Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I think somewhere... a movie maybe... or perhaps a television show, I heard someone say something like if you’re ready to sleep with a man, you’re ready to marry him. I tried googling it, but got nothing. And I’m not even sure if I have the quote right. Or if it really was a line in a movie. Maybe I heard someone say it in real life. Or maybe I dreamed it. So if anyone recognizes it, please let me know where it came from. Or is it just something people used to say?

Oh, and I know I shouldn’t support these rags by purchasing them, but I just had to read this one for myself:

[Linked Image]

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Um... Okay... I don't think Clark's going to accept for some reason. Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's just that Lois wasn't ready to marry him -- what? -- 2 days earlier. Maybe because it would add fuel to the fire (if the tabloids know they can change his behavior by ragging on him... what's going to stop them from trying to change some other type of his behavior). My guess is that he won't say yes, because 'it's the right thing to do' and then Lois is going to take it personally. No? wink

smile1 He does have that thing where drugs really don't work on him. Darn! Probably best not to have him open to suggestion, though. But Lois might have fun seeing if the drug worked. "Here's an asprin, Clark." "These don't work on me, Lois." "Just try it, Clark." Five minutes later. "Hey, Clark, never break up with me again and stop being a lunkhead." "Whatever you say, honey."

On the flip side, if Lois takes Nirvana and they wait five minutes would she be open to the suggestion that she could access the Faraday information whenever she wanted? Hhhhmmmm. Interesting.

What Dr. Klein didn't mention would be HOW LONG the suggestion lasted. He mentioned that the power of suggestion would fade soon afterward, but if you suggested to Lois she no longer liked chocolate would it stick forever or would it last just as long as an asprin would?

Ooooh. On the flip, flipped side. What if they gave Nirvana to Mayson?! smile1

Okay. Now, I see why Nirvana is so dangerous. Fun but dangerous. evil out to play. Can't wait to hear Clark's answer.

PS: frown That Clark had to give up his Ata.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh! This is the best part so far! I love this cliffy, even though cliffies are generally thought to be evil things smile

“That’s assuming that the person giving the suggestion is as ethical as you, Dr. Klein,” Lois said. “Otherwise... you give someone a pill for a headache and then get them to do whatever you want.”

“Within reason,” Klein clarified. “Suggestion can only take a person so far. For example, we know from hypnosis that a person can’t be made to do something that is totally against their nature.”

“But they could be coerced into doing things they don’t want to do. Or even... wouldn’t normally do?”
I knew Mayson wasn't as evil as all that! Poor migraine-suffering woman. wink

She hesitated for a moment more, her heart going out to him. She loved him so much - and to see how everything that had happened today was tearing him up inside...

Suddenly coming to a decision, she stepped in front of him. Pushing Shadow gently to one side, she removed Clark hands from where they were holding his face and dropped to her knees in front of him, still holding his hands in her own. “Marry me, Clark,” she said. “We could go down to City Hall today and just get it done. There’s no waiting period or blood tests required in New Troy. This will all go away if we just get married.”
This. broke. my. heart. I actually started crying as I read this, and I don't cry easily when reading (makes it hard to continue reading, for one).

Clark, Clark. If you ever doubted that Lois loved you, the real you, for who you are and all the baggage that you come with -- this should put all the doubt to rest. Lois' offer is the most solid two-by-four she could have come up with.

I expect he will refuse, of course, because it wouldn't be the right thing to do now. But sloppy this is for Lois.

And one more for MLT sloppy

BTW, you might want to shave off another centimetre or so from the right-hand edge of the Dirt-Digger picture. You'll see why.

Jude smile

"Some prices are just too high, no matter how much you may want the prize. The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
--Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory", 1996
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice job on the Dirt Digger and on the story too. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks for the responses, everyone. Glad you enjoyed this part.

Oooooh! Ralph on Nirvana! "Hey, Ralph, you think women should be respected, don't you?"
Or... you do realize you should never reproduce, don't you? Or even better... you really need to quit your job and go live like a munk in some remote place where you will never have contact with another human being.

BTW, you might want to shave off another centimetre or so from the right-hand edge of the Dirt-Digger picture. You'll see why.
Good catch, Jude. I never noticed that - sort of defeats the purpose of the article, doesn't it. blush Is this one better? laugh :

[Linked Image]

Anyway, thanks for hanging in there with me on this story.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Jude wrote: I knew Mayson wasn't as evil as all that! Poor migraine-suffering woman.
I was right there with you... to the point of "Duh!", but then I remembered that Mayson didn't know CK=S when she initially went to DP and found out, threatening to expose his secret; therefore, how would she be open to suggestion about it from a dose of Nirvana. Also, how would she be open to suggestion about it unless she had TOLD someone else, which she had promised not to do. And she seems pretty good with follow-through on her promises.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I'm with everyone else. Clark will decline. Although the proposal should show Clark how much she loves him, she is proposing for the wrong reasons. There's no way that Clark could accept the proposal. In fact, if he is in Super-Lunkhead mode, he could misinterpret it as her being so upset about everything that is happening that she is feeling pressured into marrying him. And then, "for her own good," he might move out. I hope we don't see "soap opera Clark" in the next part, but I don't think such actions would be out of character for him.

Just an odd question: Is Shadow paper-trained or does he do his business outside? Because if the does have to go out, how are they handling his walks with all the paparazzi around?

I love the Dirt Digger cover. I'm ashamed to say that I hadn't even noticed the ring myself. I guess I was too focused on other parts of the image. blush

Is it midnight yet?

Joy,
Lynn

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Just an odd question: Is Shadow paper-trained or does he do his business outside? Because if the does have to go out, how are they handling his walks with all the paparazzi around?
Good question. Okay, I'll add a paragraph in the next part to deal with that question. laugh

ML wave

Merriwether
Merriwether
Another excellent chapter, even if my blood is boiling along with Clark's that the Dirt Digger violated them like that. grumble

Question -- isn't there any type of legal action L&C (or the police) can take against the Dirt Digger for publishing photographs that were obtained through the commission of a crime? Even if the tabloid claims they purchased the photographs from someone else and didn't break in themselves to plan the bugs, you'd think the police would be able to make their lives difficult for awhile by naming them as accessory to a crime, or receiving stolen goods, or having a judge find them in contempt of court for not naming their sources, or something along those lines. Hauling the publisher or editor in for questioning a few times about who might have planted the bugs might at least make them think twice before doing something like that again (especially if the DP gets the exclusive on the story. wink ). Or if the reporter is in jail, she can't be out there spying on L&C. Seems like the kind of favor Henderson might be happy to provide. evil

As for the Barry Dunning report ...

There are probably just as many people out there who disagree with him.”
I keep having to remind myself that this takes place 15 years ago, and the L&C universe is a lot more "innocent" than ours ... but I'd think there'd be more than "just as many people out there who disagree with him". I don't know the statistics of adults living together outside marriage, or having sex outside marriage in the mid-1990's, but I would bet Clark jumped into the majority when he made love with Lois. After all, just a year after this on the show, Lois was shocked that Clark was a virgin. Not that Barry Dunning would ever let something as simple as the facts get in the way of his story, but it might be more reassuring to Lois, if not Clark.

Needless to say, I'm well and truly sucked into this story! And I'm still really, really hoping that all the slimeballs in Metropolis get what's coming to them! wildguy

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“I’m Clark Kent,” Clark said at the same time that Lois said...

“He’s not Superman.”

“Oh. Oh... Uhh... I guess I just never heard any denial so I thought... But that was foolish of me."
Ah, Dr. Klein! You have focused on the nub of it. You're not foolish at all. Of course Clark wouldn't deny it. Superman doesn't lie.

“Today we’re asking ordinary people for their reactions to the revelations about Superman living with his super strumpet.”
/spits coffee across keyboard/

“Marry me, Clark,” she said. “We could go down to City Hall today and just get it done. There’s no waiting period or blood tests required in New Troy. This will all go away if we just get married.”
Actually, I see this as very in-character for Lois. There's a problem, she's leaping in to solve it. I would, however, like to see the two of them discuss this, and have Clark think about some of the things that the other posters have mentioned.

And by the way, what did Lois find on the tape from Bill Church's room?

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
As for the Barry Dunning report ...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are probably just as many people out there who disagree with him.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I keep having to remind myself that this takes place 15 years ago, and the L&C universe is a lot more "innocent" than ours ... but I'd think there'd be more than "just as many people out there who disagree with him".
Good point. I've changed it to 'more people out there who disagree with him' because I think you're probably right about that.

/spits coffee across keyboard/
Hope you got that keyboard dried off. laugh

Anyway, I'm currently preparing part 6 for posting, so it should be up by midnight.

ML wave

Kerth
Kerth
Hmm... if I know the characters well enough by now (which I should), Clark will be offended and overreact to Lois' proposal, and maybe storm out of the room? Maybe be even stupider and accidentally break his "no super stunts" rule and fly off the roof or speed down the stairs or something eek ? Because that would be bad... On the other hand, with a very slim chance- probably less than 1%- he could just be completely blinded by the fact that Lois wants to marry him... and superspeeds them off to get married. No, that's also bad... wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave

A source inside the Daily Planet has confirmed that Clark Kent, aka Superman, is living in sin with his reporting partner, Lois Lane.
Ooooooh! Sounds like Ralph.

Speculation about a sexual relationship between Kent and Lane has been frequent in media circles for over a year, but until it was revealed that Kent was Superman, no one took much official notice.
It's interesting that the Dirt Digger's the only publica- erm birdcage lining that is publishing this information. After all, it appears to be widespread knowledge where Clark's living right now.

However, there can be no denying that an illicit sexual relationship exists between them now since Superman has been residing with Lane in a conjugal relationship without the legitimacy of a marriage license since his return to Metropolis.
Yeah...? So...? Isn't that true for at least 40% of Metropolis's adult population. Another 50% are either underage, single, or divorced and now single. wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard