Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Well... since nobody's started this yet...

Oh em gee! Clark's taking a mighty big risk right there being all advice-y about this subject! Mr. Brave Pants.

I love a good holiday themed story! Can't wait for the rest!

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, let's see, it's a month that ends in Y so Sue S must be writing another adaptation of The Phoenix. wink I love how you can rewrite this episode 100 times and it never, and I mean NEVER, gets old. thumbsup whinging

She quickly discounted the fantasy of Superman flying her to a deserted island for a night of passion.

Be realistic, she told herself. Think of something that's much more likely to happen.
Good ol' Valentine's Day type massacre to report on? dance

"You're not afraid to take chances. I always have to be so careful." He flexed his hands as if he regretted their strength. "You have a gift, Lois."
Awwwwwwww. Poor Supes. notworthy

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh nice start. I can't wait for more. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
oh oh oh!!! so happy i checked this before i went to bed! cannot wait for more!!

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I haven't read L&C fic in such a long while, but this caught my eye and I just had to fit it in today!

And totally loved it too!

Cannot wait for part 2 and 3 hyper

Kerth
Kerth
Howdy! smile1
Well, let's see, it's a month that ends in Y so Sue S must be writing another adaptation of The Phoenix.
I've got a million of 'em! I think it's because that's the first episode where both of them have given up on fighting the attraction between them. There's no zigging while the other zags. There's just lots and lots of delicious unresolved sexual tension and so many ways to spin it. My only quibble with the episode is Luthor's hokey resurrection. There had to have been a better way to write that. I just don't want to waste any brain cells on it when I can think about L/C on that couch instead.

Funnily enough, I didn't actually set out to write a Phoenix-based story (I rarely do, it just turns out that way). I wanted to do something for Valentine's Day. And then I saw that Phoenix aired two days before VD and I was forced (FORCED, I tell you!) to rewatch it and see what I could glean for inspiration. It's always slightly bothered me that they completely glossed over how Lois must have felt with her sociopathic ex-fiance back from the dead. By the next week, in Top Copy, it was like someone had hit the reset button and nothing had accrued. So, you know, maybe at first you wouldn't feel anything because you were shocked. But eventually that has to sink in and give you pause to think.

For Lex? Her stupidity, yes, but for Lex?
Absolutely! Lois claims never to have cared about him. Isn't that easier than admitting that you did sorta, kinda like him enough to agree to marry him? There has to be some little corner of her heart that felt something. Plus, despite her tough exterior, Lois has a lot of empathy. She can feel sorry for him in general. It must have hurt a lot, going splat and being pieced back together. In the actual episode she told him that she felt he had "suffered enough". So she does feel sorry for him on some level.

Do they / Have they (her and Superman, they) ever really just TALKED?
Again I would say "Absolutely!". He's constantly showing up at her apartment (to dance, to check in on her, to admire her trophies, etc.) She's awestruck by Superman, but she's also relaxed enough around him that his popping up at her apartment at odd hours doesn't faze her. That says to me that they talk with enough frequency for her to refer to him more than once as "a friend". Also, most of the time after he's rescued her, he sticks around at least long enough to ask if she's okay. Since he was busy hauling Lex out of the tunnels, I'm assuming he didn't get a chance to ask her (as Superman) how she was coping with Lex's reappearance in her life.

No, but you could pretend you're two different people and let her discuss her love for the other one of you while the first one of you is in the room. And still think this won't blow up in your face someday.
To be fair to Clark, Lois brought the subject up. He tries to dance around the subject in a neutral way and tells her that she really ought to talk to Clark about it, not him. Not that it would save him in the least if she figured it out right then and there. laugh

Laura - If you thought the start was nice, you're in luck. The middle and the end are a lot more fun. smile

Sarah - I'm glad I posted before you went to bed!

DW - You haven't been reading fic? Where have you been? Welcome back!

Thanks to everyone who's commented. I'll have the next part up by tonight! sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sue,

I read this first thing this morning using my bberry and was tempted at that point to create the FDK but didn't trust the bberry to do it.

Delightful story and you say it gets better! hyper

I have a hard time imagining that. This was tremendous. party

Can't wait for parts 2 and 3. hail

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm off to bed in 2 hours, think you can make it by then? Pretty please?? sloppy

(And can I be the first to vote for some sort of nfic epilogue type thingy?? Oh you just know you wanna!)

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Columnist
Columnist
Sue! Just read the first part and can't wait for more! I've always thought that they glossed over the whole issue of Lois' feelings after Lex comes back. And Clark's feelings, for that matter. You'd think he'd be pretty angry and upset at Lex's return, not to mention his concern for Lois being alone with him.

And I actually just opened the thread and read the story without looking at the author. When I went back to the board to look for the fdk folder, I saw that you wrote it. I literally said out loud, "This is a Sue story!!!"

I can't wait to read the rest! smile1

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
Kerth
Kerth
Great start to this! Can't wait for part 2! Wonder how/if/when Clark/Superman will get caught with his feet in his mouth... maybe? I'm all for WAFF too, of course. wink

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Kerth
Kerth
Ooo! More feedback! thumbsup

Gr8 - I make no promises about an epilogue. But the thought may have crossed my mind. laugh

Kristen - Like you, I've always wondered how Clark felt about Lex's return. That's just fodder for another Phoenix story. Next time… sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Ides of Metropolis
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
One of my favorite times in the series - S2 Church of Metropolis/The Phoenix... love anything set in that period. Love hearing Lois's thoughts about him carrying her to the bedroom and how his smile makes her go weak (while similtaneously making her annoyed - lol). I so firmly believe that she fell in love with him light years before she was even slightly ready to admit it.

Interesting convo she's having with Superman... I can't believe Superman told her to tell Clark that she just wanted to be friends. That's living dangerously, Clark! Knowing how terrified she is of relationships, I'd have been afraid she would've been like, "Okay, good idea!"

I love holiday stories, especially well-written ones, and so I'm looking forward to each part of this, Sue. I've always been a fan of your writing!

Can't wait for part 2.

Tracey smile

Features Writer
Features Writer
What a great story based off one of my favorite episodes--can't wait to read the whole thing!

Had to laugh--even though it was sad, too--at her thinking that her fish wouldn't be buying her chocolates on Valentine's Day.

I love the comparison between Clark and Claude and the description given for Clark. Also, the paragraph explaining her life-view, including that best friends will turn into bitter enemies--is just heartbreaking.

What a great conversation between Lois and Superman. I felt bad for Clark there, trapped between not saying enough and saying too much. I love that he encouraged Lois to be honest with Clark (himself) even if that did mean she would tell him she only wanted to be friends. Very selfless, thinking of her first.

And the line about wanting to be Clark's everything but not wanting him to be hers--chills ran through me.

So glad she's going to go see Clark! Hope he'll be there by the time she gets to his place.

Kerth
Kerth
I'm happy to have a little catching up to do!

Tracey - How nice to see you again! I love that time period in the series, too. So many possibilities. smile Regarding the conversation with Superman - I just can't see him using his alter ego to push Lois into his arms. I think he'd be careful to keep it neutral (telling her it's a decision that only she can make) or err on the side of caution (telling her to just be friends if that's all she was comfortable with). She is terrified of relationships, but in his own way, so is Clark. He only gets one shot at getting it right.

AntiKryptonite - See my rant above about the Superman conversation. When it comes to Lois, sometimes Clark is a little too selfless. ('Contact' comes to mind.) Thank you for picking out the line about being everything to Clark - it was one of my favorites.

Thanks for the comments - they're very much appreciated! sloppy

Ides of Metropolis
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
She was starting to warm to the idea of having a few days off to recharge when she stopped short in front a Vermeer, caught off guard by the discreet plaque underneath that read "A gift from the collection of Lex Luthor".
Doh! I'm glad she happened to see this to crack her carefully built walls. Good to get her mind rolling.

By the time she got home she had castigated herself for the extra five pounds she had put on over the holidays and still hadn't lost.
This made me chuckle. What a list of grievances.

The memory of him carrying her to the bedroom door was enough to make her brain short-circuit. God help her, she wanted him.
<vbg>

Superman obviously knew she was home. She couldn't go quiet and fool him into flying away.
Pesky superhearing...

Superman had gone completely silent behind her. Lois wondered what he must think of her now but she didn't want to turn around and find out.
Oh I think he loves you just a little bit more now!

"I want to be his… everything. All of it. I just don't want him to be my everything."
I love her brutal honesty here. So true to Lois.

I especially like that he points out his love of her recklessness while at the same time his need to be so cautious. Plants the seed nicely for Lois to take a chance with Clark. I like the double meaning of SM being careful in general and having to be careful around Lois specifically.

On to part 2...

Kerth
Kerth
Thank you, Emily! You saw how the sausage gets made on this one, so it means a lot to me that you still like the story. smile

Ides of Metropolis
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1 goofy

She had made a resolution this year to eat healthy or at least to stop eating anything that came out of a vending machine.
Don’t they have vending machines stocked with Double Fudge Crunch Bars?

. That was another one of her resolutions that she had only sort of heeded. From now on, she would only take the stairs. Unless she had an armful of groceries.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
Aw, Michael! I had thought you had skipped this story - I was so excited to see that you were still reading me! smile1

Love the picture of the chocolates! Between that and all your comments, I was giggling a lot.

Thank you!

Ides of Metropolis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Glad I could make you laugh. And no, I was just behind in my FDKing blush blush

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard