Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Sorry about the longer post, but Virginia wanted the cliffy ending. wink

Anyway, what can I say? It hardly seemed fair to include Mayson in my story without giving Scardino a chance to make his move on Lois. wink

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Merriwether
Merriwether
OK, I'm still ticked at Lois -- anyone with a Faraday-enhanced brain as big as hers should be able to see through Clark in a heartbeat -- but this is the part of the show that always aggravated me. Clark's whole "oh, woe is me, I won't fight for her" routine was beyond annoying, though at least your set up for it makes a lot more sense than the show's did, given the way their relationship just blew up. But I'm definitely noticing a mish-mash of a whole bunch of S2 & S3 plots in this story so far. It's certainly interesting to see how you're playing with them, essentially compressing the timeline, and I'm curious to see how it's all going to play out. I was half-expecting, given how so many things have turned upside down, that Clark was going to become friendly with Dan while Lois found him annoying, but I guess I should have known there was no way Dan could see Lois without going ga-ga over her. Hmm, maybe they'll run into Veronica "Got any Mead?" at the cafe and really throw everything into a blender. goofy

But seriously, Lois better get a grip on herself and force the conversation with Clark, because it's not nearly as much fun when they are spending entire chapters apart. smile

Kathy

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I trust Lois not to cheat on Clark. And right now, she's ticked at Clark for not standing up and saying 'hey, that's my girlfriend you're hitting on.' I sure hope she sets the record straight with Scardino at dinner. Because no amount lunkheadedness on Clark's part or charm on Scardino's part should change how Lois really feels about Clark. And if it does, Kathy's right and neither of them were ready for a serious relationship. grumble

Also, Clark, if you feel like this:
What he wanted most was to grab her and Shadow and fly away to a corner of the world where no one had ever heard of Superman.
and this:
sudden desire to grab Scardino and strong-arm him out of the newsroom
Why do you say things like this?
“I meant what I said, Lois. I really do think we need to think seriously about whether or not I should move out - at least for the time being.”
and this:
“Why don’t you go, Lois?” Clark said...“Go. It sounds like fun.”
evil

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
But seriously, Lois better get a grip on herself and force the conversation with Clark, because it's not nearly as much fun when they are spending entire chapters apart.
There are times when I'm seriously tempted to spoil my own story. This is one. So let me just give you a graemlin which you can interpret any way you want: laugh

If Lois thinks Clark's wishy-washy now, wait til Intergang finds the red rocks. Of course, he hit the wall in Dr. Friskin's office while on red rocks, so Clark on red K near Dan probabaly not going to end well.
On this one, I will give you a spoiler... of a sort. I have a deal with Gerry (one of my beta readers). She felt I was relying on kryptonite too much in my stories. So after I wrote Nowhere To Run, we made a deal. No kryptonite in any of my new stories. laugh If I come across a situation that requires kryptonite, I have to find another way to deal with it.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark shouldn't have lost his sight. He should have lost his voice. razz

And afterwards I hope Lois can knock some sense in that invulnerable head of him. splat

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Top Banana
Top Banana
I didn't think you could be any more evil than your last post but than this just got even more evil . How can Clark think so clearly sometimes and then be such a friggin idiot other times. I just want to HURT him - please can you use just a little teensy weensy bit of Kryptonite on him? Just enough to make him vulnerable to my baseball bat? devil

I'm hoping Lois totally snubs Scardino. No matter how dumb Clark is, she can't cheat on him!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Oh, BTW, Mallory in the script. McCarthy on the show.
Thanks. I got the name from the script. So I went and dug out season two. Checking the subtitles for the show, it's actually spelled 'Macarthy.' So thanks for catching that.

Clark shouldn't have lost his sight. He should have lost his voice.
wave

Kerth
Kerth
Oh, boy. Ohboyohboyohboyohboy!

Evil. Evil, evil, evil.

First Mayson- whom I despise. And now- DAN. Who I equally despise, if not more so (although Mayson has been pretty evil this story, so I'd say my hatred for them is about equal).

CLARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! clap

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
razz and cause volatile stomach reactions on the side of the readers, but from an in-game perspective, she's probably still too hung up on Clark and since she's never been much of a casual sleeper... Aside from Claude. And Paul Bender. Her Irish ex-boyfriend. Lex never got nookie, though.

/waves/ Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Before you go...” Clark said before Jimmy could drive off. “...could you point me towards the steps to the police station?”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What about Ata?
Oops. I'll correct that. Thanks.

ML wave

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I just got this far in your stories. My apologies about being so remiss in leaving FDK. I'll try to be better with future parts. But I just started reading the trilogy after the first two parts were posted, and I was so enthralled I didn't want to break from the reading long enough to leave FDK. So, in essence, my lack of FDK was actually very positive FDK. (How is that for convoluted logic? goofy )

In any event, I have been thoroughly enjoying the stories, and I know that I'll find the one-post-a-day to be agonizingly slow. (Thank you, though, for not making it one post a week!)

BTW, "Alvin"? As in the musical chipmunk? Seems to me that David Seville might well see the similarity between the two.

I'm bleary-eyed from lack of sleep now, so I'll have two parts to look forward to tomorrow.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., I love the visual bonuses you have given us in some of the FDK threads. Shadow is adorable. Blind Clark is nearly as gorgeous as sighted Clark. And I am very impressed by your edition of the DP. I hope you have regained your energy post-flu.

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Glad you're enjoying it, Lynn. I think you were the one who suggested the idea that to cure Clark it's not as if you take a positive and negative number of the same value to equal zero when I asked a question about the episode The Eyes Have It on the boards about a year ago. So thanks.

Oh,and the next part will be up in the next couple of minutes.

ML wave

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by MLT:
I think you were the one who suggested the idea that to cure Clark it's not as if you take a positive and negative number of the same value to equal zero when I asked a question about the episode The Eyes Have It on the boards about a year ago. So thanks.
Really? Wow! I wish I had your ability to take one of my pet peeves about the show and turn it into such a phenomenal story. I am so impressed with what you've done with my complaint.

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard