Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#84071 12/19/11 06:54 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Jolly St. Clark TOC

Happy Holidays! I'll be posting Part 2 tomorrow.

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/12/14 12:56 AM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Love it!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And toys. Lots and lots of toys.
I'm guessing charity work. Or a Peter-Pan syndrome. wink

She had planned on giving them to Perry. Now, she thought peevishly, she couldn’t. Now, she had to think of another gift for their editor. Thanks, Clark. Thanks a lot!
The nerve of some people, trying to be helpful and all.

“Lois, my cart!” he sputtered.
<imagines Clark coming back to his cart after other shoppers have picked it clean>

“You aren’t disgusted by this?” Lois said in shock, before catching herself. “Of course not. I bet this is exactly how everyone in Smallville pictures Christmas in Metropolis. This commercial cesspool of germs and greed.”
<sings> You're a mean one, Mrs. Grinch...

“What planet are you from?” she replied with anger, throwing her hand back the way they had come.
"Krypton, actually. We don't celebrate Christmas there, per se, but the Winter Solstice requires us to duel half naked in the streets."

“My dad was Santa last year…” His voice faded and he sniffled.
I can totally see that too!

Too late? It was never too late to make a difference. She marched over to Cost Mart’s management office to offer up her services.
Getting Clark volunteered as Santa and her as the Mrs...or a scantily clad elf? Clark would love that!

Perry grinned. “You must have some reputation as an investigative reporter, honey, if they have your name and photo on a blacklist.”
Hmmm...there goes that theory, of Lois being Clark's lovely assistant.

Lois suddenly got one of her brilliant ideas and called to Jimmy from her desk. “I think you’re ready.”

Jimmy’s jaw dropped in shock. “You do?”
Oooh! Scheming to be done! clap

“Yes.” She left it at that. She might not know how to fish, but that didn’t mean she didn’t know how to use a lure.
clap Great first half! Can't wait to read the rest!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
There was no way she could get Clark to go undercover for her story. Anyway, no matter how much the man loved kids, the holidays, or the man in the red suit, Clark would never be hired as one of Santa’s elves at Cost Mart. He was too tall, too brawny, too… Oh, God! She was picturing him in that elf uniform and the man even made that look good. Like he was built for uniforms or spandex tights or something. She swallowed.
Oh Lois... :rolleyes: You have it badder than you think.

“Sorry, big guy. But I can’t picture you in this outfit,” Jimmy admitted.

“I can,” Lois murmured under her breath to herself. She glanced again at Clark and noticed he was staring at her with his mouth agape. He hadn’t heard her, had he? No. Impossible.
Hints of Superman that are never picked up on. Love it!

“No, Clark. I’m investigating Cost Mart and the man pretending to be Santa. I want to make sure he’s not some crazy, diseased lunatic,” she replied.

“Lois, crazy and lunatic mean the same thing,” he corrected her.
Loved this reference to the Reeve Superman!

“I never said that!” Clark pointed out. Then he smiled. “Although, I’ve heard I do look good in green.”

Lois flushed. Had he heard her? “I have no idea what you’re talking about,” she said and quickly changed the subject. “So, what are your holiday plans?” Oh, geez. Why had she asked that?
*dryly* Oh no, it's just that lip-reading skill of his that he tends to practice on you when you're not paying any attention.

Lovely first part! On to the second!

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hilarious!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooh, what a great Christmas treat!

And toys. Lots and lots of toys.
Hmm… They don’t have toys in Smallville?

“Holiday shopping. Same as you.”

Clark made the obvious crane of his neck to her almost empty cart. There were two pairs of gloves, a scarf, and checkered suspenders.

“Okay,” Lois amended. “Not the same as you, Jolly St. Clark.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you all for the wonderful comments! I'm a sucker for holiday themed stories. You're all lucky I was too busy to do Thanksgiving... but then again for all of you who read Missing Lois... laugh

Laura: Thank you.

Deadly Chakram: Thank you for the clap comments.

I'm guessing charity work. Or a Peter-Pan syndrome.
Possbily. wink

The nerve of some people, trying to be helpful and all.
If I remember correctly, Lois doesn't like to be helped.

<imagines Clark coming back to his cart after other shoppers have picked it clean>
laugh

"Krypton, actually. We don't celebrate Christmas there, per se, but the Winter Solstice requires us to duel half naked in the streets."
It's an ice planet so it's like everyday is a holiday! (actually, I don't think L&C's Krypton was an ice-planet)

Getting Clark volunteered as Santa and her as the Mrs...or a scantily clad elf? Clark would love that!
DC, not in front of the children!

I would have paid good money to see the Justin Whalen version of Jimmy dressed like this in an episode...
Hate to ruin it for you but as it was S1, I was picturing Michael Landes. (See, CK, I could be just like Robin!)

Christina: Thanks for your comments.

Oh Lois... You have it badder than you think.
Yep, she's traveling down that river in Egypt again.

Loved this reference to the Reeve Superman!
blush Oh, dear. Completely unintentional. But, hey, it works! laugh

IolantheAlias: Thank you. notworthy

Michael: Less calories than candy canes. laugh

Hmm… They don’t have toys in Smallville?
City cousel opposed that new CostMart that wanted to move in on the edge of town.

/imagines the Perry White museum in 2093: And these checkered suspenders were given to Chief White by Lois Lane for his birthday 1993. See how the coloring differs from the checkered suspenders he received Christmas 1993 from Lois Lane. On the other hand, this famous set of checkered Suspenders was a gift for his birthday 1994, by Lois Lane herself. They’re also called the Tempus Suspenders…
Clarkie Bear! You caught my reference to Tempus Fugitive! laugh

Maybe if she stopped using the Facebook relationship feature…
I hear it's hard to change your status if you're not in IT. Actually, even if you are in IT, maybe it was born before 1985?

She does have a point there…
She's not dumb, just tactless.

And Lois really is in need of some pheromones and a big bed she can share.
See, it was so three little words that pushed her over the edge for PML.

Although, it’s not because of the a little overripe pork and beef from last year that they’re selling as canned turkey. And if Cost Mart knows who she is, why didn’t Lex Luthor? OTOH, Intergang survived long after Lex Luthor took a swan dive, so they seem to be far better suited for the battle of survival.
Who said that Lex Luthor didn't know who she was? He was the king of subtlity and always steered her away from the truth. He was being a media megastar for 1993.

Hey, she *could* have said ‘yes’!
It was both ridiculous and rhetorical because they both knew the answer was obvious YES!

He’s still making ice sculptures in the Arctic using only his fists and sound waves?
Possbily. cool

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Less calories than candy canes.
hyper I'm not likely to forget ever since I based a joke in a story on the fact that Lois got Perry a checkered *tie* for his birthday in TF. blush

I hear it's hard to change your status if you're not in IT. Actually, even if you are in IT, maybe it was born before 1985?
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You mean, he orchestrated his sudden fascination with her in the Pilot? Huh. I really always figured he didn't care before he met her.
Oh, THAT's what you meant. wallbash I thought you meant he had never HEARD of Lois Lane before. But once he put the name and face together...

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Uuuu actually... I figure, unless she's given him a reason to notice her by messing with his plans instead of just being a general nuisance to public servants, he wouldn't. He might notice her byline while reading the paper. But that's it. And the Pilot was the first time she actually scored close enough to home that he noticed. Well, first he noticed her, then she scored. Otherwise, it would be a really big coincidence smile But that's just me.

Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard