Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nan Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I guess, with ML's fabulous story on the boards, no one noticed my little contribution, so I'm going to swallow my pride and ask for comments. I need feedback to improve stories that I write and for motivation. Life is being a bear recently and a little prodding never hurts.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So what's happening at CostMart? Hhhmmm. Digging up their own parking lot? Killing off their employees and blaming it on vampires? Or is it someone else besides Intergang?

Why haven't L&C beaten MPD to the punch in interviewing the CostMart manager? Doesn't say much for MPD. Oh, because CostMart wasn't the employees 'real' boss, but doesn't the lag-time almost shout "undercover police". Not good MPD!

"Together," Clark specified quickly. "You won't come back here by yourself."

She cast him an exasperated glance. "Of course not. As long as you'll come with me."

"Oh, I will. Definitely."

She eyed him suspiciously. "Why aren't you arguing? You always argue."
I'm glad Clark agreed to go with her. Let's hope Superman isn't needed anywhere that night and Clark has to 'return a video' or something. THAT could be dangerous to Lois's health.

So, I'm wondering, did the homeless NASA guy wander by the CostMart at night, borrow a shopping cart, or something? I don't know why they are brushing him off as just a coincidence or an oddity. That's the great thing about the homeless, they can be anywhere (on the streets), witness anything, at any time of day or night. Unless this CostMart is far from that guy's usual hangouts.

I'm curious what they are doing in that hole. It's peeked Clark's interest, but he didn't say why. So, it's peeked mine as well.

One of Henderson's eyebrows slid up. "Now, why would you be interested in that?" he asked slowly.
I agree with Henderson. Why would Superman need to know? Is Clark using his Superman persona to get information for Clark? That would be bad, usually he goes the other way around. Does Henderson know that CK=S? In that case, I can see his hesitancy in answering. And if I were Henderson, I don't know if I would accept Superman's responce:
"I have my reasons," Clark said. "I need to know."
at face value. It doesn't sound like him. He's usually more forthcoming to the police. Why is he holding back from Henderson? Isn't it Batman who is the great detective and investigates? Not Superman? Clark, yes, but Superman? It seems a little out of character for him to do this, doesn't it? If I were Henderson, I'd be thinking "What's he up to?" Actually, I don't have to be Henderson, because I AM thinking that.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I guess, with ML's fabulous story on the boards, no one noticed my little contribution,
hyper

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Features Writer
Features Writer
thumbsup ok so reading here, I'm aggravated because I've run out of segments. But I've enjoyed what I read so I'll be eagerly looking for the next part.

Had a giggle at this one:

The customer service representative was a young woman, who smiled brightly at her. Her smile widened when she saw Clark, Lois noted, unreasonably irritated. "May I help you?"
I did a short stint at Sam's Club and had to stand as door greeter/ID checker when folks come in. It's mostly old ladies and moms with a dozen kids shopping but every now and then some tasty guy would come through the door. My opinion...the door greeter is the vampire...doh!!!

TEEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Nan Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I've had a little extra time in the last day or so, so I hope to post the next part by tomorrow.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Kerth
Kerth
Nan! I’m ages late with this. I can only plead the insanity of the holidays and an ongoing feud with my ISP. If anyone here is considering about using Clear, you should really send me an email first. Liars! Cheats! Swindlers! And that’s on their good day. I have other words to describe them, but those darn profanity filters would block my heartfelt assessment of their “service” policies. /end rant

The customer service representative was a young woman, who smiled brightly at her. Her smile widened when she saw Clark, Lois noted, unreasonably irritated.
Uh, yeah, Lois. I think a lot of us would be happy just to maintain that kind of low-key reaction to Clark showing up in front of us. smile Unfortunately, Lois is about to ruin that poor woman’s day. Even seeing Clark couldn’t make up for being brusquely informed that two of your co-workers have died. Have a little compassion, Lois!

If she was any judge, this guy didn't have a lot of respect for females.
Yeah, the slow once over is a screaming clue that he’s a misogynistic tool at best. I like to think that Clark’s insincere smile is in response to that toolish behavior. <g>

"I don't think I've rented as many videos in my life as the number you return," she said.
Heh. In a few more years, Netflix is start ruining that excuse for Clark. <g>

There is one small advantage to getting several parts at once. The wait is considerably shorter. <vbg> Off to part 4!

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard