Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
And so it continues...

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So much for things looking up. You're really torturing poor L&C. First they break in to plant bugs, now what?

“Good. If he gives you any grief, tell him I’ll tan his hide.”
Ah, good ol' Martha. I don't know if I like J&M leaving Smallville especially with Nunk and Lamont stranded at the gas station. If the people of Smallville want the Tabloid press to leave, why slash their tires? huh Let's hope they don't break into the Kent house while they're away.

I don't know about J&M coming to Metropolis. It will just put their faces in front of the press as the parents of Superman, especially if they are staying at L&C's apartment. Of course, it will seem less sin-like with his folks there... of course, they could just saying something worse...

“No,” she said. “We’re in this together. In fact, it’s more your story than it is mine. We try. Until it becomes painfully obvious that we can’t be seen together, we keep trying.”
I'm glad they didn't split up. They work better together.

“No, her boss. District Attorney Clemmons himself. Although Mayson is involved. She was the one who first discovered this plot. Someone she was questioning in preparation for a trial she was conducting let it slip. She thinks that was the reason someone tried to kill her - to keep her from spilling what she found out.”
Clemmons? Clemmons? Why does that name sound familiar? Isn't that the guy who helped frame Lois for murder in S4? I don't like that guy. He's dirty.

Nunk crossed the street, even as he pulled his bank card out of his wallet. He went to put the card in the cash machine when suddenly he swore.

He didn’t know why he was even surprised to find that the sign on the machine said, ‘Out Of Order.’
A) teaches him to get a bigger cash expense fund upfront when stalking Superman's family; and B) That sign may be lying. You're making me feel bad for Nunk and Lamont. That isn't the point, is it?

Nunk and Lamont looked down at their meager purchases when they exited the gas station. Two sandwiches, a bag of chips and twenty-seven cents were all they had. Still, it was early enough that they should be able to take a trip to Kinsley before dark. Then they could put into motion their plan to sneak onto the Kent property tonight. Surely somewhere on that property was the evidence they needed to give the world the definitive proof that Clark Kent was Superman. And if not... well they could always create something that they could sell to the world as definitive proof.
Okay. Sympathy is gone! Can they be tarred and feathered next? mecry Maybe Perry's right and they need a weekend off somewhere alone. A deserted isle or something. Just to recoup. Of course, that's what Intergang wants too. Sigh.

I'm seeing no good news here. But at least, no new headlines. Can it get any wo... never mind. I don't even want to finish that question and tempt the Fates.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Well done parts.

Framework4
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nice. The Press certainly are making Lois and Clark stretch their abilities to the limit, aren't they? Maybe it'll be a good thing that Jonathan and Martha are coming to Metropolis, since they'll be able to teach Lois and Clark how to deal with nosy reporters. laugh

The broken glass is ominous. I suppose it could turn out innocuous, like Jonathan broke in after they arrived, but my guess is that Shadow smells something in the bedroom. A McCarthy bomb, maybe?

B

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Another good part.

I think someone in Smallville has crossed the line. By slashing the tires, they have gone from being passive-aggressively inhospitable to engaging in illegal activities. Not to mention that if their goal is to get the "reporters" (I use the term loosely) to leave, slashing their tires is counterproductive. Ditto, for that matter, refusing to fill their gas tanks. All the same, I must admit that it is amusing to see Nunk get his comeuppance. I am a bit nervous about what evidence he might find/fabricate on the farm, though.

Did the person who broke in find the hidden S-suits? shock

I don't suppose it's midnight yet?

Joy,
Lynn

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I agree with you Lynn, slashing their tires is a bit too much and how can the nosy "reporters" leave if their car is out of gas. smile

I am a bit nervous about what evidence he might find/fabricate on the farm, though.
The globe would be my guess?!?

Did the person who broke in find the hidden S-suits?
Oh boy, I didn't think of that ... hope not ... eek

Kathryn
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Oh, god, Martha. I didn’t even think of that. In a place like Smallville... You must be so embarrassed. I’m so sorry about all of this. I really didn’t think when I got involved with your son that...”
/imagines Martha and her friends discussing the publication in detail, her friends congratulating her on her son finding a woman of such proven prowess/

“Uhh... well, you know... Good moments. Bad moments.”

“Well, I hope that son of mine is taking good care of you.”

Lois smiled. “He is. He got me roses.”

“Good. If he gives you any grief, tell him I’ll tan his hide.”
hyper

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
Oh boy! Why do i get the feeling that they wont stop until they see the color of clarks blood?? Which actually wont happen... Unless someone takes things to the next level... In which case they will see his blood, but it wont do any good disproving CK=S. smile1

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Can it get any wo... never mind. I don't even want to finish that question and tempt the Fates.
laugh

I think someone in Smallville has crossed the line. By slashing the tires, they have gone from being passive-aggressively inhospitable to engaging in illegal activities. Not to mention that if their goal is to get the "reporters" (I use the term loosely) to leave, slashing their tires is counterproductive.
I agree with you Lynn, slashing their tires is a bit too much and how can the nosy "reporters" leave if their car is out of gas.
Oh, ye of little faith. laugh

"Hello, Officer? I see a brunette woman B&Eing CostMart."
wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I can hardly wait for the next part!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Reading this it makes me realize it's a good thing that I don't have super powers. There are a bunch of reporters who wouldn't make it to morning with their cars, homes and places of work intact. But I've never made it a secret that Clark is a much better person than I am.

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard