Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
So, folks, that’s the end of the second episode. Hope you enjoyed it.

As for those of you waiting for Mayson to die... Hey, that’s not how Superman works!!! You should be ashamed of yourselves!! wink

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Merriwether
Merriwether
goofy )

I liked the tie-in to Lois's Faraday leaks, how she realized earlier in the story that they came out when she was emotional and now she's honed in on exactly why. Great idea to have her know the answer to their problem all along and just not be able to access it!

I also liked L&C's conversation about Perry knowing "unofficially". I agree with Clark that it will be easier to not slip up by keeping it unspoken between them. Nice. thumbsup

As for Mayson ... oh, Mayson, you are such a disappointment. I really believed she wasn't evil, but her willingness -- if not eagerness -- to reveal Clark's secret after all his successful rescue, let alone her immediate thought that he would have just let her die tells me otherwise. Well, OK, maybe not evil, but clearly she is very in touch with her dark side. Let's hope she'll wise up after continued exposure to L&C and will see the errors of her ways.

One minor possible continuity question at the very end of the story, though --
“Why?” she finally asked, her eyes alighting on Clark, even as she realized that Lois, sporting one hell of a black eye, was now approaching the scene with... a dog?
Mayson has already seen Lois with Shadow, in the police station when Clark jumped out the window. After telling Mayson off, Lois grabbed Shadow's halter and stormed out. So would Mayson be so baffled to see Lois with a dog again? I'd be willing to believe she was just shaken up by the car bomb, but the fact that she was so quick to ask why Clark didn't just let her die to protect his secret makes me think she's thinking pretty clearly. Anyway, minor thing, but something that caught my attention.

So ... episode three starting tomorrow? Pretty please with a dog biscuit for Shadow on top? laugh

Kathy

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
eek Oooh. Mayson lives! You had me at the edge of my seat there. I was like: Oh, no! Mayson's going to die and everyone going to think... well, if they knew that she was blackmailing / extorting CK... he'd be suspect #1! The big question is, what is she going to do now?

My theory, I'm thinking she'll still want to tell. I know, she really should be deciding now it's a good thing keeping quiet... but if she was willing to tell after he saved the mayor, the mayor's daughter, and all those hostages out of vindictive spite... I don't see her changing her tune.

Another missing hole to fill. Who was Mayson going to tell?

But another nice aspect to Mayson living: no reason for Dan Scardino to show up, right? laugh Sigh, no, you'll proabably bring him in to make Clark nervous... there was still a "bomb" even if Mayson lived.

I, too, liked that L&C know that Perry knows... unofficially. thumbsup laugh Perry's a riot. I'm guessing if he knows officially... instead of unofficially... he'd feel obligated as editor of the DP to... well... write about it. Unofficially knowing, he has the out of not having the cold hard facts on Superman's secret identity.

So, I can think of another way to raise Lois's adrenaline levels laugh that has nothing to do with roller-coasters. Please! Lois. Clark. I cannot think I'm the only one of us who thought of this (actually, I'm surprised that Perry -- knowing your current relationship -- didn't mention this alternative method. Well, he probably did THINK of it, but was too much of a gentleman - and your boss - to actually mention it outloud). But, hey, just an idea. Lots and lots of practice and she might be able to control those leaks and figure out how to cure Clark's blindness. But if you'd rather get your thrills at the amusement park... whatever rocks your boat.

Oh, dear. Leit & Munch are dead. That's not good. That means that someone with Intergang has the Faraday device. Not good at all, because it's probably someone who doesn't read instructions well and will mess up its application in some way, making poor Superman come out of hiding and clean up more messes. Sigh.

Loving the story! wink In case you didn't notice with all my sarcasm. laugh Not about loving the story... that wasn't sarcasm. I'm rambling, so I'm just going to go back to writing my own stuff now and shut up. blush

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful. And I for one am pleased you kept Mayson alive.

Framework4
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Sometimes, fanfic is just so much more satisfying than the tv show itself, and this story demonstrates that so well.

I'm not even sure I can remember all of the things I love about this story, but I think I love the interaction between Lois and Clark the best. Your characterizations are fantastic.

I can't wait for Episode 3!

Amber smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So Mayson didn't blow up. I know, I know, I should be ashamed of myself. laugh blush But it's okay. If she had died it would have been too easy a solution and good stories never take the easiest route. wink This way we can have more chapters of Lois and Clark coming up with ideas to shut up the blond loose-tongued. razz

And I agree: why would Lois need a roller-coaster when she has Clark to raise her adrenaline levels? wink Give them an uninterrupted weekend and I bet he can make her adrenaline levels sky rocket. :p Lois will win the Nobel prize in science. laugh Ok, maybe not because it wasn't her invention, but she may be able to find the cure to Clark's blindness and the homeless men's programing. smile

I know, it can look like just an attempt to get more Lois & Clark action... blush What can I say, it's not my fault that they are so good together. love

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Glad you guys enjoyed episode two.

Mayson has already seen Lois with Shadow, in the police station when Clark jumped out the window. After telling Mayson off, Lois grabbed Shadow's halter and stormed out. So would Mayson be so baffled to see Lois with a dog again?
Oops. My bad. For some reason, I forgot that they had seen each other at the police station. And Clark hadn't had Shadow yet during the confrontation at the Daily Planet. Thanks for pointing that out.

Oh, no! Mayson's going to die and everyone going to think... well, if they knew that she was blackmailing / extorting CK... he'd be suspect #1!
Oooo... Interesting idea. And maybe Mayson told someone at the DA's office that she knew something incriminating about Clark that he didn't want her to reveal. Of course, they would feel morally obligated to pass that information on to the police - especially since Clark was the one holding the body when she was exploded.

Sometimes, fanfic is just so much more satisfying than the tv show itself, and this story demonstrates that so well.
Thank you so much. I'm actually looking forward to the day when technology gets to the point where we can turn our stories into episodes. Wouldn't that be fun?

I know, it can look like just an attempt to get more Lois & Clark action... blush
No. No. I would never think that. laugh

Anyway, thanks for the comments. Enjoy you're 'satified end of episode feeling' because as of midnight tonight... I intend to shoot it all to hell. wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I intend to shoot it all to hell.
goofy

When I realized you weren’t with him and saw that he was holding what appeared to be the seat of a pair of pants in his mouth, I sent an Officer Hodge out to look for you.
wave

He pulled her away from the car, forcing her to the ground, his body practically on top of hers. “Clark, what the hell do you think...”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
As for those of you waiting for Mayson to die... Hey, that’s not how Superman works!!! You should be ashamed of yourselves!!
/blushing... shuffling feet... looking down at the ground.../

Hey, look! Is that a rabbit over there? laugh

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
All caught up. For now...
Congratulations, Michael. wave

Kerth
Kerth
smile1 I'm off to read...

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Top Banana
Top Banana
Darn, Mayson didn't die!! whinging I guess if she becomes an ally for the time-being, that is okay. But she MUST die. She can't know the secret. You must silence her!! :p

Loving the story and really looking forward to Clark getting his eyesight back. You always keep me on the edge of my seat! Great writing!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard