Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
T
Any comments should go here. All comments are welcome.

I've never felt so accepted in all my life. These people look deep within my soul and assign me a number based on the order in which I joined.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow, Beauty and the Beast has always been my favorite fairy tale and I've probably watched the Disney version hundreds of times, so when I saw the title of this, I was definitely intrigued, but I just couldn't see how you were going to make Clark into a beast. But after reading it, I'm very impressed--taking his special gifts, which he was actually using, and then adding more changes to trigger Clark's insecurities and his fear about hurting others...brilliant! I love the prologue, and the ironic way you wrote Tempus. How fitting that he couldn't find a way to escape because he only ever makes too-complicated plans! lol

And Lois not just reading books but writing them? I love it! Perry really rang true here, and it was a stroke of genius to 'cast' him as the bookstore owner. Lex is possibly even more evil than Gaston, and it's interesting to see him here apparently without the intelligence Luthor so likes to brag about.

Can't wait to see the Guardian Angel--more brilliance by keeping Superman in the picture, even though Clark is the Beast--swoop in to rescue Lois!

Great beginning to this adaptation!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! You can't end there! But since there are 6 more parts, I'm going to assume Lois doesn't die. wink

I'm also a huge fan of Beauty and Beast tale (and the Disney version), which actually is so old it originates back in ancient Greece Cupid and Psyche story. (Sorry, my inner Classics Major is showing again.) So, I'm looking forward to your L&C take.

There were a few good twists to this tale. Beauty not only loving books, but writing them. Her father supporting her in her writing! whinging ) Evil, evil man. (Tempus, not you.)

Lex and Gaston! clap You have seamlessly incorporated the two. Stepping on her roses. Women shouldn't read. Oh, you just want to [Linked Image] the man.

Poor Clark. Not only does he have to grow up without his parents, but he thinks his abilities have turned him into a hideous monster. I love that Prince Clark is beloved so much that when the beast arrives, the townfolk go after and kill Tempus. Only a fitting end to such a man.

I'm glad Clark has found a way to help people and feel good about himself, despite having been turned into a monster.

Lois running off and falling off a cliff! shock Don't leave us hanging!

I can't wait for these two to meet. BTW: what is your posting schedule?

On a side note: How romantic that you and your wife met through L&C. Awwwwwwwwwwwwww. How wonderful that she's so supportive of your writing. Sounds like a match made in heaven. sloppy Congratulations on your upcoming child!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay, here is the wife with some feedback laugh Just wanted to say in public how much I appreciated this gift. Beauty and the Beast is my all time favorite tale and Lois & Clark will always have a special place in my heart since it gave me a wonderful husband and a wonderful daddy to our little princess. When I first started reading this story, we were still dating and we have been married for almost 7 years now! You can imagine why I've been bugging him to finish it although I've never thought he would actually do it. He sure made me feel guilty for getting mad at him for going to bed so late at night! I had no clue he was finishing this story for me for Mother's Day! laugh

Well, I sure love everything about this story and I hope people will love it too. No spoilers from me, though laugh And yep, I really hate Lex right now... I was cursing the whole time I was reading this first part. Poor Lois to have to see him being such a jerk and stepping on her flowers frown

Hope he won't leave you all hanging for part 2 for too long wink

Raquel (AKA Thanatos' wife blush )

"It's not the years that count, it's the moments, right now as they happen." (Clark Kent to Lois Lane - Brutal Youth - S4)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a neat story!

I just finished reading Becky Baines Timeless story about the TV series Beauty and the Beast/Lois and Clark crossover.

Now we have this wonderful entry! I plan on reading this, now if the author could just finish posting it. smile1

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
T
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
T
Thanks for the comments so far. Now to address some specifics:

AntiKryptonite

so when I saw the title of this, I was definitely intrigued, but I just couldn't see how you were going to make Clark into a beast.
When they were first doing the fairy tale challenge, I pretty much had the same thought when I considered doing Beauty and the Beast. IIRC, around the same time I was reading a novel based on the fairy tale (I wish I could find it/remember the name it's probably packed away somewhere) that had a different cause for the curse than being selfish and punished for it. That gave me the idea to find a different cause for Clark to be turned into the Beats and from there, it was easy to cats Tempus as a sorcerer to do it.

How fitting that he couldn't find a way to escape because he only ever makes too-complicated plans!
The comment about taking two long to prepare spells comes form two sources, one being Advanced Dungeons and Dragons spell rules, which I used to play once upon a time. The other source is a wonderful book called Slay and Rescue by John Moore, it's out of print but if you can find it say at a library I recommend it. It's the "true tales" of Prince Charming and has a single Prince Charming dealing with Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella in some ways. It's a hilarious take on things, where Prince Charming is always rescuing damsels and all he ever really wants is to get laid but of course they're too chaste for that. Anyway, in the beginning he stops an evil wizard from sacrificing a virgin and he thinks about all the spells he could vaporize the Prince with, if only he had the advanced preparation required.

I am glad you liked how I weaved the characters in, and while I may have put a bit much of Gaston in Lex, but I think you might realize it's more his arrogance than a lack of intelligence, he doesn't have to hide his criminal side because everyone is afraid of him.

And Clark's origin's and super powers are so much a part of them, I couldn't not include them.

VirginaR

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! You can't end there! But since there are 6 more parts, I'm going to assume Lois doesn't die.
Aren't you assumign a bit much she won't evil

As for Sam supporting her, well the next part will explain that.

I'm glad you liked the combo of Lex and Gaston, I hadn't even intended to include him at first but I decided it would help move the story along.

Currently, I plan on posting every other day, so the next part will be tomorrow night. That was pretty much the standard for complete stories back when I was writing before.

Quel Lane
I don't have to talk to you through a MB :p

Morgana

More parts will be coming, it'll be about two weeks and all parts should be available.

I've never felt so accepted in all my life. These people look deep within my soul and assign me a number based on the order in which I joined.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard