Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Boy, there’ve been three proposals now and still no engagement! What do I have to do to get these kids to agree to tie the knot?

Oh, and I thought you might want to see this:

[Linked Image]

I don’t dare open it up, though. Otherwise, we’re definitely in nfic territory. wink

I really struggled to find a picture of Claude. I’m sort of worried that the picture I finally chose might be of a guy too young to be Claude since I see him as someone in his mid-30s. What do you guys think? I’m so bad at judging age.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Top Banana
Top Banana
He's too good looking. peep

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah, he works as a Claude for me. Although, I've always pictures Claude as blond. But that's just me.

That Randy Goode is no good! razz How dare he tell Superman who he can and cannot date? Love? Live with? Ha! Like his life is any more clean!

Oh, dear, Clark took out the trash. Hopefully, it isn't that time of the month and it will be in the tabloids tomorrow that Superman is sterile! (Can so picture that happening in tomorrow's edition of National Inquistor, Daily Whisper, Daily Inquistor, The Whispering Inquistor What in the world is the name of that rag?!)

Speaking of rag-writing reporters (and I'm using the term loosely), what's up with Nunk and Lemont in Smallville? Are they going to give up? Or is all this Smallville solidarity going to make them try harder? Why do I think they're going to bump into Lana Lang soon? <<shudder, if she's anything like alt-Lana>>

Hmmm. Toby Raynes refused to write about Claude's Love Fortress tell-all. May Toby have first hand exposure to Claude-ster's evil ways? Hhhmmmm. Curious! Could he be switching sides to the pro-CK side?

Yea, Perry! thumbsup

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
First, a terrific part. I loved how all of Smallville just "happened" to be shut down. Why does the phrase "circling the wagons" come to mind? wink Small town folk do take care of their own. I wonder what their opinion is on whether CK is S? (I know that the answer, frankly, isn't very important to them. Clark is Clark, whether or not he dons tights.)

Your picture of Claude doesn't work for me: He looks too slimy. (Yes, he *is* slimy, but part of his sliminess is that he, like Lex, appears charming to one not in the know.) But as to the rest of the front page, especially the image of Lois...Let's just say I don't blame her for hitting the roof. I feel like I need a cleansing shower after just looking at it. (In other words... Well done!)

The pen in his hand, he blindly scratched a brief message and pushed it across the table in her direction.
Ummm... Hasn't Clark been doing *everything* in this trilogy blindly? This feels rather like a Tom Swifty to me.

Looking forward to the next part.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Finally Clark is growing up and acting as a mature man. Bravo! clap Glad that he followed Perry's advice. If they want to survive this storm they have to be together because they're stronger this way. love

He looks too slimy. (Yes, he *is* slimy, but part of his sliminess is that he, like Lex, appears charming to one not in the know.)
I agree with Lynn. And I imagine Claude like this:

[Linked Image]

Or this...

[Linked Image]

But Claude is not important. Claude is past. Clark is the future (of course, if they are able to save Clark's secret). grovel

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good job!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Great part. Love the magazine cover. Always looking forward to more.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Andreia's second picture is very close to my idea of what Claude would look like.

BTW, Is Arigato's first name "Dom" (as it was in part 6 and the top of part 7) or "Don" (as it appears in the middle of part 7)? The former would keep the pun better, but the latter is a more common name , at least in my neck of the woods.

Joy,
Lynn

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Glad you're still enjoying the story.

BTW, Is Arigato's first name "Dom" (as it was in part 6 and the top of part 7) or "Don" (as it appears in the middle of part 7)? The former would keep the pun better, but the latter is a more common name , at least in my neck of the woods.
The name should have been Dom. But I only used that name because someone in the fanfic related thread had found that as the name of a Star Reporter in the commics. But I've changed the name now to something completely different because I think it's a little distracting to the story. Don't worry, though, because he doesn't show up in the story again. I just wanted a different reporter other than Toby because I thought that story was too scumy for her to write.

Anyway, thanks for the comments. Next part should be up at midnight EST.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Merriwether
Merriwether
I think the photo you chose of Claude is fine as far as the age goes, but UW's photos do a good job of capturing how I've personally always pictured him. I think it's the longer, 'sex symbol' like hair. The photo on the magazine is a bit too close to Clark's shorter dark hair, IMO. But certainly there is no right or wrong in casting a character we've never seen. smile

Anyone else think that L&C need to head back to Smallville for awhile? They'd have a lot more peace and quiet than they do in Metropolis. Those Smallville folks are doing a fabulous job of keeping out the riff-raff!

Loved the convo with Bill and how he was able to convey his coded message to Clark so well. Smart men, both of them.

The only quibble I have with this chapter is that Clark *again* said he felt he should distance himself from Lois. I totally get why you had Lois express those same doubts -- it's a nice way to parallel his earlier lunkheadedness, and gives them each the opportunity to see things from the other's perspective -- but Clark saying it *again* just annoyed me. I could see him perhaps confessing his worries to Perry, in a "I know it's wrong, but I can't help but feel guilty, like if she weren't with me, none of this would have happened" and then Perry can reassure him and point out that Lois needs him more than ever, etc. But for him to actually go all the way back to his earlier plan to distance himself seems to negate all the progress they made after their big fight. And I find that very frustrating -- not in a "Aww, poor adorable lunkheaded Clark" kind of way, but "Argh, how unattractive that makes him look!"

Kathy

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I'll think about that, Kathy. What I really wanted was for Clark to get a fresh perspective on the topic, but I might be able to do that differently.

Anyway, next part is ready to go and will be up shortly.

ML wave

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for the visual!

After many evil men have failed in their efforts, is the former paramour of Lex Luthor
Uuuumm... she never actually had "sexual relations" with that man. He always used a Cuban cigar.

In Greek mythology, Pandora, the first woman to be created, was also the one to let all the evils into the world.
Isn't that article a tad misogynistic? And given that these dirt rags are likely mostly bought not by middle-aged men, wouldn't that anger the core readership? Unless, they can stand up on their high horse, and point to *those* women who give the entire gender a bad name.

Would Anakin Skywalker have turned to the dark side if he hadn’t become obsessed with Queen Padme Amidala?
Umm... That was 10 years after that article came out blush On an unrelated subject: How about the long list of double-crossing strumpets who first shagged the Big Bad only to then spread their thighs for James Bond and help him in killing previously mentioned Big Bad. It's only with Paris Carver, that the Big Bad got rid of his strumpet before she could more than sleep with James Bond (okay, still out of the time frame, but couldn't pass up on the reference wink )

And so now Superman finds himself on the brink, about to have his moral authority ripped away by a fallen woman - for what type of example can Superman be to little children when he’s openly living in sin with a woman of questionable moral character, no matter how good she may be in bed?
You haven't tried her then? Otherwise, you wouldn't ask?

So, thanks for that hilarious editorial. goofy

“But your sign says you’re open,” Nunk objected.

The man shrugged. “Freezer just shut down. No idea when we’ll be able to open again.”
Now look at that!

And he would want children. Was it fair to marry him when she really wasn’t sure how she felt about the subject? Still...
Isn't that the second time her thoughts drifted in that direction in this story?

“I know why you called,” Henderson interrupted. “And like I said yesterday... no comment.”
/raises eyebrow/

Lois looked down at the chicken scratch in front of her. Messy, but still legible. ‘Someone else is there.’
Ahhhh!

“Always the reporter, huh, Kent? No. In fact, I’m planning to take the afternoon off. So unless you plan on running a story about what police officers do in their spare time...” His voice trailed off.
Oooooooh!

“No. Probably will just go down and walk around Centennial Park. Think I heard something about some musical group performing near the fountain at two this afternoon. Might take it in.”
clap

“Actually, I wanted to talk to you.”
Oh boy!

/waves/ Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Smallville defending their own! Love everyone's determination to protect the Kent's and their son. Leo Nunk and Lamont will never want to go anywhere outside of New Troy again.

Uh, I have to disagree with the Claude photos. Lois described him in the pilot as older and more experienced. Although these guys are yummy on all levels, they are not nearly slimy enough or old enough to be the man (or creep) in question.

Love the way you are bring Mindy, the future Mrs. Church into the picture.

All in all this is a very enjoyable read. smile1

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Morgana mentioned:
Lois described him in the pilot as older and more experienced.
Yeah, but remember that Lois was 21 at the time. "Older and more experienced" very easily could have meant 30. To Jimmy, or a new DP intern, Lois and Clark, in their mid-to-late-20's, are the "older and more experienced" stars at the paper. Would a fresh-out-of-college Lois let herself get seduced by a 40+ year old Lothario? I would think the warning bells would be ringing too loudly for to happen, even for a girl with Daddy issues. (Plus I think Perry would have put a stop to something like that before it even started.)

Kathy

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard