Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Seems I didn't manage to get this part ready to go before midnight after all. Sorry. I ended up having more little changes that I had to make than I expected. Hopefully, it's a better part as a result, though.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lunch... Munch?... Bunch?... What was Leit's muscle called?

Well, the doctors at the "free clinic" (be careful of anything given away for free, they always get you in the end) don't sound like the woman (blonde?) who they saw with Steven at CostMart. Wonder what's going on with the homeless guys.

I love "Storage, Storage, and Storage" with absolutely NO security (so much for it's middle name)! clap I'm curious what else Lois found out, besides Church. Did it have something to do with Church Jr? (What was it about men named "Junior" on this show?) Lois was lucky to come the day "before" they were going to destroy the files. Time to go back with Clark for some night work.

Yea! Shadow!! Good dog! Clark, don't let the people at the MBC know you've moved onto the streets with Shadow, they are likely to take him away from you.

Marcus seems like a good guy. I'd like to know more about Erik. He seems to know a lot. What's with 'gramps' and 'Robby' shaking down homeless guys? Don't they know homeless guys HAVE NO MONEY? I mean, Clark earned a whomping 85 cents on his first day.

You're always leaving me wanting more!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Love this story! Just started reading and cant wait for the next part. Looking forward to Mayson dying too. evil

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Glad you guys are enjoying the story. Just took a look at the next part and I think you're going to like it. It will answer a lot of your questions - before leaving you with a lot more. laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Really, really enjoying this story! I look forward to reading each new installment every morning on the way to work (and no, just in case anybody's wondering, I don't drive to work laugh ).

And I know it seems silly, but my first thought after you had Mayson figure out the secret was: what are they going to do? (no, her death didn't even cross my mind... for the first few minutes at least).

Thanks for a very enjoyable read smile

Cris
Kerth
Kerth
clap Great update! I think it's a very interesting development, with Clark going undercover as a homeless man. Glad he has Shadow with him, otherwise he'd have probably blown his cover as Superman or as Clark before the dog jumped in. I like Marcus a lot- nice guy. And I think it's clever the way you have Bobby looking out for him. But if Clark's not more careful, he's gonna end up in trouble...

Free clinic, huh? Doesn't sound so crazy to me. And what's with the "shakedown" on the homeless? It's awful! And unlikely for profit.

Lois is lucky to have got in there when she did. Though I'm concerned about her trying to go back for more later. Who else did she find on that list? I hope both Lois and Clark share all- otherwise they could have serious reprecussions.

Can't wait, as usual, for more! I'm loving this series. dance

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ooo, a free clinic? With eye exams? Now my spidey senses are tingling, just like Clark's! Maybe "Mr. Smith" really was having Faraday leaks. (Which I love when Lois has, btw ... I keep meaning to say that in my feedback and keep forgetting. But I love how many you've come up with and her almost casual dismissal of them when they happen. I'm almost going to be sorry to see them go, LOL.)

I saved this chapter for today and probably won't get to tonight's until tomorrow, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens next. smile

Kathy

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Another great part. Ack, Mayson knowing the truth. Love Clark going undercover. I laugh every time I read the name Shadow as it is my husband's dreaded family dog. Really enjoying this story.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Glad you guys are enjoying this. Thanks for the feedback.

I'm just letting you know that I'm doing my final read-through now. So the next part should be up at midnight.

ML wave

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
‘Cardboard City’ - as it had been dubbed by the local residents
Welcome to Cardboard City. Free housing. Free garbage service. Flowing water. Campfires and dogs allowed.

“Come on, old man. You got to have something.” The voice close outside his box attracted Clark’s attention. The words were accompanied by some scuffling.

“You already took everything. There ain’t no more,” someone responded.
Oh great. And he left his funny suit home with the wife.

His cane in hand, he tapped his way quickly in the direction of the voices.

“Hey, leave him alone!” he demanded when a second hit sounded through the air.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard