Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
One thing I really enjoyed about writing this section was when I went to describe Marcus from Lois’ perspective. When I described him from Clark’s perspective, I had no need to think about what he might look like. So when I had Lois meet him, I then had to come up with a description - and it surprised me what he ended up looking like. It really emphasized to me the way the world Clark now lives in is different.

Oh, and I figured you guys might like to see some more of Mayson so... Hey, what can I say? I strive to please. wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Kerth
Kerth
I really liked that point you brought up about Marcus, and I think that came across really well in the chapter. I liked that scene a lot. Marcus' interactions with both Lois and Clark was great- I really love his character.

They're on the right track for the investigation. Church, Costmart, Faraday leaks and his device.

And the end... wow! Craziness ensuing! Poor Clark/Superman! Why do I get the feeling that it's gonna be the same crowd that they're after, knowing Superman is blind? And Mayson... wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by MLT:<strong> Oh, and I figured you guys might like to see some more of Mayson so... Hey, what can I say? I strive to please. clap Loving Lois standing up for her man. notworthy

Now, we all know what little push Clark needed to be himself again.

Will now start biting my nails until tomorrow night. AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow. That was packed full of a-plot goodness. I'm glad that Marcus was willing to give Clark a chance to explain himself and that it led Lois and Clark back to Liet and Munch.

The characterizations are so good in this story - specifically how Clark paused before going into check out the CostMart. In such a subtly brilliant way, you show how Clark is the cautious one and Lois is diving in without checking the water level. However, with the change in circumstances, Lois has also learned to read Clark a little better by noticing and taking serious his concerns even before he voiced them. Maybe losing his sight has made Lois more observant of non-verbal communication.

I love this Lois. This story may be an adaptation of a season 2 plot, but this Lois has the emotional maturity of a season 4 Lois. I love the way Clark totally ignored Mayson's threats and that Lois understood that he was asking for her permission. Boy, he sure did learn fast that they make relationship decisions together.

Oh, and I enjoyed the snub to Mayson as well. She may think that she has power over Clark, but she really has nothing to hold over him. First she wanted his love, then his obedience. Now what has she got?

Can't wait for more.
B

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
And Mayson... Why isn't she dead yet?
You mean before you kill her off?
Boy, you guys really don't like Mayson do you? laugh

love this Lois. This story may be an adaptation of a season 2 plot, but this Lois has the emotional maturity of a season 4 Lois.
Don't worry. Lois will still have her moments in episode three. laugh I figure she's had to be strong to help Clark get back on his feet. And things are going well at the moment, but in episode three when... Oh, wait! I can't tell you that! wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Merriwether
Merriwether
OK, first of all ... there's a third story in the series already planned? Woo hoo! thumbsup

And third, this was a great chapter with an even better ending. Lots of a-plot goodness, as my good buddy BJ so aptly put it, and a dynamite, unexpected ending with the confrontation with Mayson. Of course Clark had to go, despite the danger to his secret, and I love that Lois got to tell Mayson off so completely. Well done.

I agree that Mayson has crossed a line here, but I'm still not convinced she's not bluffing. Even if her hatred of Superman outweighs her desire to save the Mayor and his daughter, can you imagine the backlash she'd get if she ever did reveal his secret, especially after this confrontation? "Breaking news ... Mayson Drake, the attorney who exposed Superman's identity to the world, apparently tried to blackmail him out of saving the Mayor's 10 year old daughter when she was taken hostage last month. According to Lois Lane and Clark Kent, Drake threatened to expose his secret if he brought Superman out of retirement to save the child. All attempts to contact Drake have been unsuccessful. After being fired from the District Attorney's office for extortion, she has gone into hiding after numerous threats to her life." wink

Hmm, on second thought, maybe the car bomb would be a kinder ending for her. lol

Kathy

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Hmm, on second thought, maybe the car bomb would be a kinder ending for her.
laugh

Well, the next part will be up in ten minutes. I didn't have a chance to give it a last minute read-through, though, so I hope it's all right.

ML wave

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark chucked when he heard Lois sit down on the far side of the conference room table.
hyper

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Hey, Michael, you're only one section behind. laugh

Would he even be allowed inside? Or would she tie a rope to his belt and have him keep up outside the car.
Now, you see, that was exactly what you suggested some time back about why Clark needed to learn to fly - so that Lois could put a string on him and fly him like a kite - only this time he can bob along off the back of her jeep.

ML wave

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey, Michael, you're only one section behind.
blush

Now, you see, that was exactly what you suggested some time back about why Clark needed to learn to fly
Now that you mention it. What can I say? The goof just lends himself to this sort of fun huh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard