#85491 04/01/12 08:55 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/04/14 01:54 AM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Whoops. This was supposed to go on the prologue. blush

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Very interesting story, Virginia.
Looking forward to the next part.

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mouserocks: That happens! No harm, no foul. smile1 If you make it past this part, you can weather anything I throw your way. If my Betas haven't killed me yet... although I did get a wildguy recently, I better get that last part finished blush ... it can't be that bad, right? Thank you for your comments.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well it seems like a fine mess you are weaving for them. I am looking forward to how you get them all out of it. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Laurach:
Well it seems like a fine mess you are weaving for them. I am looking forward to how you get them all out of it. Laura
Thank you and evil

VirginiaR.
---
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Looks like an intriguing set up. Can't wait to see how you develop it.

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
WHAT? CLARK IS DEAD IN THE FIRST CHAPTER? WHAT?

(sorry about the all-caps. I just had to vent.)

The scary thing is that now Lois doesn't remember him! It's going to be difficult to get out of this pickle.

Looking forward to more.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Joan. Sometimes when I look at this opening Part it reminds me of one of those 'how are they going to get out of this one?' challenges of Tank's. There's a reason I chose to quote Jor-El for my quote. laugh

IolantheAlias, remember this isn't canon Clark. Canon Clark is fine and disappearing on Lois and making fun of Dan back in his own dimension. And this isn't alt-Clark, who... well... who knows what alt-Clark is doing with Lana in 1995? This is a new dimension of Tempus's making, based on canon dimension. How is Lois going to get out of this pickle? Well, duh! She's Lois Lane - the original Miss Pickles and Mustard - she can get out of anything. laugh (/pst. I'm writing as fast as I can... wink 24 is already 21 double spaced pages long and I haven't gotten to the end yet... I'd hate to make it 25 parts - and split this part in half - so it just might end up being a doozy of part or I'll have to have to ask my Betas what I should cut... sloppy /)

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
Catching up now. Officially.
“What do you mean baby Clark is dead?” Lois screamed at H. G. Wells.
whinging
She kicked the man in the stomach and then the crotch.
Go, Lois!
His face froze and he murmured, “I feel funny.” Suddenly, Tempus seemed more a collection of atoms and less a solid mass. A breeze passed through Rocky Cove and Tempus disappeared.
whinging whinging So sad. The way you bounced between those emotions- the hope that springs in both Martha and Lois' chests, back down to the heartwrenching reality of Jonathan's words... So depressing and painful. In a way, I hate that I can keep reading this.
“Time is like this line…” Wells picked up a stick and drew a line in the dirt. “Because Tempus changed history so drastically, at the point where Tempus, me, you, and Mr. Kent arrived in 1966 – or probably more precisely at the point in time where baby Clark died – our timeline split or shattered into two separate dimensions.”
Now Back to the Future logic I can follow. wink
She pulled out a notebook and pen and started writing. She described who Clark Kent and Superman were and what had occurred that day briefly. She wrote her contact information at the Daily Planet down at the bottom of the page. Then she tore it out of the notebook and handed it to Wells.
Smart choice. I only hope she will believe it in the Clark-less world she'll be returning to.
“What do you know about Tempus? His parents’ names? Where he came from? Anything?”

Wells shook his head softly.

“I refuse to believe that you of all people would bring someone from the future into the past without knowing something about them, doing some kind of background check.”
Good point. Otherwise, why bring Tempus back? As opposed to any other old stranger? (And if it was just a random pick of the draw, then I must say, Lois and Clark have *extremely* bad luck). There's gotta be something he knows, some sort of connection.
It must have been that investigation she had been working on into the wee small hours of the morning had drained her of energy. Mayson Drake’s death.
[...]
Which was why Mayson’s death had affected her so strongly. She would miss her one female friend, her best friend.
eek Surprise there. Just think- all it took was remiving the competition for the two of them to work things out.
That had been one strange dream. She shook her head. It had seemed so clear, so vivid, so real. She had been in love with a man, a handsome man with dark hair and glasses, and muscular physique. Him, she could remember, his name, not so much. She remembered how he had taken her into his arms and floated them over the fence.

Lois thought about that one detail again. That didn’t make any sense. People don’t float. She shook her head. Anyway, her dream man had disappeared, literally. And there had been a baby. Their baby? The baby had dark hair, so it could have been. But the baby died too.

Her chest ached at the thought of her baby dying. She wished she could remember the baby’s name. She had never wanted children before, never considered it a possibility. But this baby… she pined for this baby in a way she had never longed for anything in her life before.
To put it in terms of a dream actually makes a lot more sense. More sense than their real lives, anyway. And so sad the way she reflected on it. mecry
That was what most men she met did, with the exception of Lex. Lex had always been honest with her, which was why Lois Lane hardly ever dated anymore.
WHA...? eek
Men like that just didn’t exist, at least not in this universe
Sadly not.
Dan Scardino was interested in her, but she wasn’t sure about him. He seemed more Mayson’s type.
Ha! A pairing I actually would have agreed to!
Didn’t you get him checked suspenders last year? a man’s seductive, somewhat hesitant, voice asked inside her head.
Oooh. You know, this could be fun, in a sort of twisted way. If Clark's voice was in her head, slowly helping her remember things. Sort of like Ivy, but different of course. laugh
It looked like Cat Grant. Oooh. That would make her day.
Yay! Cat's still here! There may be some fun ahead, yet!
She smiled appreciatively and then took a closer look at the red mark on his arm. “Wow, that must be some itch.”
/snickers/ Are you going to include that too? Or am I to expect it in the sequel? Or is that reaching?
Lois didn’t remember writing the note. She had no idea who Clark Kent was nor who, or what, Tempus was. H. G. Wells? The author? The very dead author? Please! What kind of crap was this, Lane? Notes for a novel?
No! Buy it, Lois! Please? Your dream man will thank you later!
She shrugged and tossed the paper haphazardly onto her desk.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! *Never* leave important things in plain sight! With your luck?! wallbash It'll disappear before you know it (oddly familiar, no?)

Great, great, great job! Full of intrigue and suspense and heartbreak... Even if I wanted to stop reading it, I couldn't- I'm hooked! Can't wait for more (though I might have to with my own schedule)!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooh! I didn't scare Mouserocks off after all. thumbsup (science for humanities majors?)

Smart choice. I only hope she will believe it in the Clark-less world she'll be returning to.
cool

Good point. Otherwise, why bring Tempus back? As opposed to any other old stranger? (And if it was just a random pick of the draw, then I must say, Lois and Clark have *extremely* bad luck). There's gotta be something he knows, some sort of connection.
One would hope.

Surprise there. Just think- all it took was remiving the competition for the two of them to work things out.
Well, they are both strong career types battling it out in male dominated fields. I can see them forging a friendship from that (us vs. them). Adding Clark into the equation makes the relationship more adversial.

That was what most men she met did, with the exception of Lex. Lex had always been honest with her, which was why Lois Lane hardly ever dated anymore.
WHA...? eek
evil

/snickers/ Are you going to include that too? Or am I to expect it in the sequel? Or is that reaching?
S2 continues where it left off after Tempus Fugitive...

Great, great, great job! Full of intrigue and suspense and heartbreak... Even if I wanted to stop reading it, I couldn't- I'm hooked! Can't wait for more
Thank you. Posting more tonight at midnight (my time). Speaking of which, time to go prep the next part.

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“What do you mean baby Clark is dead?” Lois screamed at H. G. Wells.
Uh-oh eek And you *killed* a *baby*? Sick. Very sick sense of humor. /starts body count: 1 (Alt-Lois doesn’t count)

“You killed him, you sick deviant of a man! Who kills a baby?!”
Virginia.

She kicked the man in the stomach and then the crotch.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Micahel: grumble sensitive keyboard of new laptop>> Now, where was I?

BC: 2
clap Some men really do have committment issues.

I just realized: How are they going to survive Nightfall? Or will the nukes actually work?
<<whistling innocently>> cool

Well, there’s MLT’s explanation…
Oooh. I don't think I've read that one. Which one is that? <<rubs hands for more procrastination reading>>

Then how will HG Wells get back home?
He's stuck in the future.

He appeared kind and kind of friendly?
clap

/eyes Part 2 with suspicion/
Oh, dear. Is Michael eyeing the long line at the roller coaster? <<bats eyelashes>> please grovel give my story a chance. Two Betas begging for the last part can't be a bad thing, right?

Thanks for the chuckles. wink

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Don't be surprised if you lose count by the end.
eek

Some men really do have committment issues.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There's No Place Like Home. I do remember correctly that you mentioned reading it, right?
Nope, but I think you've recommended it before, it sounds familiar. There! It's on my list now. I won't forget to read it this time, after I catch up on my S5 episodes. laugh

What about the remaining novels? And the changed history 'H.G. Wells went missing in 1913'.
I didn't recall Wells mentioning when he left to go to the future, I'll have to double check that factoid (oh, shucky darn wink )The Time Machine was published in 1895, so it's interesting that it is almost 20 years after that he's going into the future. Well, thanks. I'll be sure keep that in mind for the future. wink

As to what happened to H.G. Wells's past. Well, as I explained in this part, this new alt-canon-dimension doesn't really have a past of its own before shortly before dusk on May 17, 1966, when Tempus died. This dimension is an off shoot (hence the "Y" analogy) from canon dimension. Therefore, it will share a past with canon dimension, until that time when they can resurrect (reconnect the dots, repeat, darn, what is the word I'm thinking of? reconstruct!) the events that cause Tempus from not being erased from time. When they figure out how to save Tempus, they will unshatter time, and make their "Y" dimension to canon dimension into an "X" dimension with canon dimension. laugh help someone just covered my mouth with spoilage tape! I hope said closure (the ending) worked for them or I'll have to go an rework it.

Feel free to return your ticket at any time, if you think my roller coaster will make you hurl. :p I knew this story wouldn't be for everyone when I wrote it, but sometimes stories dictate taking the road with the scary fog and omnious shadows before one can reach the sunshine, butterflies, and flowers. wave

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Virginia,

I'm relieved. dance

We are taking radically different paths. No one can say we collaborated. smile

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
We are taking radically different paths. No one can say we collaborated. smile
Nothing wrong with a little collaboration, there, Ken. It's the downwright stealing that Superman frowns upon. wink But, no, I don't think our stories will be tiptoeing along the same path.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What about the remaining novels? And the changed history 'H.G. Wells went missing in 1913'.
Okay, research started. According to "Tempus Anyone?" the Wells from "Tempus Fugitive" was from 1899, while the Wells from "TA" was from 1916. (17 years later).

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, some of you might notice that the part totals differ between this Part and the FDK for this Part, that's because Part 24 ending up being WAY too long, like 40 double spaced pages (twice the length of some of my lengthy Parts), so my Betas and I decided to extend your reading pleasure by chopping in half to give you two more days to chew off your fingernails. evil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I apologize to any physicists who don't like the way I'm playing with time.
/promises not to tell Sheldon/

<<whistling innocently>> I have no idea what you're talking about.
/squints eyes/

Now, Michael, aren't you the man who's always insisting that I not give away any spoilers in my FDK comments feedback.
eek It was a *rhetorical* observation given the author's previously stated disinclination towards such a theme.

During the course time of my story Lois will meet a lot of scummy [...], Lois does not engage in any non-consensual sex during the course (timeline) of my Another Lois story.
Translation: Lois will engage in lots of icky stuff with Call-Me-Daniel.

someone just covered my mouth with spoilage tape!
Or you're being kidnapped?

Feel free to return your ticket at any time, if you think my roller coaster will make you hurl.
/says author after stuffing ticket down throat of unsuspecting reader/

I knew this story wouldn't be for everyone when I wrote it,
Things that are similar to drugs, for $100. Also, just like drugs, the first hit is free, but it pains you once you're hooked.

Okay, some of you might notice that the part totals differ between this Part and the FDK for this Part
You *could* have gone with 24a and 24b blush

so my Betas and I decided to extend your reading pleasure by chopping in half to give you two more days to chew off your fingernails.
wave Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard