Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Once Upon a Dream - TOC

One, two, three... [Linked Image]

See, isn't First Kiss looking so much better than this first draft now? Aren't you wishing you hadn't asked me to piece together these cutting room floor parts to make a coherent story? wink

That first scene of Superman delivering the note to Lois, reminded me a bit too much of my story Just a Little Note. And those adaptations of the WoS scenes seemed a bit... well, bad.

This WAFFy scene at the end wasn't too bad, except Clark wasn't very Clarkish in his behavior. Now, you know why all these scenes ended up not making it to the final story.

Tomorrow I'll post my "Over the Top" Epilogue -- which technically ISN'T a cutting room floor scene. I just figured if I was going to make a groan-worthy story, I better add in one of my famous (infamous) twist Epilogues. evil

As always, comments accepted below.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/09/14 01:59 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Columnist
Columnist
I like it! Esp. the hot fudge sundae... I was all 'no, he should be the fudge', but then you elaborated and said he was the foundation and the rest was just toppings... it was like 'awwwwwwwww'

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
I like it! Esp. the hot fudge sundae... I was all 'no, he should be the fudge', but then you elaborated and said he was the foundation and the rest was just toppings... it was like 'awwwwwwwww'
Yes, definitely my favorite part TJO. laugh The Ice-Cream analogy. I love it so much, do not be surprised if you see it creep up in my other stories. Thank you for reading despite all of my silly warnings.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] I like it! Esp. the hot fudge sundae... I was all 'no, he should be the fudge', but then you elaborated and said he was the foundation and the rest was just toppings... it was like 'awwwwwwwww'
Yes, definitely my favorite part TJO. laugh The Ice-Cream analogy. I love it so much, do not be surprised if you see it creep up in my other stories. Thank you for reading despite all of my silly warnings. [/b]
All you young folks with your street slang... grumble What is TJO?

The ice cream analogy is brilliant. I have a puzzle piece analogy that I use a lot in everyday life, and I used once in a story. I was giddy when I ended up reading a story by someone else that used a similar puzzle piece analogy.

I look forward to reading about more of your ice cream....

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
All you young folks with your street slang... grumble What is TJO?
Terribly sorry. I guess I'm officially not a newbie anymore. Over the past year I've gotten used to listing the episode name by abv. TJO = Target Jimmy Olsen. The only one I could get after months on the boards was GGGoH, so I asked and I received.

Please see this thread (most helpful): Episode Guide

/pst: GGGoH = Green, Green Glow of Home

VirginiaR.
---
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] All you young folks with your street slang... grumble What is TJO?
Terribly sorry. I guess I'm officially not a newbie anymore. Over the past year I've gotten used to listing the episode name by abv. TJO = Target Jimmy Olsen. The only one I could get after months on the boards was GGGoH, so I asked and I received.

Please see this thread (most helpful): Episode Guide

/pst: GGGoH = Green, Green Glow of Home [/b]
Oooohhh!! It all makes sense now!

.talk nerdy to me.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Personally I liked the WoS transcript, good job!

Wonderfully WAFFy ending.

Can' wait for the Epilogue, over the top or not.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
smile1

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
loved it! it was very sweet!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ken: Thanks. blush I did clean it up a bit (I confess) before posting to make it more coherent. It was mostly the scene with Clark dressed up as the errent knight that threw most of this story onto the cutting room floor. I loved that scene but knew it would never work in a "real" L&C story. It was... well, strangely enough... something I could see happening in sort of a nightmare reality, which is why it became a dream. Yes, I had redeemed myself slightly by the end of this part... but it wasn't the picture I had of this scene in my head, (see First Kiss which was what I had originally pictured this scene to be), but since I had written all those other scenes, I figured this trip home after the awards needed to fit in with those.

Laura: Wow, you liked it so much you posted twice. laugh Glad another person looked past my silly warnings. clap Thank you.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Wow. Did your suit heal itself, too?”
LOL!

“Clark asked that I destroy that after you read it,” he replied uncomfortably.
eek

“Do you know what’s in it? Poison pen note perhaps? A love letter?” she scoffed. “Yeah. Right. I’d be so lucky.”
eek Erm, Clark, take note of that.

Lois decided at Superman’s stunned expression to railroad past it and hope she could make him forget what she had been saying by laying the blame thickly at Clark’s feet.
*sigh* Typical Lois.

“Lois, how about I go answer a call for help and come back afterwards?” Superman suggested.
clap I love this! It sounds like it came straight from the show!

“Lois,” Clark said with a smile at her annoyed words. “You are the best reporter in the city. You always have been. And you always will be.”
<pats Clark on the head> Good boy.

Well, it was a step up from computer hacking imbecile
clap

“Oh, you stupid, stupid man. I love you.”
<snicker> Yes, stupid man indeed. Stupid is what the S stands for. wink

"Superman may save my body, but you, Clark, you have saved my heart, more times than I can count.”
WOW! Love it!

“You could invite me in and we could see if that kiss thing was beginner’s luck?” Clark suggested.
Ooh! Bad Clark! I approve! clap

“Clark, didn’t you have a secret you wanted to tell me?”
<eek face - I ran out of graemlins>

Delightful! I loved, I cheered! Can't wait to see what's in store in the epilogue!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Deadly Chakram: smile1

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
<<coughs>> It did. (the next line you quoted as well).
Hmmm...guess this gives me an excuse to go back and rewatch the series, since I am forgetting things. hyper

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She hadn’t seen Superman – well, at least not up front and personal like this – since she dug the bullet out of his shoulder.
Ooooh! Is he not fully clothed again?

she asked, since there was no obvious emergency at her apartment.
/waits until the food in her oven starts to produce flames and smoke/

She wished she weren’t breathless every time she spoke to Superman, but there were some things she simply couldn’t get around.
So much for her wanting Clark goofy

She remembered how his uniform had been torn by the Kryptonite bullet, yet now there wasn’t even a seam.
[Linked Image]
The suit *does* come off, Lois.

Of course he had more than one suit. She hadn’t thought about it specifically before, but that made perfect sense.
So, will this now enable her to dream of Superman in the buff?

. “Clark asked that I destroy that after you read it,” he replied uncomfortably.
goofy

“See, I never babble!”

“Are you kidding? You’re a brook,” he mumbled to himself.
The Name
Adorable vignette!

She put her palms on his desk and leaned towards him.

Clark swallowed, guessing that she had completely forgotten that she was wearing that undercover rocker babe outfit which didn’t cover her bosom in the slightest. He was tempted to tell her he liked her red bra, but thankfully the words got caught in his throat.
clap

Superman tried to penetrate the barrier again and was once more bounced back.
You know, I never got why he didn’t just flashfry the glove.

Terrific, she knew that Superman was in love with her. How was Clark ever going to have a chance now?
Maybe he should cut his losses and just make love to her as Superman?

A cab pulled up and she turned to him, her face next to his as she whispered, “Take me home, Clark.”
Ooooooh! .minds goes into… well…

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He wondered when Lois would come out of her undercover assignment as she had called their date and start to tell him what she really had thought of the evening.
laugh No idea where exactly, but somewhere around here I remembered you mentioning this being the alternate version of the awards story.

Clark searched his mind for something trivial to say. He lifted up his award. “It’s smaller than I thought.”

“Not quite as shiny, close-up.” Lois nodded, glancing at the award
/Imagines Lois saying something similar once she has Superman in a…compromising position/ goofy

“Okay, Lois, you’re taking this joke too far,” Clark finally said after the initial tingling sensation faded.
Oh, Clark!

“Enough?”

Lois focused on the keys in her hand, not looking him in the eye. “I’m not her, am I?”
Oh boy.

“Why can’t I be that woman? Why, Clark? Why can’t you love me?”
/imagines Clark saying the same thing about Superman/

The one who would have stolen my dessert while I was making my acceptance speech and then claimed I had eaten it myself beforehand.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: wink I thought I'd scared another one away with my :rolleyes: story. Glad that you decided to trudge through the mud.

Ooooh! Is he not fully clothed again?
No, of course Clark likes to fly the happy skies naked. Oh, wait, that was a different story. Yes, he's dressed.

/waits until the food in her oven starts to produce flames and smoke/
She's not cooking. She knows better than that.

So much for her wanting Clark
Nobody said she'd "touch" the eye-candy.

The suit *does* come off, Lois.
Is there any reason Picard has 3 hands? clap

Okay, that’s the more reasonable conclusion.
Did I mention this is a story about a lunkhead and blind woman?

Ooooooh! “You suckle my toes again or the letter goes public in the bullpen.”
Michael, why would Superman want Clark to suckle his toes?

You know, I never got why he didn’t just flashfry the glove.
What if the soundwaves reflected the light from the heat vision and he accidently flashfried his dear Lois?

/Imagines Lois saying something similar once she has Superman in a…compromising position/
Right, well, it would be after THAT comment.

/imagines Clark saying the same thing about Superman/
Um... didn't he think the same thing a few lines up?

So, she’s saying Superman is the man who’s with her most of the time, then?
Time seems to drag when you're in danger. wink

*Clark!*...
CLARK!
I did mention the lunkhead, didn't I? peep

Adorable, Virginia! Simply adorable!
Thank you. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I thought I'd scared another one away with my [Roll Eyes] story.
wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard