking into his palace/castle. Really, people, enough is enough! Stop torturing the poor beast.

He saw someone plummeting off a cliff. 'Oh no, not again,' he groaned inwardly as he swooped down and caught her. 'Why do I always seem to have to rescue women falling off cliffs?' Clark wondered. It seemed to be becoming a habit. Women were always falling for him, just not the right one.
Since the women of this area don't know that the Guardian Angel is also the Beast do they constantly throw themselves off cliffs in hopes of meeting him? mecry

In all the sightings she had heard about, he never gave the slightest hint of a response to anyone. 'So why had he responded to her? Why did he fly around helping people? What was he like under that disguise?' Having now met the angel, Lois was filled with questions about him. 'Why couldn't he stay to talk to her? Was he afraid of something or just unable to converse?'
Oh, no, Clark's done for. He's piqued Lois' curiousity.

She wished she could see him again to ask, but short of falling off another cliff, which she did *not* want to try again, she had no idea how to contact him.
So, he only rescues women from cliffs? Oh, wait, he did save Star's sister from a fire. Lois could burn down her house. laugh

Frustrated, Lois began the long walk home.
Gee, thanks, Angel. You could have put me back down at the TOP of the cliff.

"Daddy!" she protested. "You promised you'd leave before dark so you wouldn't have to ride all night. You know I hate the thought of you riding alone in the dark all night."
So, why don't you go with him, Lois?

"Princess..." he began uncertainly. "I saw what happened outside... I had to make sure you were okay. I know how Lex upsets you. I couldn't just leave you alone. Are you sure I shouldn't stay?"
She's been gone for hours since he saw her run off, and he didn't go to look for her?

She would definitely have to try and work it into her next novel.
Oh, so she's going to write the Angel into her next novel, Clark is going to recognize himself, and realize that Lewis Lane is actually Lois Lane and seek her out. Or is he going to get all paranoid once he does kidnap her (i.e. trade her father's life for Lois')? And think she's spying on him for her next novel? Hmmmmm. Where will you take this story? Lots of possibilities sprinkled about.

She was twenty years old and capable of taking care of herself, even if it sometimes seemed the whole world refused to accept it.
Maybe it was because she didn't look where she was going when she runs off in a huff?

"No, you have to leave now to make it to the fair. You've worked very hard on your invention this year, and I'm sure it will be well received. I will not be responsible for you missing out. Go, now!" Lois exploded at her father. Then, in a small, concerned voice. "And be careful."
If you're so worried, Lois, go with him. Why is she staying back at home?

Oh, dear, what's going to happen next? Is something going to happen to Lois back at the house, because she's all alone? Will Lex attack her and she'll need the Angel to rescue her once again? Or will something happen to Sam, per the tradtional story?

Ooooh, I've got an idea. When Lois comes to live with him Clark can keep his Angel costume on, so that she thinks she's living with the Angel. She'll fall for the Angel, tell him that she loves him, and Clark will turn back into Clark again, nobody needing ever to see his beastie face. <Sigh> But with Clark's bad luck, I just can't see that happening. Plus, will he believe in her love, if she falls for him sight unseen?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
This story is moving forward steadily! I like the way Lois and her Dad communicate. Bring on the next installment!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
T
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
T
Thanks for the comments. I've actually decided I'm going to post the rest of the story daily because I am going out of town Friday and won't be back for a week,and I don't want to forget about posting. This way I'll finish posting the story before I go.

Virginia

I couldn't leave Clark not knowing why he was a Beast, and since Tempus was dead I needed a gypsy or something, so I thought of Star wink .

Tempus never was good at subtle so it was easy to see what he probably did wink .

Mostly I just thought it was funny, who knows why they keep falling off cliffs.

Awwwwwwwww. Poor Clark, still cursed to love Lois at first sight.
Almost as if we wanted him to evil .

But Star had called him "angel" as well. Didn't he know that was the nickname for his alter ego?
Oh Clark is well aware of the name for his alter ego, hence the nod, but he does not see himself that way. Self perception can trump others. He knows he's really a monster. Besides, knowing something intellectually and accepting it are different things.

The breaking of the mirror is one of my favorite little things I did in setting up the mood. Don't worry it gets better, eventually . evil

Gee, thanks, Angel. You could have put me back down at the TOP of the cliff.
She's been gone for hours since he saw her run off, and he didn't go to look for her?
Mostly, I needed some time so he would leave late, as you'll see soon. And I don't know, maybe he just didn't think of it? wink .

Maybe it was because she didn't look where she was going when she runs off in a huff?
Well, that's just Lois wink .

All questions should be answered. Hopefully satisfactorily.

Morgana

I'm glad you like Sam and Lois' interactions. Hope that continues.

I've never felt so accepted in all my life. These people look deep within my soul and assign me a number based on the order in which I joined.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Great new part. I love how Clark now knows what he needs to do to break the spell, and yet it does seem impossible for him. He's completely isolated, without even any loyal servants to protect the palace for him. For such a friendly person as Clark, who was used to helping his people and ruling his country, this must be torture, even beyond his shape. But there is a ray of light in that he now knows he's not in any danger of any more changes or losing control of himself.

Love seeing Lois's curiosity through here--probably a linchpin of her character in any universe! smile And I'm glad that her and her dad get along so well; it's particularly ironic in this story that he calls her 'Princess,' as he did in the show.

It was nice to see their first meeting--really looking forward to what happens next for them!

T
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
T
Thanks for the comments AntiKryptonite

Yeah I just couldn't leave him not knowing so I had to tell him somehow. Star was kind enough to help wink .

Love seeing Lois's curiosity through here--probably a linchpin of her character in any universe
Yes she just wouldn't seem like Lois otherwise. Glad I conveyed it well.

it's particularly ironic in this story that he calls her 'Princess,' as he did in the show.
LOL I never quite thought of it that way but I guess it is true. laugh

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard