Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Well, folks, that’s it, that’s all. Hope you enjoyed the ride. And I hope that things all make sense now.

I'd like to take this time to give you my credits:

I would like to thank Gerry Anklewicz, Carol Malo and Sue S for Beta reading this story, helping with plot development, characterization, grammar, storytelling, plot holes and basically everything that makes for a good story. Without them, this story wouldn’t have come together the way it did.

Also, my thanks goes out to Nan Smith for her assistance with some of the medical information in this story. Any mistakes to the medical information, however, are my mistakes alone since there were things I didn’t consult her on and information she couldn’t completely confirm. However, she did assure me that my science was at least as good as some of the science on the show itself. laugh

Since I never read stories in parts, my initial instinct is always to skip posting here all together and just send my stories to the archives. But once again, I’m glad I did post here since you guys gave me some great suggestions along the way.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Kerth
Kerth
hyper So happy!
“I got a call from someone named Charles Carmichael in Los Angeles. He offered me what sounds like an investigator’s job with a company called Carmichael Industries. He said that his entire company is made up of... well, wacky misfits, so I should fit right in. From the job description, it sounds like exciting work. Besides, after everything that’s happened, I think a change of scenery will do me good.”
/spits water all over keyboard/ WHAT?! dance Good- so Shadow gets a happy ending too.
Her father had been unable to attend, so Perry would be walking her down the aisle.
I love that Perry walks her down the aisle. I think that's so fitting of their relationship (especially where her father is so distant).
The door opened and his heart leapt into his throat when the most beautiful creature he’d ever seen stepped through. He met her eyes and saw her face transform - from expectation, to shock, to realization and then to total joy.

“You can see,” he heard her whisper.
Unexpected. And so sweet! Great ending.

Again, I repeat: perfect. Loved it!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
thumbsup

“That she gave me Grandma’s engagement ring,” Clark said, silencing her completely. He let out a breath. “Not exactly how I planned to tell you that.”

“Your Grandma’s engagement ring?” she asked in a small voice.

Clark nodded. “It’s sort of a family heirloom. Anyway, Mom brought it with her from Kansas because... Well, she thought I might want it.”
Awww. So, what ring had he proposed with before (in Paris)? Or did he just pop the question without a ring? Yeah, I could see Clark doing that. Going forward without thinking things through.

“Lois, with everything that happened this past week, I realized something. That we make a great team. Together... we’re stronger than either of us is alone. I’ve always known that, really. But this week really drove the point home. I tried to push you away. But you were right. We belong together and as long as we face whatever comes in the future together, we’ll get through it.” He took a deep breath.
“Lois, none of us know how much time we have. But there is one thing I know without a shadow of a doubt...” He opened the box. “...whatever comes, whatever time we have left, I want to spend it with you. I love you, Lois Lane. Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?
Wow, nice. I want a do-over and have my husband propose like that, without the whole getting shot thing. Would it be too much to supply these words? Yeah, probably. Especially since my name isn't Lois.

“I’d always been a little anxious about someone with superpowers flying around Metropolis, and Bill knew that, but it wasn’t until I started taking those pills and Bill started really playing up the fact that Superman was a vigilante that I became... well, hostile, I guess, towards him. Knowing what I know now, I suspect he wanted someone in law enforcement who was a potential ally against Superman.”
Always? Was there another flying superpowered vigilante in Metropolis that could have given Superman a bad rap? Or Superman himself made her nervous when he came on the scene?

“So what’s next for you two? I think I heard something about you getting married?”

“Yeah,” Lois said, glancing over at Clark. “Today in fact.”

“What?”
Yep, I'm with Mayson on that one. You postponed your wedding to help her? Wow! You've really taught Lois the power of forgiveness.

“I went down to the Metropolis Center for the Blind yesterday. Lois, even if I get my eyesight back, we’re going to be able to keep Shadow.”
hyper I'm with Lois on this! I completely forgot that this was the end and he needed to see again at the end!

Lois’ eyes never left his as she walked down the aisle, missing the woman Henderson had brought as his date, missing the bow tie Shadow was wearing, missing the teary smile on the face of his mother, missing everything but him.
And with that she saw everything she needed to see. Awwww.

wave

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
love :-)

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And now for the grand finale!

You needed more exposure if they were going to keep you blind because UV light damages the cornea and the surface of the cornea usually regenerates itself every twenty-four to forty-eight hours - unless there are complications.”
Complications, huh? Is that what we call Clark trying to help, now?

Most people would know that it was the wrong thing to do because of the pain it would have caused. But you don’t have that advantage because...” Her voice dropped to a whisper. “...you don’t feel pain.”
Same thing with Lois. Regular guys feel the knee to the … really sensitive body part when they really tick off their girlfriend by breaking up with her. Clark on the other hand, just thinks Lois is coming on to him.

“Actually, it’s not exactly that easy. It would have been if we had figured this out when it first happened. But you’ve done a lot of damage since then. And the retina doesn’t regenerate the way the cornea does.”
So, he stays blind?

She gave him a swat in response.
Hey, it’s a reasonable worry! Clark might tell it in such a way that Mayson’s a saint and Lois the evil other woman who first stole Mayson’s boyfriend with her wicked sexual ways and then tried to ruin Mayson’s career, too.

“You? An invalid? Not likely,” Henderson snorted. “Besides, I don’t really care how you’re doing.” He shrugged his shoulders dismissively.
clap

“Someone sent you flowers and said they were from me? When I find out who is trying to make me look human, he’s going to pay.”
*G*

“The D.A.’s office is currently drawing up attempted murder charges against Mayson Drake so I need...”

“No.”
Now look at that!

he hadn’t said anything about Mayson possibly killing Clark.
clap

“Clemmons is a jerk. Tell him if he does this, I intend to offer myself as a witness for the defense.”
:p Wouldn’t it be even more fun to have her a witness for the prosecution and flip on the stand?

“Yeah, well... I just sort of reacted when I saw the gun.
She really needs to get that reflex fixed. Also, can you imagine if Clark got shot dead *again* after he was resurrected during TOGOM?

Martha bit her lower lip for a moment before speaking. “Okay, look. I’m messing this up big time. Please... Can you just forget I said anything?”
Sounds like a ring is in the air.

Martha looked so uncomfortable that Lois couldn’t make herself go in for the kill. Or maybe it was the morphine.
*G*

Lois, if you’re right and I get my eyesight back, we’ll have to give Shadow back.”
clap

“And I guess it can’t hurt that you’re drugged up on morphine,” he added, smiling nervously.
clap

“Yes,” she whispered.
Awwwwwwww

“When I heard the charge, I couldn’t plead guilty fast enough - before the D.A. changed his mind.
clap

“So I ruined your wedding?”
clap

He gave a small nod.
clap

“So... you ready to do this? Ready to walk into the future with me?” he asked.

“All my life,” she responded.

The End
Adorable!

Wonderful story, ML! Thanks for taking the time to share. notworthy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Yay! Perfect way to end a perfect episode in a perfect series... Did I mention how much I loved this series? It was perfect.
Glad you enjoyed it, Mouserocks.

/spits water all over keyboard/ WHAT?! You're sending *Mayson* to go cause havoc with Bartowski and Co. ? Great, she's off to ruin another fandom and destroy my second favorite tv couple only after Lois and Clark... just kidding. That's actually an interesting solution- after all, they've had so many Superman-related actors on the show, what's one more to boot?
I wondered if anyone would pick up on the reference. When I was trying to decide where to send Mayson, I went through a lot of possibilities. I thought of Wayne Industries, but thought that might have been done before. So then I tried to find a popular show that the actress had been on since Lois and Clark, but couldn't find one that I liked. But then I remembered reading somewhere, probably here on the boards, that a lot of L and C actors had ended up on Chuck. So I decided... Hey, what's one more?

Besides, I liked the idea of sending her to the other side of the country. Oh, and the actress who played Mayson... One of her sons is named Chuck so I thought that was perfect. laugh

I love that Perry walks her down the aisle. I think that's so fitting of their relationship (especially where her father is so distant).
Usually, I have her father walk her down the aisle. But for some reason, Perry seemed more appropriate this time, I think because in this story, he really did seem like family.

Great story! You've kept me captivated and on the edge of my seat from A-Z.
Thanks, Virginia. Glad you enjoyed it.

Awww. So, what ring had he proposed with before (in Paris)? Or did he just pop the question without a ring? Yeah, I could see Clark doing that. Going forward without thinking things through.
He didn't have a ring either of the last two times. Given the number of proposals I have in this story, I wanted this final one to be something special. Hense, the ring.

love :-)
Thanks, Sarahg.

:Lois, it’s too dangerous for you to be near me. If something like this happened again and you got hurt—even more than this time—because of me, I couldn’t live with myself. So, I think it’s best if I moved out and stuff…”
Maybe Clark has actually learned a thing or two during the course of this story. laugh

So, how many steps is a Charlie’s Angel away from being a vigilante?
I think you're thinking of Charlie Townsend of Townsend Agency. The reference is to Carmichael Industries. Different show. Although sending her to Townsend Agency would have worked too. laugh

Wonderful story, ML! Thanks for taking the time to share.
Thanks, Michael.

Anyway, glad you guys enjoyed the story. Now off to locate my Shadow since she didn't come when I called her a few minutes ago. I'm going to try starting my car - she loves to go for car rides. laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
A wonderfully WAFFy, fantastic finale.

I liked how, after an entire story with Clark being blind, the story ends with Lois (temporarily) blinded (with tears of joy). A nice little bit of symmetry there.

Mayson gave Clark a kiss on his fury cheek.
His cheek was angry? ;-) Seriously, though, you probably want to add another 'r' to the word.

Lois said, “What the hell.” She stepped forward and gave Mayson a hug.
Perfect. That sounds so Lois.

“I felt ethically bound to do so,” Clark said, sounding a little too innocent.
goofy clap

At his side were his two best men. Jimmy and Shadow.
lol Best man and best dog?

and
He had wanted his first image, assuming his sight had returned, to be of Lois walking down the aisle.
Nicely done.

Joy,
Lynn

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
It seems almost pointless to tell ML that has written another exceptional story since that's all she seems to be able to do.

Still, in all fairness, the gentle writers like to hear that their efforts were appreciated.

Very much appreciated.

Tank (who hopes that ML will realize how much fun it is to not wait for the archives to post her stories so we can all get a look at them quicker)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awesome job ML! This story turned out better then I thought possible. I can't wait to read your next masterpiece! Brava!laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Mayson heading to the BuyMore? What next? Is Fulcrum coming to Metropolis now that Lex and Intergang are out of the way?

Honestly, it is good to know Mayson won't be going to jail for this, only disbarred and rightfully so, after all Church, Sr. did not tell her to shot Clark.

All that aside, Mayson's only crime is that she fell in love with Clark... but hates Superman. As an opponent she was no more a match for Lois than Cat Grant. But in this particular instance, I'm on her side! smile1

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
A wonderfully WAFFy, fantastic finale.
Thanks, Lynn.

His cheek was angry? ;-)
Oops. Or... Hey, maybe his cheek was angry. The rest of him had forgiven Mayson, but his cheek remained angry. After all, how many times did he turn the other cheek in this story? If I were his cheek, I'd be angry too. laugh

Best man and best dog?
What is a wedding without a best dog? laugh

It seems almost pointless to tell ML that has written another exceptional story since that's all she seems to be able to do.
Not true, but it's nice of you to say, Tank.

This story turned out better then I thought possible.
Thanks, Laurach.

Honestly, it is good to know Mayson won't be going to jail for this, only disbarred...
Glad you liked my solution.

Seriously, this was an excellent read.
I'm pleased you enjoyed it, Morgana.

ML wave

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What a SUPER story. I have enjoyed it and now have another favorite character, Shadow.

I love that Lois was the one who cured his blindness. It never made any sense to me that she was given all this knowledge and it did her no good. It helped in this story. And I love that the pair of them came to Mayson's defense. Goodness is catching, evidently.

Pat

Top Banana
Top Banana
LOVED this story!! Somehow you can turn all the evilness into a WAFFY happy ending.

And Charles Carmichael?? rotflol Hmmm, Mayson and Casey could make a cute couple. Mayson likes guns, right? Ha!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I know I haven't left feedback like I should, but I have been reading this story faithfully and loving it! Love how you brought everything together. The science was quite believable to me. And I do agree with Tank.... Everything that I've read of yours has been fantastic! clap

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
What a SUPER story.
I thank you...

...and now have another favorite character, Shadow.
...and Shadow thanks you, Pat. laugh

Hmmm, Mayson and Casey could make a cute couple. Mayson likes guns, right? Ha!
Yeah, Mayson does strike me as the type who likes guns so maybe that's a possibility, Stephnachia. laugh

...I have been reading this story faithfully and loving it!
Well, that's the important thing, lcfan. Glad you enjoyed it.

ML wave

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
A wonderful ending to a great story. I really enjoyed it all very much. I am also glad you posted in parts so we could see it sooner. Thanks for a great ride.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Finally got the chance to catch up on the remaining chapters - and sorry I haven't been faithfully commenting frown

I did love this story though from start to finish and how you wrapped everything up, including the Nirvana drug and Mayson and the wedding and Clark (finally) regaining his sight!

Cannot wait to see what you come up with next hyper

Columnist
Columnist
That was absolutely fantastic! I just read this over the past two days. Great job. I loved how they kept going back and forth about getting married. Hilarious!

.talk nerdy to me.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard