Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Once Upon a Dream - TOC

Well, here it is. My ‘cutting room floor’ first attempt(s) at writing WAFF – Part 1. The scene with Clark in a suit of armor was my “Jumping the Shark” scene that was so [Linked Image] horrible, I had to turn it into a dream. Originally, it wasn’t one.

This story is loosely based on one I wrote in college. Actually, I tried to convert that story to an L&C story and, well, it just didn’t work. Too many variables. I have posted my old story Dreaming , on which this story is based, in the Original Fiction section if you want to check it out. Warning: it hasn’t been Beta’d.

If you want to read a GOOD and serious story about Lois dreaming about being with Clark, may I recommend bakasi’s Only In My Dreams . thumbsup

I'll post Part 2 tomorrow night and the Epilogue the night after (in time for Valentine's Day).

I’ll take any and all comments below. I know this isn’t my best work, so feel free to be honest on horrible it is. All in good clean fun.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/09/14 01:29 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
A
Blogger
Blogger
A
I'm in a rush so I can't explain myself right now, but I'm very proud you're my beta. I'll be waiting the part two.

Columnist
Columnist
I love Martha! lol

Great job! Can't wait for part two.

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Atalide: Thank you for the comment. Glad you're enjoying.

Mrs. Luthor: I am proud of Martha. The all-seeing mother of a lunkhead. I forgot to mention: her face palm is dedicated to Michael, who seems to enjoy them so much. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
D
Blogger
Blogger
D
He must be stronger than she thought, being able to move so well in all that heavy armor.
As always, Lois' sub-conscious is good at hinting at things...

I love how Lois and Clark are dreaming the same dream. They are soul mates after all smile

Looking forward to part 2!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
datasprite12: Are they dreaming the same dream? Or just similar dreams? Shall we see how well Lois pays attention in part two? evil

VirginiaR.
---
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Gotta love the title. It's always fun to see Martha giving Clark a hard time.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
Gotta love the title. It's always fun to see Martha giving Clark a hard time.

Joan
Ooops. Am I letting my favorite Disney film show again? blush wink You're right, no one gives it to Clark like Martha. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He smiled and glided his cheek down hers, his kiss suggesting that they should go somewhere more private.
eek Well that's different!

This time he kissed her lips.
Dream?

Please!
Agreed!

Don’t wake up just yet. This had been the nicest of dreams.
Well, there's a new attitude from Lois!

Godzilla? What in the hell was he doing in this dream?
clap

“I wasn’t mad about being her arm candy.”
Oh Clark! <locks him away in a bouncy castle for a while until he can think straight>

He snatched it away. “Mom! These are my dreams!”

“Feeling violated yet?” she asked, holding out her hand.

Clark winced.
clap

“Those were Lois’s intimate dreams that you read? I would have expected more for the amount of guilt you carried,” she replied.
Um, Martha, have you *met* your son?

Fantastic! No groaning or eye rolling here. Just a lot of laughing out loud! Can't wait to read more!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper More FDK!

Deadly Chakram: Thanks for the indepth comments! laugh

Well that's different!... Dream?
Yep, in this story large passages in italics are dreams or things written down (usually also dreams).

Well, there's a new attitude from Lois!
Ah, poor Lois is suffering from the unrequited love that she developed for Clark before walking down the aisle to Luthor.

For a professional wordsmith, she sure isn't all that good with words sometimes.
For a wordsmith, she has no courage to say to her crush what she actually feels. (Been there, it sucks. See comments on your story - same guy.)

Oooh! Bad Jimmy! I approve!
evil

<Bangs on Clark's head like it's a malfunctioning piece of machinery>
laugh Good thing he's invulnerable.

Clark took a deep breath. “Lois, I’m…”

“Superman?” She was starting to sound like a broken record and decided to try a different tactic instead.

I LOVE this.
How to give the Man of Steel a dent.

Oh Clark! <locks him away in a bouncy castle for a while until he can think straight>
You might have remembered me saying somewhere (on the WAFFy thread) that Clark was a big lunkhead in this story. :rolleyes:

Fantastic! No groaning or eye rolling here. Just a lot of laughing out loud! Can't wait to read more!
Whew! I'll take lol over :rolleyes: , anyday. Glad you likes. Thank you.

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1
None of that mattered, because Clark loved her. Lois could see it in his eyes and feel it in the way his thumb ran over the back of her hand.
That’s quite the unexpected turn of events. And, of course, You’d think I *noticed* that the italic parts are dreams, right? Or, remember, for that part… goofy

The Toasters? No, a gigantic green Jello-like fist came from behind and grabbed her, retracting back into the dancehall. Clark fought the crowd to go after her, but there were too many people. She could hear him yelling for her, muffled with the echoed sounds of chaos. Suddenly, the green fist held her in front of its face. A Jello-like Godzilla.
goofy

Frustrated after months of unrequited love of her self-proclaimed best friend, Lois had blown up over something little — about what she couldn’t remember.
Huh. Didn’t expect that one.

She had informed Clark that if he was going to keep acting in a certain way, she never wanted to have anything more to do with him. He had tried to make up with her — claiming he didn’t want to lose her as a friend, as a partner. But she couldn’t stand having him so near, yet not close enough to touch.
See? That’s what he gets for not suggesting make-up sex, instead.

He was the reason her story hadn’t been good enough to be nominated for a Kerth.
Yes! And you just remember that one. Chocolate bar, Lois?

The remodel of the Sewage Reclamation Facility? Ugh. Perry. No! Been there. Don’t want to go back.
goofy But she already knows the lay of the land. And she can remark on the details of the remodel.

She bet Clark wasn’t even considered for the story about the remodel of the Sewage Reclamation Facility.
No. That would be considered animal cruelty. Since the mosquitoes would ruin their proboscis.

Try it from different angles. You’ll be amazed what you can come up with.”
Mosquito larvae?

“Ms. Lane?”

Lois turned to look at her boss. Perry never called her that unless she was in deep doo-doo.
evil

“You shouldn’t have opened Lois’s Superman file…” Clark insisted as something inside of him made him draw nearer. Did Lois have a secret Superman file?
Uh-oh.

Lying in bed. Nothing to do. No energy. No hunger. No desire to read or watch TV. Only thoughts to keep me company. Thoughts of... Him. When I think of him I’m no longer lonely. I dream of things we could do if he cared for me as I do for him.
Uh-oh.

Lois not caring who won? Lois?
Well. Nightmare. Isn’t she allowed to have them?

“Do you want to tell me what had you so focused that you knocked Jimmy out of the chair?” his boss asked.

Clark hadn’t! He glanced over at Jimmy who was rubbing his bicep. He gulped. Had he? This obsession with Lois was quickly getting out of hand.
Oops?

“Womany dreams?”
evil

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Do you really think this is necessary?” she roared, getting to her feet. “Am I as ferocious as a dragon that you have to dress like this to talk to me?”
No. It’s more to guard him against her kicking sensitive places when he confesses all that her subconscious already knows.

“Oh, no, I think I need to hear this explanation, Sir Charles.” Sir Charles? Where had that name come from?
clap Lois is not very satisfied by him?

“You think she wants me to ask her to be my date?”
evil

“Either I help you edit them or you hand them to Lois as is.”
laugh

“She wanted to go to the Kerth Awards with Superman?” His mom picked out that same strange one he had noticed.
Yeah, I’m thinking she’s on to something there.

“I wonder how Superman looks in a tux?” murmured his mom into her lemonade.
Bright blue pants and jacket. Red silk shirt and dress shoes. Yellow tie and cummerbund?

Spacey ride, there Virginia! And look, there’s more out there, already!

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Ooooh! Michael FDK to brighten my day! Did you notice that I belatedly dedicated Martha's face palm to you? wink

That’s quite the unexpected turn of events. And, of course, You’d think I *noticed* that the italic parts are dreams, right? Or, remember, for that part…
Hmmm. Maybe I should add a note... Nah!

Did not see that one coming. But it’s fitting with Lois’s intimacy issues. Her taking Clark for a morphemic test-drive probably doesn’t rank in the ‘worth mentioning’ department. Her being comfy with him on the other hand…
She wanted the test-drive... that's why she buried herself back in her covers. laugh

See? That’s what he gets for not suggesting make-up sex, instead.
Not usually recommended for a first time.

Yes! And you just remember that one. Chocolate bar, Lois?
clap

Lois is not very satisfied by him?
In more ways than one.

Clark, she might talk like a sailor and act like a burglar and dress like sailor bait, but she’s still a lady at heart.
Yep.

Bright blue pants and jacket. Red silk shirt and dress shoes. Yellow tie and cummerbund?
Why can I picture him doing something like that? Does it have a big "S" crest on the back of the jacket, too?

Spacey ride, there Virginia!
From one spacy gal! laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Did you notice that I belatedly dedicated Martha's face palm to you?
I did notice it while reading. Of course, I then missed it in the FDK jungle wave Michael

/PS: See you soon in FDK#2 blush

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard