Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wow a double treat. Thank you for posting. It was a long wait but very good chapters. I feel like we are getting somewhere all around. I am dreading actually meeting the clone. I wonder how long it will be before we get those chapters. I am glad LL is starting to let her defenses down with Clark and I am glad Lois talked with Kal El. It seemed to go well all around. I am looking forward to more soon. laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
He was unaccustomed to evoking fear in others. As future ruler, he knew that he would wield unchallenged power, and he spent his life treating others as he would want someone with his power treating him. To wake up in a world where he was hated by both his own people and another race of people entirely was a brutal shock.
Proving that Clark is decent, no matter what universe he is in.

This was a marriage of equals. Kal-El felt a stab of jealousy. Even if this hadn't happened, he would have never known this kind of relationship by the nature of the role he was to play within his society.
So Clark avoided the strictures of Kryptonian society by being rocketed to Earth as an infant.

A wave of protective anger on her behalf spiraled through him and he felt her shock and surprise at her returned perception of those feelings. He quickly tried to calm himself down, not wanting to frighten her, but then he felt amusement coming from her. That's nothing compared to his anger.
Interesting. Lois has lived through being the concubine of Clone-El, and has managed to come through the torture and abuse that Clone-El inflicted upon her. Now she links with the true Kal-El and sees that he is nowhere near as bad as his clone. Perhaps this will be another key to her healing.

He had to convince those who had been victimized by a monster wearing his face and name to help him liberate this world. He was alone and terrified. He was hated and feared and all he wanted to do was make things right. How could he convince them that he wasn't like his clone?
Good question! How can he make anyone believe in his good intentions? He can't go around telepathically linking with everyone. Probably the only thing that would accomplish it would be for him to get all the Kryptonians off Earth, and to leave himself. Then the humans might believe in him.

...the lure of their soul connection. Maybe Kal-El had experienced a closeness with her that he hadn't felt with anyone else – a sense of rightness. The thought didn't horrify her the way it once would have. LL would be an entirely different story. Lois felt a pang of despair for the two – she knew that they belonged together – yet it would never happen.
This is so sad. We know that Kal-El and LL are supposed to be soul mates. But LL has been so wounded that it's not possible for her to be with Kal-El. Lois managed to overcome her demons and find love with Clark, and of course Kent and Lane (canon L&C) never had to deal with anything so horrific. But I want to believe that in the end, the soul connection between LL and Kal-El will let them be together. But it might not happen. mecry

"Here – I'm the enemy. I will work to free this world. I will not give up. But... I cannot let myself think I can have a life here as Clark has done in the other world. I don't know what I will do, or where I can go – but I cannot lead my people anymore – nor can I live here.”
NOOO! Kal-El on New Krypton. LL on Earth. Never the twain shall meet. NOOOO!

Clark was shocked into silence at realizing it was LL who had spoken and not Lane.
Is this the first time that LL has actually volunteered a conversation with Clark? So far, I think, she's been limited to giving orders and making pronouncements.

“How long before you were friends?” LL asked. It was one of the things she'd been desperate to know.
This is important. It's important because LL has gotten past the original disgust and hate at the very idea that Lois and Clark could be friends. Now she's accepted that there can be a L&C friendship, and now she's just asking about the details. Perhaps this bodes well for a future with Kal-El for her. (And yes, I'm trying to matchmake them, even though I know it's impossible.)

“Okay... well... I wanted to talk to her, but I couldn't. So I asked her father.”

LL paled and Clark flinched. Her father was probably dead in this world. He had no idea the fate of so many – his own parents... hers, her sister- but he dared not ask.
Will we find out more about this later? What happened to the Lane family on this disastrous alt-Earth, where Clone-El rules?

Oh, and could you please check - according to my reckoning, these two parts should be Chapters 30 and 31.

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm so glad to see that you're still working on this story. I really enjoyed these two parts, partially because so much progress was made with this two conversations, but also because there were no duplicate Loises in the same room. I'm more comfortable with who Lois, Lane, and LL are, but it's still a bit dizzying for them to be in the same room.

Can't wait to see their plan for deposing the clone and rounding up all of the Kryptonians that put this plan into action in the first place. The scattering of atoms across the universe seems a fitting punishment...

More soon.
B

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Part 30:

He pushed those thoughts away viciously . He could not begin to have those thoughts about her or anyone like her. Worse, he couldn't afford for her to detect them within their link.
Oooooh! This is going to be fun with LL.

He quickly tried to calm himself down, not wanting to frighten her, but then he felt amusement coming from her. That's nothing compared to his anger.
Oh dear.

How could he convince them that he wasn't like his clone?
Ooooh! How about he takes the clone and plunges a long, green knife through his back and out his chest. And all this right on there on live television while the clone makes a speech. That should make the Earthlings thing he’s a good guy. No? Okay.

His mind briefly reflected on her doppelgänger – the hatred and fear that he'd felt from her... he couldn't afford to ever start yearning for this woman- it was a disastrous path to take.
Yeah. Kal staying behind and chocolate and flower stalking her wouldn’t be a good idea.

“My duty dictates that I be held answerable for the actions of the Kryptonians. According to my culture, I am responsible for what they have done, and regardless of how you feel about that assertion, I feel it to be true. I will not bemoan my own fate.”
So, Kal gets executed and the clone becomes his official heir?

“I will do that. And when those who did this are punished,” Kal-El hesitated as he saw Lois shiver involuntarily. He continued after a brief heartbeat. “I will step down. I cannot lead my people. Not after what he's done. And if I may speak with full honesty – I am troubled that the deception was so easily accepted. No-one questioned that I had become so cruel. There can be no trust or love between my people and me. Not after this.”
Interesting. First off, what’s going to prevent them from coming back after Kal’s no longer in charge? As for the rest, yeah, he’d probably have to put down his fist really hard so they know who’s in charge.

“I will do it, Lois. I promise you that.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I have to agree with BJ. Have all the Lady Ls in the room is hard to follow the conversation! Still the story continues to glow and grow with each new chapter.

Keep writing!!!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Part 31 smile1
He was shocked into silence at realizing it was LL who had spoken and not Lane. She seemed equally discomfited.
Sounds like it’s going to be interesting wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard