Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Sorry the section was so long, but I didn’t want to interrupt Shadow moving into his new home. (Hey, I know how stressful it can be moving into a new home and didn't want to add to his stress) laugh

Anyway, so I got to wondering what Clark would look like if he were blind. I mean, really, how good could he look without seeing those beautiful eyes? So I took a picture and darkened his glasses and...

[Linked Image]

Okay, I was wrong. He’s still pretty good looking. blush

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“I knew you were hiding something,” Mayson practically spat. “I always thought it was that you had feelings for Lois. But this...” Her voice trailed off as she gestured frantically towards Clark. “You’re Superman.”
Yep, didn't take her long at all. laugh

“Oh, Lois,” Jimmy said. “I wanted to ask you what time you want me to come by Friday evening to help get Clark moved into your apartment?”
Jimmy, right there with the awkward comment, as usual.

“I have a condition,” Mayson finally said.

“And what’s that?” Clark asked.

“That Superman stays gone.”
Nooo! We know that Superman will keep his word if he gives it. But the world needs Superman. Of course, if Mayson were dead, the promise would be moot.

Maybe Mayson will get killed by a car bomb or something. evil

I’m still allowing my eyes to get as much sunlight as possible.
Other posters have pointed out that this might, possibly, be the wrong treatment? Maybe Clark should go and hide in a coal mine for a month or so. wink

"Seriously though, Kent, sorry about what happened. - farming accident wasn’t it? Too bad they haven’t healed. Have you considered that you might have complications or an infection of some kind? Hear that’s something you have to watch out for with Welder’s flash.”
You know, I've always wondered how much Bobby really knows. He seems to know everything else.

“Okay, but who actually quotes Machiavelli?” Clark asked. “I spoke to his daughter the other day and she didn’t even know who Machiavelli was - let alone why her father would have quoted him.”
Maybe it's another Faraday leak? Maybe Dr. Leit is using the homeless guys as guinea pigs? And at the end, they're being dissected like frogs? shock

Merriwether
Merriwether
When I saw your feedback that you were about to post Chapter 5, I briefly considered going to bed and saving it to savor in the morning. Then I immediately thought, "Nah". <g> On the plus side, the minutes between seeing your post and midnight allowed me to get all ready for bed, so that I could indulge in a bedtime story. wink

I guess the conversation with Mayson went about as well as it could have. Her reaction makes sense, as unflattering as it is. I like that Clark explained to her that he was always Clark, and Superman was the disguise. I don't know that Mayson will come to understand that or not -- though I'm hopeful that maybe L&C helping her nail Intergang will assist in that regard -- but it was good for him to insist that she hear it. And maybe Clark is right, maybe she will be willing to renegotiate if he gets his sight back ... or maybe a pesky little thing like a car bomb will renegotiate for her. wink (Not that I want her to die ... I actually like stories where Clark prevents that from happening, and hey, maybe with his blindness-enhanced senses, he'll be able to get there in time if things go the same way!)

Shadow looks like he will be a great addition to the family, and I love how he has already fallen for both Lois and Clark. I think he's going to fit in just fine. thumbsup

Clever idea for Clark to go undercover as a homeless man. I'm really interested to see where this is all going! Do we have two separate investigations going on here, or will Mayson's Intergang lead and Perry's friend "Mr. Smith" end up converging? Can't wait to find out. thumbsup

Kathy

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry the section was so long
No, don't apologize. I love long sections. laugh

It was great fun (for me, anyway) to see the Lois/Mayson/Clark meeting. It's good to have it out right away in the privacy of a conference room rather than in a more public setting. Although, I think this will teach Clark to always listen for another person before barging into a room to talk to Lois now.

Love Shadow and the move in, but my favorite part was the pilot-like scene where Bobby is dressing Clark's in his new disguise and he says, "it's missing something." <bg>

Can hardly wait for tomorrow. I wonder how long it will take Clark to figure out that the homeless guys are disappearing near the new Cost Mart?

B

ETA:
Thanks for posting the denim Clark picture.
drool

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It was so nice of Martha to send you a photo of Clark from the farm, MLT. Can you send her our thanks? wink

Lois’ head shot up when, just as Mayson was putting the Snell file back in her briefcase, the door to the conference room flew open and a beaming Clark Kent practically bolted into the room.
Oh, no,no,no,no,no,no!

“Uhh... Hi, Mayson,” Clark said, quickly folding his cane, as if in an attempt to keep Mayson from seeing it. A futile gesture.
Ooops?

Mayson glanced at Lois and then, moving too quickly for either Lois or Clark to react, stormed over to Clark, reaching up and ripping the sunglasses off his face.

Lois’ shoulders sagged. Without the glasses, there was no mistaking the man standing in the conference room.
Yes, well, there you go, Clark. The drawback to always being attracted to smarts.

“I’m Clark,” Clark insisted again. “Superman is just a way for me to use my powers without completely disrupting my life. But Clark is who I am - first, last and always.”
One of my favorite parts of TF. laugh thumbsup

“Oh, Lois,” Jimmy said. “I wanted to ask you what time you want me to come by Friday evening to help get Clark moved into your apartment?”
Open mouth, Jimmy inserts foot, shoe, calf and knee.

“In other words, you want to know if I’ll help with your ongoing deception of the people of Metropolis.”
Ouch! Yep, guys, this was handled badly.

“No, I want to know if my parents are going to have to sell the farm and move somewhere where no one will ever find them. I want to know if Lois is going to be followed everywhere she goes by paparazzi. And I want to know if I can still go out for a cheeseburger without it ending up on the front page of every tabloid in the country.”
PLEASE! Mayson, PLEASE! whinging

Clark sighed. “We’ll deal with that problem if we come to it. Maybe once Mayson calms down, she’ll be willing to renegotiate.”

Lois’ silence spoke of her skepticism.
Still with Lois on this one.

“Try every single time.”

Bobby’s voice coming from the back seat caused both Lois and Clark to spin towards him.

“Oh, and Clairol, number 9 - light blonde,” Bobby added.
clap laugh I love Bobby!

She had to admit, she’d had a mix of emotions as she’d watched Clark sign the papers making him her co-tenant. It had suddenly hit Lois what she was doing. And she’d found herself wondering if she was completely insane to be doing it.
Yeah, you are. Why don't you just place a want ad? I'm sure there are more than enough people who'll take your live-in boyfriend into their home for you. No? Then, deal!

She studied the picture on the box for a moment with a small frown. “Looks more like a cage to me,” she said disapprovingly. “I don’t like the idea of keeping Shadow in a cage.”

“No, you don’t understand,” Clark said as he set the box down. “To you, it looks like a cage. To Shadow it’s a den. His own private space. We’ll put some old blankets in it, maybe even put one over top and he’ll love it.”
Uh-huh. I'm still with Lois, here.

At first, Jimmy tried to insist that he could do the job himself, but Clark’s pride was unable to let him sit around while his friend worked.
Yeah, that would drive Clark crazy.

Clark was right. He liked the crate. “Okay, then,” Lois said, “well, if you’re satisfied, I have other work to do.”
I love how she talks to him as if he were human.

“Lois, did you just give Shadow table scraps?” Clark asked.

“No! Why would you say that?” Lois replied guiltily.

Jimmy laughed.

“Traitor,” she said to Jimmy even as Clark shook his head in amusement.
And everything is back to normal.

“That’s great!” Jimmy responded, reaching for another slice of pizza. “Now, would you mind telling me exactly why I’m a genius?”
rotflol

‘S-suits.’ What were S-suits?
Swimsuits? Sunbathing suits? Social Suits? Super-duper suits? Sand colored suits? Sandwich making suits?

“Why would he say something like that?” Jimmy asked.

“That’s what’s been bugging me. It’s a quote from a book written in the fifteen hundreds by a man named Machiavelli,” Clark explained.
Didn't Bobby say the man, Baker, liked Machiavelli?

“Two heartbeats.”

“Uhh... How do you know I’m not pregnant?”

Clark’s eyebrows rose.

“I’m not,” Lois said, instantly turning scarlet. “And can we just forget I said that?”
Ahh. I don't think so.

A slow smile made its way across Lois’ face. “Well, I loved you when I arrived in Smallville, didn’t I. But this time... I don’t know, farmboy.” She wrapped an arm around his neck, pulling him with her as she lay back on the sofa. “Maybe we better get in all the loving we can before that happens.”
Yeah, nothing worse that invulnerable stubble burn! Ouch!

“Suits me,” Clark responded, following her over, his mouth searching for hers as his hands began to wander.

An unexpected sound of whimpering right next to their ears caused them to jump, before bursting into laughter when Shadow began nuzzling at the sides of their faces.
See what you get for taking Shadow's spot on the couch, Clark!

“Everything’s for sale in Suicide Slum,” Bobby responded. “Don’t worry, I’ll send you the bill. Anyway, we should go if we want to get you settled in while it’s still dark. I’ll show you where to put up your cardboard box, but you’ll be on your own from there. You sure you’re up for this?”

“I’m up for it,” Clark assured him. “So’s Shadow.”

“Okay, then. But if you get yourself into too much trouble, I’ll be working at the soup kitchen at the corner of Fifth and Saxton today. You just get yourself there and I’ll smuggle you back to Lois. Just... walk downwind of me, okay?”
Again, loving Bobby!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Nice part.

So Clark is going undercover, should be fun.

And clearly Baker has been hit with the same eye beam as Lois. So when they find Baker they will be half way to finding a cure for Clark.

Sounds good.

Framework4
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Glad you guys think the scene with Mayson is realistic and enjoyed seeing Shadow get settled into his new home.

Like you, Virginia, I had real doubts about the crate when everyone kept telling me that when I got Shadow I really needed to get her a crate. I never had a crate for my last dog. But Shadow absolutely loves the crate. In fact, she's sound asleep in there right now. It's her own private space and she hords her toys and bones and every thing else of value to her in it. And, boy, do I ever get dirty looks when I have the nerve to clean it. laugh

I'm currently working on getting part six ready for posting. So expect it to be up by midnight - maybe even a little bit early since I'm feeling like perhaps going to bed a bit early tonight. I'm still fighting this flu.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Kerth
Kerth
Really good chapter! The part with Mayson was realistic, but sad. I loved the part with Shadow coming home- and stealing Clark's place on the couch! wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I tell you this white cane can clear a path almost as well as you.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
"True. But now there's no chance of Clark and Superman and me."
At one point, I did consider writing an nfic where they did have a threesome - figuring that Superman and Clark could move fast enough that he could make himself seem like two men. laugh But that didn't get beyond the initial idea stage. After all, the concept was the best part of the story. laugh

ML wave

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap
Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard