Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sorry for not posting sooner. Real life came into play. But please note that this story is now certain to be 21 chapters long, one more than originially planned. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, congratulations to Kal. He was a hero in the tournament's match and with his wife when her father tried to bad-mouth her. And Marthe may have a way to restore Kal's beautiful face and body to their unblemished state. But if it doesn't happen right away, I am willing to bet that Lois will still be his number one admirer. It is very nice to see Kal and Lois so happy.

If there are nine more chapters, trouble is brewing. Even though we would love to have nine chapters of loving, its not possible to stretch it out that much. SO, be gentle with us and let the coming Nor problem be slight.

Pat

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Pat! wave

Well, congratulations to Kal. He was a hero in the tournament's match and with his wife when her father tried to bad-mouth her.
That's our boy! Samm needs to be smacked around a little though. laugh

And Marthe may have a way to restore Kal's beautiful face and body to their unblemished state. But if it doesn't happen right away, I am willing to bet that Lois will still be his number one admirer. It is very nice to see Kal and Lois so happy.
Yup, he'll be just fine. And Lois is his biggest fan. Quite the turn-around for her!

If there are nine more chapters, trouble is brewing.
Maaaaaaybe! wink

Even though we would love to have nine chapters of loving, its not possible to stretch it out that much. SO, be gentle with us and let the coming Nor problem be slight.
Erm...I'll let you be the judge. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Vicki,

Nice chapter!

I, for one, look forward to a final, and I do mean final, confrontation with Nor.

His hash needs to be settled once and for all.

When do they leave for Earth? hyper

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Hi Vicki,

Nice chapter!

I, for one, look forward to a final, and I do mean final, confrontation with Nor.

His hash needs to be settled once and for all.

When do they leave for Earth? hyper
Hi Ken! wave

Thanks so much! Um...how does chapter 18 sound for you? wink But, I'm sorry to say, there is no Earth-hopping in this tale. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Interesting celebrations they have on Krypton. Here let's beat each other to a pulp and then all come together to eat and party. thumbsup

This time, the kiss was not gentle. It was deep and full of passion, and promises of more to come when they were finally alone. The sound of a throat being cleared forced Kal and Lois to break their kiss.
Kal! Not in front of the tabloids!

"Bro! That was amazing!" Jai crowed. He pulled Kal into a back-slapping hug.
Ooooh. Jai liked the kiss.

"The way that you took out Nor. It was a thing of absolute beauty!" His eyes sparkled with excitement. "You have got to start practicing with me more often. I thought for sure that Nor had you beaten like ten times in that fight. But man! You pulled it off!"
Oh, right, the fight... er... battle. blush /good job channeling Jimmy's voice here/

"Jai's right," Ching said, grinning from ear to ear. Unlike Jai, who looked unable to stand still, Ching was composed. "You certainly pulled it off. But you're rusty, little brother. You could do with some practice." He winked at Kal.
Why do I think Ching's talking about the kiss and not the fight here? [Linked Image]

Kal snorted good-humoredly. "I stayed in a lot longer than either of you did. I'd say that makes me better than you guys."
Kal! You don't brag about your staying power with your wife right there! Oh, you meant the battle again, didn't you? Never mind.

Ching snorted in return. "Just luckier."

Kal chuckled. "I had to fight Nor. How was that lucky?"
They could have let Lois on the field with drei.

"I have always wished to see the day when one of my sons would win the duel, as I did in the past. Tonight, we shall feast in your honor."

"Dad...I...you don't have to do that."

"Of course I do. My son was victorious in a battle against a very worthy opponent. This calls for a celebration."

"I'd really rather just get some rest," Kal protested, shifting his weight uncomfortably.

"There will be time enough for rest before the feast. Dr. K'line says that you are more than fit for a celebration tonight. Besides, you know that it's tradition for the winning house to host a feast."
Okay, I was wrong. Jor-El isn't Perry. He's a pre-clone-wedding Ellen.

"Better than before," Kal admitted. "The pain pill is starting to kick in. Nor just caught me off-guard, that's all. I'll be fine soon enough."
Tell me, Kal, how do you plan on getting sympathy love from Lois with all this modesty?

All Kal really wanted at the moment was some time alone with Lois, and possibly a nap.
Well, pick one! You aren't going to get both at the same time.

"Make sure that Dad keeps this feast as low key as possible. Please?"

"I'll do what I can, but you know how Dad is when he gets an idea into his head."
See, Ellen.

None of the Lyne's had been present at the tournament at any point during the week. Three extra chairs had sat empty in the royal viewing box each day. And each day, Kal had seen disappointment flood Lois' features, though she had admitted that she wasn't surprised in the least. Samm almost never took off from his work, and he had always felt it inappropriate to have the women in his life view the sport.
Really? She expected them to come, when he never let her even read about drei fighting before?

At first, she hadn't wanted to see them. She'd been too furious with her father for the arranged marriage.
See, that was Kal's problem. He should have invited Samm to visit at the palace in those first 3 months, so Lois could [Linked Image] work out her issues with her father, instead of with Kal.

Kal knew that she was beginning to miss her family terribly. He only hoped that they would show up to the feast.
Um... Kal, the Lynes don't venture out after dark. You know, especailly when there's a full moon... [Linked Image] (that's the closest to a werewolf, I could find.)

"Okay, I have to ask," Lois cut in. "What exactly is against the rules? Because it seems to me like the fighters can get away with just about anything."
Thank you, Lois, for asking. I was wondering that myself.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Part 2 - FDK

"Well, killing your opponent for one."

"How civilized," Lois retorted.

Kal chuckled. "Continuing to hit your opponent after they yield. Hitting an opponent after a match is decided by the Master of the Tournament. Attacking the Master of the Tournament. Attacking one of the doctors as they try to help a fallen or injured fighter." He sighed. "Not much, is it?"
Yep, have to agree with Lois again. Not very civilized.

"Hear that, Jak? The lady loves me," Kal teased as he sank deeper into the supple leather seat.
Sounds like the little white pill is starting to work.

The hot water soothed his aching muscles and drained some of the pent-up tension that was still coiled like a spring within his body. He could not, however, shake the memory of Nor's look of absolute contempt when Kal had offered to help him to his feet. He knew that Nor had always hated him, as well as Ching and Jai. But Nor's eyes had been almost murderous when Kal had kicked away the drei and, in doing so, claimed the victory.
Um... Kal, why are you thinking about Nor in your shower?

Kal gingerly tended his wounds.
Me starting to think DC lied about Nurse Lois. [Linked Image]

He was asleep almost as soon as his head hit the pillow, though he felt guilty about that. He desperately wanted to be with Lois - to hug her, to kiss her, to make love to her. But he simply wasn't able to keep his eyes open any longer. He couldn't summon the strength to call to her, though she was only just down the hall in the living room.
What is she doing out in the living room, when her injured husband needs her in the bedroom to cuddle with him? huh

He'd hoped that she would have come into the bedroom while he slept.
He's not the only one. Bloom off the rose already there, Lois. It's all that thinking of Nor while in the shower. Correct answer would have been to invite *Lois* into the shower with you. But, hey, you're still new at this marriage thing, so I'll let you off this time with a warning.

"Lois?" he called out.
Uh-oh.

Lois was nowhere in sight. There was a faint smell of coffee coming from the kitchenette, but the leftover brew was cold to the touch when Kal laid his hand against the glass pitcher. Lois must have made herself a cup right after he had fallen asleep, he reasoned.

But that still didn't tell him where she had gone. He yawned and rubbed the last remnants of sleep from his eyes... Should he look for her? Should he prepare for the feast? Had her family arrived? Was she with them now?
[Linked Image]She's been kidnapped by Nor!

"Kal?" Lois' pace quickened when she heard his voice.
Or not.

"A little. Sorry that I fell asleep before."
"Yeah! Well, so am I. Since you had no 'energy' to spend with your wife, I went and hung out with Jai. He has *lots* of energy."

"Marthe!" he exclaimed joyfully. "What are you doing here?"
"Lois said you weren't treating her right. So, I came to draw you a diagram, honey."

"Yeah," Kal said, somewhat sheepishly. "It could be worse though," he insisted.
Well, that's true. Jai could draw the diagram.

"You didn't have to search out Marthe."

"Sure I did. You see, I have this amazing husband, and he's hurt. And I would do anything in my power to see him made whole as soon as possible."
Oooh, I know this one. Lois, step 1) Shower with victor. 2) rubs his wounds with salve. 3) cuddle with him. 4) be there when he wakes up... but you're new at this marriage thing. Last warning, people!

"But now, I couldn't imagine my life without her. I love her, Marthe. More than I ever knew it was possible to love someone."
Awwwwwwwwwww.

The words tumbled out of his mouth, yet he felt no shame in admitting them. Not to Marthe.
Shame? Shame in admitting to people that you love your wife? [Linked Image]

"I guess Jon told you about my little...discussion...with him the day after the wedding?"
My mistake. [Linked Image] *Jon* drew the diagram. I'm betting he forgot to draw the arrow which told Kal, "this way up". That's where the trouble started.
The room exploded into applause as he entered, and it was all Kal could not to grimace.

Once again, his father had gone overboard. At least three dozen of his father's closest friends and other high ranking nobles were in attendance, as well as the entire Council of Elders. Kal lost the battle not to blush, and he felt the heat rising in his cheeks. He'd never been very comfortable with being the center of attention.
Jor-El(len) is showing his son how much he loves him and is proud of him, by inviting all his friends over and by making him the center of attention, when all Kal wants is a nice quiet evening at home with the Mrs. Feeling the love there, Dad.

At last, he found himself before his wife. His hand reached out to take hers. As they connected, it suddenly felt to Kal as though he could finally breathe again. All was right in his world. He could face this feast, so long as Lois was by his side. He lovingly placed a kiss on her forehead.
Awwwwwwww.

"My daughter was just telling me how happy she has been here," Samm offered.
"Oh, Dad, the first three months were the best. I got to beat up the Prince every day. After that, I got kind of bored, so I decided to see if I was nice to him if he'd still be interested in me as a wife, and guess what? He did." laugh "Unfortunately, it took another 3 months of staring at stars and inviting him into my bed for him to remember that we were married and it was okay to... you know. But I figured out the problem. Tonight while Kal was in the shower, he called out to Nor. But other than that, I've been happy, because I haven't been around you-all. How's your belittling going, Dad? Your drinking, Mom?"

Samm nodded. "I am pleased to hear that. I had been worried that..." He stopped and groped for the proper words.

"That...?" Kal prompted.

"My daughter...well...she can be a handful, sometimes."
[Linked Image] Can you stick you foot into your mouth a little more there, Samm?

"Samm, I assure you that I love everything about Lois. Especially all of the aspects that set her apart from all the other noble women that I have ever met. It's refreshing to see a woman with a mind of her own and a determined, free spirit. My hope is that you encourage Luci to be the same way." His voice was cordial, but with an underlining hardness to it, in an effort to close the discussion before it could progress any further. "Krypton could use more women like Lois. It would be a much better place."
Yes, Samm, let's anger the PRINCE that you married your daughter off to. Hmmm. Why it's not always better to marry above one's station.

Kal could see the conflict in Lois' eyes as she said goodbye to her family. On the one hand, she loved them and missed them. And on the other, he could see that she was relieved to have that comfortable separation from them so that she could fully be herself again. Kal took her hand in his once the Lyne family was gone, and led her back to their chambers.
Okay, FINALLY, they are going back to their chambers so Lois can nurse Kal, as promised.

To Be Continued...
[Linked Image] Okay, DC, I'm going to say it. You're a tease.

Can Kal and Lois have a little time without the family, or interrupting servants, or battles, or work, or war, or exploding planets... just some romance. Please! grovel

Now, I'm just going to have to come back and read what comes next. Sigh.

See ya, Thursday!

(EDIT: Sorry, for once again being snarky. blush I've got to stop doing comments at 1am. I promise to be a better FDKer on Thursday.)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Great! It is Sunday and I have a new chapter to read. hyper

The two men had never gotten along before, and Kal knew that his victory on this day would only further fuel the numerous grudges that Nor held against him.
No!

I have an idea: please, let Nor eat a big glowing stone (green of course) for dinner.

Still enjoying the story and waiting for the next part. wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Aftermath
shock

Then he reached his hand down, offering it to Nor.
/waits for Nor to reach up, grab Kal’s hand, hold him steady while he pulls out a knife, and then pull Kal down and thrust the knife cleanly in below the sternum.

The two men had never gotten along before, and Kal knew that his victory on this day would only further fuel the numerous grudges that Nor held against him.
/imagines Nor’s to-kill list growing longer/ Does this mean Lois is in danger now?

His damaged knee was aflame from the beating it had taken when Nor caught him in the legs with his drei.
Will they have to amputate after the wound festers?

Dr. Bard K'lin was at his side so quickly it was almost as if he'd materialized out of thin air.
Ooooh! Teleportation!

A small, pencil thin metal tube was in his hands, which emitted a beam of yellow laser light.
When in lack of heatvision…

Then he gave the prince a small, white pill to swallow, which would help to kill the pain that was buzzing throughout his entire body.
What a baby.

Every coin in this satchel will be spent on various projects to improve your quality of life.
So, each concubine visit is a project and the lives of the concubines will thus be improved?

And may the winter to come be a gentle one for you all."
Old Nan, A Game of Thrones
“Oh, my sweet summer child," Old Nan said quietly, "what do you know of fear? Fear is for the winter, my little lord, when the snows fall a hundred feet deep and the ice wind comes howling out of the north. Fear is for the long night, when the sun hides its face for years at a time, and little children are born and live and die all in darkness while the direwolves grow gaunt and hungry, and the white walkers move through the woods”
She flung her arms wide as she drew close.
Poor Kal. Hope the pill’s working already.

"Kal, oh Kal," she said, her voice still heavy with worry for him. "You're hurt. Is there anything that I can do?"
/imagines Danaeris after she meets back up with Khal near the end of GoT.

"I'm fine. A little sore though."
Yep. Sounds just like Khal Drogo.

Encouraged, Lois stretched on her toes and kissed him gently. "My hero," she murmured against his lips.

"Ow," Kal whispered, once her lips left his.

"Oops."
[Linked Image]

Again, Kal chuckled. "Actually, pain never felt so good before," he said, winking at her.
Thus, a new practice of love making was discovered.

. This time, the kiss was not gentle. It was deep and full of passion, and promises of more to come when they were finally alone. The sound of a throat being cleared forced Kal and Lois to break their kiss.
So, Kal started to push Lois against the corridor wall and his hands tried make way?

"You certainly pulled it off. But you're rusty, little brother. You could do with some practice." He winked at Kal.
Amazing. /imagines Ching saying the same thing a couple of days earlier/

Kal snorted good-humoredly. "I stayed in a lot longer than either of you did. I'd say that makes me better than you guys."
Virgina has the rights of it.

"Easy for you to say. You didn't get hit in the face with a drei."
Stop whining. Or I’ll have Nor make it up to you like Lois has once she’s stopped hitting you.
Kal: What pain? I’m totally fine. Never felt better in my life. Uh-huh.

"That was well fought," he finally said approvingly. "You certainly did not face an easy opponent. I'm so proud of you."
/imagines Jor-El using Samm’s speech/ “You won. But you got hit. Next time, try not to embarrass our house by bleeding all over your opponents drei.”

"I have always wished to see the day when one of my sons would win the duel, as I did in the past. Tonight, we shall feast in your honor."
A feast! party

"I'd really rather just get some rest," Kal protested, shifting his weight uncomfortably.
Translations: “I’d really rather just get some victory sex from my wife.”

"How does your knee feel?"

"Better than before," Kal admitted. "The pain pill is starting to kick in.
He does realize that pain is your body telling your to back the bad-place-below-Krypton off, right? So you don’t end up with an even worth secondary injury.

He was eager for that moment to come, so that he could stand and walk in comfort again.
Men. Umm… Well, hero-men.

All Kal really wanted at the moment was some time alone with Lois, and possibly a nap.
So, first there’s Lois-time, and this is immediately followed by nap-time. Yep, he’s a guy, all right.

"Ching," Kal said, pulling his brother aside and whispering confidentially to him. "Make sure that Dad keeps this feast as low key as possible. Please?"
So, only 10,000 noble lords and their eldest sons. 30,000 concubines for entertainment. 2,000 boars roasted over the open fire and stuffed with chestnuts. 150 oxen stuffed with unborn puppy. And enough mead and strongwine to flood the entirety of Krypton’s Landing?

"Lord Nor isn't well loved," Kal said with a sigh.
Probably not a good tipper. And the concubines always need medical treatment after his visits. And a rabies shot.

"Okay, I have to ask," Lois cut in. "What exactly is against the rules? Because it seems to me like the fighters can get away with just about anything."
Well…using a gun instead of the drei to kill your opponent. That’s a big no-no. Also, it’s discouraged to kidnap your opponents favorite concubine to extort his forfeit.

Kal shrugged again. "Well, killing your opponent for one."

"How civilized," Lois retorted.
So, using the drei to bash in the other’s skull just enough so he loses half his IQ points and needs diapers for the rest of his life would still be okay?

"It's a good thing that I love you," she said, shaking her head in amusement, and patting his cheek gently.
Yeah, since he’s no longer the handsome prince but a grisly, beaten veteran.

There was no one to stop them to talk as they made their way through the white marble halls.
I’ve got an idea! They can finally christen the castle! Well, as many rooms as Kal is up to.

He was immensely glad that he would not be seeing it for another year.
/waits for Nor to challenge him to a duel/

He paused for a moment to look at his reflection in the full-length mirror that stood in the bedroom.
Will he see Lois behind him?

With a sigh and a look of longing at his bed, Kal stripped out of his underclothes and headed into the shower.
Where is Lois?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Easing himself out of the shower once he was finished, Kal gingerly tended his wounds.
confused

It tingled a bit at first, but it was a good feeling that felt as though it was working right away on making the skin repair itself.
So, what about a big manly scar?

He desperately wanted to be with Lois - to hug her, to kiss her, to make love to her. But he simply wasn't able to keep his eyes open any longer.
/shakes head sadly/

He couldn't summon the strength to call to her, though she was only just down the hall in the living room.
Bad Lois. She really needs to talk to Catira.

Fasa jumped up onto the bed, and attempted to climb onto Kal's chest.
Or Fasa.

"Lois?" he called out.

His frown deepened when he received no response.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is a great 'bridge' chapter, sorta the calm before the storm of Nor and company.

Love the furball! Fasa reminds me so much of my own little kitty, especially when it comes to sleeping on your feet! thumbsup

Nor is not a nice guy, refusing to accept Kal's hand in assistance and all that. He's a little too obvious in his dislike of Kal, but hey what do you expect of a spoiled brat?

Good to see the Lyne family show up after the dust is settled. Kudos to Kal for standing up to his Father-in-law, as I mentioned earlier, the man is an absolute cad. Elle behaved herself and Luci was sweet and fun. Very refreshing to know she and Lois are on good terms and share a determined spirit.

Ruce arrives at last! So, if he is such a good friend, where was he at the wedding?

Oh, I like the way you mentioned how much Kal is beginning to lean on his wife rather than his brothers, that's the way its supposed to be!

Lux slitered onto the scene...Boo! Hiss! Now things are really moving forward.

All in all a really cool chapter and as always I await new installments. hyper

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Things are going too good. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Nor isn't going to go quietly.

Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
Things are going too good. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Nor isn't going to go quietly.
My thoughts exactly! lol

He had a new theory that those with Kryptonian genetics would possess a host of powers in the presence of a yellow sun, like that of Earth. Kal listened respectfully, but found the idea to be slightly farfetched.
oh boy!

Every time I get to the 'To Be Continued...' line, I want to punch the computer! Wonderful part, of course. I like that Lois' family sees she's happy. That's what you get for trading your daughter like cattle, Samm! lol

.talk nerdy to me.
Features Writer
Features Writer
? Is Lois going to be pregnant and lord nor going to kidnap her. In some way. And is there going to be an nfic to this. My wondering mind wants to know lol

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Interesting celebrations they have on Krypton. Here let's beat each other to a pulp and then all come together to eat and party.
laugh

Teleporting doctors! Now, there's something we could use on Earth!
Ooooh! I agree!

Um... Didn't Kal just promise the purse to the people, not to Jak? Another fine night on the town for Jak!
Concubines for everyone!

Yes, it couldn't have been easy for Lois to watch that fight.
Nope. laugh

Wrong answer, Kal. When you wife asks you what she can do to make you feel better, you don't tell her you're "fine" unless you *like* sleeping on the couch.
rotflol

Kal! Not in front of the tabloids!
<flips to Kryptonian TMZ>

*sigh*

Ooooh. Jai liked the kiss.
rotflol

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yep, have to agree with Lois again. Not very civilized.
Kinda like a boxing match? wink

Um... Kal, why are you thinking about Nor in your shower?
Because it will be inmportant later?

Me starting to think DC lied about Nurse Lois.
I might have misjudged how much I put into this chapter. blush

What is she doing out in the living room, when her injured husband needs her in the bedroom to cuddle with him?
She's a woman on a mission. wink

He's not the only one. Bloom off the rose already there, Lois. It's all that thinking of Nor while in the shower. Correct answer would have been to invite *Lois* into the shower with you. But, hey, you're still new at this marriage thing, so I'll let you off this time with a warning.
laugh

She's been kidnapped by Nor!
You and Anti-K said the same thing! laugh

Or not.
laugh

"Yeah! Well, so am I. Since you had no 'energy' to spend with your wife, I went and hung out with Jai. He has *lots* of energy."
<watches as truly annoyed Kal turns said brother into a eunch>

"Lois said you weren't treating her right. So, I came to draw you a diagram, honey."
In color too!

Last warning, people!
rotflol

"And I learned some *really* neat tricks from this chick named Cat."

Okay, DC, I'm going to say it. You're a tease.
Sorry, I totally didn't mean to be. rotflol

No worries! They make me laugh!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
Great! It is Sunday and I have a new chapter to read. hyper

No!

I have an idea: please, let Nor eat a big glowing stone (green of course) for dinner.

Still enjoying the story and waiting for the next part. wave
wave Thanks so much! Yes, Nor, come take your pois...vitamins!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/waits for Nor to reach up, grab Kal’s hand, hold him steady while he pulls out a knife, and then pull Kal down and thrust the knife cleanly in below the sternum.
evil

So, first there’s Lois-time, and this is immediately followed by nap-time. Yep, he’s a guy, all right.
huh

Well…using a gun instead of the drei to kill your opponent. That’s a big no-no. Also, it’s discouraged to kidnap your opponents favorite concubine to extort his forfeit.
laugh

Where is Lois?
Around...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, what about a big manly scar?
Nope. Only because I like my Kal unscarred.

Bad Lois. She really needs to talk to Catira.
clap

/wonders what Jai was imagining he just interrupted right now/
"Pssst! Ching! I just prevented us from getting a niece or nephew! You and Zara still have time to catch up!"

So, Kal lets Lois roam free while an untold number of strangers are in the palace and Nor could just grab her?
Basically?

Since she’d not be the first wife to vanish on Krypton…
"And when we didn't see her or get a postcard or anything for six months...well, we just assumed she was in a shallow grave somewhere."

Well, how about step up to him, and punch him once?
Depends on where that one punch lands. wink

So, completely inappropriate behavior, then?
The harlot!

I’m sure Ruce A’ne like’s ‘em spunky, too. And clad in painted leather.
clap

And especially puzzling was the way she was holding her hands about ten inches apart. Like she was indicating the size of something. It was all very puzzling.
Especially since Luci's eyes looked about ready to pop out of her skull.

Oh dear. /waits for Nor to meet them there/
evil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This is a great 'bridge' chapter, sorta the calm before the storm of Nor and company.
Thank you! laugh

Love the furball! Fasa reminds me so much of my own little kitty, especially when it comes to sleeping on your feet!
Aww! Cats are so great at that, aren't they?

Nor is not a nice guy, refusing to accept Kal's hand in assistance and all that. He's a little too obvious in his dislike of Kal, but hey what do you expect of a spoiled brat?
He pulls the wings off flies in his spare time too. wink

Good to see the Lyne family show up after the dust is settled. Kudos to Kal for standing up to his Father-in-law, as I mentioned earlier, the man is an absolute cad. Elle behaved herself and Luci was sweet and fun. Very refreshing to know she and Lois are on good terms and share a determined spirit.
Thanks. I couldn't not address it. And I thought it would be good if Luci was just like Lois. Which helps her and Kal to bond too.

Ruce arrives at last! So, if he is such a good friend, where was he at the wedding?
Because the author didn't think to put Ruce in until the duel, last chapter? wink

Oh, I like the way you mentioned how much Kal is beginning to lean on his wife rather than his brothers, that's the way its supposed to be!
Thanks! Yep, Kal has come a looooong way.

Lux slitered onto the scene...Boo! Hiss! Now things are really moving forward.
And that can never be a good thing, can it? wink

All in all a really cool chapter and as always I await new installments.
Thanks so much, Morgana! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard