Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
So... who do you think is right? Clark - in thinking the worst is over - or Lois - in thinking the worst is yet to come?

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Merriwether
Merriwether
Given that we're only at part 4, my money is on Lois. wink

Glad they finally made up. The problem with these two is they are two sides of the same coin; they both let their emotions run away with them and act out in response. Different reactions -- shutting down/moping vs anger/defiance -- but the outcome is the same. And they are never going to turn this into a forever relationship if they both can't grow up and learn to deal with things together. Which is another way of saying, good for them, for figuring that out and finally talking to each other instead of playing games. thumbsup

Clark is being smart to not use his powers, though I wish he had figured out a way to identify the people who had bugged the apartment. I wonder if the police could trace the bugs and nail them; let's hope so! Or maybe Clark will be able to recognize the woman's voice if he runs into her again (if it's another reporter, you'd think they'd cross paths eventually). Needless to say, there are a lot of people in this story who need to get what's coming to them!

Count me among the people who don't mind Dan, though. Like Mayson, he was frustrating because he was a relationship roadblock, but he was funny and good at his job. And all in all, a good person. Of course, that's how I also saw Mayson and we all know how that turned out in this universe wink but maybe Dan will end up being a good resource for L&C as this storyline plays out. smile

Kathy

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Um... Outside of their relationship? or Inside it?... I'm going to have to agree with Lois here, outside wise... Inside their relationship, all depends on Clark. I love the 2x4 reference! And, come on, Lois has to know what a rolling pin is. She's watched TV and movies! laugh wink

Thank you for the make-up. Very nice! smile1 My heart can stop racing now.

Come on, Clark, really? You were thinking this?
But the worst blow of all was that Lois was out on a date with Agent Casanova.

What was she doing going on a date with someone else, anyway? She was living with him for crying out loud! Surely she could have waited until his side of the bed was cold before going out with another man.

Okay, so maybe this was partially his fault. He might have sort of pushed her into it. Still, she hadn’t had to accept! She could have said no! But she hadn’t.
PARTIALLY? Partially? jawdrop Good thing Clark caught that when he did. And kissing Lois as a cover... didn't she suggest something, somewhere wink <<cough, crush>> to Clark about using kissing as a cover the next chance he got? Maybe he's got Faraday leaks too. When danger strikes, the adrenaline rushes, and he can push past his lunkheadedness... like, like... Nah, I won't go there.

No, the worst of the CK=S isn't over yet. You know that someone is going to do something stupid, like kidnap the Kents and tell Clark to kill Lois or something. :rolleyes: Or kill Mayson and CK and LL are going to get blamed.

Oh, Lois. Oh, Clark. How are you going to get out of this?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Haha- good joke. Except that Lois is always right. Clark should have learned this by now. If she says the worst is yet to come, then that means that the worst is yet to come. laugh

Glad they made up- and a HUGE sigh of relief over the Scardino situation. Best line:
“He’s being a lunkhead at the moment,” Lois said. “But... I love him, Dan. And being here with you... it’s not fair to any of us. And it just feels wrong. I can’t stay.”
wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Top Banana
Top Banana
/sighs in relief. Thanks for the small reprieve from all the angst. I'm feeling nice and WAFFY and ready for all the drama to come... cause we all know Lois is right... duh! laugh

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Top Banana
Top Banana
Also, how many episodes are there?

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Glad they are back together! I'm gonna have to take Lois' side on this one too. I'm thinking we have not seen the end of the digging and trouble following him being outed.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
The problem with these two is they are two sides of the same coin; they both let their emotions run away with them and act out in response. Different reactions -- shutting down/moping vs anger/defiance -- but the outcome is the same.
Interesting comment. I'd never actually put voice to the different ways they tend to respond to problems, but I'd have to agree with your summary.

Okay, I'll give you partially... 1/1000 her fault. 999/1000 Clark's fault.
I got a good chuckle out of that one. laugh

Also, how many episodes are there?
There are three episodes. As for how many parts there are in episode three... I don't know. I keep fiddling around with where to break parts and that tends to change the number of episodes.

Anyway, thanks for all the comments. Glad you're enjoying it.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by MLT:
So... who do you think is right? Clark - in thinking the worst is over - or Lois - in thinking the worst is yet to come?
Definitely Lois.

I'm glad that she sent Dan packing and that she and Clark have made amends. I always much prefer stories where the conflict is L&C against the world rather than Lois vs. Clark. (One of the things I loved about the first couple of parts of this trilogy was how you managed to have such interesting and lengthy stories with very little A plot and, after the initial part of the first story, with L&C being together and mutually supportive.)

“What the hell were you thinking, Clark?” Her voice as soft, but probing, and he could hear the hurt in her tone.

“Lois...”

“Has anyone ever told you you’re an idiot?”

“You. Regularly.”
The bluntspeak (to use a neo-Larryism) was lol and just what they needed to clear the air.

What were they hoping to capture - super sex?
Did they have a camera pointed at the ceiling?

It flashed through her mind that, just like they had found bugs in their apartment, she had planted a bug in Bill Church’s hospital room. Was that really so different?
I'm glad you had Lois think of this, since the thought had occurred to me, as well. But somehow, I suspect that even if the bugs had been omitted from the bedroom, she would have found some rationalization to avoid equating the two. I somehow can't see Lois being content to be the target of a bug, no matter how willing she is to do the bugging.

On to read the other part 4 comments, and then I get to enjoy part 5. smile

Joy,
Lynn

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Mouserocks wrote:
And I think "lunkhead" has become Clark's official new title. Forget "Superman".
How about combining the two epithets: Superlunk?

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thank you - thank you - for nipping the Lois/Dan scenario in the bud, right away! Whew!

Glad that Clark found the bugs. I wonder... during their romantic episode, did Lois ask him if he knew about the bugs before or after the kiss? Does it matter after the make-up sex?

I agree with Lois - the worst is still to come.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1

“What’s a rolling pin?”
clap

The aroma of something burning suddenly penetrated Clark’s tormented brain. The apartment! It was coming from the apartment!
Cooking attempt? Or is Lois trying to heat up his side of the bed?

Would she have really brought her ‘date’ back here for supper?
She's heating chocolate to be applied to her date?

Did she have no concern at all for his feelings?
Didn't he move out?

Feeling around, he discovered that there was still a small part of the key sticking out,
Ooooh, is he going to use his fingernails, like Henderson did in Supercop?

He’d have to tell Lois not to use the third lock down until he had a chance to get a replacement key made.
Hmm... now she's got the means to accidentally lock him out the next time he's a doofus!

“Is everything set up?”
Great. Spies. Erm... Paparazzi.

His hearing picked up a woman’s random question coming from one of the nearby apartments.
Samantha?

Just when he was about to give up and knock to get Lois to let him in,
That would have been kind of fitting, hmm?

“Bring your master with you or did he send you away, too? Other masters he wanted you to guide around for the evening.”
clap

. “Did you walk out on them, too, boy? Leave them sitting alone without even eating supper?”
clap Lois is *sooo* adorable!

“See if you can turn the volume up.” The random voice from a nearby apartment again penetrated Clark’s consciousness.
Oh, look at that! "Superfight - Did Superman already tire of the Ice Queen?"

“Has anyone ever told you you’re an idiot?”
Wow. That was blunt.

“You. Regularly.”
clap

“Is the tape recorder going? ‘Cause this is getting good,” said that annoying voice again.
Helloooo? Somebody home?

Clark suddenly understood the meaning of the voice.
Finally!

Shifting into gear, he grabbed Lois, his lips descending on hers in an effort to cut off whatever she’d been about to say.
Oh boy.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Focus in more on her hand.”
No suit...

Still panting, he breathed into her ear a single word. “Bugs.”
/imagines Lois to jump up and scream, trying to swat the cockroaches supposedly crawling over her shoulder/

“Cameras,” he whispered again.
Oh boy.

“Now that’s what I call a proper welcome home,” she said, finally drawing away from him.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard