Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I don’t know. I don’t think things are looking too good for Lois and Clark right now. Who knows? Maybe Mayson Drake’s threat will be the least of their problems. wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Kerth
Kerth
Gah! Why do you keep being so deliciously evil? Another great chapter- with another great cliffhanger! I can't believe that helicopter! What if it goes wrong now- it will be all their stupid fault! And there's no doubt now about whether or not Superman was there- Mayson's threat might just be an issue after all. And with Lois being kidnapped by Leit and Munch?? I hope Shadow will jump to protect her...

Anxiously awaiting more!
hyper

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
eek Thank you, LNN. Gee, I hope tomorrow's headline for the Daily Planet will be "LNN causes death of 31 hostages and 4 brainwashed homeless, kidnap victims".

Okay. No, I hope that ISN'T the headline. I'm hoping Superman will still save the day.

And yes, I'm hoping Shadow will protect Lois.

Luckily, Clark doesn't know that Munch just punched her, knocking her to the ground. Because otherwise Superman's Thou Shall Not Kill clause might come under review.

What I'm really hoping for is that Lois isn't going to get an early dose of amnesia, because that's the last thing this young couple needs. A blind superhero with a live-in girlfriend who doesn't remember him. Oh, and a dog who with our luck will probably be shot for protecting Lois! No, MLT, you wouldn't do that to Shadow, would you?

This isn't fair. I've already bitten my fingernails down to the nub. I have nothing left for tomorrow's part. ARGH!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Glad to see you guys are happy with where I left off posting. I strive to please.

Oh, and a dog who with our luck will probably be shot for protecting Lois! No, MLT, you wouldn't do that to Shadow, would you?
Well, it would solve the question someone raised in a previous thread of what to do with Shadow if Clark gets his eyesight back laugh .

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
In my opinion, Lois, as a dedicated journalist, should point out to Mayson, in a non-threatening way, of course, that it might very well be her duty to expose a corrupt government official in the Daily Planet. Lois was, if you recall, a witness to Mayson's extortion deal with Clark, and again she was witness to Mayson's attempt to prevent Clark from saving the hostages as Superman -- hostages that include the mayor's 10-year-old daughter.

Of course, if Mayson decides that it is in the public welfare not to carry through, Lois would be bound to do nothing. But Lois should make it very clear that if Mayson exposed Clark, the circumstances *would* come out, one way or another.

It all would depend, of course, on whether Mayson's hatred for Superman was greater than her regard for her own career.

Admittedly, that is a brand of extortion, too. But since Mayson isn't above it, I don't see Lois worrying about it, either.

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Interesting idea, Nan.

By the way, I should let you all know that part I post tonight will be the final for episode two.

ML wave

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Finally! With the weekend here I plowed through the previous four chapters and all I can say is job well done. Awesome story.

In total agreement with Nan. Mayson is practicing extortion. Does Metropolis really want such a person in the D.A.'s office? Superman is not a criminal.

Seriously? Munch punched Lois in the face? The man is demented... either that or he has a death wish.

You wouldn't get rid of Shadow like that would you? He is such a sweet pup! mecry

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I'm currently working on the final part of Episode 2 so it should be up by midnight.

ML wave

Merriwether
Merriwether
Now that was one brilliant bit of plotting. Lois is brilliant for realizing what was going on, and you were brilliant for letting her. smile You also did a great job of building the tension when both Lois and Clark were realizing that something didn't make sense with the scenario, but couldn't put their fingers on it.

Argh, that helicopter crew is going to be in a heap of trouble! How in the world did they not figure out that the power was out for a reason? Foolish people! I'm sure Perry will have a special heated editorial in tomorrow's DP just for them. wink

And yikes for Lois getting hurt and captured! Let's hope Shadow will help her as much as he helped Clark.

So fifteen minutes until the next part, huh? This may have to be a night where I stay up to read both. <g>

Kathy

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
So fifteen minutes until the next part, huh? This may have to be a night where I stay up to read both. <g>
Sorry about the delay. This would have to be the night my computer crashed.

At least I didn't lose the story - although for a time there I was biting my nails over that question. wave

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave

And after what Clark had told her Shadow had done early this morning to protect him, Lois wasn’t about to write him off as a potential ally.
Such wonderfully hidden foreshadowing wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard