Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yippie! It's finally here! smile1

Dr. Friskin. I love Dr. Friskin. Anyone have her phone number? wink

That meant Clark still slept alone.
Poor Clark.

He also wanted her to love him back. That's all he'd ever wanted- a woman that loved him as much as he loved her.
I think that's what we all want, Clark. Someone to love us like we love them.

But ever since their date the week before, all he'd been able to think about was making love to her. They hadn't done anything special, just dinner and a movie. Something had changed though. The subtle touches felt different, more pronounced. The look in her eyes was different, deeper.
Uh-oh. Horny Superman. Watch out world! wink

"I love you, too, baby."

He called her baby all the time. He was the only man that could do that and get away with it. It sounded sexy as hell when he said it.
Sorry, SQD, you know how I feel about that B word. razz I'm one of those few people (I'm guessing here by the amount of times it is used in FanFic) where the B word makes me feel the opposite of sexy. It's like a dip in the Arctic. But to each their own.

she knew she'd healed enough to give him what he craved. She was ready.
She didn't crave it too? clap Poor Clark.

"Poor baby," she whispered. Just one more day, she thought
laugh Is she having too much fun torturing the poor man, or what? Or is Clark upstairs doing this: clap Ah, I understand, NOW she's craving it.

'If you're so worried about this', Dr. Friskin had said to him. 'Why are you condoning it by participating?'

Was she kidding?
laugh

And Lois was still insatiable. The only break he'd gotten was the week she was on her period. If you can call it a break.
Um... Thanksgiving... Christmas.... Almost Valentine's Day... and only ONE period? Clark are you not using your math skills?

"I don't think I am happy."

"What?" he asked, fear washing over him. He was happy. "Lois..." he started, but stopped when she grinned.
HOW could she not be happy?

"What's missing? Honey, if I've done something..."

"This is missing." She pushed a book across the counter toward him. It was a bride's magazine. "I hadn't meant to ask you like this. I wanted something a bit more romantic."
Awwwwww.

Lois' mouth fell open as she got her first look at the gorgeous ring inside.

"I bought it with the intention to ask you to marry me at Christmas, but..." He shrugged. "It just didn't seem like the right time. I was waiting on Valentine's Day."
Oh, Clark (face palm) you don't need a holiday to propose. Rookie mistake!

"More than ready." She grinned at him wickedly. "Besides, if we keep having sex the way we've been doing, we'll need to be married."

His brows rose. "You're not...?"

"No, no. I'm not pregnant. But I want to be married for real before I am the next time."
Is she SURE about that?

"Hey, Clark?" She waited until he turned back. "Can we get married sooner rather than later?"

"Why the rush?"

"There's no rush. I'd just like to have a spring wedding."

"Spring? *This* spring?"

"Yes, this spring." She rolled her eyes at him.
Really, Clark? I'm with Lois here. RUSH? You'd think Vegas wouldn't be quick enough for you.

Every little girl imagines her perfect wedding.
Technically, not true. I never did, but my mother's like canon Ellen. Marriage was verbotten in our house.

Clark's eyes went back to Lois'. "What do you say we have a *Kansas* spring wedding?"

"Oh, that does sound good. The twins would love it. And we could make out in the hayloft," she finished with a waggle of her brows, causing him to laugh.
Awwwww. And Lois!

"Hot dog!" Jonathan shouted,
I've always loved your Jonathan. He's so alive and happy.

"You do know if I was a little older, CK wouldn't stand a chance?"
Jack! Man with super hearing just across the room.

Jimmy was dancing with Lana, of all people. He'd actually been out with her three times, which was... weird at first.
Still weird. Lana?

"Easy for you to say. You didn't have to clean up."

"Oh, shut up," she said as she swatted him with one of the pillows. "You were done in like ten seconds."
<<LOL.>> (I'm running out of Graemlins)

"Watch it, Kent. I'll cut you off."

He sat up and kissed her below her ear. "Don't do that. After you've been so thoroughly taking care of me lately, I'd die if you cut me off," he said softly.
He's Clark, Lois. He doesn't lie. If he says 'Die'; he means 'die.'

All I know is that I want to, I *need* to feel the same way."

"And you think this will make you feel that way?"
This will make her feel like she OWNS him? wink Oh, honey, you "owned" him at hello.

"I wonder if he knows he's going to be a daddy again," Jack asked as he looked down at the photo over Perry's shoulder.

"He'll know soon enough."
Okay, how do Jack and Perry know before Clark? LOL.

Great story, SQD! It had everything. Highs, lows, horror, fear, anticipation, romance, sadness, paitence, sweetness, and love. Get well soon. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That was a nice ending. I wish it were in the nfic folder though. I think in this case this chapter at least, should have been. It was close but not close enough. The sexual nature of this part would have been complete in that folder. But overall, it was a nice end to the story. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was a great ending to a great story. I loved all the journey that both of them took to reach this point. You knew how to put into words all the emotions involved in this story and it were very powerful emotions, good and bad feelings. Sometimes it seemed a happy ending was impossible, but you accomplished this mission with perfection. No wonder, after all you are a master in the art of writing. huh

I wish it were in the nfic folder though. I think in this case this chapter at least, should have been. It was close but not close enough. The sexual nature of this part would have been complete in that folder.
Hey, let me tell you a secret: SQD wrote this story originally as nfic. If we beg, grovel and nag enough maybe she will take pity on us and post the complete untrimmed version. peep

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
My jaw just dropped.... READING!!!!!

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow! What a ride!

This story has been one where we saw the behind the scenes, internal, and emotional working of both Lois & Clark. She was big enough (in this story) to admit cracks in her life, and smart enough to trust Clark so she had a happy ending. And in typical Lois-fashion, she also learned that she was lovable and capable of giving love when there was someone lovable in her reach. She was a wonderful mother, sister, and wife for Clark.

Thanks SQD for a wonderful ride through a horrible subject matter. I cannot wait to reread this story knowing that the end is "happily ever after."

Pat

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard